On Break Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 330 Discussion

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Another path for the manga: Shiggy does steal S&T's quirk but then she is taken to eri who restores it.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

AFO mentions his very long term plans... Does that mean that perhaps even from years back he has been planning on shigaraki's identity being sort of... scrambled in preparation for his fight with S&T?

Neala897

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
That said, I just scrolled through reddit for a bit, and someone said something that stood out to me: Star has to know the name of the person she’s touching, and Shiggy might *not* be really Shiggy right now, so her Quirk doesn’t apply. If that’s the explanation Horikoshi’s going with......Ok, I guess? Still not liking how it’s written though.
Might be but I would say its because he is two in one right now. She should know Afo name for it to work

Newkerzy

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Might be but I would say its because he is two in one right now. She should know Afo name for it to work
AFO says that a perfect fusion would result in the creation of an entirely new entity, so......?

Neala897

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
AFO says that a perfect fusion would result in the creation of an entirely new entity, so......?
Key word here is would. Its not there yet.

Newkerzy

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Key word here is would. Its not there yet.
True. But it looks like it’s pretty much a done deal by next chapter. We’ll see.

Magero

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
My, my my, my... Storywise Horikoshi cornered himself nicely in a corner.
It's literally do or die.

The quirks limitations are pretty much well defined in some aspects (otherwise it is just awfully broken) : 2 orders maximum and she has to "touch" to issue an order.
But it is absolutely broken because it's a litteral reality warper.
There's virtually no limit to it.

If AFO has it, the story is over. Same situation as Twice : when he was alive and in sad man parade mode, he was virtually unbeatable. The heroes would have absolutely 0 chances.
It's the same here : AFO/Shiggy is already physically enhanced + regen + airblast and other distance's quirks and other mobility/physical quirks and he can store up MORE quirks than before thanks to the doctor and his new body.
Now, add this quirk and this is over. AFO just come at full speed to an 1A student, issue an order like "now your heart stop beating", repeat at full speed and everyone in 1A is dead, gg goodby, easy git gud.

She has to die and not have her quirk stolen. I don't now how, why, storywise, etc. But she has to die or be permanently injured so she can't participate in any other battles.

Reality warping powers are so broken it sparks a lot of difficulties in other comics franchises storywise and often, I see some BS limitations/stories to try limit their powers because otherwise the story has no meaning, the hero/villain is so broken he could just end all of this in mere seconds.

It could also be a Discord situation (My little Pony) : a being of chaos literraly so powerfull he could conjure anything, do anything, he was just virtually so broken, the story had to dumb itself and dumb Discord because he was so broken and he could end any conflicts/plots with a simple snap.

It's the same here.
For the first time, I really don't see how the heroes could win if AFO steal this quirk. Even if Eri restore SnS, AFO would still have it and with rules so broken that it wouldn't change anything.

And don't talk about stakes and overcoming some op broken villains like in shonen. Here it would lead to a Bleach/Naruto/Shaman King level of endgame :
A final villain so OP you have to, somewhat, power up like stupid your main characters to the extend it's just ridiculous storywise (Naruto and Bleach) or it would lead to an unsatisfying final battle where it's just a "talk no-jutsu" BS that would convince the villain to abandon his objectives or at least change them for the better (Shaman King manga).

Wow... What a BS situation right here...
And what a convenience that Shiggy has an identity crisis right now so SnS quirk doesn't work... Whaaaaaaat a conveeeeenieeeeeenceeeee...

cracker

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
On another note, is anyone else annoyed at Shiggy developing asspulls and straight up drawing strength upon “shonen willpower”? This chapter, Star gave the command that “Shiggy would die if he moved an inch.” But Lo, and behold, it’s ineffective because Shiggy is literally busting out an asspull using “the power of hatred”. I’m beginning to worry this is going to end up like the freebies the Uchihas (Sasuke, in particular) kept getting.

If it was AFO, I feel like there would’ve been a smarter way to go around this, even if Horikoshi can create just about any Quirk on the spot for him.
Didn't Shiggy survive the attack because he's no longer Tomura or AFO but something else? Either that or AFO made a switch to cancel the attack.

@JazzMazz

The issue with making AFO impossibly powerful is that the more powerful you make a villain the more difficult that there is a plausible scenario for their defeat, that's why so many of Marvel and DC villains have such cringey defeats. Even SJ isn't exempt this either, Bach from Bleach had an extremely convoluted, poorly executed defeat because by the end he was literally a god.

We still haven't seen the 2nd's quirk, which is likely a ranged attack which when magnified at this point might be a solid trump card for Deku.

Newkerzy

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Didn't Shiggy survive the attack because he's no longer Tomura or AFO but something else? Either that or AFO made a switch to cancel the attack.

@JazzMazz

The issue with making AFO impossibly powerful is that the more powerful you make a villain the more difficult that there is a plausible scenario for their defeat, that's why so many of Marvel and DC villains have such cringey defeats. Even SJ isn't exempt this either, Bach from Bleach had an extremely convoluted, poorly executed defeat because by the end he was literally a god.

We still haven't seen the 2nd's quirk, which is likely a ranged attack which when magnified at this point might be a solid trump card for Deku.
That’s one of the possibilities. I feel like this chapter could be interpreted multiple ways until the next chapter shows up. Totally agree on making Shiggy/AFO too OP. As much as I’d like to see things escalate, there comes a point where the antagonist needs to reach a ceiling to make the writing not only believable, but also doable. That’s how you have disasters like Madara and Yhwach.

As for the 2nd’s Quirk. It’s most likely a projectile Quirk, but I’m hedging my bets on it being a twist, and the 2nd’s Quirk is a support Quirk that augments other people’s Quirks. As the oldest Quirk in OFA, you can imagine the insane boost people will get, plus all the drawbacks that come with it. Plus, it brings the One For All theme together again.

cracker

Reaction score
Country
United States
That’s one of the possibilities. I feel like this chapter could be interpreted multiple ways until the next chapter shows up. Totally agree on making Shiggy/AFO too OP. As much as I’d like to see things escalate, there comes a point where the antagonist needs to reach a ceiling to make the writing not only believable, but also doable. That’s how you have disasters like Madara and Yhwach.

As for the 2nd’s Quirk. It’s most likely a projectile Quirk, but I’m hedging my bets on it being a twist, and the 2nd’s Quirk is a support Quirk that augments other people’s Quirks. As the oldest Quirk in OFA, you can imagine the insane boost people will get, plus all the drawbacks that come with it. Plus, it brings the One For All theme together again.
I do think the 2nd's quirk is primarily offensive based on how he approached the 1st when he saw him. He held his support item like it was a gun, ready to attack.

It's possible that it might have some interesting secondary effect but it's hard to say since it was from an earlier generation it might not be that complex on it's own.

Wookitake

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
S&S has a really OP quirk, but I don't think it's *that* OP to the point that Hori needs to be too cautious with it. The rule-based power reminded me of UxU, therefore I liked it 😂

Newkerzy

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
I do think the 2nd's quirk is primarily offensive based on how he approached the 1st when he saw him. He held his support item like it was a gun, ready to attack.

It's possible that it might have some interesting secondary effect but it's hard to say since it was from an earlier generation it might not be that complex on it's own.
I know. I’m just leaving open the possibility that his support item is just a red herring and has nothing to do with his Quirk at all.

Bleach—

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

@JazzMazz

What is a ranged attack going to do against someone who can reality warp lol

Chocolatejr9

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm just worried that if AFO gets the Quirk, he'll use it to torture Izuku further, like "anybody within ten feet of Izuku Midoriya gets decayed on the spot" or something...

animeangryfan4

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
ah its jsut so frustrating, to see that Star And Stripes will just die. That explosion just feel liek that. And becoming a new being? Well something tells me AFO did not expect Shigaraki insanity is even more powerful then a merge

cracker

Reaction score
Country
United States
What is a ranged attack going to do against someone who can reality warp lol
Because her quirk, and AFO's quirk and Shiggy quirk all require you touch the person/object. Although tbf there is some wiggle room with her and Shiggy's quirk.

I'm still of the notion that plain ole super strength (at high tiers) is god tier in MHA tho.

Neala897

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Well something tells me AFO did not expect Shigaraki insanity is even more powerful then a merge
Totally expected most likely. Thats not a problem here. But the fact that that new someone will be neither Shigaraki nor Afo. Its hard to believe the person whose motto "everything for ME" would wish for something like that.

animeangryfan4

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Totally expected most likely. Thats not a problem here. But the fact that that new someone will be neither Shigaraki nor Afo. Its hard to believe the person whose motto "everything for ME" would wish for something like that.
Thats just it, I dont think it will be a new one. It WILL be Shigaraki. Becuase Shigaraki is just that insane. The merge will not happen how AFo expects it to be. The merge will make Shigarki even more dangerosu then how he already is. I would have prefered a merge so that inusfferable Shigarki could vanish from the sight. Its just that, someone that consumed with hatred will not die until someone (liek Deku) can take all his hatred and vanquish it.

Hrathgrath

Reaction score
Country
United States
Anyone know what the story is about the hole in Shigaraki’s hand?

Neala897

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Thats just it, I dont think it will be a new one. It WILL be Shigaraki. Becuase Shigaraki is just that insane. The merge will not happen how AFo expects it to be. The merge will make Shigarki even more dangerosu then how he already is. I would have prefered a merge so that inusfferable Shigarki could vanish from the sight. Its just that, someone that consumed with hatred will not die until someone (liek Deku) can take all his hatred and vanquish it.
I keep hearing that Shigaraki will somehow win against Afo since the he got a hold of his body. Its sounds more like wishful thinking that a real plot point.