Discussion Black Clover Chapter 295 Spoilers & Discussion

Rikudou King

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
If two spirits have knowledge of it, there's no reason to believe the other spirits wouldn't know of it either.

HereNThere

Call Me Lumberjack...
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah, I agree that Undine's selfishness should've been called out a bit more and Noelle shouldn't have gave her a positive out.

This could've been a moment of growth for Undine to realize that she's been coddling Loro and not allowing her to make her own choices. Noelle should've reprimanded Undine and then told her that she needs to apologize to Undine after they rescue her.

Noelle should've used her experience with Nozel as a point of comparison on how intentionally keeping someone you love in the dark, despite your intentions, can be a detriment to them in the long run.

As for the Belle and Salamander and Sanctuary; I think we'll need to see what's the deal with Spirits and their life cycle. It might be a maturity thing. Undine looks significantly more mature than those two. Salamander has gone through a couple of host at this point. They rebirthed with Elf Fana in a new body for an unspecified amount of time and have only been with Fuego for 6 months. Belle has only been awakened for a year and some change and has only recently began to develop into an adult like form. Undine has been kicking around for generations with with the Queens and been with Loro for her entire life.

Rikudou King

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't think there's any real difference between the spirits regarding maturity. Salamander appears to simply be able to change it's appearance as needed, and while it's not verbal, we know it can communicate because we've seen it do so with Fuegoleon. Bell's appearance change seems to have been tied to the storing of mana.

HereNThere

Call Me Lumberjack...
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't think there's any real difference between the spirits regarding maturity. Salamander appears to simply be able to change it's appearance as needed, and while it's not verbal, we know it can communicate because we've seen it do so with Fuegoleon. Bell's appearance change seems to have been tied to the storing of mana.
If it's not maturity, it's something. The Witch Queen implied that there is a perfected or complete form for Spirits back when Fana invaded the Witch Queen's Forest and noted that Salamander at that point, while stronger than anticipated, still wasn't where it could be. And Fuego's version pretty much looks similar to that version.

ShiningGirI

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
We don’t even know the 4th spirit
I forgot there are for I keep only think of the water and wind I for got the fire one As well

Phaizzy

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
If it's not maturity, it's something. The Witch Queen implied that there is a perfected or complete form for Spirits back when Fana invaded the Witch Queen's Forest and noted that Salamander at that point, while stronger than anticipated, still wasn't where it could be. And Fuego's version pretty much looks similar to that version.
Any news on the new BC chapter?

Undina

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Romania
Ehhh
Asta doesn’t have those type of relationships. Secre and him immediately bonded…

Liebe and him didn’t immediately bond but Asta liked Liebe way before Liebe realized. They are like homies now.

I understand the “cold” dynamic but noelle and Undine never showed that prior to now.. and even then it was random. Noelle literally was saying how they are her friend when they first fought Vanica.
It doesn’t really matter because the outcome is the same but I wish they have Undine tell Noelle this without the “we aren’t really friends” type thing
I was merely talking about the friendly bickering type of dynamic(like how Secre in Nero form would pinch Asta when he does something unreasonable by her standards or rebuke him, or Liebe trash talk at him without particularly meaning it), it's nothing serious, and the girls weren't taking it seriously either, they were just letting off steam( caused by Lollo's kidnapping and the attack on HK) by "jokingly trashing each other", as the first tl of the spoiled pages told us. Are you actually bothered by this dynamic only popping up now? I, for one, don't see a problem with it, since the two have the types of temper that would warrant it, even in a respectful and friendly relationship.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Yeah, I agree that Undine's selfishness should've been called out a bit more and Noelle shouldn't have gave her a positive out.

This could've been a moment of growth for Undine to realize that she's been coddling Loro and not allowing her to make her own choices. Noelle should've reprimanded Undine and then told her that she needs to apologize to Undine after they rescue her.

Noelle should've used her experience with Nozel as a point of comparison on how intentionally keeping someone you love in the dark, despite your intentions, can be a detriment to them in the long run.

As for the Belle and Salamander and Sanctuary; I think we'll need to see what's the deal with Spirits and their life cycle. It might be a maturity thing. Undine looks significantly more mature than those two. Salamander has gone through a couple of host at this point. They rebirthed with Elf Fana in a new body for an unspecified amount of time and have only been with Fuego for 6 months. Belle has only been awakened for a year and some change and has only recently began to develop into an adult like form. Undine has been kicking around for generations with with the Queens and been with Loro for her entire life.
You have a point, however, it would've been counterproductive to upset Undine even more when they needed to get back to the top of their game so that they could grow more powerful and pay Vanica back/punish her for what she did.
I'm pretty sure Noelle understands enough of Undine's personality to expect Undine to take the initiative for that talk herself. It did happen to Nozel when he got to see that the attitude he fostered in their family towards Noelle wasn't doing her any good nor fulfilling his plan, and that it was the BBs' openness and trust in Noelle that helped her grow and kept her safer than what her siblings did.

Last edited:

HereNThere

Call Me Lumberjack...
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
You have a point, however, it would've been counterproductive to upset Undine even more when they needed to get back to the top of their game so that they could grow more powerful and pay Vanica back/punish her for what she did.
I'm not saying Noelle should've done it in a mean way. It would've been more of a kick in the butt to give Undine that extra motivation to save Loro. Something along the lines off...

Noelle: Yes, you were selfish. But I'm not the one who needs your apology. So let's save Loro and you can tell her your feelings face to face. And I'll help make sure we win so you can do so!

Not unlike King putting himself down only to push himself harder to win to tell Diane his feelings in NNT. Just an extra push so that they have a reason to succeed.

And I'm sure Noelle does expect that from Undine, but it would've been nice to see it being referenced on the page.

Rikudou King

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
It could very well depend on the host. From what we've been shown, the spirits aren't capable of much by themselves, and need a host. We have Undine this chapter saying she went to Noelle's grimoire to regain strength and mana. And odds seem likely that if she could have acted alone, she probably would have.

HereNThere

Call Me Lumberjack...
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
It could very well depend on the host. From what we've been shown, the spirits aren't capable of much by themselves, and need a host. We have Undine this chapter saying she went to Noelle's grimoire to regain strength and mana. And odds seem likely that if she could have acted alone, she probably would have.
A host is definitely necessary seeing as how Spirit Dive is involved. I'm just wondering how a Spirit goes about attaining the information about it. The way it's being portrayed, it's not apparently something Spirits just intrinsically know, otherwise Noelle wouldn't have immediately assumed that it's something that needs to be trained to be attained.

Rikudou King

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
A host is definitely necessary seeing as how Spirit Dive is involved. I'm just wondering how a Spirit goes about attaining the information about it. The way it's being portrayed, it's not apparently something Spirits just intrinsically know, otherwise Noelle wouldn't have immediately assumed that it's something that needs to be trained to be attained.
I don't know about that reasoning. Noelle isn't a spirit, and she has had barely any interaction with them, so her making an assumption is just that, her assumption. There's no way for her to be aware of what they know. As I said before, logically, if two spirits are aware of it, there's no reason to think the others aren't either until shown otherwise.

Undina

Reaction score
Country
Romania
BC is getting a color page in the next issue!
Hopefully to better showcase Noelle's development(new spell, maybe), in Saint Spirit Dive:shout

Almost changed my mind, can't remember whether we got a colour spread for the 5th popularity poll...

Last edited:

BloodyBoredom

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hopefully to better showcase Noelle's development(new spell, maybe), in Saint Spirit Dive:shout

Almost changed my mind, can't remember whether we got a colour spread for the 5th popularity poll...
5th one is not out yet, since this is the first time it's been an Online poll, I think it'll come out in August.

Undina

Reaction score
Country
Romania
5th one is not out yet, since this is the first time it's been an Online poll, I think it'll come out in August.
Idk, one of the links for the prelims lead to the viz page claiming the "final results were out"...the phrasing in the article felt odd to just address prelims. Did they establish a specific timeframe for the entire poll process?