1. We Never Learn, U19, Demon Prince Poro's Diaries, Hungry Marie, Dr. Stone, Robot x Laserbeam. Tell us what you think of the newest additions to the WSJ line-up HERE!
  2. The new season of the Anime League is here! Tell us which new Anime of this season you liked the most so far!
  3. The Waifu Wars 2017 are over. Time for applause!
  4. This web comic needs more readers. So what are you waiting for? Read :D.
  5. Congratulations Jammin & Purity of Magi for winning the Manhwa Freestyle contest!, and well done to the other participants!.

New Week, New Contest!
    Time to get coloring! The theme is Pets Coloring.

Voting has begun for the Flower Banner contest!.
  6. The very first Manga Wars have begun! Nominate your Manga now!
  7. Starting from mid-February or so we'll be going through the media gallery and sorting through the submissions there to ensure they match with our recent changes listed in the Media Gallery Guide.
    As such some media files will be removed, so please be sure to look through your media and ensure it is up to requirements If you have any questions, contact a global/admin.
In case you've missed it, Mangahelpers is recruiting new Moderators/News Writers. If you're interested, please read HERE for more information.
Though artists in particular, everyone please do check out the [MEDIA GUIDE] , as there are information relevant for you all. Thanks!

Chapter Boku no Hero Academia 153 Discussion / 154 Predictions Thread

Discussion in 'Boku no Hero Academia' started by ShenGao, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Kariya

Kariya Registered User

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner

Hungary
    Make a copy of the boss and switch him with it... and leave the real one behind in a place the police would find it.

The whole Eri thing should be over in this arc, it would be like a running gag if they keep kidnapping her.

I think Overhaul is going to die, maybe destroy himself rather than be captured.

Demonspeed likes this.
  2. Kato756

Kato756 Registered User

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member

Brazil
    1) I am kinda happy that LockRock is not just a random dick, good thing on the author to make him a bit more sympahtetic
    2) Mirio´s costume color scheme SUCKS, jesus.
    3) I can´t help but say that if he was slowed down, Aizawa´s bliking shouldn´t be so fast.
    4)Do wonder how deku will win against Overhaul
    5)Considering Overhauls PL, I am glad Mirio is out, he is far too broken

3. Aonori

Aonori Registered User

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity

Portugal
    Damn if Overhaul's quirk keeps up this level of hax he could end up on AFO level lol (he just needs to do this move to a few more dozen quirk users...)

The question now is how does that move work like will Overhaul be like that permanently? Does get to keep Nemuto's quirk for himself without turning into a noumo due to how he did it? Will both nemuto and overhaul be sharing their minds for like ever?:s kinda creepy.

If this keeps up not even Endeavour might be a match for currentl Overhaul.
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 13, 2017, Original Post Date: Sep 13, 2017 ---
    It's too soon to end overhaul the LoV isnt all on the spot, Overhaul has 8 precepts that will step in if things get life threatning for him, his quirk is too valuable to have him killed off remember the LoV has no healers, his anti quirk bullets are too important plotwise to have the whole scheme end here.

The best top heroes arent available to stop current overhaul and current overhaul is clearly Endeavour level or + because of his chimera move. Mirio is done for and he can still use the serum as a back-up plan to get away from the place if things get too much dangerous for overhaul all he needs to do is absorb Chrono and get another boost his defeat is simply no feasible at this point, maybe if Deku went 100% with his legs but will overhaul wait at this point or just escape? He's escaping.

4. SoulAuron

SoulAuron Registered User

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

Brazil
    considering overhauls quirk he should be able to go back to normal if he wants to, and based on him saying nemuto should sacrifice himself i think he will not be able to return nemuto to normal, this ability probably has a time limit because i dont think the fusion is perfect, wich would mean overhaul has to constantly use his quirk to keep it together, that means he will eventually have to cancel it as it will drain all his energy otherwise.

5. Aonori

Aonori Registered User

Portugal
    This is guaranteed.

This I disagree, Overhaul, did this fusion because otherwise he would´ve his quirk erased by Aizawa and be rendered useless, but by doing this fusion even if Aizawa erases his "Overhaul" he can still keep Nemuto fusioned with him, because his quirk´s eff is permanent, unless he himself reuses his quirk to undo the fusion, so Overhaul´s quirk has no time limit since otherwise Aizawa would sabotage the move easily,he could even erase at least 1 quirk from the first noumo, so there´s no way he couldnt erase "Overhaul".

Now what could happen is that Overhaul might´ve to undo the fusion later (if he even can I´ll explain this on the next phragraph) do to issues like sharing a different incompatible blood type with Nemuto or having the other share a part of his conscience now.

If all Overhaul needed was "I need to get healed" he could´ve just used one of Nemuto´s arms or something but he went for a fusion between both because he cant counter Eraserhead otherwise, this move might even bring worse health consequences for Overhaul later down the road, because when we see him killing his minions for failure or when he killed Magne he didnt bother using them for fusion fodder, to enhance himself, this is fishy, if Overhaul wants to be next AFO, has a very strong versatile quirk that lets him do stuff like this, why doesnt he do it, more often to help him reach AFO level sooner? Why do we only see it being done now since, also so far we didnt saw him being able to use the quirk directly on just himself, for healing or anything and after fusing with Nemuto both are technically one now, so can he even de-fuse now? If we go by FMA logic he cant and there´s a lot of FMA logic into his quirk.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  6. Koi Kage

Koi Kage Registered User

United States
    I'm pretty sure If Aizawa used his quirk on Overhaul now both quirks would be erased since he was able to erase all the villains quirks that suneater fought for a short time so I find it hard to believe that he couldn't erase both Ovrerhaul's and Nemtuo's quirk, though it all really depends if Overhaul is actually able to take Nemuto's quirk as his own once they became one. Personally I think Horikoshi is writing himself into a corner with Overhaul this arc.

7. Kariya

Kariya Registered User

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner

Hungary
    He didnt let them use it in the first place, first time the crystals came out of bald guy was after he left..

I think if a quirk creates something out of your body, the process of creating is the quirk, the body parts and whatnot are not the actual quirks, but leftover substance.

what I dont understand btw is how Chonos quirk relates to Mirios..

Mirio was wary of Chronos quirk, and he knew what it is... so the arrow thing wouldnt just go through him? the condition is "cut by" it, but it shouldnt be able to cut him.

And how was Chrono planning to use it with the gun? or if he didnt, why Mirio thought he shouldnt let him get hit by it? and if his quirk can affect Mirio, why havent he tried to actually use it on him?

8. Aonori

Aonori Registered User

Portugal
    Nope there´s a cap to how many quirks Aizawa can Erase with his quirk, hence why he couldnt do jackshit to the first Noumo, because he had at least more than one Strength and Speed boosting quirk, so he ended up erasing one of those quirks and still said it had a PL compared to AM.

I think he can only erase one quirk if he targets fusioned Overhaul, unless his improvements Tsuyu mentioned were even bigger than what we initially expected, but even so he cant undo the fusion that way, the fusion is "permanent" unless Overhaul can reuse his quirk now targetting "himself" as I said before, what we also dont know is if Overhaul now has Nemuto´s quirk because fusion, since quirks work by genetics we can assume he has it now, until it´s said otherwise.

9. Calbalacrab

Calbalacrab Registered User

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member

Italy
    What if Toga steals Eri's blood? This way she can transform and use her ability...

10. ShenGao

ShenGao Mangahelper

Mangahelper

Germany
    Toga can't use the quirks of other people.

11. Demonspeed

Demonspeed Quagmire

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member

Global Moderator

France
    I wonder if Ryukyu's team will come to help.

That would be very cruel, but I don't think it would satisfy Shigaraki. If they do this and steal her blood however, it would. The VA would be able to produce the bullets without anyone's help.

Eri needs to be safe though I agree.

Something tells me that with Twice's help they could do something similar. Maybe they stole some of her blood already or know where they can find it. Considering how Overhaul treats her it would not surprise me.

12. kkck

kkck MH Senpai

神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike

Galactic Empire
    An ok chapter. The most interesting part of the chapter was the evidence of common sense. Not too much but at least it is something compared to parade of astonishing stupidity which the previous chapters had graced up with. Aizawa is at least considering retreat as an option (though they should have probably done that and reconsidered their options from the moment their plan failed) and as usual rock lock has his priorities in order. Shame that while he evidences common sense he never does anything about it. Nor really tries too hard to do anything about it either. On the other hand, after evidencing some common sense in doing the final push (because who gives a fuck at this point) then he makes the point that he doesn't have concerns over the kids anymore. I guess he is neutral common sense wise.

Have they still not found suneater and red riot? I wonder if suneater bleed to death... I could tolerate mirio getting his powers back if in turn suneater bleed to death offscreen. I want this arc to have consequences, the staggering stupidity we have seen should not go unpunished.

I guess the white elephant in the room is what exactly will the villain alliance do at this point. The best case scenario I would argue is them stealing the anti quirk serum. Thus making the bulk of the mission moot. I guess they could be targetting the old man that took chisaki in. They could also be aiming for eri... which would be brilliant.

desin24 likes this.
  13. Aonori

Aonori Registered User

Portugal
    They should Overhaul´s power boost is serious business nobody in that place can handle it one on one, I think we are about to see a team effort to take him down, until Overhaul´s Precepts are called in to help him retreat.

Just have him clone Eri and get away with the deed, however I doubt Overhaul and the 8 Precepts would allow such a thing, without having a way to force the LoV to work with them.

I´ve been thinking about this, Overhaul might be planning to use Twice´s ability as a back-up in case he loses Eri, but he would´ve to force the LoV into cooperating with him, afterwards, probably by blackmail, using "Overhaul" in some way shape or form, to put Toga or Twice in a life or death situation where the League will be basically forced to keep Overhaul around, or risk losing a important member, since both Toga and Twice are of the outmost importance to the gang (Toga because Izuku´s blood and Twice because Eri clone), Shigaraki will have to basically deal with Overhaul until he gets the AFO quirk and then he wont be a threat to him any longer.

I´m liking this idea of making a Eri clone, since it nerfs Twice´s aditional clones, but it has to be done while respecting Overhaul and the Precepts, or it´s just plain bad writting, I dont like Toga´s idea of trying to kill Overhaul right now, because she´s clearly underestimating him (a lot of characters been doing this off lately).
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 13, 2017, Original Post Date: Sep 13, 2017 ---
    The notion of Common sense as been lacking whenever it comes to how to deal with Overhaul, the heroes think they can just bust right in on his base and capture him without bringing their best guns, the cops are hypetard morons who felt more for the LoV threat, rather than that of Overhaul a literal alchemist doing as he pleases for months, crafting anti-quirk bullets, this chap just proves this by their lines, they never consideered the Yakuza a big deal, the only one who seemed serious about the fucking operation was Rock Lock, because he had the common sense to notice Overhaul´s methods and agenda are that of a far more dangerous villain than what most heroes deal with, on a regular basis.

The problem here is that, Overhaul and his guyz are being treated with disrespect when they are easily bigger threats than Stain, heroes didnt learn their lesson from the Stain incident and deserve to be humbled of their egos once again, cant say the LoV´s plan is much better, yes it makes sense for them to get Overhaul killed when he´s weakened, but here´s the thing, Overhaul´s quirk can kill Toga and Twice in one touch, if they use clones, he will figure out they are plotting against them and use his quirk for possible blackmail and even if he got mortally wounded he has fodder available to heal and boost himself up, I hope Toga and Twice dont actually try to kill Overhaul, it might backfire massively. Whats funny is that if "Overhaul" had been a reasonably nerfed quirk, there wouldnt be much bashing but it clearly isnt and the fact Overhaul can get anti-quirk bullets made should´ve been enough to get Endeavour on the job, I hope Overhaul delivers properly by the end of this arc, because this series needs a villain like him for future arcs.

Best case scenario (both villain parties): Overhaul the Precepts, Toga and Twice return with the serum, (eri being rescued or cloned is irrelevant), Mirio loses his quirk permanently.
    Worst case scenario (precepts): Overhaul´s villain days are over because he´s either killed or put to Tartarus, his precepts do nothing about it or are unable to and become a joke, effectively proving that the Heroes and the LoV were right to underestimate Overhaul, after that it´s either a matter of which of the remaining 2 groups (heroes/LoV) gets and loses

Best case scenario (heroes): Twice and Overhaul are imprisoned and Eri is rescued, without Eri or a clone and 1 of the key members of each group the LoV and the Precepts, being imprisoned, they now are much more weaker and will be easier to aprehend later by the heroes.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  14. ShenGao

ShenGao Mangahelper

Mangahelper

Germany
    Overhaul's fusion creates more problems for the heroes than just his new health and strength. He is like the Reservoir Hounds gang when he fused them with their car: a mutant hybrid. Aizawa couldn't possibly erase this state as his quirk doesn't affect mutants and even the anti-quirk bullets would probably not be able to change Overhaul back. He is now a mutant with 4 arms and these 2 new arms are 2 new limbs. Destroying them by ripping them off is most likely prohibited by law because it would be the use of excessive force. Heroes are supposed to stop villains, not mutilate them.

The only way to stop Overhaul now would be to knock him out or break all of his 4 arms.

15. Calbalacrab

Calbalacrab Registered User

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member

Italy
    Oh you are right, I confused the light-colored slime-like substance she went into when she was Camie for a stolen quirk lol

16. Wookitake

Wookitake Registered User

Brazil
    Errr...I'm a bit thorn in regards to Overhaul's ability to merge with other people. That's a bit lame IMO...and a bit different from everything BnHA has been delivering. Odd to say the least.

The chapter was nice, but as it has been during this arc, it's just too crowded. I hope it ends soon. Overhaul and Chrono leaving, w/ or w/o Eri, Toga and Twice doind the damage they want (if not too serious) and let's move on quickly.

17. Aonori

Aonori Registered User

Portugal
    As a FMA/FMAB viewer, I also have second thoughts about this, too his quirk is basically straight up alchemy, with barely any weaknesses, like we only see Overhaul getting proper consequences to his health, when he deconstructs but doesnt reconstruct (acting like Scar basically), it´s quite a inconsistent quirk weakness wise for the rest of the abilities and even that weakness could be probably taken out of the equation if Overhaul decided to just heal himself up by using fodder. It´s also sad to see that Hori isnt taking any proper moves to try and adapt this quirk more to the BnH world, but of course after having Mirio overpower Overhaul plus aide on 1 chapter and have him continue to do so after losing his quirk, of freakin´ course Hori would´ve no choice to but to find a way to power-up Overhaul, so he wouldnt turn up to be joke, before his precepts even came in.

I dont get though, why would Nemuto end up dead from the fusion, whereas the guys that got fused with the car, didnt and they actually got more healthy from it? Is it because it´s a organic/organic fusion and therefore the rules being applied are different?

18. Aloy

Aloy Registered User

England
    I suspect he make his return during the prison break arc.

19. Wookitake

Wookitake Registered User

Brazil
    Yeah, this development seems a bit off...
    When I read it I had a feeling similar to some Bleach and Naruto chapters, that's not good. I don't want Horikoshi to deviate like that again. Well, at least that's my view.

And I mean, what's the point of this fusion? Why couldn't he use the concrete from the building to make him stronger, instead of another human? That shit is weird. I don't like where this is heading.

20. Demonspeed

Demonspeed Quagmire

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member

Global Moderator

France
    Quirk weaknesses become less apparent as you control it better and grow. It depends on the Quirk itself but still. Chisaki reached that level because he trained his Quirk obviously and he is an adult.

I guess he killed him because his consciousness would trouble him? Maybe one has to die for full control or it's impossible with two intelligent beings. A car can't think.

He must be planning to use Nemoto's Quirk for something. What would concrete add in this situation? The ones here can easily break it.