Bleach 275 Review by Gigantor21 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Bleach 275 Review by Gigantor21

gigantor21

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
275. United Front 2 [Red and White]

Woo boy, this going to be one hell of a turnaround.

Before I start, a little background. After quickly going through the RAW the first time, I was shocked by how Renji managed to not only trap, but actually do serious damage to Zaeruapollo. Then, after seeing Ishida pull a Hatenkou on Zael with Seelen Schneider, I was just pissed. Declaring that this chapter could make the fight “the worst in the entire series”, I waited in a huff for the chapter to come out and hopefully prove me wrong.

It did.

After Kyuubi_no_Gaki quelled my mostly unfounded rage through reason, and reading the scanlated version, I must say that this chapter was pretty good. That’s not to say it doesn’t have any problems, but it definitely didn't deserve the 2 out of 5 I was planning to give it if the translation didn’t clear things up.

First what I liked:

- After all the floundering and Apollo’s arrogant indignation, it was refreshing to see Renji finally take a chunk out of him.
- The random filler with Pesche and Dondochizzle was actually funny.
- The way Kubo rendered the sequence where Renji captured Apollo looked amazing.
- Ishida saying “peace out, biatch” in Spanish before owning Apollo was immensely satisfying.
- The very last panel, with Ishida calmly walking away from the Kamehameha-level blast, was one of the most badass in the series.

Now, what I didn’t like:

- There was NO progress made on any of the other subplots in the arc. Which is a bit of a problem, since this fight is the one I’m least interested in.
- The chapter went through everything too fast, especially near the end. Instead of the random Desert Brothers banter, Kubo could’ve easily used that panel space to explain how those Seelen Schneider weren’t sealed or how they made such a big explosion when they’re just modified arrow-swords. Everything just felt so rushed.
- Why was Renji able to do so much damage with the Kidou if he sucks at it? If he isn’t good at controlling the strength of the blast, then wasn’t it a bit too convenient for it to be that strong?
- The cover was really lame, especially compared to the first United Front chapter.

Overall, it was a decent read, but the hurried pacing and the random conveniences in Ishida’s plot hurt it. But, on a very high note, the fight’s probably not going to last much longer, which means that updates on everyone else are virtually unavoidable. So I’m really looking forward to that.

Rating – 3.5 out of 5 (Good)

Quartz-pebble

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Please register to see the content of this post.

gigantor21

Reaction score
Country
United States

momotaro84

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Yugoslavia

gigantor21

Reaction score
Country
United States

momotaro84

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Yugoslavia

gigantor21

Reaction score
Country
United States

Luckas

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Italy