Best Hairstyling | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Best Hairstyling

Best Hairstyle

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States

Why, hello there :amuse As you all know, voting for the MangaHelpers Manga Awards 2010 closed just a few days ago. Thanks to your nominations and votes, we now have our winners! Which manga won the award of Best Hairstyling? Let me keep you in suspense as I take you on a little journey through time... :tem

The nominees we had in this category were: Bleach, Yu-gi-oh!, Dragonball, Kateikyoushi Hitman Reborn!, Shiki, Nurarihyon no Mago, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, Psyren, Hatsukoi Ltd., History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi, Veritas, Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle, Code: Breaker and Eyeshield 21. Bleach led the pack with an astonishing 14 nominations, a whopping 5 more than Yu-Gi-Oh!'s 8 votes!

Nevertheless, only the top 5 made it to the voting round, so joining Bleach and Yu-Gi-Oh! we had... Dragonball (5 nominations), Kateikyoushi Hitman Reborn! (4 nominations) and Shiki (2 nominations)! :nuts

So which manga had the Best Hairstyling!? It was.......!!! Let me first tell you what our STARs decided! :3c What STARs? Celebrities? :blink Yes, they are our celebrities aka our Scanlators, Translators, Artists and Reviewers!!! :amuse Our STARs voted and they think that the manga with the Best Hairstyling is...

A TIE BETWEEN...
:confetti [sizept=20]BLEACH!!![/sizept] :confetti

AND...
:confetti [sizept=20]SHIKI!!![/sizept] :confetti

Cut the crap, you say, so who actually won? :yelling First off, as a point of interest, our STAFF and you, the MangaHelpers community (also includes STAFF and STARs), voted the same series as having the Best Hairstyling! :derp The MangaHelpers Staff includes MangaHelpers, Global Moderators, Administrators and MH Senpai. All of you have voted, and the manga with the [sizept=15]BEST HAIRSTYLING[/sizept] is...

:confetti [sizept=30]BLEACH!!![/sizept] :confetti

Congratulations to Kubo Tite for inventing such great hairstyles for the characters of BLEACH!! :clap Having swept the award in every way possible (except for tying with Shiki for the STARs' votes), it would appear that there is a general consensus that the quirky hairstyles - a plait down the front, bells at the end of your spiky hair - are a go with everyone! :D An honorable mention to Shiki as well for its truly unique hairstyles that almost managed to defeat Bleach! :dance

"Your fangs will never reach me."
- Kuchiki Byakuya

To all the members of MangaHelpers who nominated or voted, thank you so much for your participation in this project! This project would not have been possible without you! :kissbunny

Till next time! :bye

Last edited by a moderator:

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Romania
I think this is one of the categories where my vote is clear as day...I think I even nominated Bleach, so no surprise my vote goes for Bleach as well...I mean I only read Bleach from all these finalists...

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
I nominated Shiki and stood by my nomination by voting for it. I still think it has the most interesting hairstyles. I like Bleach's too, but Shiki's is more unique :) Bleach has more normal-looking hairstyles, the only ones that are really unique are Unohana, Zaraki... I wouldn't really consider Rukia's that unique, it's just a big strand of hair in front of her face, and there's a character in Kekkaishi who sports a similar hairstyle...

Have a look at this! :XD These hairstyles are totally memorable.

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
My vote is for Shiki. This series has some of the most original and peculiar hairstyles I have ever seen, just take a look at the picture in Salad’s post and you will know what I’m talking about. The hairstyles are such a special part of this series that you can easily differentiate the main characters from the rest by looking at their hairstyles; if they have crazy hairstyles then they are main characters.

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore

Why, hello there :amuse As you all know, voting for the MangaHelpers Manga Awards 2010 closed just a few days ago. Thanks to your nominations and votes, we now have our winners! Which manga won the award of Best Hairstyling? Let me keep you in suspense as I take you on a little journey through time... :tem

The nominees we had in this category were: Bleach, Yu-gi-oh!, Dragonball, Kateikyoushi Hitman Reborn!, Shiki, Nurarihyon no Mago, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, Psyren, Hatsukoi Ltd., History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi, Veritas, Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle, Code: Breaker and Eyeshield 21. Bleach led the pack with an astonishing 14 nominations, a whopping 5 more than Yu-Gi-Oh!'s 8 votes!

Nevertheless, only the top 5 made it to the voting round, so joining Bleach and Yu-Gi-Oh! we had... Dragonball (5 nominations), Kateikyoushi Hitman Reborn! (4 nominations) and Shiki (2 nominations)! :nuts

So which manga had the Best Hairstyling!? It was.......!!! Let me first tell you what our STARs decided! :3c What STARs? Celebrities? :blink Yes, they are our celebrities aka our Scanlators, Translators, Artists and Reviewers!!! :amuse Our STARs voted and they think that the manga with the Best Hairstyling is...

A TIE BETWEEN...
:confetti [sizept=20]BLEACH!!![/sizept] :confetti

AND...
:confetti [sizept=20]SHIKI!!![/sizept] :confetti

Cut the crap, you say, so who actually won? :yelling First off, as a point of interest, our STAFF and you, the MangaHelpers community (also includes STAFF and STARs), voted the same series as having the Best Hairstyling! :derp The MangaHelpers Staff includes MangaHelpers, Global Moderators, Administrators and MH Senpai. All of you have voted, and the manga with the [sizept=15]BEST HAIRSTYLING[/sizept] is...

:confetti [sizept=30]BLEACH!!![/sizept] :confetti

Congratulations to Kubo Tite for inventing such great hairstyles for the characters of BLEACH!! :clap Having swept the award in every way possible (except for tying with Shiki for the STARs' votes), it would appear that there is a general consensus that the quirky hairstyles - a plait down the front, bells at the end of your spiky hair - are a go with everyone! :D An honorable mention to Shiki as well for its truly unique hairstyles that almost managed to defeat Bleach! :dance

"Your fangs will never reach me."
- Kuchiki Byakuya

To all the members of MangaHelpers who nominated or voted, thank you so much for your participation in this project! This project would not have been possible without you! :kissbunny

Till next time! :bye