1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Want to read legit manga from Mangahelpers?! Get in here!
  3. The new season of the Anime League is here! Tell us which new Anime of this season you liked the most so far!
  4. Submissions for Retro Banner Contest has begun. Bring back your old memories!

Voting has begun for the Magic Short Story Contest. Pick your favorite piece!

Congratulations to Valhalla777 for winning the Landmark Photography Art Contest !
  5. Starting from mid-February or so we'll be going through the media gallery and sorting through the submissions there to ensure they match with our recent changes listed in the Media Gallery Guide.
    As such some media files will be removed, so please be sure to look through your media and ensure it is up to requirements If you have any questions, contact a global/admin.
Though artists in particular, everyone please do check out the [MEDIA GUIDE] , as there are information relevant for you all. Thanks!

Chapter Black Clover Chapter 157 Discussion/158 Predictions

Discussion in 'Black Clover' started by Eiryuu, May 17, 2018 at 3:44 AM.

1. Eiryuu

Eiryuu Mangahelper

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

Mangahelper

Australia
    This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Black Clover.

Posting Rules
    • Spoiler threads may be locked until confirmed spoilers are available.
    • Anyone who has found spoilers may PM a Local Moderator for that forum or a Global Moderator/Administrator to unlock the Spoiler Pics & Summaries thread.
    • When posting spoilers, please include said spoiler, link to the source and credit them whenever possible(see Formatting Spoilers below); we understand that some spoilers may be posted anonymously.

24 Hour Spoiler Rule
    • MangaHelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters outside of chapter threads. This blockade ends 24 hours after an english scanlation is publicly released.
    • With consideration for your fellow members, posting discussion regarding a recently released chapter must be kept within [SPOILER][/SPOILER] tags until 24 hours have passed after the chapter's release.
    • Please also be considerate when creating discussion threads during this spoiler time. We ask that any posts made within this period be spoiler tagged and that the thread title not be a dead give away to chapter events. The staff team will adjust these threads if and when needed.
    • For series with no forum, [SPOILER][/SPOILER] tags must be used while the 24 hour rule is enforced.
    • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
    • Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters on the forum.
    • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released. We've eased up on the rule to allow discussion within spoiler tags, but please be adhere to these. Failure to do so may result in the removal of your post.

Spoiler Pics and Translations
    • Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries. Check the thread before posting. Redundant posts will be removed.
    • Please keep in mind that some members have a slow connection or on mobile quota, so if there're several large images, enclose them in spoiler tags for faster rendering of the page.
    • Videos are not a valid form of chapter/ spoilers, please avoid posting those.
    • Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.
    • Under no circumstance is it acceptable to post or link to full chapters of official scans (Viz, Kondasha, etc) on the forum.

Formatting SpoilersWe ask that proper format is followed, to provide the maximum amount of information and best reading experience. Ensure you are always providing a link to the source for your spoilers, as well as crediting the original poster where possible.

Example One ( Spoiler Pics):

Source:Mangahelpers
    Credits: Ohana

[​IMG]

Example Two (Spoiler Text):

Credits: Ohana

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque pretium nunc et ante condimentum eget fermentum velit posuere.
    Proin sollicitudin mollis augue sed semper.
    Aenean eget lectus eget risus laoreet convallis id non massa. Cras non urna vitae neque imperdiet rhoncus.
    Quisque luctus felis ultricies eros mollis pulvinar.

In the case of series that do not have sub-forum please follow the same format, adding [SPOILER][/SPOILER] tags:

Credit: Ohana

[​IMG]

2. razerxs

razerxs Registered User

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member

Galactic Republic
  3. Arjuna

Arjuna Registered User

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted

India
    Seems like Licht won.

And Asta,Noelle,Yuno,Mimosa are all safe.

Seraph likes this.
  4. Ice King

Ice King Registered User

Italy
    So he basically skipped all the fights of the base?

I do not know how to judge this move, oh well, we hope that now that the parenthesis of the base is over move to the rest of the kingdom.

5. razerxs

razerxs Registered User

Galactic Republic
    Last edited: May 18, 2018 at 8:29 AM
    Seraph likes this.
  6. Arjuna

Arjuna Registered User

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted

India
    Seraph likes this.
  7. yukistorm33

yukistorm33 Registered User

Australia
    Normally, I would be disappointed that the fights were skipped.

However, I really want to see what's happening to those in the Kingdom.

Ice King likes this.
  8. Ice King

Ice King Registered User

Italy
    I agree.

Looking back on it is the best solution, so they would have escaped anyway and would have just more stuffed up things.

yukistorm33 likes this.
  9. GeniusEA

GeniusEA Registered User

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member

Austria
    looks like elves has 2 tops

Licht and Raya

all the other's, - stupid meat

10. Ice King

Ice King Registered User

Italy
    Licht was the leader of the tribe.
    The others I suppose are all on the same level, even if Liar and Vetto seemed the closest to Licht in life.

11. Koi Kage

Koi Kage Registered User

United States
    Really nice way to open up for the Elf Invasion arc and we got confirmation from Licht that he can no longer wield his grimoire which does make sense as we've been told that people can only use their own grimoires and not someone else's.

12. Seraph

Seraph Registered User

Finland
    This Chapter was good though nothing much to say about it since we had no major uproars in here or anything other than the Setup for the possible Final Clash between "Elves" and Humans.:teach

Licht kicked Asta and the rest of the uncontrolled Magic Knights out it seems and now they're moving to Clover Kingdom to gather up some more "Comrades" to take revenge on the Humans. I can't help but feel that using Humans to host the Elf Souls only to have them crush the Kingdom is a cruel joke from Licht,they build up the Kingdom and worked together with their comrades to achieve so much and have the Kingdom grow and flourish only to now destroy it all.:gwah
    But Noelle brought up what i was wondering about the Entire Time,it may be possible to defend against the Reincarnation Magic by fighting against the Spirit possesing you like Yuno did although i still think that this case isnt closed for certain yet somehow, at least not for me.:notrust
    I mean he did fight the Spirit off it seems but his appearance now looks altered again and his Magic is still boosted,contrary to the Final Page of the previous Chapter::mono
    [​IMG]
    Everything looked normal here,but since he had the pointy ears and boosted Magic Power again i guess the Spirit from the inside is either continuing to take his body completely now or has submitted to him and is now only present in the form of before mentioned enhancements.;)

Having said all that,i still wonder how Licht exactly plans on destroying the Humans.
    His Current Force of men are by no means capable of defeating the Kingdoms apart from Clover(That is if they manage to win this Battle) with their current Number of People,they may be able to manipulate and control more and more Knights for their cause but that can only take them so far given that Magic Knight Captain Level Fighters are the most useful to him compared to normal Magic Knights,it may be difficult to beat them but they're not invincible by any means.:teach
    The Key to winning this Clash is to figure out some way to dispell the Reincarnation Magic on the Magic Knights,if that is achieved Lichts Numbers shrink down to his normal nameless Followers that are hardly any match and Liar who in the previous Chapter proved that he'd be overwhelmed by an Assault like Asta and Yuno pulled on Licht,considering his reactions.:gwah
    Not to mention how Meleolona already pummeled him another couple of chapters back,the only real threat is the current Licht given his feats.:pwned

Oh well nothing else we can do but wait for the next Chapter,looking forward to it.
    Have my Favorite Panels:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Arjuna likes this.
  13. Ice King

Ice King Registered User

Italy
    It will still take a while considering how many pending questions there are.

Seraph likes this.
  14. Mankichi Togawa

Mankichi Togawa Registered User

Spain
    Once again, Noelle showing she's a rare example of an heroine getting MC treatment, and doing the badass speech normaly a Jump MC would do.

I love the treatment Tabata gives Noelle all time. I'd like Ochako getting the same treatment in Hero Academia for example.

[​IMG]

15. Ice King

Ice King Registered User

Italy
    Even Nozel does not sentence for once ...

16. Admiral Teach

Admiral Teach Registered User

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member

Water Tribe
    Great chapter. And Noelle's speech was great.

So, Licht cannot take Asta's Griamore, but he did take a blade and I assume he'll either stay as he is or obtain a new sword Griamore, perhaps. Not sure. And it looks like mysteries still abound regarding Asta's antimagic.

Seraph and Emperor Spriggan like this.
  17. Emperor Spriggan

Emperor Spriggan Registered User

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity

Kenya
    Noelle is a brilliant character, I honestly love how the series doesn't take advantage of her Tsundere nature this far in, and instead allows her to be her own character even outside the interactions with Asta. Really love how far shes come as a character ever since the beginning where all she did was look down on everyone but now she's making an active effort in wanting to save everyone :wtf
    The chapter was really good, glad to see Licht isn't down for the count yet. This sets up for a round 2 though, and the arc gets extended, which is also nice. It was obvious that it was way too early for Licht to go down. I want him to become a long standing villain, but something tells me the manga isn't going to be necessarily that long. Not to mention unless a new race is introduced, I think the manga is just going to focus on the human and Elf tribe primarily. So Licht fits all the categories for being the series's final boss.
    Nozel this chapter was :hip as usual. This page is just :smugbunny:
    [​IMG]
    But Im thinking hes death flagged himself with that 'Even if it means getting killed' comment :pout

Cat Sidhe26 and Seraph like this.
  18. Rindouswan

Rindouswan Registered User

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner

Argentina
    mmm i have some doubts, hope you will answer me

by far we know that the licht who fight the magic emperor is actually not the true licht
    after the magic happen, did the real licht took possesion of the fake licht body? i think not, but i dont know...
    maybe the true licht is inside yuno, and for that he cant use asta grimoire

speaking of this, the sword used but licht in this chapter is a new sword or is the second one? i think i see a new sword and the first and new sword flyes away with asta, and the second stays in elves place

Seraph likes this.