Bleach 235 Review By Gigantor21 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Bleach 235 Review By Gigantor21

gigantor21

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
235 – The Frozen Clutch

(I actually scanslated this chapter...go to the 235 RTS thread and check it out. Hope you like it!)

Alright! This chapter was awesome, especially compared to last week’s, because it directly addressed my main problem with 234—it focused on all the right parts for the right amount of time. The chapter was split evenly between two of the three fronts of the current battle (which Bleach fans should be used to by now, as I hear), and Kubotite somehow managed to make it so that both basically ended at the perfect moment, leaving us guessing about just about everyone in the current fight.

To be honest, these are my favorite kinds of chapters.

Okay, so we started off with Yammi confirming that Hitsugaya’s Sennen Hyourou killed Luppi…sort of. Since he’s only slightly better than Ichigo was in Chapter 1 at sensing people’s energy, I honestly don’t see how he can tell any more than us readers. So it’s probably safe to keep considering Luppi’s health status as up in the air at this point. Anyway, right at the second page, BAM! Urahara comes out completely unharmed, and wit his sense of humor in tact, to boot. He then proceeds to basically break down his entire strategy against Yammi while successfully dodging and nullifying his Bala—which he’s capable of doing because Yamii had been pummeling a portable Gigai in 234, while Urahara basically analyzed everything about the technique from a distance. The scene ends with Urahara deciding that they should finish this, as we digest the orgy of evidence showing how intellectually badass he is.

Keeping that in mind, I’ll pardon the lack of Benihime Bankai for another week.

Anyway, we shift gears a bit after that, moving back to Grimmjow and Ichigo’s fight—which really can’t be classified as a fight anymore. Right off the bat, Ichigo tries to re-materialize his mask and fails, proving that he’s incapable of doing it again—which means that he can’t fight Grimmjow anymore. Just as he’s about to get Ceroed in half, Rukia steps in and freezes Grimmjow completely with another new Shikai technique (Next Song: White Pulse). That doesn’t really last very long, though, as the chapter ends with Grimmjow breaking free, grabbing Rukia’s face, and charging up a Cero at point-blank range while Ichigo watches on helplessly. I’ve been in the discussion thread and heard some talk of Ichigo re-materializing his mask out of anger or desparation; personally, I think that this is a perfect set-up for someone to come in and save them.

Whether it’s a Vaizard (the best choice), another Shinigami from Soul Society (which would be a bit random, especially if it were a captain), or even Ichigo’s dad (which would be insanely awesome), has yet to be seen. In any case, I figure that if the fight is continued in the next chapter, then that’s what’s going to happen. I’m still holding out hope for Urahara to use his Bankai—though I think that it’d be likely for Yammi to release his sword first and give Urahara some trouble before then. So I doubt we’ll see Urahara’s Bankai until 237 or 238, at the earliest. We’ll probably get an update on Orihime and Ulquiorra next week, for sure—I think, and personally hope, that someone will come in and help her, like a captain or something. Zaraki with a new Shikai would be nice…

Anyway, this chapter was really good, and made only better by the fact that it was released so early, along with Naruto and One Piece (which both had excellent chapters, too, though One Piece has been on a year-long streak with those). I can’t wait until next week’s chapter.

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Please register to see the content of this post.

gigantor21

Reaction score
Country
United States

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

ibra87

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany

gigantor21

Reaction score
Country
United States

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi