Bleach 255 Review by Gigantor21 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Bleach 255 Review by Gigantor21

gigantor21

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
(Inana, a relatively new member on the forum, has stated that he wants to do some reviews for Bleach, too. Personally, I think it’s a great idea, since I haven’t been all that reliable about it.)

255. Don’t Breathe In The Bush

Finally, after weeks of complaining about it, Kubo has given me what I wanted—updates on what the others have been doing while Ichigo and Co. have invaded the place. Just based on that alone, this chapter was much better than the last few, but it went even further still, giving us a bit more insight into the dynamics between the three at the top—Gin, Aizen and Tousen—and hinting at plotting being done behind the scenes by the Espada. Granted, Aizen knew all about it, but still…

On the dynamic between the three ex-captains running Las Noches, reading this chapter changed my view of the way Aizen views Tousen and Gin. I figured that he just saw them both as tools, but his conversation with Gin suggested that he respects Gin more than Tousen—most likely because he’s the only subordinate he has now that isn’t being intimidated or manipulated by him. And unlike Hinamori, Gin isn’t madly in love with him, which would also help to explain his more colloquial relationship with Aizen.

It was interesting to see that there are some Espada doing their own thing behind Aizen’s back. It adds another layer to the arc as a whole—though it may just be another SS-Arc throwback, since Aizen’s conspiracy was used as a subplot that eventually tied everything together. Hopefully, it won’t end up being like that, and there will be more to it than Aizen is aware of.

We also finally got a good look at another Privaron, who’s just as eccentric in design and personality as Doldooni was. Chirucchi reminded me of those 12 identical sisters from Kubo’s first series, Zombie Powder, which was a pleasant surprise. Her yo-yo zanpakuto, Gondolina, looked kind of dinky, though, and her release in the next chapter didn’t really make up for it. However, as someone on the forum pointed out, the fact that the Privaron’s aren’t going to last long lets Kubo do whatever he wants with them, so it won’t matter in the long run.

Rating – 4/5

All in all, it was a really good chapter. In fact, I felt like I got as much out of this chapter as in 250 through 254 altogether. I didn’t feel like I had to stretch what happened in the chapter to make it seem significant, and it was damn refreshing.

mugen

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Mexico
Please register to see the content of this post.

Luckas

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Italy

gigantor21

Reaction score
Country
United States

Luckas

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Italy

gigantor21

Reaction score
Country
United States

Luckas

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Italy

gigantor21

Reaction score
Country
United States

Luckas

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Italy