Seinen - Blame! by Nihei Tsutomu (v10) | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Seinen Blame! by Nihei Tsutomu (v10)

rodnylee

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
All right... i'll quickly summerize this manga, then ask some questions that have been bothering me

This manga is drawn by Tsutomu Nihei, who also drew the Snikt! comics (of which featured Wolverine from X-Men). Overall, the manga is sketchy, but VERY detailed, with large scenery and attention to minute details. The manga itself centers around Killy, a 'human' who is in search of a certain 'item' (notice the use of quotes). In his journy, he meets friends and foes alike. Friends dont often last long and Foes go even faster as Killy's gun/laser/deathbeam makes short work of anything.

now.... the question thats been bothering me for a while....
can SOMEONE please explain the ending?

SPOILER: why the heck does Killy fall into the pit, and what happens to him?

what is the point of the manga? i get the basic gist, but i feel that there is some hidden meaning i dont understand.

PS. the entire scanlated series can be found at mangatraders.com

shego

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Puerto Rico
Blame Academy! by Nihei Tsutomu (Blame! Spin-Off)

Did anyone grab this before RiTual / Raw-Paradise's bandwith went to the shitter? Where else could I find it?

And what is it? Is it another chapter of Netsphere Engineer?

This is madness, I want to see this!

zindryr

誰も知らない
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Re: BLAME GAKUEN

Blame! Gakuen (as far as I remember from previews and things I've read) is sort of a Blame! parody where Killy goes to school. It's not another NSE chapter.

shego

Reaction score
Country
Puerto Rico

Yes, but here's what happened!:

Nihei drew a new one! X=D

Dhomochevsky

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States

Where did you get that image?

I thought Blame! Gakuen was a side story where the characters are in school. I have been trying to find it but with no luck.

Also, you mentioned Netshpere Engineer. I've only been able to find the first chapter so do you know if the others are out yet?

shego

Reaction score
Country
Puerto Rico

It's very improbable that there will be more Netsphere Engineer, but now we have 2 of BLAME! Academy: BLAME! Academy & Gramgakuen. You'll find both here.

Dhomochevsky

Reaction score
Country
United States

Too bad about Netshere Engineer; I was hoping it might help make some sense of what exactly happened at the end of Blame!

Thanks for the links. I've been looking for more Nihei works. I love the atmosphere his artwork gives off.

shego

Reaction score
Country
Puerto Rico
Re: Blame!

now.... the question thats been bothering me for a while....
can SOMEONE please explain the ending?

SPOILER: why the heck does Killy fall into the pit, and what happens to him?

what is the point of the manga? i get the basic gist, but i feel that there is some hidden meaning i dont understand.
( Don't mean to be an art fag but... ) To me this ( awesome ) shit is like the original Aeon Flux, especially with the random first episodes, you need to see it differently than how you see other workings of sci-fi. The series just reached its ending and that's it, toy with what you saw. It's extremely open, you can assume Killy survived and is on other adventures or he just finally got killed by a creature that had weaponry similar to his.

I never understood Netsphere Engineer ( the one shot sequel ), was that really Killy again only thing his hair changed? It's something that has been left so unclear that you really can't explain the ending of the first BLAME! and you just have to pretend it hasn't happened yet. Or it just won't happen again. I might be wrong since Biomega is seemingly near its end, you gotta wonder what Nihei might do next. Either more Winged Armor Suzumega, BLAME! Academy, or Dead Heads ( I really fucking hope so...lets ask him if he's been playing Dead Rising! ).

Last edited by a moderator:

frostbane

Reaction score
Country
Australia

Biomega hasnt reached the end yet, as far as i can tell. It's still on-going.

shego

Reaction score
Country
Puerto Rico

Yeah but come on, they are racing their motorcycles in outer space, that ooie gooie thing is about to reach the planet connecting itself to that space station, certainly we're in for the intensely graphic denoument real soon!

Dhomochevsky

Reaction score
Country
United States

I never understood Netsphere Engineer ( the one shot sequel ), was that really Killy again only thing his hair changed? It's something that has been left so unclear that you really can't explain the ending of the first BLAME! and you just have to pretend it hasn't happened yet. Or it just won't happen again. I might be wrong since Biomega is seemingly near its end, you gotta wonder what Nihei might do next.
I don't think it's really important what happened to Killy at the end. I think Nihei doesn't really put too much emphasis on characters but more so on the environment. Whatever happened at the end, changed the world.
My belief is that Cibo was carrying a new Netsphere in her belly after she was "reborn" as a Safeguard with the Net Terminal genes. When Killy gets the sphere after killing the big ass "boss", the sphere activates and creates a new Netsphere.
I think that Netsphere Engineer is set some time (hundreds of years) after Blame!. The guy in there looked kind of like Killy but he seemed different.

Biomega is supposed to be way before the events of Blame! but is it before or after Noise?
Wasn't the Megastructure already expanding in Noise? I remember something along the lines of the cult(?) leader saying the Megastructure had reached the Moon. In Biomega, the Megastructure hadn't engulfed the Earth yet.

shego

Reaction score
Country
Puerto Rico

Could someone please RapidShare Biomega #28? RiTual and Controlling.Authority are acting up again and can't get shit.

And please also ban andreafraize again ( GantzerVSNightmare )!

NVM, just ban andrea again. Controlling-Authority is back. I think this new monster delaying Zoichi and grabbing his bike is going to have terrible consequences, for the first time I noticed he looked surprised.

Last edited:

lazyboyrod

Reaction score
Country
Haiti

nice pics

kuroi-san

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Blame!

anyone read the whole series?
i'm just about halfway through and am loving it. very slow, complex narrative, many chapters of little dialogue but lots of action, and above all incredibly gorgeous art. i love it!

if anyone has read it, please come here and we'll talk about favourite scenes and frames and stuff. im on log 39 i think... not 100% sure of that right now as i'm writing this, so please don't spoil me.

apparently there's a sequel and then two prequels too, so that really excites me, considering that they must also be awesome.

if you haven't read it, consider the following!

- gorgeous art
- dark, spooky, techno-wasteland setting
- 256 year timeskips (3 years of training ain't s***, killy rocks 256)
- insanely crazy looking monsters and antagonists
- heads getting exploded
- bodies getting cut in half
- swords getting rammed through peoples heads
- ridiculously powerful guns
- really badass main character

[eni]Merged with the older thread^^ [/eni]

Last edited by a moderator:

shego

Reaction score
Country
Puerto Rico

Finally read NOiSE, never d/led it, bought it today from Tokyopop and I recommend you all do the same. It's very worth having and it really does tie everything in place as far as Biomega and BLAME! are concerned.

I do kinda wish Nihei had come up with a new original series concept with that blade though, that was tight.

LoktarOgar

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
North Korea

@ first pic: Companion?!

TheGenius

Artist
Reaction score
Country
Canada

Have you tried Wolverine Snikt? It's by Nihei-Sensei, it's short but if you know Wolverine , you'll love it!

You can find it here.

Mmod

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Blame!² - Looking For Killy (Blame! Sequel)

The protagonist is a descendant of Pcell. This story happens a long time after the events of Blame!. This young silicon creature knows well the havoc that Killy brought and decides to move towards the end of the megastructure, to look for him.

It was released on March 23rd, with 16 pages in color.

There is more information here:

http://www.e-1day.jp/morning/mandala/
http://www.heeen.de/blame/viewtopic.php?t=999
(Thanks to Schiff, from whom I got this information)
(Thanaks to gasmasktrooper, that uploaded a non blocked version of the pic)

Unfortunanley, there is no RAW available for this... :scry :scry :scry :scry

Last edited: