Best Male Seiyuu | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Best Male Seiyuu

Best Male Seiyuu

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States

Heya :amuse With the conclusion of the MangaHelpers Anime Awards 2010 just a few days ago, I'm sure everyone has been anticipating the results. :XD Thanks to your nominations and votes, we now have our winners! Which seiyuu won the award of Best Male Seiyuu? First, let us take a moment to turn back time to when the Awards first began... :tem

It was evident that this was a popular category, as we received a large number of nominations. They were: Fukuyama Jun (4 nominations), Ohtsuka Houchuu (2 nominations), Miyano Mamoru (2 nominations), Sugita Tomokazu (2 nominations), Kamiya Hiroshi (1 nomination), Ono Daisuke (1 nomination), Yamaguchi Kappei (1 nomination), Hayami Shou (1 nomination), Sakurai Takahiro (1 nomination), Namikawa Daisuke (1 nomination), Ishida Akira (1 nomination), Nakamura Yuuichi (1 nomination) and Nakata Jouji (1 nomination).

It was certain that Fukuyama Jun, Ohtsuka Houchuu, Miyano Mamoru and Sugita Tomokazu were going to proceed to the next round. However, we needed to break the tie to get our final finalist! Eventually, we had them all! Joining the other 4 was Kamiya Hiroshi! :turtle

Alright then, let's get down to business proper! So without further ado... You, the invaluable members of the MangaHelpers community have cast your votes!! :nuts And the winner of the [sizept=15]BEST MALE SEIYUU[/sizept] category is...!!!

:confetti [sizept=20]FUKUYAMA JUN!!![/sizept] :confetti

Congratulations to Fukuyama Jun for his fantastic range and consistently brilliant portrayal of some our favorite characters, be they the crazed Lelouch, split-personality Rikuo, insecure Luca, serious Sugata, carefree Ryner, playful Shinra, volatile Watanuki, vain Yumichika, and so many more!! :clap

"Lelouch Vi Britannia commands you! Obey me subjects! Obey me World!"

To all the members of MangaHelpers who nominated or voted, thank you so much for your participation in this project! This project would not have been possible without you! :kissbunny

Till next time! :bye

Last edited by a moderator:

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Nominations are over! Now that the nominations are set, it is time to vote for which one you think should win this category! Cast your vote before the deadline to decide the winner! :whoabunny

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
This was a slightly difficult choice for me, as I really like Fukuyama Jun and Miyano Mamoru a lot :shakefist However, in the end I went with Fukuyama Jun as I think he has a more impressive range than Miyano Mamoru. I was particularly impressed by the world of difference that is his famed crazy/deep, cocky Lelouch Lamperouge voice (not to mention evil laughter) in Code Geass, versus the high-pitched, hesitant, young Luca Angeloni in Macross Frontier. I was so shocked when I saw the name "Fukuyama Jun" in the credits when I first watched Macross Frontier, and even more shocked when it turned out to be Luca he had voiced :o He also does and excellent job switching between two pitches for night and day Rikuo in Nurarihyon no Mago :)

That said, I also really like Kamiya Hiroshi and that little lisp he has that makes it so obvious its him even when he's using a totally different voice eg Izaya in DRRR!! and Otonashi in Angel Beats! and Tieria in Gundam 00 :tem

Zeltrax

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Fukuyama Jun!

I voted him for the voice range and also because how he manage to voice all the roles so well. I don't really have much to say except for the fact that I like hearing his voice and the roles he play them with :amuse

raikou

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Kamiya Hiroshi. His voice is awesome since Zetsubou-sensei. I would have picked Sugita, but my favorite now is Kamiya.

igotthegoods

The Giggs
Reaction score
Country
United States
Gaaaah, this was the hardest category for me to vote in! :scry I love all of these guys. Fukuyama Jun is great, but he's only my third favorite here. It was such a toss-up between Sugita Tomozaku and Kamiya Hiroshi for me. I mean seriously, how can you choose between the awesomeness that is Gintoki/Kyon and Itoshiki-sensei/Araragi? <333 It's almost impossible. I ended up going with Sugita Tomozaku in the end after a lot of switching my mind back and forth.

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
The results are very, very, very close. One single vote can change the fate of the nominees and decide who wins this category. So please come and vote for your favorite male seiyuu!! :) You still have two more hours to cast your votes.

saladesu

in absentia
Reaction score
Country
Singapore

Heya :amuse With the conclusion of the MangaHelpers Anime Awards 2010 just a few days ago, I'm sure everyone has been anticipating the results. :XD Thanks to your nominations and votes, we now have our winners! Which seiyuu won the award of Best Male Seiyuu? First, let us take a moment to turn back time to when the Awards first began... :tem

It was evident that this was a popular category, as we received a large number of nominations. They were: Fukuyama Jun (4 nominations), Ohtsuka Houchuu (2 nominations), Miyano Mamoru (2 nominations), Sugita Tomokazu (2 nominations), Kamiya Hiroshi (1 nomination), Ono Daisuke (1 nomination), Yamaguchi Kappei (1 nomination), Hayami Shou (1 nomination), Sakurai Takahiro (1 nomination), Namikawa Daisuke (1 nomination), Ishida Akira (1 nomination), Nakamura Yuuichi (1 nomination) and Nakata Jouji (1 nomination).

It was certain that Fukuyama Jun, Ohtsuka Houchuu, Miyano Mamoru and Sugita Tomokazu were going to proceed to the next round. However, we needed to break the tie to get our final finalist! Eventually, we had them all! Joining the other 4 was Kamiya Hiroshi! :turtle

Alright then, let's get down to business proper! So without further ado... You, the invaluable members of the MangaHelpers community have cast your votes!! :nuts And the winner of the [sizept=15]BEST MALE SEIYUU[/sizept] category is...!!!

:confetti [sizept=20]FUKUYAMA JUN!!![/sizept] :confetti

Congratulations to Fukuyama Jun for his fantastic range and consistently brilliant portrayal of some our favorite characters, be they the crazed Lelouch, split-personality Rikuo, insecure Luca, serious Sugata, carefree Ryner, playful Shinra, volatile Watanuki, vain Yumichika, and so many more!! :clap

"Lelouch Vi Britannia commands you! Obey me subjects! Obey me World!"

To all the members of MangaHelpers who nominated or voted, thank you so much for your participation in this project! This project would not have been possible without you! :kissbunny

Till next time! :bye

Last edited:

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
I think this category might have gotten a few more votes if there were pictures to go with the names. I voted for Fukuyama, and now that I've seen a picture of him, I'm glad he got my vote. :clap

(If he turned out ugly, I still would have supported him for his characters and his vocal talent... but I'm just glad things turned out the way they did. :tem)

saladesu

in absentia
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
:rofl Tsuki

To fulfill Tsuki's, um, wishes...

So, whaddaya think? :cookiehand

Anyway, I'm glad Jun won either way (regardless of how he looks :XD)! He's so talented. It's a pity this award could not be shared, because I believe the rest to be extremely talented as well! Jun was probably just lucky that he got the role of Lelouch that really cast him straight into the limelight internationally, which is why he is the best known out of all of them.

Still, it's interesting to see such close votes between him and Sugita Tomokazu! I like him too, but maybe I just haven't heard enough of him (or realized it, despite scrolling through his list of roles), but I feel like he sounds about the same in most of his roles. Not necessarily a bad thing, since he sounds good, but imo, FukuJun wins because of his range.

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks, Sally! :lovebunny Now that I've seen all of the seiyuu, I feel my vote for Fukuyama was quite justified! :gigglebunny (I know their looks shouldn't matter, especially because I didn't vote that way with the female seiyuu, but I have been a big Romi Park fan and so I had more basis on which to vote. So, yeah...:sbunny)

feisu-chan

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Wow! just one point difference from Sugitan! I voted for Sugita, but I'm also glad that he's up with Fukuyama. He's one talented seiyuu! He was great when he voiced Nura! The transition there was smooth! Omedetou, Jun Fukuyama! Good Job, Sugitan! :wtf

saladesu

in absentia
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Yes! :nuts I loved how Jun voiced Rikuo as well. I mean, there were scenes where he was literally talking to himself and switching back and forth between day!Rikuo and night!Rikuo's voices, which are worlds apart. Gotta give him props for that ;)