Shounen - Blue Dragon by Takano Tsuneo & Obata Takeshi | Page 24 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Blue Dragon by Takano Tsuneo & Obata Takeshi

Houjou

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Mongolia
Re: Blue Dragon 27 Discussion

I'm happy that the two great shadow owner's separate friendly ^^

kirios

Banned
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Paraguay

thanks

Alkador

Translator
Reaction score
Country
Australia

It was about time Mio took some responsibility! I'm glad she's finally got herself a shadow!

Hmmm, and this Black Rhino business sounds interesting...wonder how it'll come into play with the story?

Houjou

Reaction score
Country
Mongolia

There's a thing I still don't get: is there anyone who already has the Clear Human shadow?

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Blue Dragon 28 Discussion

Get the latest chapter here.

Have fun discussing.

Alkador

Translator
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Re: Blue Dragon 28 Discussion

If the series is going to end, I can see it concluding next week...but...I'd hate to see it go, I was just really getting into translating it!

Sulimo

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands

Blue Dragon: Ral Rush Ω Grad
It has been renamed!
still though, why the sudden ending? :| 1 and a half chapter for the fight with the main vilain from the series?

Alkador

Translator
Reaction score
Country
Australia

Yeah, I was quite taken aback by this. I mean, there was that evil woman who was said about losing Yaya and not being happy and all.

And now, they've got Bira and the Rhino all in one chapter...hrm. Strange stuff.

RIP. Lela and Senol's Shadows.
and Biyon and the over Five Royal Knights. =P

Goji

Reaction score
Country
Belgium

It's already almost over?! o_O
Nooooo! It's such a good manga, I really like it!
Still, I'm happy that it has a quick pace.... mixed feelings I guess.

Looking forward to the next one! ^^

bax

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Blue Dragon 29 Discussion

The last chapter of Blue Dragon is HERE!!

Well, now it's ending, how about it we discuss it a bit more? :p

Kibate

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Re: Blue Dragon 29 Discussion

it's really kinda sad that it already ends after only 19 chapters[edit]whoops, meant to say 29[/edit], but somehow im glad too, because even though the action was drawn very good i still think his art is more suited for stuff like hikaru no go and deathnote, not fantasy

Last edited:

Houjou

Reaction score
Country
Mongolia

Hey, Kibate, thera re 29 chapters, not 19!

I disagree with people who thinks it's better finishing it now. The main argument was good, the two first main characters were great (the others that jointed later sucked a lot)... maybe the mistake was making that Obscuria the main villain of the series. There could have been more organizations, groups or whatever; or even tournaments... it could have been a great and long adventure...

Alkador

Translator
Reaction score
Country
Australia

Hmmm, it had potential, but it fell at side. I mean, what was up with them travelling to Obscuria and fighting her in the very next chapter? Extremely rushed indeed (almost felt like someone suffered a breakdown after watching Naruto Fillers).

Ah well, was good fun, a good read and I got into it.

And poor Mio. Heart broken. =(

phatspy

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Trinidad and Tobago

well the series was amazingbut I mean far too shorta bit more depth should have been added but it was enjoyable to read it had amazing ecchi but the last 4 chapters were far too rushed they met the phoenix the rhino and the invisible human basically at the same time the storylinethough was well thought out it had potential to be one of the great mangas but the plot needed more but I think the author willproducea good manga in the near future an evenbetter manga

Clod

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Azerbaijan

i'm very very sad that it's come to an end. this was really great manga and had potential to go on for years. the main topic was kinda original, different than other adventure mangas.
obviously there're some sort of problems related to the manga that we don know, but whatever the reason this manga should have continued for some time.

Stollen

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Italy

Would be indeed nice to know the real reason behind the premature end.
Somehow tough I don't think it ended 'cause of lack of interest from readers. This manga wasn't by any mean bad; the story was good enough, setting was quite good, art was amazing and should have attracted also the many Death Note's fans (I actually started reading this manga 'cause of curiosity towards Obata's new chara designs). The real downpoint I see about it was the fact that it was based on a videogame franchise (ye, story and charas are original but the setting and the title aren't) which maybe could mean less money for Shueisha? ..that's somethign I can't know :p
Hence the reasons that could be behind in my opinion this could be:
- Lack of interest towards the Blue Dragon franchise.
- Obata beginning working on a new TOTALLY ORIGINAL manga; which would of course get priority.
- Some personal/family reason of the two artists behind this manga...
I really can't picture out this manga being ended 'cause not appreciate by Weekly Jump's readers.

Last edited:

zindryr

誰も知らない
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Re: Blue Dragon [SUBFORUM CLOSED]

You guys want to know why Blue Dragon ended so soon? The real reason?

It was a game promotion manga. That's it. That's really all there was to it being so short.

As soon as the deal ran out with Shounen Jump for the promotion combined with the fact that it wasn't an extremely popular series made it end. They might have been expecting to get a few more chapters (but were informed that they weren't getting another volume's worth), hence why the ending feels rushed. Another volume's worth of chapters would probably have been plenty to end the series properly. (Approx. 13 chapters instead of 4.)

It was a fun ride while it lasted, though.

Houjou

Reaction score
Country
Mongolia

You guys want to know why Blue Dragon ended so soon? The real reason?

It was a game promotion manga. That's it. That's really all there was to it being so short.

As soon as the deal ran out with Shounen Jump for the promotion combined with the fact that it wasn't an extremely popular series made it end. They might have been expecting to get a few more chapters (but were informed that they weren't getting another volume's worth), hence why the ending feels rushed. Another volume's worth of chapters would probably have been plenty to end the series properly. (Approx. 13 chapters instead of 4.)

It was a fun ride while it lasted, though.
The anime is also for just promotion? :S

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Yeah, but the anime is far more faithful to the actual game's plot, so doesn't seem as choppy as RG did.

ZoddGuts

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Would be indeed nice to know the real reason behind the premature end.
Somehow tough I don't think it ended 'cause of lack of interest from readers. This manga wasn't by any mean bad; the story was good enough, setting was quite good, art was amazing and should have attracted also the many Death Note's fans (I actually started reading this manga 'cause of curiosity towards Obata's new chara designs). The real downpoint I see about it was the fact that it was based on a videogame franchise (ye, story and charas are original but the setting and the title aren't) which maybe could mean less money for Shueisha? ..that's somethign I can't know :p
Hence the reasons that could be behind in my opinion this could be:
- Lack of interest towards the Blue Dragon franchise.
- Obata beginning working on a new TOTALLY ORIGINAL manga; which would of course get priority.
- Some personal/family reason of the two artists behind this manga...
I really can't picture out this manga being ended 'cause not appreciate by Weekly Jump's readers.
If your talking about what's his doing for SQ Magazine that's going to be only a one-shot comic so it shouldn't have affected his work on Blue Dragon.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...re-to-replace-monthly-shonen-jump-in-november

The manga has sold well enough to make it in the top ten sells in Japan. The first volume was at number 10 when it first came out. http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2007-04-18/japanese-comic-ranking-april-11-17

Don't know if readers lost interest since then but it showed that it had some potential for this series.

I disagree with people who thinks it's better finishing it now. The main argument was good, the two first main characters were great (the others that jointed later sucked a lot)... maybe the mistake was making that Obscuria the main villain of the series. There could have been more organizations, groups or whatever; or even tournaments... it could have been a great and long adventure...
I thought she had potential to be a good villain. Especially if at the end she had either escaped or defeated Ral and the gang but before leaving she would have taken Mio's body. Now that would have been interesting if that had happen. Making Obscuria even more of a intersting villain now that Mio is "her" because we've gotten to know and like Mio she was a pretty likeable character but now she's the villain. Obscuria could mention that Mio is the ultimate body for her so she won't discard her like the previous girls so that would make Mio as Obscuria till she's finally saved/defeated by Ral.

But before saving Mio Ral could have had other adventures while trying to find Obscuria/Mio again. Like getting stronger/tournaments/other villains etc. Shame that won't happen who knows what would have happend if the series had lasted longer could have been a really great adventure. :(

Last edited: