Theory - Belial is Asta's Devil?!? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Theory Belial is Asta's Devil?!?

Daoloth

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Tartaros
Salve I'm going to paste some stuff from Wikipedia to save myself a lot of typing or explaining then apply it to Black Clover or BC (Before Christ)... Crowley did believe something along lines of Belial being one of the 3 before Samael but that will confuse many on here if I get into that. I noticed somebody called the Dark Triad vs. the Light Triad so I listed that to give an idea where it might be from. Before many on here were even born I used Belial...Without a Master or something from Satanic bible. The following is more from Jewish related stuff over anything else. I'm not trying to expose anybody to religion or convert anybody, I know he adapted stuff so I'm pretty sure this will happen or was used to some manner. Yami you could view as a representation of Belial or Belialo I guess way they name Devils in this. That would expand on my list a bit, anyways this below is from Wiki which I could have just extracted a few bits but wanted to give people a bit more context to help them grasp before breaking it down. If people react well to this maybe I'll explain more things otherwise its just not worth the time or effort ;).

Hebrew Bible
Belial (בְלִיַּעַל bĕli-yaal) is a Hebrew word "used to characterize the wicked or worthless." The etymology of the word is often understood as "lacking worth",[3] from two common words: beli- (בְּלִי "without-") and ya'al ( יָעַל "to be of value").
Some scholars translate it from Hebrew as "worthless" (Beli yo'il), while others translate it as "yokeless" (Beli ol), "may he have no rising" or "never to rise" (Beli ya'al). Only a few etymologists have believed it to be an invented name from the start.[4]
The word occurs twenty-seven times in the Masoretic Text, in verses such as Proverbs 6:12, where the King James Version (KJV) translates the Hebrew phrase adam beli-yaal as "a naughty person".[5]
In the Hebrew text the phrase is either "sons of Belial" or simply "sons of worthlessness".[6][7] Phrases beginning with "sons of" are a common Semitic idiom such as "sons of destruction", "sons of lawlessness".[8]
Of these 27 occurrences, the idiom "sons of Belial" (בְּנֵֽי־בְלִיַּעַל beni beliyaal) appears 15 times to indicate worthless people, including idolaters (Deuteronomy 13:13), the men of Gibeah (Judges 19:22, 20:13), the sons of Eli (1 Samuel 2:12), Nabal, and Shimei. The Geneva Bible (1560) uses "wicked," and at Jg 19:22 has the marginal note "Ebr [Hebrew] men of Belial: that is, given to all wickednes." In the KJV these occurrences are rendered with "Belial" capitalised:

• "the sons of Eli were sons of Belial " (KJV)

In modern versions these are usually read as a phrase:

• "the sons of Eli were worthless men " (1 Samuel 2:12, NRSV and NIV)
  • "the wicked men of the city" (Judges 19:22, NIV)

"Belial" is applied to ideas, words, and counsel,[9] to calamitous circumstances,[10] and most frequently, to worthless men of the lowest sort, such as men who would induce worship of other gods;[11] those of Benjamin who committed the sex crime at Gibeah;[12] the wicked sons of Eli;[13] insolent Nabal;[14] opposers of God’s anointed, David;[15] Rehoboam's unsteady associates;[16] Jezebel's conspirators against Naboth;[17] and men in general who stir up contention.[18] Indicating that the enemy power would no longer interfere with the carrying out of true worship by his people in their land, YHWH declared through his prophet: "No more will any worthless person pass again through you. In his entirety he will certainly be cut off."[19]
Second Temple period
The term belial appears frequently in Jewish texts of the Second Temple period (texts classified by Christians as the Old Testament pseudepigrapha and apocrypha).[3] Also a large number of references to Belial are evidenced in the Dead Sea Scrolls discovered at Qumran from 1948.
Dead Sea Scrolls
In The War of the Sons of Light Against the Sons of Darkness,[20] one of the Dead Sea scrolls, Belial is the leader of the Sons of Darkness:

Alright so I'm going to use examples of how the Worthless basically are bound or led by Asta essentially. Those in their society at least who were seen that way or felt that way or cast out whatever in no particular order.

1. Asta ends up getting book from his Despair perhaps from Revchi being influenced to be there in first place.
2. Yuno saved by Asta even as a child helping him cope with being abandoned at birth etc.
3. Neige stealing magic from children was willing to change just so Asta would be his friend.
4. Mars he was saved by Asta in many ways while allowing him to save FAna as well.
5. Ladros seemed like a lost cause using those magic stones to gain power stepping on everybody not having any friends etc.
6. Mariella she was killing people had no real direction.
7. Noelle Silva I could write a book on this but its clear to anybody who read or watched.
8. Zora seeing his father or ideals in Asta finally joins team fully gets a purpose besides being ass ;).
9. Luck who had no friends just hurt people as only way to please his dead mother etc.
10. Nero/Secre she had a rough life but Asta helped give her hope again or humanity.
11. Gauche was pretty much only there for his sister but Asta helped him grow as a man etc.
12. Gordon abandoned his family but returned to try to save Asta only to find he was wrong to leave etc.
13. VAnessa going from a drunken lush to a person who is least a functional alcoholic.
14. Klaus helped change his view of people thanks to Asta being a worthless commoner.
15. Fanzel decided to carry on to find Code when he was ready to just let himself die or become captured.
16. Henry was able to find meaning along with a friend in Asta even ready to give his own life to safe his friends.
17. Yami became a better person surpassing his limits while finally doing what he wanted for Julius with his squad.
18. Sally she found Asta's body all that was needed to turn her.
19. Mimosa became stronger to fight by ASta's side etc...
20. Kirsh getting beat by Asta helped him be less negative towards commoners etc.
21. Finral went from being a loser who gave up on himself trying to hit on any woman he could to engaged etc :).
22. Grey helped become more useful instead of fearful thanks to ASta.
23. Nash or whatever his name went form thinking he would be worthless to having hope of becoming Magic Knight etc.
24. Magna went from just a scrub to a higher ranked scrub trying hard to improve himself and magic.

You get the idea I have a few things to do. In general people who were worthless or lacking are touched by Belial. I don't think Astaroth would fit, I think that is Christian anyways. It isn't that easy to explain but if start to think about it relating everything it seems rather clear to me. I could probably list 48 or more examples of people or names if I had more time to think it over haha. I tried to least touch on key important moments or people... YOu got Patri, RAdus, who I think would fit that in many ways as well just to give an idea :).

Last edited:

DaGreatNoodles

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Salve I'm going to paste some stuff from Wikipedia to save myself a lot of typing or explaining then apply it to Black Clover or BC (Before Christ)... Crowley did believe something along lines of Belial being one of the 3 before Samael but that will confuse many on here if I get into that. I noticed somebody called the Dark Triad vs. the Light Triad so I listed that to give an idea where it might be from. Before many on here were even born I used Belial...Without a Master or something from Satanic bible. The following is more from Jewish related stuff over anything else. I'm not trying to expose anybody to religion or convert anybody, I know he adapted stuff so I'm pretty sure this will happen or was used to some manner. Yami you could view as a representation of Belial or Belialo I guess way they name Devils in this. That would expand on my list a bit, anyways this below is from Wiki which I could have just extracted a few bits but wanted to give people a bit more context to help them grasp before breaking it down. If people react well to this maybe I'll explain more things otherwise its just not worth the time or effort ;).

Hebrew Bible
Belial (בְלִיַּעַל bĕli-yaal) is a Hebrew word "used to characterize the wicked or worthless." The etymology of the word is often understood as "lacking worth",[3] from two common words: beli- (בְּלִי "without-") and ya'al ( יָעַל "to be of value").
Some scholars translate it from Hebrew as "worthless" (Beli yo'il), while others translate it as "yokeless" (Beli ol), "may he have no rising" or "never to rise" (Beli ya'al). Only a few etymologists have believed it to be an invented name from the start.[4]
The word occurs twenty-seven times in the Masoretic Text, in verses such as Proverbs 6:12, where the King James Version (KJV) translates the Hebrew phrase adam beli-yaal as "a naughty person".[5]
In the Hebrew text the phrase is either "sons of Belial" or simply "sons of worthlessness".[6][7] Phrases beginning with "sons of" are a common Semitic idiom such as "sons of destruction", "sons of lawlessness".[8]
Of these 27 occurrences, the idiom "sons of Belial" (בְּנֵֽי־בְלִיַּעַל beni beliyaal) appears 15 times to indicate worthless people, including idolaters (Deuteronomy 13:13), the men of Gibeah (Judges 19:22, 20:13), the sons of Eli (1 Samuel 2:12), Nabal, and Shimei. The Geneva Bible (1560) uses "wicked," and at Jg 19:22 has the marginal note "Ebr [Hebrew] men of Belial: that is, given to all wickednes." In the KJV these occurrences are rendered with "Belial" capitalised:

• "the sons of Eli were sons of Belial " (KJV)

In modern versions these are usually read as a phrase:

• "the sons of Eli were worthless men " (1 Samuel 2:12, NRSV and NIV)
  • "the wicked men of the city" (Judges 19:22, NIV)

"Belial" is applied to ideas, words, and counsel,[9] to calamitous circumstances,[10] and most frequently, to worthless men of the lowest sort, such as men who would induce worship of other gods;[11] those of Benjamin who committed the sex crime at Gibeah;[12] the wicked sons of Eli;[13] insolent Nabal;[14] opposers of God’s anointed, David;[15] Rehoboam's unsteady associates;[16] Jezebel's conspirators against Naboth;[17] and men in general who stir up contention.[18] Indicating that the enemy power would no longer interfere with the carrying out of true worship by his people in their land, YHWH declared through his prophet: "No more will any worthless person pass again through you. In his entirety he will certainly be cut off."[19]
Second Temple period
The term belial appears frequently in Jewish texts of the Second Temple period (texts classified by Christians as the Old Testament pseudepigrapha and apocrypha).[3] Also a large number of references to Belial are evidenced in the Dead Sea Scrolls discovered at Qumran from 1948.
Dead Sea Scrolls
In The War of the Sons of Light Against the Sons of Darkness,[20] one of the Dead Sea scrolls, Belial is the leader of the Sons of Darkness:

Alright so I'm going to use examples of how the Worthless basically are bound or led by Asta essentially. Those in their society at least who were seen that way or felt that way or cast out whatever in no particular order.

1. Asta ends up getting book from his Despair perhaps from Revchi being influenced to be there in first place.
2. Yuno saved by Asta even as a child helping him cope with being abandoned at birth etc.
3. Neige stealing magic from children was willing to change just so Asta would be his friend.
4. Mars he was saved by Asta in many ways while allowing him to save FAna as well.
5. Ladros seemed like a lost cause using those magic stones to gain power stepping on everybody not having any friends etc.
6. Mariella she was killing people had no real direction.
7. Noelle Silva I could write a book on this but its clear to anybody who read or watched.
8. Zora seeing his father or ideals in Asta finally joins team fully gets a purpose besides being ass ;).
9. Luck who had no friends just hurt people as only way to please his dead mother etc.
10. Nero/Secre she had a rough life but Asta helped give her hope again or humanity.
11. Gauche was pretty much only there for his sister but Asta helped him grow as a man etc.
12. Gordon abandoned his family but returned to try to save Asta only to find he was wrong to leave etc.
13. VAnessa going from a drunken lush to a person who is least a functional alcoholic.
14. Klaus helped change his view of people thanks to Asta being a worthless commoner.
15. Fanzel decided to carry on to find Code when he was ready to just let himself die or become captured.
16. Henry was able to find meaning along with a friend in Asta even ready to give his own life to safe his friends.
17. Yami became a better person surpassing his limits while finally doing what he wanted for Julius with his squad.
18. Sally she found Asta's body all that was needed to turn her.
19. Mimosa became stronger to fight by ASta's side etc...
20. Kirsh getting beat by Asta helped him be less negative towards commoners etc.
21. Finral went from being a loser who gave up on himself trying to hit on any woman he could to engaged etc :).
22. Grey helped become more useful instead of fearful thanks to ASta.
23. Nash or whatever his name went form thinking he would be worthless to having hope of becoming Magic Knight etc.
24. Magna went from just a scrub to a higher ranked scrub trying hard to improve himself and magic.

You get the idea I have a few things to do. In general people who were worthless or lacking are touched by Belial. I don't think Astaroth would fit, I think that is Christian anyways. It isn't that easy to explain but if start to think about it relating everything it seems rather clear to me. I could probably list 48 or more examples of people or names if I had more time to think it over haha. I tried to least touch on key important moments or people... YOu got Patri, RAdus, who I think would fit that in many ways as well just to give an idea :).
I think you might be right especially with the 24 points you have made. I don't know if you are watching Anime Balls Deep (I recommend his videos to you), but he predicted that Asta's Devil is actually Astaroth, one of the Great Dukes of Hell on the same level as Lucifer and Beelzebub (here a link). Astaroth wants some kind of revenge against the other devils. He is definitely linked to the qliphoth which Dante recently introduced to us. Also, the Worthless (Belial) concept you mention has link in this story (Anti-Magic low = tier in demon world = worthless). What do you think about that?

Daoloth

Reaction score
Country
Tartaros
I think you might be right especially with the 24 points you have made. I don't know if you are watching Anime Balls Deep (I recommend his videos to you), but he predicted that Asta's Devil is actually Astaroth, one of the Great Dukes of Hell on the same level as Lucifer and Beelzebub (here a link). Astaroth wants some kind of revenge against the other devils. He is definitely linked to the qliphoth which Dante recently introduced to us. Also, the Worthless (Belial) concept you mention has link in this story (Anti-Magic low = tier in demon world = worthless). What do you think about that?
Yes though they didn't mention the Belial theory so I wanted to :). I noticed for a long time many channels have covered it relating him to ASTAroth which seems a bit too easy/blatant... I am not sure I conveyed it well but the concept of worthlessness is pretty deep in BC...

Secre because of her magic only able to open/close things was seen as worthless becoming a slave to a Royal Prince. I equate her to Asta's Devil having the Anti Magic which they call sub or low if not worthless from view of Devils. Noelle blaming herself for mother's death along with unable to control magic. Whether its the type of magic they had or the station they held in life. Even people like Red Scarlett were seen as worthless since many thought she was the mother of those children not the sister. IF anything Asta goes out of his way for those who would be seen as worthless... Even to help the church to be an orphan abandoned at birth. They wanted him to go with them to capital so were ready to let those worthless people die to the elves. Even the Elves everybody they harmed or killed were basically innocent of the crimes against them.

I know at one point I was friend's with Quancredible on FB but not logged on there in a long time. I was in a bunch of BC groups they gave me something saying I was the top fan. I try to watch many people relating to BC, I think Neromagaman757 or whatever has come a long way from his early videos to the ones he does now. ONe of my favorites was this Josuke dude who was friend's with Quan but they deleted him for copywrite strike like many others I used to watch. Broku No Hero, should read Berserk if he is going to cover BC but I watch him, I used to watch his DBZ channel Broku72. I watch Rax The Hero, Anime Uproar, Demon Spade or Fang Strizer. I try to get vibe of what they think about chapters or reviews even spoilers. I've thought about doing my own thing related to that but not good at editing or anything :).

I know that Crowley thing related to the tree about Belial being one of the 3 before Samael. The other two names are hard to spell or remember so I don't think they will get used. I know in Dante's Inferno something about wings flapping causing more ice to form. I think the devil is like trapped in that sorta like how BC has that thing Dante was talking to. I don't think what I know of AStaroth fits the story other then people just seeing the name relating to Asta. That wouldn't explain this concept I noticed with the worthlessness. I don't know enough about flowers to understand the flowers colors or types meanings yet. I do think there is something there relating to that which will be known eventually.

BTW Asta itself could have other meanings that can relate to the story just looking it up in a dictionary... It might also have to do with "The Battle of Pollentia" which relates to Romans/Visgoths/etc. They already got Nero which is a link to Romans. I think Astaroth would be more likely aligned with Dark Triad or name of Zenon's Devil if anything. I don't see anything about holding a serpent or taking advantage of those who are lazy relating to Asta anyways :).

Last edited:

DaGreatNoodles

Reaction score
Country
France
Yes though they didn't mention the Belial theory so I wanted to :). I noticed for a long time many channels have covered it relating him to ASTAroth which seems a bit too easy/blatant... I am not sure I conveyed it well but the concept of worthlessness is pretty deep in BC...

Secre because of her magic only able to open/close things was seen as worthless becoming a slave to a Royal Prince. I equate her to Asta's Devil having the Anti Magic which they call sub or low if not worthless from view of Devils. Noelle blaming herself for mother's death along with unable to control magic. Whether its the type of magic they had or the station they held in life. Even people like Red Scarlett were seen as worthless since many thought she was the mother of those children not the sister. IF anything Asta goes out of his way for those who would be seen as worthless... Even to help the church to be an orphan abandoned at birth. They wanted him to go with them to capital so were ready to let those worthless people die to the elves. Even the Elves everybody they harmed or killed were basically innocent of the crimes against them.

I know at one point I was friend's with Quancredible on FB but not logged on there in a long time. I was in a bunch of BC groups they gave me something saying I was the top fan. I try to watch many people relating to BC, I think Neromagaman757 or whatever has come a long way from his early videos to the ones he does now. ONe of my favorites was this Josuke dude who was friend's with Quan but they deleted him for copywrite strike like many others I used to watch. Broku No Hero, should read Berserk if he is going to cover BC but I watch him, I used to watch his DBZ channel Broku72. I watch Rax The Hero, Anime Uproar, Demon Spade or Fang Strizer. I try to get vibe of what they think about chapters or reviews even spoilers. I've thought about doing my own thing related to that but not good at editing or anything :).

I know that Crowley thing related to the tree about Belial being one of the 3 before Samael. The other two names are hard to spell or remember so I don't think they will get used. I know in Dante's Inferno something about wings flapping causing more ice to form. I think the devil is like trapped in that sorta like how BC has that thing Dante was talking to. I don't think what I know of AStaroth fits the story other then people just seeing the name relating to Asta. That wouldn't explain this concept I noticed with the worthlessness. I don't know enough about flowers to understand the flowers colors or types meanings yet. I do think there is something there relating to that which will be known eventually.

BTW Asta itself could have other meanings that can relate to the story just looking it up in a dictionary... It might also have to do with "The Battle of Pollentia" which relates to Romans/Visgoths/etc. They already got Nero which is a link to Romans. I think Astaroth would be more likely aligned with Dark Triad or name of Zenon's Devil if anything. I don't see anything about holding a serpent or taking advantage of those who are lazy relating to Asta anyways :).
I know I'm moving from one subject to another, but I have two questions: How come Lucifer doesn't know Belial (one famous demon) when Dante asks him if he knows Asta's Devil? Lucifer only mentions Zagred. That's Chapter 243.
Or maybe Asta's Devil is a descendant of Belial?
The answer might be easy to find: for plot reason.

I think simplicity might be the best bet. Tabata sensei gave name to characters for their physical appearance like Klaus Lunettes (Lunettes = Glasses in French) or even Noelle Silva (color of her hair is silver). Nero is, of course, from the Roman Emperor Nero but also, like Luck said, from the color Black (in Italian). As for Astaroth, he is the male figure of Ishtar (Mesopotamian Goddess of Love and War). She might appear in BC, but that's very unlikely. I also checked on the internet and found out that apparently Asta is a mainly girl's name (Nordic Culture).

Last edited:

Daoloth

Reaction score
Country
Tartaros
I know I'm moving from one subject to another, but I have two questions: How come Lucifer doesn't know Belial (one famous demon) when Dante asks him if he knows Asta's Devil? Lucifer only mentions Zagred. That's Chapter 243.
Or maybe Asta's Devil is a descendant of Belial?
The answer might be easy to find: for plot reason.

I think simplicity might be the best bet. Tabata sensei gave name to characters for their physical appearance like Klaus Lunettes (Lunettes = Glasses in French) or even Noelle Silva (color of her hair is silver). Nero is, of course, from the Roman Emperor Nero but also, like Luck said, from the color Black (in Italian). As for Astaroth, he is the male figure of Ishtar (Mesopotamian Goddess of Love and War). She might appear in BC, but that's very unlikely. I also checked on the internet and found out that apparently Asta is a mainly girl's name (Nordic Culture).
Lucifer probably lied to Dante about knowing who Belial was would be my most likely answer to that question. Its possible he didn't remember Belial or thought they killed him off already depending on what they fill the story as. If it was a sub it would be seen as worthless kinda like how there is no record of Secre Swallowtail in the Clover Kingdom. I think they got a DAvid Swallow.

Here is where it gets interesting relating to Megicula or Vanica could be based on Astaroth. Since Ishtar (female) is the Babylonian version while Inanna is the Sumerian (female) version if understand things properly. I know when I used Tezcatlipoca as my human assassin name on Duris this DIKU a lot of guys would ask me if I was a hottie ;). IN general anything that ends w/ A is seen as female while o is masculine. Italian they are trying to ruin by getting rid of genders but the language is very complex if ever try to learn it or write it. YOu have to know what form to use for things which gets really confusing to say the least.

If anything I think somebody like Rhya would be a representation of Astaroth from him being lazy etc. I don't think I see anything about riding a dragon or other aspects to equate it to Asta. Early on I had looked up what Yuno or Asta could mean in every language, I found some interesting stuff I probably posted at time but mostly forgot ;). People have thought Asta was Astaroth from like the first time seeing his name so I think that would be too easy. Like many thought Nero was the 1st magic emperor from the origins of that word. If you look into that battle I mentioned it might find some stuff relating to Black Clover depending. That would fit since even Damnatio I think is a reference to Italian history or Roman related stuff... I see lots in the series remind me of like Byzantine empire or however spell it even how they dress.

I know its random but I think the Silva's have elven blood. Just looking in Anime around episode 9- something they show an Elf woman who looks a lot like Noelle's mom or like it could be an ancestor. I think in the flashback when they have Sis Leo talking to Noelle's mom in bed her ears seem pretty elven. I don't see why they would be called as having tainted blood if they were not mixed somewhere. I figure Elves would have mated with 1st Wizard King if his sister was to marry Licht even if they are flings. Maybe even the Vermillion family has it since NOelle's mom is the sister of Mimosa's. That might help explain why none of them were taken over or even as far as can see a Clover. The original name was Silvamillion Clover which I guess split into 3. YUno turning makes me think they were a large nation that split after they stole the magic eventually. I always get a kick out of Sol Morron or whatever since Sol translates as I think Brown... So its like Brown Moron which fits how she seems to act ;). She is just based on Casca from Berserk, Nozel I think is based on Griffith or whatever his name. Yami is the black swordsman so that is like Guts even if Asta uses that big sword like he does.

I think Megicula could equate to Astaroth especially given the claims its based on females. WE still don't have a name for Zenon's devil, also if they open the gates it would be interesting to see how or who comes from that. Its unclear if they have types of devils like a chain devil for example or just named Devils with powers like Lucifer etc. For example from top to bottom in Devils there are Pit Fiend, Cornugon, Aminzu, Hamatala, Osyluth, Erinyes, Barbazu, Gelugon, Spinagon, Lemure, Nupperibo, Abishai red/green/black. Besides those names they are called like Bone devil etc. IF they have all these types of devils then Lucifer might really not know Belial. Famous to us isn't really going to translate to the devils world the same way :). Its like if somebody is a pop star in Japan they might be totally unknown in the USA. I remember this guy Shratz was a pop star, he had a brother, they were really famous I think in their country of origin. I'd have to ask but I would guess they were like K-Pop if it was Korea or something else if Japan. Comparing powers I could see why they wouldn't know or think anything of Belial even if they knew who he was. OR he showed his powers only to get treated like Grey by her wicked step sisters :). Zagred probably was part of their plan or alliance, maybe even though it looks like he failed he did something they needed. Witch Queen I bet would know answers to things or even Undine.

DaGreatNoodles

Reaction score
Country
France
Lucifer probably lied to Dante about knowing who Belial was would be my most likely answer to that question. Its possible he didn't remember Belial or thought they killed him off already depending on what they fill the story as. If it was a sub it would be seen as worthless kinda like how there is no record of Secre Swallowtail in the Clover Kingdom. I think they got a DAvid Swallow.

Here is where it gets interesting relating to Megicula or Vanica could be based on Astaroth. Since Ishtar (female) is the Babylonian version while Inanna is the Sumerian (female) version if understand things properly. I know when I used Tezcatlipoca as my human assassin name on Duris this DIKU a lot of guys would ask me if I was a hottie ;). IN general anything that ends w/ A is seen as female while o is masculine. Italian they are trying to ruin by getting rid of genders but the language is very complex if ever try to learn it or write it. YOu have to know what form to use for things which gets really confusing to say the least.

If anything I think somebody like Rhya would be a representation of Astaroth from him being lazy etc. I don't think I see anything about riding a dragon or other aspects to equate it to Asta. Early on I had looked up what Yuno or Asta could mean in every language, I found some interesting stuff I probably posted at time but mostly forgot ;). People have thought Asta was Astaroth from like the first time seeing his name so I think that would be too easy. Like many thought Nero was the 1st magic emperor from the origins of that word. If you look into that battle I mentioned it might find some stuff relating to Black Clover depending. That would fit since even Damnatio I think is a reference to Italian history or Roman related stuff... I see lots in the series remind me of like Byzantine empire or however spell it even how they dress.

I know its random but I think the Silva's have elven blood. Just looking in Anime around episode 9- something they show an Elf woman who looks a lot like Noelle's mom or like it could be an ancestor. I think in the flashback when they have Sis Leo talking to Noelle's mom in bed her ears seem pretty elven. I don't see why they would be called as having tainted blood if they were not mixed somewhere. I figure Elves would have mated with 1st Wizard King if his sister was to marry Licht even if they are flings. Maybe even the Vermillion family has it since NOelle's mom is the sister of Mimosa's. That might help explain why none of them were taken over or even as far as can see a Clover. The original name was Silvamillion Clover which I guess split into 3. YUno turning makes me think they were a large nation that split after they stole the magic eventually. I always get a kick out of Sol Morron or whatever since Sol translates as I think Brown... So its like Brown Moron which fits how she seems to act ;). She is just based on Casca from Berserk, Nozel I think is based on Griffith or whatever his name. Yami is the black swordsman so that is like Guts even if Asta uses that big sword like he does.

I think Megicula could equate to Astaroth especially given the claims its based on females. WE still don't have a name for Zenon's devil, also if they open the gates it would be interesting to see how or who comes from that. Its unclear if they have types of devils like a chain devil for example or just named Devils with powers like Lucifer etc. For example from top to bottom in Devils there are Pit Fiend, Cornugon, Aminzu, Hamatala, Osyluth, Erinyes, Barbazu, Gelugon, Spinagon, Lemure, Nupperibo, Abishai red/green/black. Besides those names they are called like Bone devil etc. IF they have all these types of devils then Lucifer might really not know Belial. Famous to us isn't really going to translate to the devils world the same way :). Its like if somebody is a pop star in Japan they might be totally unknown in the USA. I remember this guy Shratz was a pop star, he had a brother, they were really famous I think in their country of origin. I'd have to ask but I would guess they were like K-Pop if it was Korea or something else if Japan. Comparing powers I could see why they wouldn't know or think anything of Belial even if they knew who he was. OR he showed his powers only to get treated like Grey by her wicked step sisters :). Zagred probably was part of their plan or alliance, maybe even though it looks like he failed he did something they needed. Witch Queen I bet would know answers to things or even Undine.

Sorry, I totally forgot that Lucifer could lie about Asta's Devil/Belial and, you're right that doesn't mean that he could be famous in the demon world, my bad. Lucifer maybe wants to manipulate Dante for his grand plan (still unknown today). I think it's a mutual manipulation (this expression doesn't exist, right ???): Dante is using Lucifer's Gravity magic in order to free the devils on the world for malice and Lucifer, well I don't know for him yet. Could be that he is waiting for his big return. I mean, who would trust completely a demon or a devil?

Now that you mention, the link between Silva family and the elves is interesting. They both have light color hair and an enormous quantity of mana, but that doesn't mean that they directly linked. If I remember correctly, 500 years before Black Clover, the humans didn't have powerful magic, well except for Lumiere. When they killed and stole the elves' magic, the nobles maybe got part of the Elves' DNA (I don't know exactly if that's the case). That also explains why the Golden Dawn was the most affected by the reincarnation, since there is a lot of nobles. Then again, no Silva or Vermillion were affected by the reincarnation. That might be a stupid theory of mine, but what do you think?

Last edited:

Daoloth

Reaction score
Country
Tartaros
Sorry, I totally forgot that Lucifer could lie about Asta's Devil/Belial and, you're right that doesn't mean that he could be famous in the demon world, my bad. Lucifer maybe wants to manipulate Dante for his grand plan (still unknown today). I think it's a mutual manipulation (this expression doesn't exist, right ???): Dante is using Lucifer's Gravity magic in order to free the devils on the world for malice and Lucifer, well I don't know for him yet. Could be that he is waiting for his big return. I mean, who would trust completely a demon or a devil?

Now that you mention, the link between Silva family and the elves is interesting. They both have light color hair and an enormous quantity of mana, but that doesn't mean that they directly linked. If I remember correctly, 500 years before Black Clover, the humans didn't have powerful magic, well except for Lumiere. When they killed and stole the elves' magic, the nobles maybe got part of the Elves' DNA (I don't know exactly if that's the case). That also explains why the Golden Dawn was the most affected by the reincarnation, since there is a lot of nobles. Then again, no Silva or Vermillion were affected by the reincarnation. That might be a stupid theory of mine, but what do you think?
I'm almost certain DAnte along with DArk Triad will get shafted in some manner if they complete their plan. You had all the members wearing the Eye Keys die when the Elves Rez'd... Then Sally came back to live along with the others thanks to RAdus using his new spell or whatever. Pretty sure the Devils are using the dark triad... I think they want to flood the world with DEvils more than destroy it totally as odd as that might sound though. It gets confusing since the Japanese word can mean Devil/Demon, could also look into "Mara" who maybe was represented by the Demon King. Thus far I stuck to just the Devils, if look up DEmons, Luck fighting guy reminds me of a Nalfeshnee who is big fat body with small wings. Devils are more lawful where have to promote starting from like a larvae or Lemure/Nupperibo probably taking centuries if ever to finally become a Pit Fiend to gain any power like Baron, Duke, ArchDuke.

I can't remember the exact episode of if they write it in Manga... Yet they claim the royals or Silva/Vermillion are of the "tainted blood line"... Why would an elf be calling them of the tainted blood line if they didn't have Elven blood... Also Elves were friendly enough with humans to have the pact where they had the Shadow Palace that was only able to be opened by the 10 or 11 Sephiror however spell it. Why would they have the way to that place in Clover castle if they didn't get along at some point perhaps prior to that massacre. Even ASta has Elven like hair where he could be Noelle's bastard brother but its a bit more grey. Just all the Silvas features, very Elvish, how that became is a bit of a guess. I don't think anybody in kingdom would know what an Elf looked like to notice them standing out as Elves. They basically look exactly like the elves minus the ears as the only real difference. Its possible not all the elves died, maybe that flashback of them in Heart Kingdom the ones Luck saved were elven? To my understanding only those that stole the mana/magic of the elves were able to be taken over by them. Finral's half brother has a different mother so his father must have been fine, otherwise he would have turned like Langris. I would think only those guilty of the crimes against the Elves were able to be taken over by that spell. Which means everybody they harmed was innocent of the crime they accused them of fitting in what Devils would do. YOu take decent people making them do vile things harming those who were totally innocent. Also they said how the souls would be stuck in the Underworld. Maybe somebody from back then or something else eventually got enough power to end up in Asta's book.

If he used types of devils that would make it easier to explain some powers... Like besides the proper names I listed, many of those same Devils have simple names... Ice Devil, Bearded, Bone, Barbed, Styx/Stygian, Horned, Spinned.. S that could be used for their magical attributes... Demons are a lot more chaotic so would be harder to figure out from top to bottom. Daemons often are seen as manipulating Demons/Devils among others. There also these 3 Demondands who maybe one of them looks like guy Luck is fighting.

Demons are a bit more varied/complex even those who might rule a layer... Devils usually in the 9 Hells while Demonds depicted in the 666 layers of Abyss. Balor is often seen to equate to Pit Fiend but its a bit different... They were first explained as having like Type 1 to 6 in Roman Numerals, eventually they gave them names. Molydeus is like the one who is supposed to keep them in the blood war even if its pretty powerful. Marilith is like the naked snake woman who has 6 arms, they used the same design with a different name too. Then there is a really mammoth Garismo or so, kind of like a Giant Minotaur but I think they can be a lord of a layer. Youchlol is usually linked to Drow or their Spider Goddess Lloth, her handmaidens. Nalfeshnee kinda looks like a bit fat demon with little wings like guy Luck is fighting now. Glabrezu sorta like an Egyptian dog headed type if recall. Nabassu is more like the classic demon with wings almost like a gargoyle. Succubus is pretty well known often associated with devils too but a hot looking being kinda like Secre with Wings. Secre looks a bit like a Tiefling or some Hordling or something akin to that a bit. Bulezau sorta like an anemic Minotaur, Armanite is a bit like an armored Centaur type creature. Rutterkin sorta like a naked mummy or Gollum on Steroids, Dretch or Manes are like the lowest where people tend to start who are evil in life.

So Lucifer might be telling the truth if they have Devil/Demon types since they would have so many only the few at the top if that would be known. I'm sure he would lie since there is no reason to tell the truth. Whats he going to tell Dante that this is some Devil he thought he killed 500 years ago but escaped without them able to stop him? He will look weak if he admits to knowing anything about Asta's devil or even if he did wouldn't see him as enough of a threat to mention. Secre seems totally omitted from history or having any credit for what 1st Wizard King caused much like many blame William who got credit by those watching for saving the Kingdom :). We know at time Tetia was pregnant with kids, did she have kids with Licht before they got married... Most would say no, its possible somebody who isn't even named hooked up with them or helped them escape. Charmy has herself being half dwarf, she didn't even know it. Maybe the Elves keep themselves hidden along with Dwarves, could be recessive genetics to dominant. Like Noelle's father must have had traits that linked up w/ the elven blood better than who Mimosa's mom married. Red hair must be a dominant trait if all the Vermillions in their family have it even Kirch/Mimosa who are cousins of Big/Sis/Lil Leo. I'm sure unless Damnatio was taken over by an Elf that nobody in family from 1st prince lineage was guilty of stealing the magic then. Elves had a hatred for them especially probably from that malice or whatever part of the spell. Why would the Devils want them dead so badly if they had manipulated them to betray the Elves 500+ years ago. I would wager the anger is because they were not able to corrupt them into evil. Licht was immune to light magic? Zagred said if he took his body he would be immune to Light Magic... Is that why Licht didn't die when they used Light magic to kill the elves etc? Why would somebody with sword magic be immune, maybe its getting into him being an angel or something like that. Devils have to corrupt those touched by divine to really gain power or take over this world. Zagred I think would have been vastly more powerful if he got out of the shadow palace. I don't think they had to defeat him at full power, it seems if the Devil can really get into the physical world they will have Insane Power or actually be OP as people say :).

DaGreatNoodles

Reaction score
Country
France
Damn, I don't know what to say, but you have done your research. Your demon lore is really on point, especially with the Dungeon and Dragon references.
Anyway, I have done some research for the demon Mara and found out that it referred (or meant, not sure though) to the male genitalia in Japanese (Look for popular culture). That's why in Shin Megami Tensei games, Mara is a big phallus. And Devil in Japanese is akuma or 悪魔 in kanji. Zagred might have been ordered centuries ago by Lucifer to conquer the world or at least have a physical body. Or he was an independent devil. The second reason might be more accurate.

As for the elves, they got some kind of 6th sense to know who are the reincarnations. For example, after the Patri vs Yami fight, Patri recognized Gauche and said that he cannot risk to harm him. I know that Gauche is the elf counterpart of Droit. Maybe I'm getting off-topic (this thread is not about the elves), but how did Patri knew that Gauche was Droit ? I think that question might have been answered somewhere and I'm probably wasting my time with it.

Daoloth

Reaction score
Country
Tartaros
Damn, I don't know what to say, but you have done your research. Your demon lore is really on point, especially with the Dungeon and Dragon references.
Anyway, I have done some research for the demon Mara and found out that it referred (or meant, not sure though) to the male genitalia in Japanese (Look for popular culture). That's why in Shin Megami Tensei games, Mara is a big phallus. And Devil in Japanese is akuma or 悪魔 in kanji. Zagred might have been ordered centuries ago by Lucifer to conquer the world or at least have a physical body. Or he was an independent devil. The second reason might be more accurate.

As for the elves, they got some kind of 6th sense to know who are the reincarnations. For example, after the Patri vs Yami fight, Patri recognized Gauche and said that he cannot risk to harm him. I know that Gauche is the elf counterpart of Droit. Maybe I'm getting off-topic (this thread is not about the elves), but how did Patri knew that Gauche was Droit ? I think that question might have been answered somewhere and I'm probably wasting my time with it.
Thanks I have a dream of running my own DIKU MUD but need some coders to help that happen :). So I thought it would be cool to have a way to become Devils... I had to learn a lot to adapt them, while not allowing them to run rampant on the prime material plane from a game design point of view. Demons are a lot harder since they are more chaotic. I left out Vrock along with Hezrou among others, those two I made them unable to advance to higher forms but they can gain more shrug % at higher levels... I knew this guy Zileas back from MUD Basternae/Duris who looked at my first zone Smokeveil putting it in against my wishes making some stupid changes. He would go on to create something called League of Legends some sorta micro purchasing game and franchise ;). Vrock is kinda cool looking since its got a vulture head, chastne or whatever looked kinda dumb...

Megicula could also be a representation of Hecate if ever seen Jason and the Argonauts it was depicted kinda having that type of head. I wonder if Vanica has a dark eye like patri others... Elves have to be connected to Devils or Demons in some manner to have swords with those names. Licht essentially is the albino Elric who had a demon dwelling in his sword while Licht has the Demon Dweller sword. That makes me wonder if he was able to call upon a demon in that sword to become that demon king creature. Elves can sense mana, not sure about ki, they can tell the mana of somebody they know basically in general.

Lets explain the Elf thing better. William recruited a fair amt of the Elves, entire Golden Dawn except for Mimosa. All of them had a high amt of mana, Golden Dawn was the most prestige to join. In general anybody given the option including Yuno would join them. William saved a few people including that guy who held the grudge against Yuno, he tries to fight Zenon but gets owned but is alive not Shiren. I think they both had magic sorta like each other so it can get confusing. William I'm not sure was tipped off to gain those members or anything by having Patri within him 100%. Elves have higher mana amts compared to humans except perhaps a few royals like Clover, Vermillion, and Silva. They were lazy never working or trying to improve except for a few perhaps like Klaus and Yuno. The weaker elves would end up in lower squads, while the strongest tainted blood would be Captains like Dorothy, Charlotte, Kaisser, and Rill unless I forgot somebody.

Patri reincarnated to look exactly like Licht so any elf would know him pretty easy. I remember him seeing like white floating things when he got his body before going to the place to get his spellbook. I'm not sure if he can see those white lights within anybody. Basically the elves look exactly like they did back when he was alive including their hair style w/ similiar magic if not the exact same. One went from like sketching to painting magic, probably he could sense their mana within them too. Gauche's elf sister is probably the most powerful character in the series given her age. If she fought Dante with Gauche in the elf form it would have been a short fight ;). Fana, Vetto, Rhya were all found like near death so he sorta put their souls in there to save them probably using forbidden magic to heal if needed. We only really know about 2/3 of them, Fana was tossed aside after not having enough value to Diamond even after she came back from dead basically. Vetto was somebody who loved animals but I guess they killed for some reason. My guess is the humans souls would end up in the Underworld as to why they wanted to bring the elves back. I guess Elves when they die end up in a better place to want to return there like Licht did willingly. Droit looked exactly like Gauche including that style he wore his hair. Ronne, or Lonne is the only elf I can't find out who he was or what squad he came from if any. Hence I always thought he was the traitor, why could Baval or him be taken over by Zagred if they were not guilty of something.

If check out the flashbacks showing Elves they are basically exactly like the humans they took over. If went to school but not seen somebody in years might take a while but would still recognize them. Mirror Magic might have been the same exact he had back then which was probably a tip off since its seems a bit on rare side. He has that weird thing having his hair over the eye, though the elf didn't have the magic artifact in it. I don't remember if he knew who Charlotte was for example.

Asta seemed to know something about Devil Zagred even though he didn't know about devils too. Elf Rill who I think was Lira was able to tell Charmy had Dwarf mana when she awoke. So the elves seemed to know about dwarves, in some mythos they are like against each other since once was created before another or wanted to be the favored children. I wouldn't be surprised to see some sorta elf hybrid be within a Silva or Vermillion for example. Its not clear if every elf would have died back then. I think Little Leo will get some sorta lion fire spirit unless they just hint at that in manga and anime... Like its some sorta new move not an actual spirit type of thing like Charmy has who talks or his bro has Salamander. Yami could only sense like Malice when it came to Zagred or something like that. Anime is going on break after this episode so will be choppy getting any info for a while even from manga.

DaGreatNoodles

Reaction score
Country
France
Vanica's right eye probably has some sort of mark (Weg?) like Dante and Zeno on their face. As for the elves, I think when Patri first awakened inside William's body, Patri could sense the elves' souls roaming in the city (Chapter 148). Like you said, I also think that Patri recognized the reincarnation vessels by their similar appearances and magic attributes. For example, the old Rhya had copy magic just like the current one.
And finally... What? the Anime is going on break after this episode? Well that sucks...

Daoloth

Reaction score
Country
Tartaros
Vanica's right eye probably has some sort of mark (Weg?) like Dante and Zeno on their face. As for the elves, I think when Patri first awakened inside William's body, Patri could sense the elves' souls roaming in the city (Chapter 148). Like you said, I also think that Patri recognized the reincarnation vessels by their similar appearances and magic attributes. For example, the old Rhya had copy magic just like the current one.
And finally... What? the Anime is going on break after this episode? Well that sucks...
I totally forgot to mention that William was having the dreams of the elves. So except for Yuno he would have probably known what many of them looked like even if he didn't know their names. Also that Rhya who he took over is totally unknown, its likely that guy ended up in the Underworld for his soul was lost. Vetto who he was in the first time was probably sent to there as well since he died? If remember Radus would wear that patch over his eye, well he had a dark eye just like Patri. That is why I was thinking she would have an eye like him from using forbidden magic or like Patri after he came back from being a dark elf. I also though of it as a pirate thing, they would wear the eyepatch so when they went below decks they could see in the dark better by switching it to the other eye etc. Maybe she has some sorta darkness that happens if she uses devil or the eye was lost using evil eye to curse Loro if she actually ever had a battle against her as the host. In the Anime they didn't change the color except when Rhya full was reincarnated, by then Fana along with Vetto were in the new bodies so their hair was probably already that color. In manga I think they all got the white hair, what is that sign off from anyways?

Yeah I'm pretty upset about manga not giving 2 issues this week since they didn't do anything last time. Then its going to be break here and there. I guess its nice to have a Berserk chapter. Not like I'll ever live to see that series conclude hehehe. I might manage to make it to see Black Clover pass it in issues if it could keep weekly up. Problem is BC are like 15 pages if lucky so going on break in anime/manga is a big gap. Only good thing is everything is going on break so it might actually return. Usually if an Anime stops it can take years to get it to continue or go again. Attack on Titan isn't giving an issue this month either which sucks since its monthly. So whatever issue just came out isn't going to have another one for an extra month basically however it is worded right. I figured something coming out once a month would be consistent.

Devils needed to get rid of the Elves, I think if the Elves won after reincarnation they would have been tough to defeat. Problem is they might not have been able to destroy him since even that spell Licht did wasn't enough. It would be cool if they ever show origins of how the swords got their names. They must have been used to slay demons to have names like that basically. Were they passed down to the leader of each elf tribe for generations even before Licht used them? They do seem impossible to destroy or damage, yet are actually physical objects since they were found outside of the books too. How did they end up in a few different places in the first place I wonder. Least if BC does well enough it has a lot of material for prequel type stuff if they ever wanted to do it.

I wonder if copy magic can obtain a new spell if it can't steal it or find in dungeon. Like I can't see how emotional reaction would allow Rhya to gain a "copy" spell you know what mean. Like how Noelle was able to get the new spell for Valkyrie or Vanessa the REd Threat of Fate. Even when he was wounded it wasn't like he suddenly got a new spell. Also how many spells can he copy or keep at a time, do they start to erode over time etc. Are they even real elements or illusions it seems to have some limits either way. I'm wondering who Rhya was that was taken over in this for him to keep that body too. I don't think they ever show any origin or hint even in an flashbacks like the others.

DaGreatNoodles

Reaction score
Country
France
I totally forgot to mention that William was having the dreams of the elves. So except for Yuno he would have probably known what many of them looked like even if he didn't know their names. Also that Rhya who he took over is totally unknown, its likely that guy ended up in the Underworld for his soul was lost. Vetto who he was in the first time was probably sent to there as well since he died? If remember Radus would wear that patch over his eye, well he had a dark eye just like Patri. That is why I was thinking she would have an eye like him from using forbidden magic or like Patri after he came back from being a dark elf. I also though of it as a pirate thing, they would wear the eyepatch so when they went below decks they could see in the dark better by switching it to the other eye etc. Maybe she has some sorta darkness that happens if she uses devil or the eye was lost using evil eye to curse Loro if she actually ever had a battle against her as the host. In the Anime they didn't change the color except when Rhya full was reincarnated, by then Fana along with Vetto were in the new bodies so their hair was probably already that color. In manga I think they all got the white hair, what is that sign off from anyways?

Yeah I'm pretty upset about manga not giving 2 issues this week since they didn't do anything last time. Then its going to be break here and there. I guess its nice to have a Berserk chapter. Not like I'll ever live to see that series conclude hehehe. I might manage to make it to see Black Clover pass it in issues if it could keep weekly up. Problem is BC are like 15 pages if lucky so going on break in anime/manga is a big gap. Only good thing is everything is going on break so it might actually return. Usually if an Anime stops it can take years to get it to continue or go again. Attack on Titan isn't giving an issue this month either which sucks since its monthly. So whatever issue just came out isn't going to have another one for an extra month basically however it is worded right. I figured something coming out once a month would be consistent.

Devils needed to get rid of the Elves, I think if the Elves won after reincarnation they would have been tough to defeat. Problem is they might not have been able to destroy him since even that spell Licht did wasn't enough. It would be cool if they ever show origins of how the swords got their names. They must have been used to slay demons to have names like that basically. Were they passed down to the leader of each elf tribe for generations even before Licht used them? They do seem impossible to destroy or damage, yet are actually physical objects since they were found outside of the books too. How did they end up in a few different places in the first place I wonder. Least if BC does well enough it has a lot of material for prequel type stuff if they ever wanted to do it.

I wonder if copy magic can obtain a new spell if it can't steal it or find in dungeon. Like I can't see how emotional reaction would allow Rhya to gain a "copy" spell you know what mean. Like how Noelle was able to get the new spell for Valkyrie or Vanessa the REd Threat of Fate. Even when he was wounded it wasn't like he suddenly got a new spell. Also how many spells can he copy or keep at a time, do they start to erode over time etc. Are they even real elements or illusions it seems to have some limits either way. I'm wondering who Rhya was that was taken over in this for him to keep that body too. I don't think they ever show any origin or hint even in an flashbacks like the others.
I totally forgot about the upcoming Berserk chapter. When is it coming?​
Rhya mentionned that he needs to touch the person's grimoire to gain his magic ability. For example, Rhya touched Yami for Dark Magic. However there seems to be limits to copy magic, like when he copied Asta's magic, but the anti-magic can't to be copied. Only the physical sword was able to be copied. Meo just broke the sword in half... What a beast... I think that's because Anti-Magic is not from the human's world. Can Rhya copy Lucifer's magic (Gravity)? The quantity of magic ability contained inside his grimoire must be infinite. When he fought Meo, he used like 5 different magic abilities.​
I think the swords used by Licht were made by his magic. Asta's swords seemed to be forged... I suspect the Dwarfs are involved in this...​
As for the initial question : Belial is Asta's Devil ? I think we need to wait the future chapters in order to confirm your theory. There is too much mystery about Asta's Devil...​

Daoloth

Reaction score
Country
Tartaros
I totally forgot about the upcoming Berserk chapter. When is it coming?​
Rhya mentionned that he needs to touch the person's grimoire to gain his magic ability. For example, Rhya touched Yami for Dark Magic. However there seems to be limits to copy magic, like when he copied Asta's magic, but the anti-magic can't to be copied. Only the physical sword was able to be copied. Meo just broke the sword in half... What a beast... I think that's because Anti-Magic is not from the human's world. Can Rhya copy Lucifer's magic (Gravity)? The quantity of magic ability contained inside his grimoire must be infinite. When he fought Meo, he used like 5 different magic abilities.​
I think the swords used by Licht were made by his magic. Asta's swords seemed to be forged... I suspect the Dwarfs are involved in this...​
As for the initial question : Belial is Asta's Devil ? I think we need to wait the future chapters in order to confirm your theory. There is too much mystery about Asta's Devil...​

Just to be clear Asta is using 3 of the same swords Licht used over 500 years ago. For some reason the anti magic corrupts them or they appear as really black or rusted when he uses them compared to Licht when they are a bright light. The first sword was already in the book, the 2nd one I think he got when Nero helped him find it sticking in ground vs. Mars?? The final sword was being used by Licht which was totally white when he was using it... Then he switched swords with Asta which turned his sword white when Licht used it. All the elves were mad at ASta since they saw the swords knowing their names Demon Destroyer, Slayer, Dweller, then one I think they called Annihilater... Each one has its own powers, anti-magic can conduct or channel into body or to be used like that black divider or weird whip. They are physical objects but they can go into the spellbook, people can actually try to lift them. Licht I don't see him do any magic at all except the swords... maybe he has a divine energy or something, positive energy, all his spells rely on others. Whether using them like that one he did to try to kill Zagred or to catch/throw back type stuff etc. Rhya could make himself look like Asta including his book so there must be illusion aspects since his sword was something even he knew wouldn't work but still tried. Zagred was able to summon physical blades with magical when he did Storm of Blades. I would guess the Dwarves forged those swords even before Licht had them or something he created its unclear.

Berserk 360 should be out now, I looked at the raw to see if anything happens. Its funny 1 spot in there looked exactly like Undine. You know there is a Berserk area on here? I usually check for Attack on Titan or Black Clover stuff but they have Berserk too. Basically its just witch related stuff this chapter so will have to read it when want to sleep later haha.

My guess is the ancient Elves were seen as gods, they made some deal with humans to seal up shadow palace just in case they got corrupted. IF they can turn into those dark elf things they must have came from darkness or they can be led there. Over time Elves became known more akin to angels, until turned into demons when they were turned on by the humans to seize control :). I will say I was never a big fan of Elves in general, BC has made me like them more than I did. I do have Darkside Cowboys this Drow or Dark Elf team in BloodBowl based on Dallas Cowboys. Otherwise I never really played any elves or bought stuff except some ElfQuest back in day :). Will be like a chapter every other week so will take a long time to find out name of Asta's Devil if ever ;).

DaGreatNoodles

Reaction score
Country
France
If people react well to this maybe I'll explain more things otherwise its just not worth the time or effort ;).
Oh yeah, now that it reminds, you said on the first message that you would explain more about Belial. So, what were you going to explain?

Last edited:

Daoloth

Reaction score
Country
Tartaros
Oh yeah, now that it reminds, you said on the first message that you would explain more about Belial. So, what were you going to explain?
I fell a bit behind trying to get this 200 CD player to work right. It only plays certain CDS, bought ones it refuses to play ones or anything burned. Supposedly its big with Audophiles. I'll get into a bit more why I don't think its Astaroth that would help. You never told me what your animated sign out thing is about? I just saw Foxen used it in a video so I must have heard of it.

This is from wikipedia to save me some time.

Gamchicoth
Gamchicoth: Devourers
"Chesed is the source of bounty both in idea and in substance to the lower forms. Gamchicoth is the order of 'Devourers' who seek to waste the substance and thought of creation. The outer form is the order of Azariel, 'The Binding Ones of God'."
Astaroth: from the Flood
To Gamchicoth, "Astaroth is attributed. This is the name of the goddess Astarte, the Ishtar of the Babylonians and perhaps also the Isis of the Egyptians".

Its confusing how he will adapt things since he had like Greek Zagreus who named Zagred already. Which even fit into filler episode where he is mentioned as hunting only to have the magical beasts hunting. It seems like Astaroth in some form should be a ruler of one of the parts of the tree. They even mention Black Clover on the wikipedia page now :). I could see Magicula being a representation of Astaroth as well which would fit the female side. Also people on that level are depicted as giants with like a cat of feline head. Mentions riding a dog, wolf, dragon, maybe the aspects that look like a dragon when Asta gets more energy people could equate to it.

I didn't think that many were interested. I noticed Asta has this breath thing that was almost exactly like Charmy when she turned into the Dwarf form. I'm not sure what that odd breath means or if they are related to each other in some manner. We don't know much about Charmy, I figured out an easy formula to convert people for idea of their magical stage. I thought of posting it since many seem confused or clueless relating to how it works or where people should be rated or ranked. My formula got Magna to be like a 5, rest of people all seemed rated where they should be. There a few other factors.

It might be a month before we even see Asta again way they got delays or other things. The last filler episode was pretty decent I'd give it like a 7/10 it reminds me of Lord of the Rings a bit w/ the spider too. I just think this concept of being worthless combined with the Without a Master really fits ASta. He seems to seek out those people as well. It would be nice to have a name, I'll see if I can find some other connections or remember my train of thought...

DaGreatNoodles

Reaction score
Country
France
I fell a bit behind trying to get this 200 CD player to work right. It only plays certain CDS, bought ones it refuses to play ones or anything burned. Supposedly its big with Audophiles. I'll get into a bit more why I don't think its Astaroth that would help. You never told me what your animated sign out thing is about? I just saw Foxen used it in a video so I must have heard of it.

This is from wikipedia to save me some time.

Gamchicoth
Gamchicoth: Devourers
"Chesed is the source of bounty both in idea and in substance to the lower forms. Gamchicoth is the order of 'Devourers' who seek to waste the substance and thought of creation. The outer form is the order of Azariel, 'The Binding Ones of God'."
Astaroth: from the Flood
To Gamchicoth, "Astaroth is attributed. This is the name of the goddess Astarte, the Ishtar of the Babylonians and perhaps also the Isis of the Egyptians".

Its confusing how he will adapt things since he had like Greek Zagreus who named Zagred already. Which even fit into filler episode where he is mentioned as hunting only to have the magical beasts hunting. It seems like Astaroth in some form should be a ruler of one of the parts of the tree. They even mention Black Clover on the wikipedia page now :). I could see Magicula being a representation of Astaroth as well which would fit the female side. Also people on that level are depicted as giants with like a cat of feline head. Mentions riding a dog, wolf, dragon, maybe the aspects that look like a dragon when Asta gets more energy people could equate to it.

I didn't think that many were interested. I noticed Asta has this breath thing that was almost exactly like Charmy when she turned into the Dwarf form. I'm not sure what that odd breath means or if they are related to each other in some manner. We don't know much about Charmy, I figured out an easy formula to convert people for idea of their magical stage. I thought of posting it since many seem confused or clueless relating to how it works or where people should be rated or ranked. My formula got Magna to be like a 5, rest of people all seemed rated where they should be. There a few other factors.

It might be a month before we even see Asta again way they got delays or other things. The last filler episode was pretty decent I'd give it like a 7/10 it reminds me of Lord of the Rings a bit w/ the spider too. I just think this concept of being worthless combined with the Without a Master really fits ASta. He seems to seek out those people as well. It would be nice to have a name, I'll see if I can find some other connections or remember my train of thought...
The animated signature is from the opening of Kaguya sama: love is War (First Season). I recommend this series if you're into Rom-com... or not....
In general, I think Tabata sensei's inspirations draw from Norse mythology, Celtic mythology and the Jewish beliefs...
A few days ago, when chapter 248 released, Luck used his first True Lightning Spell: Keranos. I checked on Internet and found out that Keranos is the god of storms in Magic: The Gathering (card game). Does Tabata will include references from card games?

About Asta's breathing, do you mean when he uses his black form? In the new opening, we see him breath while floating on air.
Oh yeah, the last episode was probably a Lord of the Rings' reference. Yultim = Doom and Spider = Shelob...

Last edited:

Daoloth

Reaction score
Country
Tartaros
The animated signature is from the opening of Kaguya sama: love is War (First Season). I recommend this series if you're into Rom-com... or not....
In general, I think Tabata sensei's inspirations draw from Norse mythology, Celtic mythology and the Jewish beliefs...
A few days ago, when chapter 248 released, Luck used his first True Lightning Spell: Keranos. I checked on Internet and found out that Keranos is the god of storms in Magic: The Gathering (card game). Does Tabata will include references from card games?

About Asta's breathing, do you mean when he uses his black form? In the new opening, we see him breath while floating on air.
Oh yeah, the last episode was probably a Lord of the Rings' reference. Yultim = Doom and Spider = Shelob...
Thanks I remember hearing people talking about it or mentions. I'm not the best with terms relating to genre, I know a few like Ecchi, Iseki, even if can't spell them. To me something like that I'd equate to HS or School related. I don't really watch or own anything like that for most part. Even something like My Hero Acadamia I see as School Anime cut with Slice of Life and Super Hero. I thought Food Wars Season 1 was pretty good, 2 was alright but the animation seemed to slip. That has them going to a cooking school so I guess that kinda counts. Sailor Moon I remember growing up but they seem to be really expensive or censored. I tend to only watch really low tech or high tech without any modern stuff except One Punch Man Season 1 which is basically a super hero comedy.

Just to give idea for Blu-Ray only own like Goblin Slayer, Black Clover, Gundum Iron Blooded Orphans season 1, Berserk 3 movies, Record of Lodoss Wars, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 1, Attack on Titan, Outlaw Star, One Punch Man Season 1, and Teen Titans if that counts. Maybe I left something out but its a pretty small collection to say the least :). I got more on VHS like 3X3 Eyes, 8 Man After Collection, Vampire Hunter D, and Akira. I thought of getting Go Lion but one of them wasn't translated or dubbed since it had like a shower seen with Princess or something? I can't seem to get the older Berserk which I hear has a lot of bootlegs etc.

Yeah I saw somebody mention something about that spell having an origin. I'm sure if Magic used it was taken from some mythos. I can't find my copy of the Kalevala or so... Which is a Finnish thing many equate to Christians taking for their religion. I forget if they removed it from the AD&D books like some other things which had the gods/deities later turned into like Legend and Lore. I never played any card games except for Pokemon, I could even beat my friends with a team rocket deck. They all quit the game, gave me their cards, got some from niece/nephew but not sure if any are the swastika ones since they are Japanese ones they gave me in folders with others. I have some nice cards I guess, I remember Magic had the 100K tourneys or so on ESPN. Exodus of Light the leader or some member when I was in that guild was supposed to be a top player I remember him talking about it. I never liked Wizards of the Coast, or what they did with D&D or AD&D after they obtained it :). I did watch Pokemon up until one of those Mew movies but that was only card anime or game I ever was into at all. I remember going to mall to buy cards to try to get certain ones it was kinda sad I guess looking back now ;).

I know when I looked up Elric it claimed it was influenced by some other Finnish myth. I read a few thing relating to Belial being a Pest which I remember them calling Asta... Also things relating to pestilence, pretty much many things can relate to Asta when they talk about in general. I notice Asta has like this misty breath like if in cold weather when in black form often. I saw Charmy do something akin to that when went into the wolf dwarf mode. I figure it must mean something but not sure what. Asta might have done it when not in black form but I'm not sure 100%.

That is pretty good that even knew the Spider's name :). I used to watch these GeekZone videos on Lord of The Rings which really helped me grasp it much better. I wonder what they will do relating to the dungeon part of the episode if it will be akin to something too. Yultim means doom, I'll have to use that for something now. I think that spider has a weakness to fire over fear from strong mana if Leo was able to hurt it. For a filler episode that looked like it was going to be a rehash of the hot springs it did well. Granted Gordon probably wouldn't be there or in the other episode. I'm pretty sure his family might be involved with Megicula from the curse of Charlotte to the death of Noelle's mother. I wonder how that will go down if she finds out, will she blame Gordon or his family in general. I try to avoid romance in general since I'm still upset Sweet Meat didn't end up with Soma or anybody in Food WArs ;). I thought of giving this weird elf show a try but I don't think it has a dub ;). I felt bad for Sheru who is probably my favorite drow, Lofter or whatever her name in IBO among others its better to avoid the pain for me. When Sally met Gordon is about all I can hold out hope for these days ;).

DaGreatNoodles

Reaction score
Country
France
Thanks I remember hearing people talking about it or mentions. I'm not the best with terms relating to genre, I know a few like Ecchi, Iseki, even if can't spell them. To me something like that I'd equate to HS or School related. I don't really watch or own anything like that for most part. Even something like My Hero Acadamia I see as School Anime cut with Slice of Life and Super Hero. I thought Food Wars Season 1 was pretty good, 2 was alright but the animation seemed to slip. That has them going to a cooking school so I guess that kinda counts. Sailor Moon I remember growing up but they seem to be really expensive or censored. I tend to only watch really low tech or high tech without any modern stuff except One Punch Man Season 1 which is basically a super hero comedy.

Just to give idea for Blu-Ray only own like Goblin Slayer, Black Clover, Gundum Iron Blooded Orphans season 1, Berserk 3 movies, Record of Lodoss Wars, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 1, Attack on Titan, Outlaw Star, One Punch Man Season 1, and Teen Titans if that counts. Maybe I left something out but its a pretty small collection to say the least :). I got more on VHS like 3X3 Eyes, 8 Man After Collection, Vampire Hunter D, and Akira. I thought of getting Go Lion but one of them wasn't translated or dubbed since it had like a shower seen with Princess or something? I can't seem to get the older Berserk which I hear has a lot of bootlegs etc.

Yeah I saw somebody mention something about that spell having an origin. I'm sure if Magic used it was taken from some mythos. I can't find my copy of the Kalevala or so... Which is a Finnish thing many equate to Christians taking for their religion. I forget if they removed it from the AD&D books like some other things which had the gods/deities later turned into like Legend and Lore. I never played any card games except for Pokemon, I could even beat my friends with a team rocket deck. They all quit the game, gave me their cards, got some from niece/nephew but not sure if any are the swastika ones since they are Japanese ones they gave me in folders with others. I have some nice cards I guess, I remember Magic had the 100K tourneys or so on ESPN. Exodus of Light the leader or some member when I was in that guild was supposed to be a top player I remember him talking about it. I never liked Wizards of the Coast, or what they did with D&D or AD&D after they obtained it :). I did watch Pokemon up until one of those Mew movies but that was only card anime or game I ever was into at all. I remember going to mall to buy cards to try to get certain ones it was kinda sad I guess looking back now ;).

I know when I looked up Elric it claimed it was influenced by some other Finnish myth. I read a few thing relating to Belial being a Pest which I remember them calling Asta... Also things relating to pestilence, pretty much many things can relate to Asta when they talk about in general. I notice Asta has like this misty breath like if in cold weather when in black form often. I saw Charmy do something akin to that when went into the wolf dwarf mode. I figure it must mean something but not sure what. Asta might have done it when not in black form but I'm not sure 100%.

That is pretty good that even knew the Spider's name :). I used to watch these GeekZone videos on Lord of The Rings which really helped me grasp it much better. I wonder what they will do relating to the dungeon part of the episode if it will be akin to something too. Yultim means doom, I'll have to use that for something now. I think that spider has a weakness to fire over fear from strong mana if Leo was able to hurt it. For a filler episode that looked like it was going to be a rehash of the hot springs it did well. Granted Gordon probably wouldn't be there or in the other episode. I'm pretty sure his family might be involved with Megicula from the curse of Charlotte to the death of Noelle's mother. I wonder how that will go down if she finds out, will she blame Gordon or his family in general. I try to avoid romance in general since I'm still upset Sweet Meat didn't end up with Soma or anybody in Food WArs ;). I thought of giving this weird elf show a try but I don't think it has a dub ;). I felt bad for Sheru who is probably my favorite drow, Lofter or whatever her name in IBO among others its better to avoid the pain for me. When Sally met Gordon is about all I can hold out hope for these days ;).
Sorry for taking a long time to respond. I currently have my exam period. It should finish Wednesday this coming week. This one is gonna be a quick answer...
For Kaguya sama: Love is War, did you know it is not a shoujo (young girls) manga/anime, even though it's about a love story? It is a seinen manga (for 16 years old and plus), because some stories are more developed and well written. It is not just a story about one girl who has to confess her love to the boy, it's much more complicated. Well there's the School Life and Slice of Life aspect, which I totally like, but the events in the story are much more original than the ordinary and bland shoujo stories.

Anyway... Belial and Asta being pests is quite a resemblance. I mean both are considered scum of society or hierarchy (not to be vulgar or anything), until some high ranking members of society acknowledge him. It would not surprise me if Lucifer acknowledges Belial or Asta's Demon being stronger after this arc (I think there will be a final showdown between Asta and Dante or even Zeno).

Gordon's family made pacts with devils, right?. Did they have a direct relationship with Megicula? We will found out in the future. I don't think Noelle will be mad or anything if the Gordon family is to blame. They are both in the same team, although Noelle may find Gordon weird sometimes with his mumbling. Sally with Gordon would be a mess. Sally is some kind of lunatic, who wants to make some experiences on Asta's body, and Gordon, who was initially a antisocial guy (he made some improvements though) has a problem making friends (not that i can give advice). Sally would go with Luck since they are both energetic people and Gordon, well, I don't know seriously.

Daoloth

Reaction score
Country
Tartaros
Sorry for taking a long time to respond. I currently have my exam period. It should finish Wednesday this coming week. This one is gonna be a quick answer...
For Kaguya sama: Love is War, did you know it is not a shoujo (young girls) manga/anime, even though it's about a love story? It is a seinen manga (for 16 years old and plus), because some stories are more developed and well written. It is not just a story about one girl who has to confess her love to the boy, it's much more complicated. Well there's the School Life and Slice of Life aspect, which I totally like, but the events in the story are much more original than the ordinary and bland shoujo stories.

Anyway... Belial and Asta being pests is quite a resemblance. I mean both are considered scum of society or hierarchy (not to be vulgar or anything), until some high ranking members of society acknowledge him. It would not surprise me if Lucifer acknowledges Belial or Asta's Demon being stronger after this arc (I think there will be a final showdown between Asta and Dante or even Zeno).

Gordon's family made pacts with devils, right?. Did they have a direct relationship with Megicula? We will found out in the future. I don't think Noelle will be mad or anything if the Gordon family is to blame. They are both in the same team, although Noelle may find Gordon weird sometimes with his mumbling. Sally with Gordon would be a mess. Sally is some kind of lunatic, who wants to make some experiences on Asta's body, and Gordon, who was initially a antisocial guy (he made some improvements though) has a problem making friends (not that i can give advice). Sally would go with Luck since they are both energetic people and Gordon, well, I don't know seriously.

You are in like HS or College to have these exams or is it like some sorta school for a profession? I feel bad with all going on have to deal with that as if social media wasn't tough enough. I'll admit I watched Rebelde where they were at this special boarding school in Mexico city or so :). Most probably heard of RBD w/ Anahi along with Dulce Marie being the most well known though show had on many others who are pretty famous depending on season or episode. I really liked Angelique Boyer for example if ever heard of her :). There was some show I'd see sometimes with Belinda, I've seen Welcome Back Kotter, Head of The Class, and Saved By Bell :). Even when I was in school I wasn't interested in watching shows about it personally. I did like the uniforms the girls wore in Rebelde or even Anime like Sailor Moon :). I can see if are into style or things like that having an interest in them. For me even MHA I wont buy because they have least 10-20 episodes walking around in slippers, school stuff, slice of life, learning routine for festival etc ;). I only got a blu-ray player along with 1080p TVs within last few years but watched a fair amt of things over years. I was hoping they would have Dominion Tank Police or a few other things.

Teen Titans is probably closest thing own to romance since it was influenced by Fooly Cooly or FLCL. Which was least better than the stuff CN did in its name for season 2 and 3 :). I would probably watch Love is War if it was on Toonami otherwise I'm a bit lazy or behind in general. I was lucky to find full screen versions of Vinland Saga but I don't think can buy that on blu-ray or dub since its amazon. I saw Goblin Slayer that way before buying it, Legend of Shield Hero, a few other things. I gave Food Wars a chance, I probably would have bought it if got special edition cheap for season 1. Animation seemed to dip a bit in season 2 then I hear it gets kinda dark from people complaining in season 3 or 4 or later in manga. I got some cooking tips watching it or inspiration when didn't expect would enjoy it haha. So I guess its nice to watch some Anime where nobody gets killed or anything that graphic :).

I think when I was looking into Belial I kept seeing mentions of David... Then I'm like they had David Swallow, I wonder if he is related to Secre Swallowtail. Then when I was watching the dub on 115 I noticed the demon light sword was able to handle the sword Asta was using. It was even able to get really big when blocking an attack from Yuno. He was just making them out of thin air too, seems Demon Light magic is a weakness for some reason to Asta. I started to think Zagred looks a lot like an Elf too. The ears are not that far apart, so maybe a dark elf is like one consumed by hatred and despair. Then devils not all of them but certain ones might be from Elves or even Humans using forbidden magic triggering the Weg. Secre is probably a Cambion or I guess they would call her an Alu-Demon but she don't have wings :). Cambion like Merlin was a Half Demon, I guess if used too much forbidden magic or died from it would end up in place Zagred's body was. Rhya didn't seem surprised to see Patri turn into that dark elf, so they must have seen it happen. I'll be glad if they explain them if they were led to or from darkness or exact origins.

Gordon's Family would do curse or hex magic for people as their trade. So its possible people would hire them to use devils or do things related to that as well. I figured Noelle would be a bit weird toward Gordon but already is kinda spooked by him. She probably wouldn't hold a grudge against his little sister or the dog, probably the grand mother though would be. She seems like has lost her mind so maybe she would just yell at her trying to find out fragments of information. Nathan is the one who turned family from that path so I don't see her hating on him. Really all depends on the details, if his family did it on their own to gain power or if they were hired by somebody else etc.

I never thought of Luck with Sally those kid would be brutal to sit for :). I was trying to think who I would put him with but can't remember. I could see Luck or Leo end up with Heart Queen if she don't die but I suspect she will ;). I'm pretty sure Sally will marry Gordon, she will help bring him out of his shell as well :). I could see Luck ending up like Neige's brother when Sally injects him so he can win some fight when he badgers her to do it turning him into a Shocker or something ;). Nathan is doing research in that creepy lab, Sally would love that stuff, he would keep her doing positive stuff compared to some of the negatives she did :). She was able to construct bodies for people, lots of amazing things, so I think it would really help that family heal people. She would be smart enough to find ways to beat curse magic, I can see her looking like that family does ;). Its cool if ever look up their last name, I think its Heron or so that it might be based on. Gordon will show Sally his dolls, that will be all it takes to romance her to wed him :). She would love his sister giving him that thing from Berserk with all the eyes on it at dinner ;). She would want to sleep in that room Nathan showed them which freaked them all out :). I kinda miss Sally or a few others, I could picture Sally teaching Gordon to dance like when they show her in flashback making bodies ;). Besides Gordon has that uniform I think that will really get her ;). They already met, it would be funny if she ended up with Henry :). I just think her crazy personality will love Gordon along with his family and history :)... I do kinda hope I get to see a few of them marry, I figure Mars will get Fana if we ever see them again :). Luck with Kohono or whatever her name would be interesting was one person I thought of. I figure he would help them using his magic for special light show or so when they perform.

I'm pretty sure from the ramblings the Gordon family had contract of Megicula. I don't know 100% if they are involved with Charlotte's curse, though I suspect like 85% the grandmother did that one from way they show the shadowy figure hunched over etc. I'd say its about 99% they are involved in the curse to have Acier Silva die some manner. Otherwise there could be something bigger or bolder involved in what she was talking about its pretty unclear. Were they supposed to get power or something in return, did Nathan go back on what they were supposed to do etc. That family for generations was feared for using curses, hexes, sorta like Witch Queen or Witches do. I suspect that makes them some sorta Warlock family if Witches are all female, I think they claim Gordon is a commoner or his family is. Maybe they wanted to gain the kingdom, social status, become nobles, gain devil powers like others have done. The way story is setup everybody intersects, Grey ran into Gauche who would run into Yami etc. You even have the Clover family linked to the Silva along with Vermillion from Lumiere. Probably if they used the stages the Heart along with Spade Kingdom were together or related in some manner. We know Yuno's parents at least 1 had to steal mana from the elves for him to gain that elf would be my guess. I think all that have stolen elven mana have had bad things happen to them for a reason. Maybe they will reveal Megicula is behind all those getting cursed that stole the power as a mastermind of the mastermind type thing. Revenge I would say since those swords all have demon in their names for some reason :).