Chapter Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 266 Spoilers & Discussion

Ice King

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Do you ever feel like, you know… just not reading it anymore,
But what kind of sense does this post have?

If I wasn't interested I wouldn't read the manga, right?

If you don't like criticism, don't read it.

Kariya

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Hungary
just a daily reminder: the LA guys have yet to win a single fight ever since they were introduced... against anyone.

I think its a fair complain they were shown to be pretty fucking useless.

when you realize the only casualty this raid from the heroes side so far is the achievement of a Twice clone.

savethecat

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
And you always go back there.

With all the resources and means at their disposal, did the villains have no way of finding out? And does this justify their total lack of understanding?

For me it is clear that the author realized that he had made the villains too powerful and had to adjust the shot.

The problem is that apparently Hori doesn't know half measures.

Tomura had just awakened a power capable of destroying cities. submissive Makia, obtained the help of Ujiko and his resources, not to mention the full strength of the MLA and their resources.

He seemed to become a force of nature, something that made Hawks tremble. Something that was supposed to literally destroy the hero society.

And instead the PLF turned out to be a paper tiger, a real disappointment.

Especially since at the end of the fair the most significant power ups of Tomura (the strengthening of Ujiko and the submission of Makia) could have been obtained by himself, thus rendering the contribution of the MLA completely useless.

Might as well have all died against the Union .....
Well, 2 of your reasonings as to why you thought they were invincible involve 2 characters who are out of commission in the arc currently.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

just a daily reminder: the LA guys have yet to win a single fight ever since they were introduced... against anyone.

I think its a fair complain they were shown to be pretty fucking useless.

when you realize the only casualty this raid from the heroes side so far is the achievement of a Twice clone.

This arc, which most are rightly assuming will be a long arc, isn’t even 10 chapters into the raid lmao

James Rye

Reaction score
Country
Germany
I always find myself amazed how, when done properly, fictional characters are really able to hit us right in the heart
On /a/ there are several threads about Twice dying, all together they got even more posts than KnY. Probably because everyone and their mother expected a lot of Pillars to die in the latest chapter but Twice death came, after the latest chapter ending with Hawks below Dabi's feet, as a surprise for many. People are genuinely upset while some are sad but relieved that Twice died before "Hoshi could fuck his character up like he always does". Not my words, just a quote from there.
Though I agree that Hoshi's cast is way too overblown with two classes, teachers, heroes, mentors, side heroes, Top heroes, Villains, side Villains, Top Villains and so on and so many characters tend that you as a author lose sight of some of them and they "drop out of the story" or just appear when it is convenient. Like Ochako-chan, she and glasses (i totally forgot dude's name that's how little he gets shown) were supposed to be like Deku's best friends and hero comrades on his path to become Nr.1 hero yet lately all you see if Bakugo, Todo-chan and a bit of Deku as trio. Ochako only ever shows up to be teased about liking Deku and to give Deku emotional support. And glasses... shows up when he shouts a bit as "class leader" and that's it.
That makes it hard to care for the kids if you compare it to the LoV where three characters Shira-chan, Toga-chan and Twice-chan get a lot of face-time with the others also having enough face-time to properly showcase their character and relationship within the LoV whereas in a large class coupled with another large class that all just goes kind of under and all you get are archetypes mostly with few screentime and often no clear idea what their relationship to the other 20+ students are.
I think Hoshi might have done better if after the UA got attacked by the LoV that a lot of the students dropped out due their parents pressure or their own volition, like I can see a lot of them in other jobs than a hero like in a bakery or a nursery or treating animals, etc. And then mix the interesting kids from Class A with Class B together and have only one class from now on. That would have taken care of that awful A vs B "showdown" team battle that just wasn't exciting to read at all.
Just my personal opinion. Sorry, am still churning about Twice's demise... :emocat

Kariya

Reaction score
Country
Hungary
This arc, which most are rightly assuming will be a long arc, isn’t even 10 chapters into the raid lmao
not really, the first statement is about the Deika arc as well..

The LA guys havent won a single battle in that arc, neither the current one.

hell the VA with its 6 fucking members pretty much manage to take down them without their big game changer, Giga.. who ended up just wrecking some buildings and taking out some fodder.

and now their losing streak continues.

Sirin

Mangahelper
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Spain

And what kind of sense has your constant, never-ending nagging about every single thing in every single chapter? It’s so frustrating. Criticism is a wonderful thing - in moderation. However, when there is nothing but nagging and complaining, one should seriously consider why on Earth do they keep on reading. It’s like munching on a cactus and complaining that it prickles.

Like. It’s okay if there are some things people find illogical or not justified enough. However, often enough it’s because they fail to read chapters carefully and are missing out on details. Like people complaining about Redestro losing to Dark Shadow (which, as Crimson Ice kindly reminded, is extremely powerful), while totally omitting the fact that broken prosthetics are not equal to «Redestro has lost and is out of game till the very end». And the battle has only started a few minutes ago, the PLF hasn’t even fully mobilised yet.

CuorDiLuna

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Hawks was always this type of character though? he is a perfect example of what is wrong with the thero system. He kills and murders people to achieve his agenda, just like the villains do, yet unlike them he is called a hero. Hawks was always only liked for two things. He was liked because the fujoshi make him gay for Endeavor and because he is a guy that "good guy" that murders people to achieve his goals. He is a hypocrite though and people that like him never want to admit to this.
Premise that I AM one of the BIGGEST supporter of EndHawks around I can prove you that the reason why Hawks is my favourite character have nothing to do with it, being part of my fav OTP it's just a plus.
I love and admire Hawks because he show exactly what weight a 23 years old today had to bear, he is ready to take responsibility for getting his hands dirty for the sins of a society in which he found himself embroiled, he play whit the rules that society taught him and he have no power to change them but do what he can to take the most forward-looking choice possible. He his perfectly aware of the fact that he is in the "wrong" for what a "real hero" has to be and hate himself for it but, for the young dreamer he is, he hope his sacrifice would bring others in a better future. If you think about his dream is really simple on the apparence, he only want a simple and peacefull life, but if you watch closely, of what that dream involve you can see he is ready to take the responsability for it. And it's exactly that, the responsibilities he is ready to take and his lungimiranza (sorry, there is not accurate traslation of "lungimiranza" in english but is the quality of who wisely foresees the developments of future events and provides them in time or the attitude to identify the possible developments of a situation, supported by a remarkable ability to prevent or exploit its consequences, I hope to have explained myself), that make me empathize whit him particulary and make him my fav, the daddy issues of the OTP is totally another story.
All Might only lacked in lungimiranza, because anyone could expect that when the simbol of peace fall it would be chaos, like Kira in death note, and now the new generation had to take the consequences of that lack of lungimiranza and get their hands dirty to fix it, Hawks understood it and accepted it, if he doesn't do it, then who? Deku? ...Endeavor? No... only he can...

James Rye

Reaction score
Country
Germany
You know, guys, last chapter I though that this chapter would end with Hawks dying but Twice taking measure of him before he dies so that later in some other arc he could copy Hawks and they would talk, like the friends they used to be, hero and villain, original quirk user and his copy quirk, betrayal and guilt. A talk or several talks like that would have been pretty kino with Twice not being ready to let go of his dead friend and Hawks still being Hawks though he is aware he is a copy.
Now that will never happen... :emocat

Now all I want is for Toga to get some blood from the Twice copy and take it with her as a memento since she can't have her handkerchief back. And then in a latter arc when things are about to get fucked up for the LoV she says "this one is for you, Twice", drinks the last of his blood and when she turns into him and uses his quirk instead of Sad Man's parade she goes full "DEAD MAN'S PARADE!" with angry Twice copies surging out of her, overrunning the opposition for a brief minute before her power runs out and she returns to the old Toga. Preferable if it is done to save his friends again like he did in the town when Toga and co were about to get done in... *sniff* It'd be so great to see that call-back later~

LgS_WaRioR

Reaction score
Country
Argentina

How annoying are people who are not able to respect the negative opinion of another person about a series. No to censorship.

On the other hand, Dabi continues to demonstrate that despite being a "failure" he has the blood of the Todoroki by seriously injuring the Hawks.

Did you just not read last chapter? Dark Shadow is extremely powerful and he lost because his new legs gave out.
Of course I read it, and no, Dark Shadow is not extremely powerful, the problem is that ReDestro is too weak and pathetic.

KingAzureRequiem

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Dabi portrayed to be a very formidable villain and a threat, but he keeps facing opponents that are something else and portrayed to be close to the top in the universe... Miruko, Geten, Hawks. he is just not there yet, I think he can take on heroes between top 5-10 at this point at most, and thats how it should be.
Dabi may be portrayed as a serious villain but his actual track record says otherwise. He has never won a fight on his own besides some back ally thugs. Last chapter he managed to get a sneak attack in and use a point-blank attack and completely blew it. He is total trash and the only reason anyone cares for him is because he may be todoroki.

Ilyia

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
I might be in the minority here, but what I am really interested in having translated in this chapter, is what that Compress was saying and what the worm hero was telling Himiko and Compress on these two pages:

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
How annoying are people who are not able to respect the negative opinion of another person about a series. No to censorship.

On the other hand, Dabi continues to demonstrate that despite being a "failure" he has the blood of the Todoroki by seriously injuring the Hawks.

Of course I read it, and no, Dark Shadow is not extremely powerful, the problem is that ReDestro is too weak and pathetic.
Dark Shadow is immensely powerful, you have been reading a different manga if you think otherwise. Tokoyomi in the dark is easily the strongest UA student.

LgS_WaRioR

Reaction score
Country
Argentina

Last edited by a moderator:

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Tokoyami has Power S? No. Then don't lie to me about it. The only stronger student in Class A is Todoroki Shoto. And let's not get into that discussion again.
What the fuck is power S? Your post doesn't make much sense but it seems like you're saying Shouto is the strongest student, which he may be under normal circumstances. But feat wise Tokoyomi is easily the strongest UA student when in darkness. Please let us get into that, because you think Tokoyomi isn't powerful and are using that to shit in Re-Destro which is bogus. You're complaining simply because you don't have a good grasp on the power levels.

Kariya

Reaction score
Country
Hungary
Dabi may be portrayed as a serious villain but his actual track record says otherwise. He has never won a fight on his own besides some back ally thugs. Last chapter he managed to get a sneak attack in and use a point-blank attack and completely blew it. He is total trash and the only reason anyone cares for him is because he may be todoroki.
He never lost a single battle 1on1 (not counting raided by the heroes, caught by Kamui and knocked out by Torino which was a team effort and surprise ambush.. or Twice clones of him which he admitted were acting recless cause they knew they were clones and shit stamina) either..

thing is, he doesnt have battles with conclusion. he takes a part of it and they get interrupted.

in term of accomplishment, he took Bakugou with his squad like it was planned, took on and with Compress help killed a hero and kept Geten busy until Giga arrived, again as planned. these were successes.

He failed to retrieve Hoodys head and now kill Hawks/ protect Twice.. in both cases he was up against top heroes (#2 and #4)

I like him cause of his design and personality and dont give a crap if he is a Todoroki or not, in fact I hope not.

Batman22wins

Reaction score
Country
United States
And you always go back there.

With all the resources and means at their disposal, did the villains have no way of finding out? And does this justify their total lack of understanding?

For me it is clear that the author realized that he had made the villains too powerful and had to adjust the shot.

The problem is that apparently Hori doesn't know half measures.

Tomura had just awakened a power capable of destroying cities. submissive Makia, obtained the help of Ujiko and his resources, not to mention the full strength of the MLA and their resources.

He seemed to become a force of nature, something that made Hawks tremble. Something that was supposed to literally destroy the hero society.

And instead the PLF turned out to be a paper tiger, a real disappointment.

Especially since at the end of the fair the most significant power ups of Tomura (the strengthening of Ujiko and the submission of Makia) could have been obtained by himself, thus rendering the contribution of the MLA completely useless.

Might as well have all died against the Union .....
Yes and i will keep going hack to that. Their are equalised by The heros/government resources. So they playing field got lopsided because The heros know their quirks, they planned this out, Twice is getting taken care of, they wasn't prepared for a battle.

The author didn't realize shit bro. I swear the fact you think a author only thinks one arc at a time is stupid. The Author knew how he was going to take these guys down beforehand when Shiggy recruited them. The Hawks storylime was already in full affect since pro hero arc. This was always the plan to get them from the inside.

SkyJockey

Reaction score
Country
United States
I might be in the minority here, but what I am really interested in having translated in this chapter, is what that Compress was saying and what the worm hero was telling Himiko and Compress on these two pages:
According to a rough translation, the Striped Hero was telling the two that he can’t forgive them regardless of their reasons for rebelling against society and that the villain coalition is finished.

Ilyia

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
I love and admire Hawks because he show exactly what weight a 23 years old today had to bear, he is ready to take responsibility for getting his hands dirty for the sins of a society in which he found himself embroiled, he play whit the rules that society taught him and he have no power to change them but do what he can to take the most forward-looking choice possible.
What are you talking about? Isn't Hawks is just an ideologue? He justifies his murderous actions simply by "it is for the good of society" or "It has to be done so that my dream can become reality". In the end, isn't he just a selfish guy not willing to really take responsibility for his own actions?

He his perfectly aware of the fact that he is in the "wrong" for what a "real hero" has to be and hate himself for it but, for the young dreamer he is, he hope his sacrifice would bring others in a better future.
That actually just makes him a hypocrite though right? Being aware that he is in the wrong and doing something just to fight for his own dream. As is, he isn't stupid so he should be well aware that his dream can never become reality. In fact his dream is an oppressive society where nobody is allowed to act or think for themselves. Lets take away peoples freedom in order to keep them safe!

According to a rough translation, the Striped Hero was telling the two that he can’t forgive them regardless of their reasons for rebelling against society and that the villain coalition is finished.
It's like I suspected then. Funny thing is, Himiko just wanted a happy life and Compress is likely just a random thief... they are both weak people that just wanted a world where they could be happy. Neither of them probably ever believed that the heroes were actually crazy fundamentalists though... which is why they have such shocked expressions on their faces. It is kind of like, they start out by doing some evil things, then joining the Liberation Army finally think that maybe they can make everyone happy if society is changed... only for the old society to straight up tell them that it will destroy their dream even if their dream this time isn't even evil at it's core anymore.

Last edited:

KingAzureRequiem

Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
He never lost a single battle 1on1 (not counting raided by the heroes, caught by Kamui and knocked out by Torino which was a team effort and surprise ambush.. or Twice clones of him which he admitted were acting recless cause they knew they were clones and shit stamina) either..

thing is, he doesnt have battles with conclusion. he takes a part of it and they get interrupted.

in term of accomplishment, he took Bakugou with his squad like it was planned, took on and with Compress help killed a hero and kept Geten busy until Giga arrived, again as planned. these were successes.

He failed to retrieve Hoodys head and now kill Hawks/ protect Twice.. in both cases he was up against top heroes (#2 and #4)

I like him cause of his design and personality and dont give a crap if he is a Todoroki or not, in fact I hope not.
He gave away the bars location, couldn't beat the sand hero on his own and Geten was at an elemental disadvantage but could afford not using his full strength from the start. Above all else he was the one who introduced Hawks to the league in the first place.