Voting - Best Character Design | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Best Character Design

Best Character Design

• Guts

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Casca

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Skull Knight

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Chimimôryô/Faceman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Emperor Ganishka

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Femto

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Welcome to the voting phase of
Best Character Design

This thread if for this specific nomination only, for discussion regarding other categories and general discussion about the Awards, please visit the Berserk Awards Discussion Thread.

Nomination InfoPlease remember, that you may nominate only one title for this award. However during the nomination phase, you can always change your nomination. For more information about how the Awards work, please check the opening post of the thread linked above.

For the nomination phase to run smoothly and to avoid situations where nominations weren't counted by accident, please state your nomination clearly. It is preferable to highlight the nominated title with bolded text and color. Example: I nominate <insert title> for <insert category>

Also please explain briefly the reason for your nomination.

Enjoy the Awards and thanks for understanding!

Nominees:

Guts(3)
Casca
Skull Knight(2)
Chimimôryô/Faceman
Emperor Ganishka

Last edited by a moderator:

llamapie

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
I have to give this one to Guts. He's just so bad ass, and he's everything you want in a hero.

That dark bad assiness is so much like Batman and it appeals greatly to me. Human, weak, yet prevails by being a bad ass.

mrsticky005

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
While Griffith can go burn in hell for all I care he has some pretty beast armor.
No, not Femto armor. But his regular birdman armor. It's awesome.

However once he takes the helmet off he's lame.

But as far as actual characters go...I'll say Casca post eclipse.

She's hot, retarded and nude.

I can dig it. :hip

Aazholh

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Guts and his berserk armor. It really is very well designed. I love the scenes were he looks like the perfect killing machine. The berserk armor just seems to enhance the badassness of Guts.

Last edited:

omegakai

Reaction score
Country
United States
Skull Knight its a well designed armor

102jayday

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Guts in Dragua Armor Hell the animators for the current movies said the armor is too hard to do in 2D

Jack Van Burace

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Emperor Ganishka. People are gonna start thinking I'm a fan of his (lol), but Miura really did meet whatever expectations we could have for an apostle beyond what regular apostles would be: an electric cloud. And yet, he tried to surpass that and really managed to do it. Miura went to the form beyond all expected forms, and then actually gave us something further than that succesfully. I don't see many authors daring so much without failing hard.

Picking an awful example, Kubo Tite tried to do that with the Espadas and so far nobody agrees with the power ranking he alledged they would have. Other authors simply run away from creating a character beyond the rest in every way. And yet, Miura proven to us that he's not just "God-hands>>>>>mortals", and he can think over a nice example of between that works.

A cloud is really impossible to fight against, a "Godly" entity that is unkillable by any normal means. And whatever that Hell-incarnation was, it surpassed the "cloud". A true God on Earth, which only Griffith's deus-ex-machina (literally!) could have dealt with. Add to that Ganishka's past self and his whole kingdom's theme, and we'll get quite an unique villain, that by the way we have no idea what happened to so far. lol

Reactions: xi0

Aazholh

Reaction score
Country
United States

A cloud is really impossible to fight against, a "Godly" entity that is unkillable by any normal means. And whatever that Hell-incarnation was, it surpassed the "cloud". A true God on Earth, which only Griffith's deus-ex-machina (literally!) could have dealt with.

I don't think Griffith was in any real harm. He could have killed Ganishka from the very beginning if he wanted to. But the emperor was part of his plan to change the world so he let him go to be "reincarnated" into that "god." So really he was just an instrument for Femto.

Jack Van Burace

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Yeah, he was never under any threat. But there was no known mechanism of how to beat that thing, and what saved the day was indeed Griffith's deus-ex-machina, or "the god outside of the machine". Meaning whatever Griffith was able to, he did it using some sort of mechanics that work outside of what the reader knew of, his godly powers to work outside normal pathways.

Deus-ex-machina is often used as a synonym for 'powerup', but this is what it really means: the unexpected solution through methods outside of the regular possibilities (or sort of, I'm not so good with phylosophical explanations, lol).

Jorge D. Dragon

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
I would go with Skeleton Knight.:)
His design looks like the Lord of Hell who rides through the World on his devilish horse.:)

GioGio

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Femto. Yes, the Gatchaman-goes-Hellraiser version of Griffith. His Hawk of Light incarnation is cool and stuff, but as Femto he is simply amazing. Be it crushing demons with gravitational superpowers, distorting the space-time continuum to transform the world or just raping Casca, Femto was the first manga character that made me say out loud "OH S***!" when he first appeared. And then again, when he raped Casca.