Shoujo Boku no Hatsukoi wo Kimi ni Sasagu by AOKI Kotomi

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

Boku no Hatsukoi wo Kimi ni Sasagu (I Give My First Love To You)
By: AOKI Kotomi
Genre: Romance, Tragedy,
Serialized In: Shojo Comic
Scanlated By: Starry Heaven
RTS

Takuma and Mayu's story began when they were only 8 years old. During his childhood, Takuma was constantly hospitalised due to his heart condition. He soon became friends with Mayu, the daughter of the doctor in charge of his case. Day by day they grew closer and closer. However, the summer when Takuma was 8, he made a promise to Mayu that he couldn't keep... Their story unfolds as they grow older and their bond gets stronger...

Nami

Queen of The Damned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
Re: [Featured Series][Shojo] Boku no Hatsukoi wo Kimi ni Sasagu by AOKI Kotomi

Ahhh...I've read this but gave it up somewhere. The story just gets kind of focused between these characters and impending tragedy is just too hard for me to digest. But my guess is those who wants angst will like this. Anyone reading this series, how's the development so far? :)

Kaiten

Harasho
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

I've only read as far as Edited Mangas go (chapter 32) so I'm less than half way finished. As of their high school years the story is a bit to focused on Mayu and Takuma but it's early enough that the story really centers around him trying to understand his feelings for her. There hasn't been much angst yet, not much moping about mortality. It effects the way he acts but there hasn't been much moping, yet.

Elleian

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States

How's the art? i looked at the first few pages of the first chapter and it completely turned me away.. does it get better? or does the manga-ka have a special awkward way of drawing toddlers and everything?

Kaiten

Harasho
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

This chapter is a good example. Her style is typical of ShoComi and Betsucomi, harder lines and more angular features than the other major anthologies. An acquired taste depending on what you've read before. I like Aoki - sensei's writing a lot, not my favorite art but it's a good enough read that I learned to live with it.

duchess of dork

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines

hey,seeing this thread reminded me that this series is on the list of other titles i started reading last december since my fav nana went on hiatus and had no other manga pick left than shonen naruto... its a random pick but i think the story has 'some' nice shoujo beat to watch out for...

and impending tragedy is just too hard for me to digest. But my guess is those who wants angst will like this. Anyone reading this series, how's the development so far? :)
as cheesy as shoujos go, the story isnt as tragic as it promises to be, id say

Last edited:

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: [Shojo] Boku no Hatsukoi wo Kimi ni Sasagu by AOKI Kotomi

Seeing this thread in this board reminded me that I need to catch up with Boku Kimi. Thank you for reminding me of that, Kaiten-kun! :) I checked chapter 32 the other day and it was very good, especially the last pages of the chapter.
I also recently watched the latest trailer of the J-movie and I so can’t wait to see it!!
It looks great!

[kaiten]lol! I need to catch up too. By the end of the week I promise to discuss with you :)[/kaiten]

Last edited by a moderator:

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: [Shoujo] Boku no Hatsukoi wo Kimi ni Sasagu by AOKI Kotomi

[trailer] Boku no Hatsukoi wo Kimi ni Sasagu – live-action

The movie with subs is already out!!! I so can’t wait to watch it. :) I’m finally going to find out what happens with Mayu and Takuma. I just hope that the drama ending is the same or at least very similar to the ending in the manga.

Last edited: