Favorites - Best fights from manga and anime | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Favorites Best fights from manga and anime

Sorata

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
I want to know your top 5 fights from both anime and manga.
I´m not doing this post just because i´m bored, i´m a great fighting fan, so i want to know where you saw your best fights, that way i can start reading new manga or watching new anime.

Manga:
1º - Takamura vs Hawk(Hajime no Ippo) - Greatest fight ever, great art, great plot, technically and raw is perfect, one of the two fights that made my legs shake.
2º - Ji Kang-Hyuk vs Mah Kang-Chul(Change Guy) - The other fight that made my legs shake is this one, the big number of great clifhangers make this fight amazing.
3º - Shin Jin-Ho vs Kwon-Shin(Change Guy) - This is a great fight, two great technical guys put an high level fight, speed, technique and strength, everything was passed to the paper.
4º - Kimura vs Mashiba(Hajime no Ippo) - The most emotional fight i ever read, amazing the Dragon Fish Blow.
5º - Guts vs Priest with the evil seed(Berserk) - Just raw fight, nothing more:)

I have read more than 200 mangas, but i have to admit that Hajime no Ippo and Change Guy are the best fighting mangas.

Anime:
1º - Son Goku vs Cell(Dragon Ball Z) - Amazing fight, the way they tested themselves and become serious was great, Toryama Sensei was a genius for being able to create such masterpiece.
2º - Son Goku vs Vegita 2nd time(Dragon Ball Z) - Dragon Ball Z has lots of great characters and my favorite is Vegita, but i have to admit that no one can put a better fight than Goku, he is just amazing.
3º - Luffy vs Rob Lucci(One Piece) - This fight could be my second, but the way they drag it made it loose a lot, but even with that it´s a great fight.
4º - Rock Lee vs Gaara(Naruto) - The fights in Naruto are boring but this one is an exception, the quick action and emotion behind Lee is great.
5º - Roronoa Zoro vs Mr.1(One Piece) - This is Zoro´s best fight because he actually needs to fight, it isn´t just powers like his fight against Kaku.

So tell me which one are your top 5 fights in manga and anime and why.

a_nevels666

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
I've read a little bit of Change Guy but it didn't seem all that great. The body-swapping gimmick seemed a bit cliché and goofy. I didn't read that much though, maybe it gets better later.
I agree on Hajime no Ippo and Dragonball, but the comedy in One Piece kind of kills the tension in the fights for me.

I prefer my martial arts manga a bit darker and realistic.

Like Tough, Grappler Baki, Garouden, Shura no Mon, Hokuto no Ken etc..

All of those have LOTS of great fight scenes.

Some favourites:
Tsutsumi Jyohei VS Tanba Bunshichi (Garouden)
Jyaku Kaiou VS Retsu Kaiou (New Grappler Baki)
Kenshiro VS Raoh (Hokuto No Ken)

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my absolute favourite fight in a manga? Beet Kissu and Poala all against Grineed in Beet the Vandel Buster. A true epitome of awesome

Sorata

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
a_nevels666:Change Guy is great, the author don´t care about the body switching, so if you find that goofy you will like he manga, it´s a pure fighting manga with tons of great characters. I really like Shura no Mon and Hokuto no Ken, but i think that fights in Hokuto no Ken are just about powers and very repetitive, i like the kind of fights when they actually trade blows.
Everyone tell me great things about Grappler Baki, but in my country they don´t sell manga so i have to read it from the net, and i can only find New grappler Baki, can we start reading new grappler baki before grappler baki???? I will try Garouden:)

Indiana_Mcemo:I only watch Bouken ou Beet anime, and that is the best fight of the entire show, but i think it would been best if Beet fought alone.

Crude

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
I have trouble deciding. The ones I'm going to list are anime versions though:

- Rock Lee vs Gaara (obviously due to the animation)
- Luffy vs Arlong (first real exciting battle in One Piece)
- Ichigo vs Grimmjow (I'm refering to all the battles they've had in Bleach since deciding on one isn't enough)
- Son Goku (or just Goku) vs Tien (The tournament final in the original series was pure awesome and so dynamic due to Tien's flying factor and that scene where both of them are falling to the ground. DBZ hasn't really been able to capture the dynamic way air battles were fought in DB)

a_nevels666

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
a_nevels666:Change Guy is great, the author don´t care about the body switching, so if you find that goofy you will like he manga, it´s a pure fighting manga with tons of great characters. I really like Shura no Mon and Hokuto no Ken, but i think that fights in Hokuto no Ken are just about powers and very repetitive, i like the kind of fights when they actually trade blows.
Everyone tell me great things about Grappler Baki, but in my country they don´t sell manga so i have to read it from the net, and i can only find New grappler Baki, can we start reading new grappler baki before grappler baki???? I will try Garouden:)

Indiana_Mcemo:I only watch Bouken ou Beet anime, and that is the best fight of the entire show, but i think it would been best if Beet fought alone.
Hokuto no Ken was mostly about he powers, which I generally don't like that much, but there were some great fights later on in the series. The problem with 'powers' is that they're often used uncreatively, to hide bad animation, or as deus ex machinas.

No one's translating the original Grappler Baki, because it used to be licensed (or still is? Somewhere in license limbo anyway.)

New Grappler Baki is direct continuation of Grappler Baki. I wouldn't recommend starting with NGB. The Grappler Baki anime covers the original Grappler Baki series though, so if you watch that, New Grappler Baki picks up right after where the anime ended.

IMO Grappler Baki is easily one the best fighting manga ever.

Last edited:

Sorata

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
I just watched the anime Grappler Baki(which was good), and then read 27 volumes of New Grappler Baki, the first arc of NGB(the one about the 5 condemned guys) is really boring but the second one(about the Kaioh chinese tournamnet) is gold, i really loved the fight of Baki´s father vs the 140 year old Kaioh, that fight and all the plot of the fight was really great, the best from NGB. Overall Grappler Baki (GB and NGB) is a great fighting manga, but Change Guy is much better IMO.

R4n

Reaction score
Country
Micronesia
Favourite fight scene in manga

So, what's your favourite/memorable fight scenes, people? ;)
Use spoilers when necessary =D

mine:
- It's short, but i really like Future Trunks vs Freeza + his dad. Simply because it was the first appearance of my favourite DBZ character.
- Android 16 vs Cell. Because i like him, and he's just so badass.
- Super Gotenks vs Evil Buu in the special room. Because it is so funny :tem
actually, i like most of the fights in Buu arc

- Sakura + Chiyo vs Sasori.

- Mukuro vs Tsuna.
- The entire Varia Arc fights. It is just too good, with many twists.
Especially Xanxus vs Tsuna. It is just so touching...

Fight scenes? well yes, in Liar game, it's a battle of wits. xD
I really like Akiyama vs Yokoya in the contraband arc. I guess that is the first time Akiyama get a tough and troublesome opponent in the manga (Fukunaga does not count).

Last edited:

Mushashi

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Re: Favourite fight scene in manga

Light yagami & L Lawliet a battle of wits as liar game.

Gcat88

Reaction score
Country
Brazil

I dont know if i have a FAVORITE battle scene but ill tell you some of the ones i LOVED.

[BLEACH]Ikkaku Madarame vs Edrad Liones
[Naruto]Sasuke vs Danzō Shimura
[Black Cat]Train Heartnet vs Creed Diskenth
[Samurai Champloo]Jin vs Kariya Kagetoki
[One Piece]Zoro vs Kaku

Anyone like a different fight in one of these series???

shaheer

Reaction score
Country
Singapore

same with me and finding the pages is a hassle
Berserk-Gatsu vs Zodd(second time when they met after grifiths revival)
5th and 6th mission of Gantz was awesome

and Kira and L s mental confrontation is the best ever

and_123

Artist
Reaction score
Country
Colombia

in One Piece: Mugiwaras + Rayleigh VS Kizaru + Px + Sentoumaru (you now the Sabaody arc)

in Hunter x Hunter: Gon VS Genthru (the greed island arc)

Mushashi

Reaction score
Country
Australia

gonna have to add the recent one piece chapters its way to epic not to mention if you know what i mean. basically everything from impel down to current was so amazing haha.

Arch!

Reaction score
Country
United States

This is really hard, but I tried and narrowed it down to two favorites: Aoshi vs. Kenshin (Pt. 2), and Byakuya vs. Zomari. Both were so well drawn.

lazuardi00

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

very hard question...
This far, I like Mugiwara pirate vs CP9 and...
Kenpachi vs Noitra

Rejuvenation

Reaction score
Country
United States

Toriko vs. Tommyrod just made it into my favorites. This fight is the definition of bad ass. Definitely something shounen has been missing in more recent years.

Revilenigma

Reaction score
Country
Canada

Zetman: You know the one.
Gantz: Everyone vs. Nuri.
Berserk: Guts and co. vs those religious freaks and the part where they fight those goblins.
No. 5: The fight in volume 5, I won't say anything more cause it's too much of a spoiler >:I
Ryuuguden: powered up bunny kid w/light saber vs. fish monster = Awesome.
Bakune Young: The gym teacher and the ninja versus the yakuza
Dorohedoro: Kaiman vs. En
Freesia: Kano vs the Phantom
Dead End: The team vs. That freaky frog man with his group of zombies
Ichi the Killer: Ichi vs Kakihara

p1xel

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Poland

Oh,BLEACH was and is a really fight manga:P So let`s type something:P
Kenpachi VS Ichigo
Hitsugaya VS Ichimaru(that was short but nice;p)
In Psyren there was nice battle Yoshina VS yusuka(or yusaka:P)
OH oh in D.gray-man there were 2 battles for like 50 chapters(just to mention):P

winterwyrm

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
manga- death the kid and free vs mosquito (soul eater)

anime- beet vs grineed (beet the vandel buster excellion [I have this saved on my computer])

jorped

The True Ninja
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
"the fight" between L and Light , was sure awesome :zomg

Now more seriously, Naruto vs Neji was one of the most epics :super