Chapter Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 272 Discussion

Ashwathama

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Some of you guys HAVE to stop actin like everyone here MUST justify to you why they like a character no matter how big or small of a time screen said character had. It's a manga about heroes, and a hero made the ultimate sacrifice to save someone. Crust went out trying to impersonate a positive image, even tho everyone else will feel sad, he might have thought about what kind of last fragment of memory those who he saved would keep. Dying with a smile on his face, it showed to us that he took the right course of action without any regrets.

Once a man said to us: "I will save people with a smile! The Symbol of Peace cannot be daunted by evil. I smile to show the pressure of heroes and to trick the fear inside of me".

Yere93

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Chile
Deku has to face Shigaraki at the end of this arc and lose, even kill AllMight in front of him, they must become nemesis, but not only in the eyes of the reader but in world.

KingAzureRequiem

Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Deku has to face Shigaraki at the end of this arc and lose, even kill AllMight in front of him, they must become nemesis, but not only in the eyes of the reader but in world.
All Might isn't here and by this point Shigaraki outclasses Deku so much that he would die in a straight up fight. However, since the Shigaraki woke up earlier than planed at 75% completion he might have a handicap similar to 9 from the movie.

Pr0teu5

Reaction score
Country
United States
This chapter was great. The heroes are definitely in for a beating, and the destruction was epic.

I kind of don’t understand why Tomura is a strong as he has been shown to be now though. I mean, he only used decay, and it seems even stronger than the awakened version he showed in the last arc.

AFO is strong, but I didn’t think it made any single quirk that the user has more powerful. It just allows the user to use several in combination.

It might be kind of cool if the doctor copied OFA from Nana Shimura’s arm, and now Tomura has both AFO and OFA. That would be truly crazy, especially if OFA stockpile the combined power of all the quirks that AFO steals.

Newkerzy

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Shiggy isn't at 75% his recovery was at 75%. But he got the full AFO quirks. And if we believe the words of the first OFA, it seems like Shiggy has transcend AFO

I think we're just getting started. This arc won't be over until Class A-1 sees some heroes die in front of them
Either way, it's definitely going to come into play into their battle later. Since he's only 3/4ths recovered, it means that he's not completely recovered, and that will likely affect his performance in some way.

Demonspeed

Sage-King Gilgamesh
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Happy to see Bakugou deal with a rescue operation on-screen!

Good chapter, I personally am indifferent about Crust's death(just wish he had better feats in that operation) but at least people won't say that heroes didn't get a major loss. And he saved Eraser.

Clearly no one, no one can face Shigaraki right now and although he is OP, the 75% recovery will affect him later so that the heroes can escape/recover. He only used Decay so far and with this he can defeat pretty much everyone, you need at least decent air mobility to deal with this + some kind of ranged attack. Nejire is the best suited to fight him as he is now(only taking Decay into consideration).

I don't think school arcs are possible anymore... With Shigaraki awakening like this things will probably be like in the era of old and the students will have to learn on the fly.

Moegara

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I kind of don’t understand why Tomura is a strong as he has been shown to be now though. I mean, he only used decay, and it seems even stronger than the awakened version he showed in the last arc.
The doctor gave him AFO but also enhanced his body in a way similar to how high end noumus are reworked (with the change in stats affecting the strength of his preexisting decay ability).
I don't remember the chapter but when the operation on Shigaraki was starting the doctor talked about how that surgical procedure was created for AFO so his body could withstand the increasing strength of the AFO quirk and his acquisition of ever stronger new quirks, but they never had the time to perform it on him.

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
But yeah, with Shiggy's awakening the smart move is to just run and in hindsight.. the villains as a whole haven't done that bad for themselves for the most part. In regards to the top 10 heroes, 2 and 5 are critically injured, 6 is dead, 3 is MIA and Endeavour has a Dabi problem waiting to rear its ugly head. The biggest issue at the moment is where things go from here cause the PLF is ideologically dead. They're out in the open and Shiggy himself will prob have to recover after all this.
I'm a shiggy guy too and loved to see him like this but idk where the story is about to go unless we get a timeskip/Part 2. For me idc to comment all the time but this arc has been one of the best to the point it's making me respect Endy. Him looking out for Mirko is something any hero would do but it's good to see this nigga is doing it. I'm guessing we'll see Hawks and Mirko in some type of recovery together with surviving heroes, I'm sure Hori wants them to interact due to their life threatening injuries. Given their relevancy not just in the story but anime and his twitter lol

SeñiorSeniorJunior

Reaction score
Country
United States
If the manga wasn't called My Hero Academia I would agree with you,
People want 12 year olds fighting whole grown ass bad guys. Make it more like Naruto. I like the school stuff. But
man sometimes it’s like teaching basic human expression and emotions around here

he’s frozen

You can see it in Xless’s face. The massive threat that the heroes so desperately wanted to avert was just “dead” barely a minute ago. Then he jumped back alive and now he’s awake and sitting there. You tell me what any human being would do in that situation
Shigraki has openly said this. He wants to destroy everything and then it showed panels of innocent ppl, heroes, babies... Etc

Ice King

Reaction score
Country
Italy
In the end we must remember that My Hero is a manga about a superhero school, not a superhero manga

As a structure it is very reminiscent of the literary saga of Harry Potter, which unlike the cinematographic saga, gave much more space to Hogwarts, to the rivalries between the houses, to the quiddich, then in the end there was always Voldemort to deal with, but Harry he was a student and school dynamics were very present ...

SoulFire

Reaction score
Country
United States
Clearly no one, no one can face Shigaraki right now and although he is OP, the 75% recovery will affect him later so that the heroes can escape/recover. He only used Decay so far and with this he can defeat pretty much everyone, you need at least decent air mobility to deal with this + some kind of ranged attack. Nejire is the best suited to fight him as he is now(only taking Decay into consideration).
My question is what is that device that has replaced Shiggy's missing fingers on his left hand? Could it possibly allow him to direct his decay quirk to objects outside of his reach? That would be the game changer.

People want 12 year olds fighting whole grown ass bad guys. Make it more like Naruto. I like the school stuff. But
These kids are sixteen to eighteen years old. Naruto was taking on the Juubi at that age.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
My question is what is that device that has replaced Shiggy's missing fingers on his left hand? Could it possibly allow him to direct his decay quirk to objects outside of his reach? That would be the game changer.

These kids are sixteen to eighteen years old. Naruto was taking on the Juubi at that age.
I'd say its pretty likely that shigaraki got super regeneration with his AFO quirk stockpile and already regrew his fingers.

The context is a fair bit different from naruto. Quirks aside, BNHA-verse is a relatively grounded society with moral values relatively similar to our own. It's a vastly different context from a universe where small children are taught how to dishonorably and unceremoniously stab people in the back as a job and lifestyle.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

In the end we must remember that My Hero is a manga about a superhero school, not a superhero manga

As a structure it is very reminiscent of the literary saga of Harry Potter, which unlike the cinematographic saga, gave much more space to Hogwarts, to the rivalries between the houses, to the quiddich, then in the end there was always Voldemort to deal with, but Harry he was a student and school dynamics were very present ...
erh, no. The series is "my" hero academia. This is a series specifically about whoever the "my" part scenario refers to. It's absolutely not about the school. its about deku's school life.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

I am open to the idea. I just don't see how it can happen at the moment.
It really depends on how exactly shigaraki wants to run the show. I don't think school life is impossible going forward but it really does depend on shigaraki. The way I see it the PLF is still mostly done for anyways and its ideals don't really align with shigaraki(as if shigaraki gave an iota of a fuck about what is or isn't legal). Add to that shigaraki not necessarily being ready to go at it right now, its rather likely he still needs some time to fully recover at least.

IMO what follows for shigaraki is... basically to follow in AFO's footsteps. He will retreat and start calling to himself society's rejects and enable their delusions and resentments. It won't mean outright war with the country but it will tear away at society's bases and make japan a legitimately dangerous place to live in. But live will continue because life doesn't stop because crime and violence increase. Basically a league of doom type organization where shigaraki rules as the godfather. Heroes will likely have a dramatic drop in life expectancy as well. Any more than this and the military will have to get involved.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

As for pixie bob, I am pretty sure she is dead. She tried to protect her friends by using her quirk but the fact of the matter is that her quirk can in no form or context stop decay. As in, sure, she can delay it by moving earth in the opposite direct decay is heading to but but that doesn't stop the decay... For pixie bob to be alive she would have had to move earth faster than decay is able to spread. And continue doing that until decay stops. But that is a pretty damn unlikely scenario at best. The only way to stop decay is to basically stop something that has been affected by it from touching something else. That way when said something fully decays it won't be able to continue spreading it. But that is not what pixie bob did....

HiddenLight

Reaction score
Country
Brazil

Everyone's talking about X-Less, Crust and possibly Pixie Bob deaths, but our girl Thirteen was possibly the very first on panel death.

She didn't think twice before turning around and sacrificing herself to help other heroes escape.

Rest in peace :'(

Last edited:

SoulFire

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'd say its pretty likely that shigaraki got super regeneration with his AFO quirk stockpile and already regrew his fingers.
When Shiggy broke out of the tank he had a device attached to his hand in place of his fingers. They had not regenerated.
The context is a fair bit different from naruto. Quirks aside, BNHA-verse is a relatively grounded society with moral values relatively similar to our own. It's a vastly different context from a universe where small children are taught how to dishonorably and unceremoniously stab people in the back as a job and lifestyle.
MHA is definitely different than Naruto--but these are not 'twelve year olds' fighting full grown bad guys--these kids are well into their teens now who have been facing full grown baddies for the better part of a year off and on. That said, I agree that UA is a big part of Midoriya's story and it also has provided needed relief in between heavier arcs. I would miss the next two years of our kids' school life, but the current circumstances sure do make it difficult to see things going back to the way they were.

KingAzureRequiem

Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation

Everyone's talking about X-Less, Crust and possibly Pixie Bob deaths, but our girl Thirteen was possibly the very first on panel death.

She didn't think twice before turning around and sacrificing herself to help other heroes escape.

Rest in peace :'(
Maybe but she could have survived by overclocking her quirk. Personally I think anyone under the hospital who wasn't seen flying away is dead meat.

REDIV

Reaction score
Country
Angola
Damn this chapter got me in the feels, damn the author for having Crust die by saving Eraserhead and make me catch these feelings but on another note,damn author had shigi kill of large swaths of people and titled the chapter "good morning", damn,damn, damn,damn.......................................................................................damn

Senpai_BasedGod

Reaction score
Country
United States
People are talking about how deku won’t be able to get into a fist fight with shiggy, or meet him up close forget how fast deku was at 100%; he couldn’t even be traced with the naked eye and the pressure of his fist created wind cannons. He’s half that, so I have a feeling he at the least would be able to out maneuver shiggy like he did muscular.