Votes: 4 9.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

King Moe

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
I consider myself a moderately modest person, yet I can say that I debate with unearthly patience when debating about certain characters (Zoro/Mihawk) with certain people (you), even when they ignore or twist every point or argument that I throw their way.

You may say I'm a fanboy for certain characters, but I always provide arguments for anything that I claim, and @Ramen is defending how I debate despite how much we disagree about those two characters, so it's certainly not a problem of "me acting poorly" when talking about them. If that's your opinion of me, you may want to look into a mirror to see why I'm not the one nominated on the troll thread.
Nah, you can't admit fault on either of them to save your arguments as even when your shown how their flaws you push they can beat someone despite no evidence on showing. I don't twist them, you give yourself away on characters you refuse to criticize.

You do provide, but not all the time on certain questions I ask about which you go about in endless talk and off topic points which I can't give you fair shake on that given you can't admit situation to your advantage. Just saying what you shown on your behavior is all on OP thread. If you pride yourself on that, then show forward everywhere than only certain places :hi.

Moegara

Ta'veren
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Spain
And with that Moe is now in consideration for my vote 🤔
I'd be honored.

I'll be honest, if we had a "Most patient award" @Moegara would get my vote as well. The stuff that happens in the OP section with vs battles and PL debates was enough to make me stop going entirely. Him however continues to talk to those who to be completely honest probably are best to be ignored.
I've learned to drop certain debates. With manners, of course, but certain brick walls just cannot be brought down through rationality.

Ehhh....You see him in OP as he is more on biased side on certain characters to admit on true debates. I honestly would give it to @Pirate Queen @eefrit, and certain others on the list above I seen if we talking about overall than just certain series forum.
I like both eefrit and Pirate Queen a lot, so I cannot disagree with you on that, but if this is what you think, perhaps you should have supported them so that they'd win this award?

Either way, I of course don't agree on your opinion of me, but feel free to vote for a different person.

Btw, I think the two persons you mentioned nominated me here? I'm not 100% sure, but that's ironic.

King Moe

Reaction score
Country
United States
He's always admitted to liking one character over the other but has never let this bias get in the way. He's used proof from the manga and proper logic to construct his arguments.
You come see debates as he seems to be pushing more on making certain of his favorite characters than are above others that they shouldn't from what I am seeing. Even I don't push my own favorites overboard like that on characters he suggesting about.

Moegara

Ta'veren
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Nah, you can't admit fault on either of them to save your arguments as even when your shown how their flaws you push they can beat someone despite no evidence on showing. I don't twist them, you give yourself away on characters you refuse to criticize.

You do provide, but not all the time on certain questions I ask about which you go about in endless talk and off topic points which I can't give you fair shake on that given you can't admit situation to your advantage. Just saying what you shown on your behavior is all on OP thread. If you pride yourself on that, then show forward everywhere than only certain places :hi.
I am not going to get into such a tasteless talk, and I know there's no changing your mind from something you're set on, so you're really free to think that way.

King Moe

Reaction score
Country
United States
And with that Moe is now in consideration for my vote 🤔
Nah, just saying facts of what I seen of how he acts in OP thread as idk what you seen, but he acts differently when supporting his favorite characters. Has not admit fault once on either of them than give fair share of flaws on them. Not trolling, just observation after debating with him many times.

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Big s/o to @Rikudou King for the excellent debates on the BC threads. Really articulate and well mannered.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Whole point of a debate is differing views clash and are discussed, having biases which make you see view x doesn't mean that you're a poor debater because you don't see/agree with view y. I don't read Wan Piss nor check the forum out so I can't comment on what goes down there, but if I go looking I don't think I'm going to see anything from Moegara that's outright crap haha. If you see things a certain way @King Moe that's fine, but no need to punch down when this is about celebrating individuals in the community which is the important thing. Vote for who you think best fits a category and that's that imo.

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Whole point of a debate is differing views clash and are discussed, having biases which make you see view x doesn't mean that you're a poor debater because you don't see/agree with view y. I don't read Wan Piss nor check the forum out so I can't comment on what goes down there, but if I go looking I don't think I'm going to see anything from Moe that's outright crap haha.
Well that's the whole point of a debate. You go in with a certain bias depending on the topic and discuss and try to explain why your side is true and the others isn't with an open mind. However, there is a fine line here because a lot of the times it can end in people being very disrespectful and terrible baiting (both of which I'm unfortunately guilty of) but in the OP section, it almost feels like people are going in just to troll and not really in for the discussion.

Moegara

Ta'veren
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Whole point of a debate is differing views clash and are discussed, having biases which make you see view x doesn't mean that you're a poor debater because you don't see/agree with view y. I don't read Wan Piss nor check the forum out so I can't comment on what goes down there, but if I go looking I don't think I'm going to see anything from Moe that's outright crap haha.
:XD The way you say Moe can be kind of confusing taking into account we're Moegara and King Moe.

Yeah, disagreeing on something is a prerequisite for a debate. And let me tell you that some people have changed my mind on some things on this forum time and time again, but I don't really feel like discussing King Moe's accusation and making this topic endless.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Well that's the whole point of a debate. You go in with a certain bias depending on the topic and discuss and try to explain why your side is true and the others isn't with an open mind. However, there is a fine line here because a lot of the times it can end in people being very disrespectful and terrible baiting (both of which I'm unfortunately guilty of) but in the OP section, it almost feels like people are going in just to troll and not really in for the discussion.
FT, OP; we've all seen the bad side of it but I think that's besides the point for the community awards yo. I think given this is about celebrating the community we can put the semantics of what goes on in forums aside and just celebrate individuals who we see fitting the awards and want to see recognized for their contributions.

:XD The way you say Moe can be kind of confusing taking into account we're Moegara and King Moe.

Yeah, disagreeing on something is a prerequisite for a debate. And let me tell you that some people have changed my mind on some things on this forum time and time again, but I don't really feel like discussing King Moe's accusation and making this topic endless.
Sorry, I'll refer to you as Moegarry from now on :kappa

King Moe

Reaction score
Country
United States
Whole point of a debate is differing views clash and are discussed, having biases which make you see view x doesn't mean that you're a poor debater because you don't see/agree with view y. I don't read Wan Piss nor check the forum out so I can't comment on what goes down there, but if I go looking I don't think I'm going to see anything from Moegara that's outright crap haha. If you see things a certain way @King Moe that's fine, but no need to punch down when this is about celebrating individuals in the community which is the important thing. Vote for who you think best fits a category and that's that imo.
If you have biased it does make you bad debator as it means you won't ever admit fault or being wrong if you got something off. There is no shame if you lose a debate as much as much as winning one or tying with someone respectfully. If you got biased on your side, doesn't really make yourself 'the best' as more so more the stubborn. Also lol please don't bash OP when you do know you have Food Wars icon picture in your avatar and from what I heard, that got a lot of hate in later in the series xD.

Let's not make this war of series now as just being respectful with our own opinions. Also I am, but just saying my own piece on who deserve better is all as not all will have same opinion, but we can be respectful of what we choose after all.

Moegara

Ta'veren
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Spain
FT, OP; we've all seen the bad side of it but I think that's besides the point for the community awards yo. I think given this is about celebrating the community we can put the semantics of what goes on in forums aside and just celebrate individuals who we see fitting the awards and want to see recognized for their contributions.
I have been to FT's battle threads. Thinking back, I believe most people there do make good structurations for their arguments, but I just feel like the series itself is too inconsistent to really have everything make sense so sometimes it feels like both sides of a discussion are right.

Sorry, I'll refer to you as Moegarry from now on :kappa
:p I really need to think of a new nickname some day.

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
If you have biased it does make you bad debator as it means you won't ever admit fault or being wrong if you got something off.
That's objectively not true. Everyone goes into a debate with a bias. Whether it's theology, anime, politics or sports. Being biased does not mean you won't admit fault, being a thick-headed person means you won't admit fault.

Moegara

Ta'veren
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Let's not make this war of series now as just being respectful with our own opinions. Also I am, but just saying my own piece on who deserve better is all as not all will have same opinion, but we can be respectful of what we choose after all.
Difamating me and saying I shouldn't be on this category is not really being respectful. You could show your support for your favorite candidates without doing that. But enough said about that, let's move on.

King Moe

Reaction score
Country
United States
That's objectively not true. Everyone goes into a debate with a bias. Whether it's theology, anime, politics or sports. Being biased does not mean you won't admit fault, being a thick-headed person means you won't admit fault.
Really? I meant certain debators who have biased for a character and state ridiculous claims of what they can do even beating characters that doesn't give plausible reason on how and why. True we got something to side on if you mean like that on 'bias', but doesn't it register if you take it too far on not even admitting what can and can't something or someone can do and it's more your mindset and factual material?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Difamating me and saying I shouldn't be on this category is not really being respectful. You could show your support for your favorite candidates without doing that. But enough said about that, let's move on.
Putting me on best Troll isn't respectful either. I didn't came on community Awards until few people like you mentioned my name and I came to find this place xD.

If you don't like my opinion that is fine, but calling me Troll is just more mean-spirited nature than friendly manner.

Sure we can move on. Let's not get too much on subject about that.

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Really? I meant certain debators who have biased for a character and state ridiculous claims of what they can do even beating characters that doesn't give plausible reason on how and why. True we got something to side on if you mean like that on 'bias', but doesn't it register if you take it too far on not even admitting what can and can't something or someone can do and it's more your mindset and factual material?
No, if people decide to troll their way in a debate and cross that line so be it but most of the time people can have a logical debate acknowledging their biases and try to present the proof and facts as to why their side is correct.

Again, everyone that goes into a debate has a bias. You do, I do, @Moegara does.

Moegara

Ta'veren
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Putting me on best Troll isn't respectful either. I didn't came on community Awards until few people like you mentioned my name and I came to find this place xD.

If you don't like my opinion that is fine, but calling me Troll is just more mean-spirited nature than friendly manner.
I didn't nominate you on Best Troll.

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
He didn't nominate you. Pirate Queen did.