1. Want to try an epicly kawaii RPG? Check this out!
  2. It's time for the Autumn Art contest! Submissions for Autumn Video Contest has begun. Create a video that fills our hearts with this year's fall.

The winner of the Chibi Avatar and Signature contest is Organizized! Congratulations!
  3. The Manga League is finally here!
  4. The new season of the Anime League is here!
  5. Join Shiki's quest through space to find new Nakama!
  6. [​IMG]
  7. The MangaHelpers Manga Wars 2018 have begun. Nominate your favorite Manga now!
  8. Want to read legit manga from Mangahelpers?! Get in here!

Chapter Boku no Hero Academia 187 Discussion / 188 Predictions Thread

Discussion in 'Deku's Notebook' started by ShenGao, Jun 13, 2018.

1. ShenGao

ShenGao Mangahelper

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity

Mangahelper

Germany
    This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Boku no Hero Academia.

Posting Rules
    • Spoiler threads may be locked until confirmed spoilers are available.
    • Anyone who has found spoilers may PM a Local Moderator for that forum or a Global Moderator/Administrator to unlock the Spoiler Pics & Summaries thread.
    • When posting spoilers, please include said spoiler, link to the source and credit them whenever possible(see Formatting Spoilers below); we understand that some spoilers may be posted anonymously.

24 Hour Spoiler Rule
    • MangaHelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters outside of chapter threads. This blockade ends 24 hours after an english scanlation is publicly released.
    • With consideration for your fellow members, posting discussion regarding a recently released chapter must be kept within [SPOILER][/SPOILER] tags until 24 hours have passed after the chapter's release.
    • Please also be considerate when creating discussion threads during this spoiler time. We ask that any posts made within this period be spoiler tagged and that the thread title not be a dead give away to chapter events. The staff team will adjust these threads if and when needed.
    • For series with no forum, [SPOILER][/SPOILER] tags must be used while the 24 hour rule is enforced.
    • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
    • Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters on the forum.
    • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released. We've eased up on the rule to allow discussion within spoiler tags, but please be adhere to these. Failure to do so may result in the removal of your post.

Spoiler Pics and Translations
    • Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries. Check the thread before posting. Redundant posts will be removed.
    • Please keep in mind that some members have a slow connection or on mobile quota, so if there're several large images, enclose them in spoiler tags for faster rendering of the page.
    • Videos are not a valid form of chapter/ spoilers, please avoid posting those.
    • Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.
    • Under no circumstance is it acceptable to post or link to full chapters of official scans (Viz, Kondasha, etc) on the forum.

Formatting SpoilersWe ask that proper format is followed, to provide the maximum amount of information and best reading experience. Ensure you are always providing a link to the source for your spoilers, as well as crediting the original poster where possible.

Example One ( Spoiler Pics):

Source:Mangahelpers
    Credits: Ohana

[​IMG]

Example Two (Spoiler Text):

Credits: Ohana

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque pretium nunc et ante condimentum eget fermentum velit posuere.
    Proin sollicitudin mollis augue sed semper.
    Aenean eget lectus eget risus laoreet convallis id non massa. Cras non urna vitae neque imperdiet rhoncus.
    Quisque luctus felis ultricies eros mollis pulvinar.

In the case of series that do not have sub-forum please follow the same format, adding [SPOILER][/SPOILER] tags:

Credit: Ohana

[​IMG]

2. Soralied

Soralied Registered User

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner

Winterfell
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Overhaul_97 and Demonspeed like this.
  3. Demonspeed

Demonspeed Irregular

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member

Global Moderator

France
    More of the Todoroki family! I guess we'll know for sure if that Dabi theory is correct or not.

4. iceemperor

iceemperor Registered User

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

Mariejoa
    This chapter is going to trigger quite a bit of people. Todoroki's mom, Todoroki Rei basically says that she doesn't know what Endeavour is thinking but he's trying to seriously face his past and "his blood". I feel like this will trigger the hardcore people who refuse to give Endeavour any leeway for trying to make right what he did in the past, even more because its his wife that is saying he's trying to face things seriously.

Also Todoroki's brother, Todoroki Natsuo, doesn't refer to Endeavour with a particularly respective noun. Its akin to "that guy". It has a distant nuance. You don't really refer to your dad with the word he uses here.

Hardy, KOBA, Goldniti2 and 7 others like this.
  5. Exorcist1995

Exorcist1995 Registered User

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member

Uruguay
    Okey Hawk´s Quirk is actually pretty good
    Those feathers are strong!

6. Kocksmaw

Kocksmaw Registered User

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member

United States
    Hmmm, this is quite interesting. It's undeniable that there will be people triggered by this. The fact that his wife is saying this implies that she doesn't necessarily completely hate her husband's guts after the things he's done(or possibly done)?

Regardless, I feel as if I'm gonna see more Endeavor/Todoroki discussions pop up in the subreddit soon, go figure.

Anyways, what are your all guys' thoughts on this?

7. xzaizenx

xzaizenx Registered User

Singapore
  8. iceemperor

iceemperor Registered User

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

Mariejoa
    Hawks aside for now, I've always found the "Irredeemable Endeavour" discussions silly. Any person, if willing, should be redeemable. They have to go through a hell comparable to their "sins" but to say a guy is irredeemable is just narrow-minded. The entire point of heroes is to save a person, whether that be from physical danger or mental anguish or from their past mistakes. If, after a chance at redemption is given and there is no change, then you can start waving your cross. Endeavour is in a delicate situation right now. He has the highest number of cases solved and power wise, he's one of the strongest in Japan. Does the government and more importantly,do the people want to lose such a reliable guy now that All Might is gone?

Hawks is interesting. His wings are an application of his quirk. I wonder what the range is. Its written that he can control each feather but up to what point and for how long once its left his body? Either way, I'd suspect it requires a huge amount of training to get to his current level, which is even more incredible considering he's only 22. I'd say he's pretty much an older, more laid-back Mirio. Give him some more time and he'll most likely take No.1.

9. LgS_WaRioR

LgS_WaRioR Registered User

Argentina

If Hawks is so cool in this chapter, I would like to see Endeavor, who is surely much better than him.

10. Demonspeed

Demonspeed Irregular

Global Moderator

France
    We have seen some really incredible control from the pros, Edgesot can transform faster than sound, Jeanist's range and speed etc. Endeavor's Quirk is also active pretty much all the time, I don't remember seeing Hawks without wings so if it's an application as you said he is the same. I can't read Japanese but it's hard for me to imagine a Quirk harder to use than Permeation.

11. Kariya

Kariya Registered User

Hungary
    the concept of "redemption" is silly...

who is to say if someone is redeemed or not? I think only the ones would have the right to do so who said person wronged. but even that sounds wrong, since if its a nice, forgiving person, she'd forgive anything. than god? in case of the story the writer? the reader ? which one out of the thousands?

people can just think whatever they want about Endeavor, but abusing your "loved ones" physically and mentally, turning one of them into mental wreckage and pushing until she causes permanent injuries to your son, than not taking any responsibilities (doesnt look like Endeavor got punished in any way), imo thats not something you can get redeemed from by getting nicer or saying lofty shit like facing his past or whatever. Actions speaks louder. in my eyes the closest he could get to getting redeemed would be telling everyone in public about how he treated his family and apologize from them, and then try to be a good father and a good hero. but its just my 2 cents.

Anyway Im disappointed Hawk is butting in, thought this is going to be all Endeavors fight, He was all about "showing the strength of the #1 hero", yet he is taking turns with Hawk trying to defeat the Noumu? not impressed...

Bigbootyjudy likes this.
  12. ShenGao

ShenGao Mangahelper

Mangahelper

Germany
    Did High-End cut the building in two on the last page? What kind of quirk would be capable of such a cut?

13. Demonspeed

Demonspeed Irregular

Global Moderator

France
    I find that some Endeavor haters exaggerate because of a few panels about their flashback. As if he was some horrible monster spending all his time mistreating his wife and son in the worst ways imaginable. He still had it in him to become a great Hero and is seriously by things like crime rates and stuff. He can't be that bad. Horikoshi showed the darkest parts of their past, it doesn't mean that their family life was like that all the time.

But I digress, redemption is perfectly fitting here, redemption as a father and husband. Only his family can say if he redeemed himself in their eyes or not and it looks like his wife likes what he attempting to do.

Shouto never hated him because he thought he was a terrible hero, it is an acknowledged fact that he is good at it. It's because of their family issues. Endeavor is trying to become a hero Shouto can be proud of, it means he will have to become a better father and husband. As you said, actions speak louder than words and Endeavor is acting for that.

High-End has wings, right? Some razor wind attack? I think it could be Hawks' doing too.

Arata and Exorcist1995 like this.
  14. Kariya

Kariya Registered User

Hungary
    Whatever he does as a hero has nothing to do with what he did to his family. Its like saying some great surgeon couldnt abuse his family that much even if we know he did. cause he is great at his job.

We didnt get to see him act like a good father once in a flashback, his son hates him and said he wont forgive him, and his abuse of his wife was enough to turn her into a mental case. So we have plenty of proof and hints he is a horrible father while nothing suggest the opposite. So what are we even talking about? that secretly he could have been a nice father it was just not shown and nothing points toward that? ...sure.

Bigbootyjudy likes this.
  15. LgS_WaRioR

LgS_WaRioR Registered User

Argentina

The author did not say in the manga that he would show how horrible he was as a father? There are no more excuses for Endeavor, I do not understand how people want to continue believing that "something good had"?

16. Demonspeed

Demonspeed Irregular

Global Moderator

France
    Exactly. Which is why I said he needs to become a good father if he wants his son to be proud of the hero that he is.

I didn't say he was a good father, he is not a good one. But he is not a bad person at heart and I can't believe he is as terrible as they depict him.

Arata, Eisenfaust and Exorcist1995 like this.
  17. Bigbootyjudy

Bigbootyjudy Registered User

Band of the Hawks 2
    We literally saw him force Shouto to train until he threw up.

We literally saw him strike his wife so hard when she tried to intervene in the training that she fell to the ground with her hand over her face. Keep in mind Endeavor is giant and muscular. The dude trains all the time.

He could have easily pushed her away. Hes much stronger than her. But instead he hit her, to the ground.

Did he try to pull that shit when All Might made him angry? When other heroes upset him? What about when Shouto decided to stand up for himself? Why didn't he just force him to come back?

Because Endeavor is a bully who beat on those who cant fight back. His wife who clearly can't fight back. And once his son got old enough to fight back he left him alone.

That is EXACTLY the kind of person Endeavor is. I don't see why you can't believe it, his actions are right there.

I'm of the opinion that Endeavor is a shining example if what is wrong with the hero system. That a man who beats his wife, terrorized his son, ruined his children's sibling relationship, and now is pretty much barely tolerated by his family is now the 1 hero speaks volumes. Saving people and doing good works does not necessarily make one a hero. You can do good things and still have a horrible character.

Nothing will change what Endeavor did. I'm not saying they can't forgive him, but that forgiveness needs to come at a price. Endeavor shouldn't be able to just waltz up and say, "But I'm doing the best I can!" And have that change anything. So far, nothing Endeavor has done has cost him anything important that he really cares about.

I for one hope Dabi is his son and tears him a new one. But that's just me.

Btw, has anyone noticed that Dabi is "I Bad" backwards? Do we have a Tobi situation on our hands?

18. ShenGao

ShenGao Mangahelper

Mangahelper

Germany
    What kind of arguement is that? All Might did the same thing to Deku during their 10 month training period. Is All Might a shitty person, too?
    We literally didn't. And if you say "but the anime showed it" then yeah, the anime which takes gigantic liberties like Bakugo's rescue where he travelled 500m with his explosion jump compared to the 10m in the manga shouldn't be your benchmark for what is canon and what is not.
    [​IMG]
    Yeah, someone who only fights people weaker than him jumps straight into a fight with monsters like All For One and High-End.
    Being a hero is a job. Nobody cares about what people do in their private lifes if they do their job good. And here's a question: Is Endeavor, the domestic abuser, worse than All Might who tried to kill All For One by ripping off all of his limbs? Is domestic abuse worse than attempted murder?
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 15, 2018, Original Post Date: Jun 15, 2018 ---
    And here is the chapter: https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/my-hero-academia/en/0/187/page/1

Exorcist1995 likes this.
  19. Demonspeed

Demonspeed Irregular

Global Moderator

France
    Ugh, I don't want to talk about all of this. I am saying he isn't a bad person because I don't see how you can be a bad person and yet be a great hero. You have to care about civilians, rescue them etc. As I said in a post above he talked with All Might because he was worried about the crime rate. From the way he is doing his job and interacting with people other than All Might and his son, do you get the impression that he is some kind of inhuman monster hating people? I don't.

If Endeavor wanted he would beat his son in 2 seconds. I don't get what you mean by fight back. You are depicting him as some kind of coward. Endeavor himself is well aware that he treated his family badly, and that shows that he isn't that bad.

20. Kocksmaw

Kocksmaw Registered User

United States
    Can we all just acknowledge that Endeavor is willing to take steps to better himself and leave it at that?

Taska, Goldniti2, Newkerzy and 4 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.