• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

King Moe

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
I didn't nominate you on Best Troll.
I seen your post of 'supporting' me to get award though. Your not being helpful on situation xD.

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I dont.... pure unbiased from me... also Boa Hancock is bae-class Yonko Tier/ PK level and litterally one-shots WB and Roger with 1 look
Exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Moegara

Ta'veren
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Spain
I dont.... pure unbiased from me... also Boa Hancock is bae-class Yonko Tier/ PK level and litterally one-shots WB and Roger with 1 look
Tbh she may really become the Pirate Queen EOS.

When she marries Luffy.

Moegara

Ta'veren
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Spain
I seen your post of 'supporting' me to get award though. Your not being helpful on situation xD.
Yes, yet I invite you to search the troll thread, see where I have said anything bad about you. Something you couldn't hold back from doing here.

Moegara

Ta'veren
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Can always convince me to pick it up ;) I think I watched like 5 episodes of the anime way back and stopped lmao.
What do you usually like in a manga?

And, btw, have you read Shokugeki no Sanji?

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada

Well you see Sam only indulges in the most fancy of mangas.

King Moe

Reaction score
Country
United States
"that would be me, ttebayo!"
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

And I wasn't wrong
Take a note to add you next time in return, Queen.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Australia

As @Ramen said, I have exquisite taste these days. While I may own every volume of Shokugeki no Soma, these days I'm super huge on Berserk since starting it this year.

King Moe

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yes, yet I invite you to search the troll thread, see where I have said anything bad about you. Something you couldn't hold back from doing here.
Saying I deserve an award for 'trolling' is bad thing to say. Just saying, your not really being innocent on your side at all.

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
Go ahead. You'll probably be the only one to vote for me. I'm passonate... but not a troll. So go ahead. Won't hurt my feeling. You clearly took it personally. You should embrace what you are Moe-kun. Be the best damn troll you can be!

King Moe

Reaction score
Country
United States
Go ahead. You'll probably be the only one to vote for me. I'm passonate... but not a troll. So go ahead. Won't hurt my feeling. You clearly took it personally. You should embrace what you are Moe-kun. Be the best damn troll you can be!
Nah, not really upset on my side. Though I will be sure to nominate you back and I would beg to differ as I seen trolling on your side as clearly your Hancock desires go for that trolling ;).

Moegara

Ta'veren
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Spain
As @Ramen said, I have exquisite taste these days. While I may own every volume of Shokugeki no Soma, these days I'm super huge on Berserk since starting it this year.
No, no, I meant Shokugeki no Sanji!

It's literally a one-shot about Sanji's life a little prior to the start of the manga, drawn by Shokugeki no Soma's mangaka. Since you like Shokugeki no Soma, I thought you might like that one-shot for starters. Check it out.

One Piece is inferior to Berserk both in the realistic artstyle of the later and in how... mature and gory it is, it's really a different genre, but One Piece gets the upper hand in orinigality. Not that Berserk is unoriginal, not at all, but the huge variety of characters, of easily recognizable unique islands, of superpowers, of unexpected humor and of truly epic, awestrucking moments, among other things, really make One Piece one likeable and memorable adventure. Add to that a rich fictional history and a pretty good plot (that takes a couple of arcs to start appearing but that'll definitely hook you once it appears) and you get one of the best selling manga of all time.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
No, no, I meant Shokugeki no Sanji!

It's literally a one-shot about Sanji's life a little prior to the start of the manga, drawn by Shokugeki no Soma's mangaka. Since you like Shokugeki no Soma, I thought you might like that one-shot for starters. Check it out.

One Piece is inferior to Berserk both in the realistic artstyle of the later and in how... mature and gory it is, it's really a different genre, but One Piece gets the upper hand in orinigality. Not that Berserk is unoriginal, not at all, but the huge variety of characters, of easily recognizable unique islands, of superpowers, of unexpected humor and of truly epic, awestrucking moments, among other things, really make One Piece one likeable and memorable adventure. Add to that a rich fictional history and a pretty good plot (that takes a couple of arcs to start appearing but that'll definitely hook you once it appears) and you get one of the best selling manga of all time.
I'll check out Shokugeki no Sanji and see if that gets me interested.

>One Piece gets the upper hand in originality
I can't just say no as I'm not familiar with One Piece but for now I'll start by saying
I think what I can say at least aesthetically is that they're different in a few ways so comparing originality can be a precarious thing. Berserk you have a dark, medieval fantasy whereas One Piece is a little more modern in the naval era with boats and the cum cum fruits yeah? What really makes or breaks a manga for me is immersion, and can I get invested in the story behind everything. Berserk is something I haven't experienced in a good while with just how much it grabbed me and kept me in and invested in the journey that follows. I'd say I've been really spoilt with it, but hopefully One Piece can deliver like you're hyping it up to.

Moegara

Ta'veren
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Spain
I'll check out Shokugeki no Sanji and see if that gets me interested.

>One Piece gets the upper hand in originality
I can't just say no as I'm not familiar with One Piece but for now I'll start by saying
I think what I can say at least aesthetically is that they're different in a few ways so comparing originality can be a precarious thing. Berserk you have a dark, medieval fantasy whereas One Piece is a little more modern in the naval era with boats and the cum cum fruits yeah? What really makes or breaks a manga for me is immersion, and can I get invested in the story behind everything. Berserk is something I haven't experienced in a good while with just how much it grabbed me and kept me in and invested in the journey that follows. I'd say I've been really spoilt with it, but hopefully One Piece can deliver like you're hyping it up to.
They're really different genres, and that also implies a different kind of experience, so it really is not easy (if at all possible) to hype One Piece from Berserk, so it's my mistake for even making any connection between them.

One Piece setting is more modern than Berserk, that much is true, but it's also fantastical (you have giants, dwarfs, and many other kinds of weird things), and even their fauna and some of their technology is fictional; not to mention the world's geography looks nothing like our own, and that translates to a "brand new world" of adventures to discover.

If immersion is the selling point for you, I of course can't guarantee what you will be immersed in or not, but I can tell you that the immersion has to be pretty damn good for most people to keep them hooked for almost 1000 chapters and have no reader wishing it would be over soon.

Edit: I do think One Piece is more original as a whole, with no disrespect meant at all to Berserk that has its own merits and, as I said, is not unoriginal. Of course it's a fully subjective appreciation on my part, but One Piece is a manga that just brims with originality in a very special way.

Either way, my intent was solely promoting One Piece to you by pointing out its highlights, not trying to argue that it's better than Berserk.

Last edited: