Bleach 252 Review By Gigantor21 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Bleach 252 Review By Gigantor21

gigantor21

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
(I scanslated this week’s chapter, albeit not that well. It’s up on the R/T/S thread.)

252. Rebut to The Baron’s Lecture

This weeks’ chapter was more compelling plot-wise, as it distances Nell from the “Arrancar version of Ganjyu/Hanatarou” role she’s been in ever since the current arc started. Nell’s ability to block, swallow and return an Espada’s Cero was the first real surprise that I’ve seen in a chapter of Bleach in weeks, and it was damn refreshing.

There were also a few genuinely hilarious moments, especially in the dialogue between Renji and Dondochakka. I think that it’s mostly because it’s almost impossible to take Dondochizzle seriously at all. I mean, he does look like a giant kid in a REALLY bad Halloween costume. Couple that with his neurosis, and it’s hard not to laugh at him—but the fact that Kubo can get us not to, even for a second, is just indicative of his storytelling skill.

The foreshadowing, along with Nell’s unexpected rescue, made the arc more interesting but not the Ichigo-Doldooni fight. It still feels like its being stretched to me, but I think it’s due to the fact that Ichigo’s “HASSAN CHOP!!” fighting style is getting dull. I want to see him fight more cerebrally, in order to compensate for the fact that he can’t use his reiatsu (and speed in Bankai) to overwhelm all his opponents…not yet at least.

I want to see who everyone else is fighting next week. Specifically, I want an update on what Rukia is doing right now, as we haven’t seen her at all in a whole month. And while I don’t expect to see it next week, I would like an update on what the Vaizards are planning on doing, as Kubo has been rather dodgy about that since we were first introduced to them, like, almost a year ago.

Rating: 3.5/5

Nell, Dondochakka and Renji made this chapter more fun to read, and more important, than last week’s chapter. But Nell’s “Badass Level-Up” isn’t making Ichigo’s fight with Doldooni much more interesting.

Athena

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Please register to see the content of this post.

gigantor21

Reaction score
Country
United States

mugen

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Mexico

gigantor21

Reaction score
Country
United States

mugen

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Mexico

gigantor21

Reaction score
Country
United States