Chapter Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 335 Discussion

cracker

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
I could see multiple traitors being a thing tbh. Something seems up with Aoyama, at least the way Hori has been presenting him recently.

There is a chance Invisible Girl could be a young adult faking being a teenager since we haven't seen them or some kind of Nomu.

Chocolatejr9

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I know some people think it would have more impact if Toru was always evil and just did a really good job of hiding it, but I honestly think it'd be more interesting if she really DID wanna become a Hero, but something happened that lead to her working for AFO. I'm not entirely sure how that would work in this scenario, but that'd be my preferance, at least.

Also, now that the traitor is revealed, how much you wanna bet UA's security is gonna fail?

NegaiFreak

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
First off, Happy Thanksgiving to everyone celebrating! I'm thankful to be able to share my thoughts with you guys.

Second... either way you look at this traitor reveal, whether it's true or not, it came way too late in the series. We hadn't even breached 100 chapters before Present Mic brought up the possibility. And almost three hundred chapters later... it's really underwhelming if this is true. Whoever it wound up being, it'd be underwhelming, because it happened way too late and no one really bothered over it for over 200 chapters.

I feel like the idea of a traitor would've come up during the Provisional License Exam or Joint Training Session. If Toru was revealed to us as the traitor earlier, we as the audience get to grow anxious for our other heroes at U.A. over time, and then there'd eventually be this final explosion of a reveal to her friends, making this a lot more memorable.

The multiple traitor idea is fascinating... but I'll hold my breath until it's confirmed that this is the case. For now, I'll go with the flow of things and see where this new information takes us.

Greed1500

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Hungary
Feels like no matter what Horivdo there's always some annoying people shouting things like: "this is just bad" or "it's rushed" or "it feels like it's done in a couple of weeks". It's kind of annoying and feels like everyone is a damn writer this day. IMO Toru being the traitor is not a bad thing. You can say it wasn't a huge surprise but it certainly was the one which makes most sense and when you rule out all the heroes and students it really came down to her. I'm (and i think everyone else should) more interested what's her motive and how the heroes will handle her rather than now knowing she is the traitor.

I swear if Toru is just a Hawk 2.0 double agent i'm done...
I want her to be evil, to be a member of the league of villains. I want her to sabotage U.A defense, to get intels to AFO, Class-A to be shocked when they realize she's an enemy, want to see how they deal with her and how they defeat her. To make her another double agent and revealing it at the climax is just disappointing.

To this day even Hawk accepted as a villain member still feels stupid and one of the weekest point of the story.

This chapter was really just all about pep talk on 2 sides except for the last page when you think about it...

JazzMazz

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Second... either way you look at this traitor reveal, whether it's true or not, it came way too late in the series. We hadn't even breached 100 chapters before Present Mic brought up the possibility. And almost three hundred chapters later... it's really underwhelming if this is true. Whoever it wound up being, it'd be underwhelming, because it happened way too late and no one really bothered over it for over 200 chapters.

I feel like the idea of a traitor would've come up during the Provisional License Exam or Joint Training Session. If Toru was revealed to us as the traitor earlier, we as the audience get to grow anxious for our other heroes at U.A. over time, and then there'd eventually be this final explosion of a reveal to her friends, making this a lot more memorable.
I don't think it being revealed so late was the issue. The issue was that the traitor literally hasn't done anything for 200 chapters. Maybe if they were more consistently foiling the heroes, that would have made the eventual reveal more interesting.

Right now, I'm hoping this dramatic irony gets elongated into something meaningful. Hopefully they do something like compromise UA's defense systems.

Also, now that the traitor is revealed, how much you wanna bet UA's security is gonna fail?
I'd be good with that.

Newkerzy

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Yeah, I agree, there needs to be really devastating follow through. And your comment has just made me want it to be with Ochako.

In truth, it'll probably be more with Aoyama or Ojiro.

The thing is though, Dabi was good. It was a predictable thing, but he followed through on it in the war REALLY WELL. I'm just hoping that Hagakure has similarly great follow through.
I think the impact would just fall flat if it were those two. AFO’s MO is to target his enemy’s dearest people or inner circle. Those two do not belong in that category. It’d be a toss-up between her and Iida, actually. AFO is not going to touch Bakugou with a ten-foot pole because the last time he did, it ended disastrously.

Shouto is a maybe, considering his and Dabi’s aligning interests, but I have doubts whether AFO is willing to expend that much energy on someone that would be difficult to take on.

I know some people think it would have more impact if Toru was always evil and just did a really good job of hiding it, but I honestly think it'd be more interesting if she really DID wanna become a Hero, but something happened that lead to her working for AFO. I'm not entirely sure how that would work in this scenario, but that'd be my preferance, at least.

I can absolutely see this being the case. Either that, or the psychological ramifications that come with being invisible....

U.A.’s security will fall, no doubt. And for extra insurance, kidnap someone in all the chaos.

Cat Sidhe26

Reaction score
Country
United States
Horikoshi did mention he wanted to write about Toru

JazzMazz

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I think the impact would just fall flat if it were those two. AFO’s MO is to target his enemy’s dearest people or inner circle. Those two do not belong in that category. It’d be a toss-up between her and Iida, actually. AFO is not going to touch Bakugou with a ten-foot pole because the last time he did, it ended disastrously.

Shouto is a maybe, considering his and Dabi’s aligning interests, but I have doubts whether AFO is willing to expend that much energy on someone that would be difficult to take on.
I was thinking Aoyama or Ojiro since those are characters more closely related to her.

Also, why wouldn't he touch Bakugo with a ten foot pole? It caused exactly what he desired to occur. If anything, I think AFO, when completed, may do that same stunt again(maybe with a different one of Deku's loved ones).

I'd be fine if it was Iida or Uraraka though. Even them being victimized would be some form of continuous role in the story.

I think that Hagakure may just continue being an informant, but aside from shutting down UA's defense systems, I'm not sure what else should could do.

Newkerzy

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
I was thinking Aoyama or Ojiro since those are characters more closely related to her.

Also, why wouldn't he touch Bakugo with a ten foot pole? It caused exactly what he desired to occur. If anything, I think AFO, when completed, may do that same stunt again(maybe with a different one of Deku's loved ones).

I'd be fine if it was Iida or Uraraka though. Even them being victimized would be some form of continuous role in the story.

I think that Hagakure may just continue being an informant, but aside from shutting down UA's defense systems, I'm not sure what else should could do.
Wouldn’t Mina be a better candidate, though? She’s kept up this “hyper duo” image with her, I’d assume she’d pick Mina first, if not Deku’s closest.

Well, if you’d like a description, trying to kidnap Bakugou is like trying to steal that rabid pomeranian down the street. Sure, AFO can try to handle him, keyword is “try”. Even if he basically emasculated Bakugou, he’d still have to deal with incessant screeching. And he certainly wouldn’t want to kill him. Not until Deku arrives.

Kidnapping Bakugou might be more of a hassle than he expects.

JazzMazz

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Well, if you’d like a description, trying to kidnap Bakugou is like trying to steal that rabid pomeranian down the street. Sure, AFO can try to handle him, keyword is “try”. Even if he basically emasculated Bakugou, he’d still have to deal with incessant screeching. And he certainly wouldn’t want to kill him. Not until Deku arrives.
I mean, during the war. Hurting Bakugo made Deku do exactly what AFO expected him to do.

JazzMazz

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Oh, I see.
Kidnapping Bakugo wasn't AFO's idea to begin with, he just went along with Shiggy's plan.

Based off how he is treating Shigaraki this chapter, I presume it went something like.

"Master, I need to assemble a team to kidnap some child to make some vague political point."

"Aw~ Thats such a cute little plan. Of course I'll help my little successor with his adorable evil schemes.~"

"Stop talking like that Master. Its embarrassing. Are you going to help me or not?"

"Whatever you say my dear little Tomura. I'll have my spy give you info on the brats by the noon. Don't worry your greasy little head about it.~"

Bleach—

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Damn rip ojiro dude was the first UA student to get kissed and now his only ship is the traitor LOL

Newkerzy

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Kidnapping Bakugo wasn't AFO's idea to begin with, he just went along with Shiggy's plan.

Based off how he is treating Shigaraki this chapter, I presume it went something like.

"Master, I need to assemble a team to kidnap some child to make some vague political point."

"Aw~ Thats such a cute little plan. Of course I'll help my little successor with his adorable evil schemes.~"

"Stop talking like that Master. Its embarrassing. Are you going to help me or not?"

"Whatever you say my dear little Tomura. I'll have my spy give you info on the brats by the noon. Don't worry your greasy little head about it.~"
Yeah, it wasn’t. But I think he knows by now that Bakugou is not worth the hassle.

masgrande

Reaction score
Country
Puerto Rico
I wonder if Toru is even Toru, for all we know AfO could have taken the invisible ability and replaced Toru with one of his agents in the entrance exam. Another thing, this also brings the possibility that Toru has more than one quirk.

Edit: Gotta say, this washed up the bad taste the S&S situation left me with and makes want to pick it up again.

cracker

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States

The security was always gonna fail or be compromised. The mere fact that it was explained in such detail was pretty much a given.

Bleach—

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I wonder if Toru is even Toru, for all we know AfO could have taken the invisible ability and replaced Toru with one of his agents in the entrance exam. Another thing, this also brings the possibility that Toru has more than one quirk.

Edit: Gotta say, this washed up the bad taste the S&S situation left me with and makes want to pick it up again.
I have a feeling hori wont commit to fully making toru the traitor and just give some excuse like he make a clone of her at some point in the story like how toga switched places with the girl at kistesku high

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
But when will Horikoshi deign to show us an interaction between Izuku and Ochacho?

Last edited: