Discussion Black Clover Chapter 349 Spoilers & Discussion

Rikudou King

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Black Clover.

Posting Rules
  • Spoiler threads may be locked until confirmed spoilers are available.
  • Anyone who has found spoilers may PM a Local Moderator for that forum or a Global Moderator/Administrator to unlock the Spoiler Pics & Summaries thread.
  • When posting spoilers, please include said spoiler, link to the source and credit them whenever possible(see Formatting Spoilers below); we understand that some spoilers may be posted anonymously.

24 Hour Spoiler Rule
  • MangaHelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters outside of chapter threads. This blockade ends 24 hours after an english Edited Manga is publicly released.
  • With consideration for your fellow members, posting discussion regarding a recently released chapter must be kept within [SPOILER][/SPOILER] tags until 24 hours have passed after the chapter's release.
  • Please also be considerate when creating discussion threads during this spoiler time. We ask that any posts made within this period be spoiler tagged and that the thread title not be a dead give away to chapter events. The staff team will adjust these threads if and when needed.
  • For series with no forum, [SPOILER][/SPOILER] tags must be used while the 24 hour rule is enforced.
  • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
  • Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters on the forum.
  • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released. We've eased up on the rule to allow discussion within spoiler tags, but please be adhere to these. Failure to do so may result in the removal of your post.

Spoiler Pics and Translations
  • Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries. Check the thread before posting. Redundant posts will be removed.
  • Please keep in mind that some members have a slow connection or on mobile quota, so if there are more than 3 large images, enclose them in spoiler tags for faster rendering of the page.
  • Avoid posting images not related to the chapter spoilers.
  • Videos are not a valid form of chapter/ spoilers, please avoid posting those.
  • Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.
  • Under no circumstance is it acceptable to post or link to full chapters of official scans (Viz, Kondasha, etc) on the forum.
  • Failure to correctly format spoilers, will result in their deletion.

Formatting SpoilersWe ask that proper format is followed, to provide the maximum amount of information and best reading experience. Ensure you are always providing a link to the source for your spoilers, as well as crediting the original poster where possible.

Example One ( Spoiler Pics):

Source:
Mangahelpers
Credits: Ohana

[/img][/img]

Example Two (Spoiler Text):

Source:
Mangahelpers
Credits: Ohana

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque pretium nunc et ante condimentum eget fermentum velit posuere.
Proin sollicitudin mollis augue sed semper.
Aenean eget lectus eget risus laoreet convallis id non massa. Cras non urna vitae neque imperdiet rhoncus.
Quisque luctus felis ultricies eros mollis pulvinar.

In the case of series that do not have sub-forum please follow the same format, adding [SPOILER][/SPOILER] tags:

Source: Mangahelpers
Credit: Ohana

LuckSlayer

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Dominican Republic

Franz

九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Italy
I honestly can't believe Lily can be saved right now......

In my opinion, Tabata wants her to face Noelle, otherwise, if her role exhausted here, I really don't understand how he would intend to reuse her ....

Tavore

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
England
I honestly can't believe Lily can be saved right now......

In my opinion, Tabata wants her to face Noelle, otherwise, if her role exhausted here, I really don't understand how he would intend to reuse her ....
Well she has and honestly who wants to see that fight now?

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Well she has and honestly who wants to see that fight now?
So who will Noelle fight in the end?

Lily at least would be an antaognist with a minimum of sense, what's the point of saving her now?

Tavore

Reaction score
Country
England

Lily at least would be an antaognist with a minimum of sense, what's the point of saving her now?
Someone better than Sis Lily.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Someone better than Sis Lily.
Who ?

A new character would not have the same impact.

In my opinion, Lily would be the perfect antagonist for Noelle:

1) Both use water magic

2) Link with Asta

3) They have already faced each other in the past.

If now Asta saves Lily .... boh, what does she do? Does it stay there in the country and then they go back to Clover together? What motivations would Asta and Yuno have to fight Lucius?

lexx

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Get ready for the inevitable new allies powered by "we remember how to use paladin magic despite not being linked to purified devils anymore". Just like all of the elf-incarnated Clover knights, after the elf saga ended.

Tavore

Reaction score
Country
England
Who ?

A new character would not have the same impact.

In my opinion, Lily would be the perfect antagonist for Noelle:

1) Both use water magic

2) Link with Asta

3) They have already faced each other in the past.

If now Asta saves Lily .... boh, what does she do? Does it stay there in the country and then they go back to Clover together? What motivations would Asta and Yuno have to fight Lucius?
The fact that Licius wants to to enslave everyone is reason enough to fight him. Precisely people only want them to fight because of Asta that's it.

Vortigern

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Finland
It makes sense for Asta to defeat Lily here after she basically caused this whole arc to happen. I get why some people thought that she would fight Noelle, but that wouldn't have carried the same significance as having Asta be the one to bring her back to her senses. What I am a little surprised by is how effortless it was. Lily is the Paladin with the strongest available devil and yet she couldn't do anything to Asta, who wasn't even going all out. I suppose this just establishes that Lucius is the only one who poses a threat to Asta (and Yuno) at this point, and vice versa. The outcome of the upcoming Judgement Day will come down to those three.

That said, I can't help but feel like some kind of a twist is going to happen in this battle soon. Two of the Paladins are already down, the dragon's not much of a threat and the strongest Ryuzen is confident he can deal with Heath on his own. Everything is going so smoothly that it's actually suspicious. This reminds me of how the Triad were easily overpowered at the start of the Spade battle until the 1st gate opened sooner than expected and turned everything on its head. However, it's also possible that Tabata just wants to move on from this arc already so he's speeding through these fights as quickly as possible.

This recent reveal that Lucius can revive people from the dead seems to be setting up the return of some dead characters. Nobody cares about Heath, so this concept was probably introduced with someone else in mind. My money would be on Acier, as she's probably the most significant dead character in the series and would make for a perfect opponent for Noelle.

Other dead characters that could return are Morgen and Yuno's father. If Tabata wants to go all out then he could even revive Lumiere and Licht to make them fight Asta and Yuno. That would be a very cool 2v2.

Get ready for the inevitable new allies powered by "we remember how to use paladin magic despite not being linked to purified devils anymore". Just like all of the elf-incarnated Clover knights, after the elf saga ended.
I've thought about that possibility as well. We were recently introduced to the concept of saint stage, but the only characters who have access to that are the 3 known spirit hosts. If the Paladins retain some holy powers after their defeat, then that would spread saint magic among the rest of the cast, perhaps in preparation for some kind of a final battle against the devils after Lucius has been dealt with.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
The fact that Licius wants to to enslave everyone is reason enough to fight him. Precisely people only want them to fight because of Asta that's it.
But with Lily in his ranks there was an added motivation.

. I get why some people thought that she would fight Noelle, but that wouldn't have carried the same significance as having Asta be the one to bring her back to her senses.
This Asta solution seems to me a rather lazy and unoriginal solution.

Perhaps Noelle's would have been the same, but in my opinion it would have given greater continuity to what we saw a few chapters ago and perhaps it would have even given Noelle the opportunity to advance on her sentimental side.

Tavore

Reaction score
Country
England
But with Lily in his ranks there was an added motivation.

This Asta solution seems to me a rather lazy and unoriginal solution.

Perhaps Noelle's would have been the same, but in my opinion it would have given greater continuity to what we saw a few chapters ago and perhaps it would have even given Noelle the opportunity to advance on her sentimental side.
A revived Acier with Meguicla is more interesting than Lily.

Samusamu

Reaction score
Country
United States
It makes sense for Asta to defeat Lily here after she basically caused this whole arc to happen. I get why some people thought that she would fight Noelle, but that wouldn't have carried the same significance as having Asta be the one to bring her back to her senses. What I am a little surprised by is how effortless it was. Lily is the Paladin with the strongest available devil and yet she couldn't do anything to Asta, who wasn't even going all out. I suppose this just establishes that Lucius is the only one who poses a threat to Asta (and Yuno) at this point, and vice versa. The outcome of the upcoming Judgement Day will come down to those three.

That said, I can't help but feel like some kind of a twist is going to happen in this battle soon. Two of the Paladins are already down, the dragon's not much of a threat and the strongest Ryuzen is confident he can deal with Heath on his own. Everything is going so smoothly that it's actually suspicious. This reminds me of how the Triad were easily overpowered at the start of the Spade battle until the 1st gate opened sooner than expected and turned everything on its head. However, it's also possible that Tabata just wants to move on from this arc already so he's speeding through these fights as quickly as possible.

This recent reveal that Lucius can revive people from the dead seems to be setting up the return of some dead characters. Nobody cares about Heath, so this concept was probably introduced with someone else in mind. My money would be on Acier, as she's probably the most significant dead character in the series and would make for a perfect opponent for Noelle.

Other dead characters that could return are Morgen and Yuno's father. If Tabata wants to go all out then he could even revive Lumiere and Licht to make them fight Asta and Yuno. That would be a very cool 2v2.

I've thought about that possibility as well. We were recently introduced to the concept of saint stage, but the only characters who have access to that are the 3 known spirit hosts. If the Paladins retain some holy powers after their defeat, then that would spread saint magic among the rest of the cast, perhaps in preparation for some kind of a final battle against the devils after Lucius has been dealt with.
Asta counters lily biggest thing which is spatial domination. Lily wasn’t not a very skilled fighter from the jump. I imagined that lucius wisdom does help them with this but still if u were combat fighter before like heath then I imagine ur overall skills would be better . Lily didn’t even actually want to kill asta too .It’s honestly hard to take the current known paladins very serious when u look at who became paladins . Yea they got a big power boost and all but does their skills fully match up that power ?

Savior

Reaction score
Country
United States
suppose this just establishes that Lucius is the only one who poses a threat to Asta (and Yuno) at this point, and vice versa. The outcome of the upcoming Judgement Day will come down to those three
Your forgetting Ryu

Phaizzy

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I think a lot of ppl misunderstand. One could argue that Asta Vs Lucifer was him being trained. Him dying and coming back even stronger.

it’s not far fetched for Asta to beat Lily because all he’s doing is fighting a devil… a devil who is essentially on the same level as Asta. We saw Asta Vs Lucious. Not lily so we weren’t able to fully gauge her strength.

not to mention Lily normal affinity is water which her water is trash. It’s not like he made Mereoleona a paladin.

but Asta being able to cut magic has always been a thing. Sucks that he don’t use his other magics any more sadly.

Zu_Le

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I could be wrong, but from what I gathered Lily never wanted to kill Asta, but tried to anyway (with intent) because she believes "Lucius is right" confirming that her priority changed via soul magic, rather than another personality taking over, almost like Lelouche's geass.

When she fitst transported Asta, she even says "im sorry" before zapping him w/ spatial magic. Then this chapter she even reaffirms she tried to kill him, and even tries to again (she literally wrote a new spell this chapter too to try to kill him) and is still confused about his survival. There's not really a "subconscious" in this aspect since they said "Lily is still Lily" With that being said, I suspect the sea tainted with the dragon's yoryuko that connects to hell & distorts time and space might be part of it. And I'm definitely betting on thst the "oni" spills that Ichika took is connected to that black sea as well considered it mutated the local aquatic species into "demon" variations since they exhibit weg (horns ect)

Samusamu

Reaction score
Country
United States
I think a lot of ppl misunderstand. One could argue that Asta Vs Lucifer was him being trained. Him dying and coming back even stronger.

it’s not far fetched for Asta to beat Lily because all he’s doing is fighting a devil… a devil who is essentially on the same level as Asta. We saw Asta Vs Lucious. Not lily so we weren’t able to fully gauge her strength.

not to mention Lily normal affinity is water which her water is trash. It’s not like he made Mereoleona a paladin.

but Asta being able to cut magic has always been a thing. Sucks that he don’t use his other magics any more sadly.
We literally don’t even know how much power the paladins actually hold bc we never got a comparison /statement so it just vague so I don’t get why ppl complaining about this . I said something similar it’s not like Mereo became paladin it was Lily of all people. Lucius says they was given wisdom as well so that should help with lily meh fighting skills but even then her spatial magic abilities holy grail is spatial domination which is useless to asta and she can’t forcible teleport him either unless he’s immobile . He’s her worst matchup ever . I hope heath actually show off some cool stuff . Since out of these three he’s the only one that actually was fighter with skills(even though it was way bck). I can’t say anything about yrul since we really don’t know anything about his background .