Chapter Boku no Hero Academia 205 Discussion / 206 Predictions Thread

Discussion in 'Deku's Notebook' started by ShenGao, Nov 8, 2018.

?

Who was the MVP of this match?

This poll will close on Nov 23, 2018 at 12:26 PM.
  1. Tenya Ida

13 vote(s)
    31.7%
  2. Mashirao Ojiro

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Mezo Shoji

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Shoto Todoroki

6 vote(s)
    14.6%
  5. Sen Kaibara

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  6. Pony Tsunotori

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
  8. Juzo Honenuki

18 vote(s)
    43.9%
  1. Invel > Zeref

Invel > Zeref Registered User

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member

United States
    There is a question mark at the end of 'the battle has come to a draw' so it's a question used as a cliffhanger rather than a statement declaring a tie. Even if this was a statement, I would interpret the draw as being between the Juzo, Tetsutestu vs Iida, Todoroki battle and not the whole class A vs Class B round. I don't see how it could be a draw. If Sen was the only one captured then, class 1A wins. If Juzo managed to off-screen Shouji and Ojiro, then class B wins

2. Phinorex

Phinorex Registered User

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner

France
    So if no one but Kaibara is in prison, does that mean 3A wins ?

3. ShenGao

ShenGao Mangahelper

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity

Mangahelper

Germany
    If only Sen is in prison and the time runs out then yes, class A wins.

Phinorex likes this.
  4. Calbalacrab

Calbalacrab Registered User

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member

Italy
    What would have happened if Juzo didnt show up?
    Shouto’s flames would have literally melt Tetsu? I mean its written they are as hot ad endeavours and even Juzo said Tetsu was going to melt.
    Maybe the teachers would have come and stop Todoroki?

5. Invel > Zeref

United States
    We don't actually know but Todoroki's flames had started to cool down and Tetsutetsu showed no signs of starting to melt. Juzo might have thought he would melt but he has no way of actually knowing whether or not Todoroki would be able emit to enough heat to melt Tetsutetsu.

Negbomb DB likes this.
  6. kkck

kkck Waifu Slayer

神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike

Fire Nation
    Todoroki's "boost" this chapter honestly made no sense to me. I kinda thought todoroki already had flame like endeavor's and he simply needed to train to get to that point. And when he got to that point his ice would allow him to use that power indiscriminately. If he actually can't use his both sides of his quirk to maintain a stable temperature and subsequently maintain 100% of both sides then his quirk is actually far less powerful than I thought at least because the implication would be that he needs to turn down one of his sides to actually use the other's full power.

I also kinda get the impression that tetsu made a wrong call by jumping in to face todoroki. Tetsu made the point the there was no way todoroki could keep that for long. So... why confront him? He could have kept his distance and either jump in again once todoroki stopped or allowed todoroki to burn out. I guess tetsu isn't the type for tactics anyways. This also made me think of the time allmight told kirishima to just bulldoze through stuff. Granted kirishima's quirk is ideal for that but that is actually terrible advise that won't work in a number of situations.

I am also not sure it was a mistake for juzo to leave iida for later. We had already seen that juzo couldn't exactly counter iida. He retreated because he assessed he couldn't and by all logic it does seem like that was the case. Heck, he was so correct that the moment iida found him he got owned. My take would be that juzo's mistake was not being ready for iida to show up.

That said, it was good to see everyone fight to their last breath.

Meliodaf likes this.
  7. SkyJockey

SkyJockey Registered User

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

United States
    So if Juzo managed to imprison both Shoji and Ojiro then it’s over for Class A. Although I don’t think he’s fast enough to do that.

Shoto was definitely going to use Jet Burn. I think he’s done for now but who knows maybe he’ll show some Endeavor level spirit and get up next chapter.

Edit: Also I can’t tell if the flames were blue or not.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
  8. Invel > Zeref

United States
    Just because he can't do that yet doesn't mean he won't be able to do that in the future That technique is what Endeavor planned for Todoroki to eventually be able to do but it was never implied that Todoroki would be able to do that immediately without first getting even greater control over his ice and fire side
    If Tetsutetsu gave Todoroki some distance Todoroki would have had enough time to cool himself down rather than nearly burn out like he nearly did this chapter. This is directly stated by Todoroki when he says 'If I want to cool down , I have to get away from Tetsutetsu for a moment.' Tetsutetsu needed to continue to press Todoroki in close quarters to force him to continue to irradiate heat to defend himself. Backing off would give Todoroki that moment to cool himself down

9. Phinorex

Phinorex Registered User

France
    No, I don't think they're in prison. Pony isn't with Honenuki so it can mean two things :

1) She's carrying them to the prison. Very unlikely, as Honenuki started to sink them into the ground. How could she move them if they're buried ? Anyway, Ojiro was on her back and keeping her harmless by holding her horns, so she would have gotten trapped before him.

2) She got knocked out. This is in my opinion what happened. Shoji or Ojiro took care of her before sinking and, as much as he cares for his friends, Honenuki couldn't do anything about it and had to leave.

10. kkck

kkck Waifu Slayer

神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike

Fire Nation
    But the implication this chapter is that todoroki needs to shut down his ice to get his fire to be this hot.Otherwise he wouldn't heat up.

Sure, todoroki could use the time to cool himself down but at that point all tetsu would have to do is jump back in. And what does todoroki do then? heat back up. I guess it would still be an endurance battle but this scenario seems safer to tetsu.
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 9, 2018, Original Post Date: Nov 9, 2018 ---
    Also, I think the series is trying to trick us regarding the matches outcome... right? We didn't see what happened to tsunori, ojiro or shoji. Last we saw juzo showed up which should be pretty bad for aonori and shoji. I think this missing bit of the story will be what decades the outcome. Specially since tsunori could have quickly sent someone to prison with her quirk.

11. ShenGao

ShenGao Mangahelper

Mangahelper

Germany
    I think Honenuki trapped Ojiro and Shoji in the ground like he did with Ida and wanted to bring them to the prison after he helped Tetsutetsu against Todoroki. But now that he is unconscious these 2 are trapped in the ground and Pony shouldn't be able to move them to the cage.
    If Sen is in class A's prison and Pony is safe she could only transport Todoroki to their prison and it would end in a 1:1 draw.

12. Cat Sidhe26

Cat Sidhe26 Registered User

United States
    I think the flames are a mix of blue flames and red flames.

13. JordanShady

JordanShady Registered User

Peru
    The thing is are they really captured(Shoji and Ojiro) or just trapped in the floor as he did with Iida.
    With both being close ranged fighters. did he put them in the cages ?i doubt it even pony helping.
    They must trapped or immovilized or something in the floor. The horns doesnt seem to be a problem for them ( but a really good distraction).
    Fishy chapte end

14. SkyJockey

SkyJockey Registered User

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

United States
    It’s hard to say without someone commenting on it. Even Endeavor’s flames were drawn somewhat dark in some panels yet when Dabi showed his flames the color was a big deal due to the difference with Endeavor’s.

15. Invel > Zeref

United States
    What I am saying is just because he has to do that now doesn't mean he will have to in the future. Todoroki has said before that he wants to improve using fire and ice simultaneously. Once he masters that, he should be able to regulate his body temperatures better in the future and fulfill the purpose that Endeavor had for Todo's quirk

How would giving Todoroki time to cool himself down seem better for Tetsutetsu? Todoroki being allowed to cool himself off will allow him to continue to heat himself and shoot fire until Tetsutetsu gets fried or until he no longer can maintain his steel form. Todoroki has said several times that getting distance would give him an advantage so why would Tetsutetsu give Todoroki that distance. That would just allow Todoroki to wear Tetsutetsu down from a distance while cooling himself whenever he overheats. By the time Tetsutetsu jumps back in Todoroki will be completely cooled down while Tetsutetsu will have his damage accumulating from fire and his stamina draining.

16. Mo Wei

Mo Wei Registered User

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member

China
    I almost died of laughter:derp

The guy who was given a strong gift flying away from the clicks of fingers:teehee or plays a punching bag at the end of the tournament:3c

Not overrated, yeah:cheez

17. Newkerzy

Newkerzy Registered User

Indonesia
    KennyKuro likes this.
  18. Mo Wei

Mo Wei Registered User

China
    Again stupid excuses?:facepalm
    Maybe after the fight with Tetsu2х you should be recognized that Todoroki is not even in the top 5 students of the school?:teach

Negbomb DB likes this.
  19. Thorgue

Thorgue Registered User

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member

Brazil
    Todoroki was just blocking and standing next to Tetsu Tetsu, and the heat was already starting to melt him. I think if what Shoto was trying to do with that fist was a Jet Burn, Tetsu would have got a pretty nasty permanent scar, to say the least, or worse depending if Tetsu gets only covered in metal (a Jet Burn could cook him up inside from the heat of the Iron skin)

Just wondering why Todo never used the heat and cold reaction he used against Deku to get some space
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 9, 2018, Original Post Date: Nov 9, 2018 ---
    The click of fingers with the same strength who could have killed Bakugou in his first fight with Deku?

LgS_WaRioR likes this.
  20. Mo Wei

Mo Wei Registered User

China
    You must be joking?:gwah

All he does is put up ice and fire walls:no As soon as some of them pass it, Todoroki is on the verge of defeat:cheez

Even this chapter shows how Tetsu2x (in fact Kirishima with restrictions) won in battle 1 x 1. Iida just brought the fight to a draw (thx to plot):nerd

And as a fighter Tetsu2x has 0 power / speed or combat skills but even so Todoroki was:pwned

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.