Chapter Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 374 Discussion

JazzMazz

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
He's about to transfrom into his final stage just like a caterpillar coming out the Cocoon and becoming a butterfly
It would be funnier if he just exploded like a balloon into a downpour of blood and guts and everyone was like "Oh, wtf, that was gross. Guess we win."

SeñiorSeniorJunior

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
It seems like the Twice clones weren't made in advance. She still had twice's blood on her, and there wasn't enough blood to drink it before the fight.

Not to mention, they appear to be holding parts of Froppy's goggle, or some other bit of equiptment from a hero they've been fighting.

Yeah, maybe with Iida's help.

And Uraraka is probably going to be the key to taking out the Twice clones.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Maybe.

Oh yeah, what are the chances that they sent a small army of Twice's to help free Gigantomachia?

Gigantomachia is pretty much a one person army in of himself.
What if uraraka's awakening is her anti gravity spreads to things shes not touching mirroring shiggy

noahreniva.lbss

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
why did the author forgot about Inasa, the guy with the wind quirk? he would be a big help considering hes a hard hitter and probably as strong or stronger than shoto and bakugo. lol

Franz

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Italy
why did the author forgot about Inasa, the guy with the wind quirk? he would be a big help considering hes a hard hitter and probably as strong or stronger than shoto and bakugo. lol
If we list all the characters that the author has forgotten existed, it will take us all day.

avietar

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
It would be funnier if he just exploded like a balloon into a downpour of blood and guts and everyone was like "Oh, wtf, that was gross. Guess we win."
I can see the butterfly metaphor coming to life, with a renewed Tomura rising from the bloody shell of his old form.

Antonho

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Mic fucked up REALLY bad by just standing there watching spinner and talking.

If we list all the characters that the author has forgotten existed, it will take us all day.
They'll probably be used in this arc. Sad man parade is the only opportunity the author will have to show the heroes going all out against multiple targets with the intent to kill

AmyRose

Reaction score
Country
Poland
This is a shonen first and foremost. While you do have a point about it being karma, I'm positive it won't end like that.

It would be as if in DBZ the heroes defeated Dabra and Babidi before they had a chance to resurrect Boo. Would they deserve to have their plans foiled? Were they detestable? Yes and yes, but the outcome was never really in doubt.

In ShigarAFO's case, what would have been the point of building up an extremely strong main villain in a fighting series for him to go down without a fighting chance through heroes shenanigans? Not a chance. He will be defeated and he may have some very big karma headed his way, but he will get a real fight, and it looks like it's about to start.
Yeah but sometime things like this feels like a waste to me. If we are using DBZ as example then all the time when Vegeta made things worse due to his ego was really frustrating at that moment. There was soo many chances to end it before situation will be too serious but there they comes: Vegeta and his ego and Goku and his "giving senzu to the villains because he is soo sure that he win". Well sure, in the end good guy always win but as I love epic wins and big battles wasted chances still makes me angry. We already have dead guy who needs literal miracle to not make it permanent and death of another hero as sacrefice to revive him and there is no dragon balls to fix everything when things will become really bad. Plus after everything Aizawa gone through I wish he could be part of this victory even if he only lend his quirk to Monoma. In my opinion this man need to get some justice and AfO need devastating defeated as last lesson. At least if ereasure will be ended it should be actually in Izukus favor not AfO. You know, like to let him enter AfOs vestige world to make it easier to save Tenko.

Yeah and "original" AfO would be like "Shit, I messed up." and then when the rewind will start to kick in like "Oh no, I'm not ready to leave. Nooooo!" and he would disapear.

Lobo

The Main Man
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Yeah but sometime things like this feels like a waste to me. If we are using DBZ as example then all the time when Vegeta made things worse due to his ego was really frustrating at that moment. There was soo many chances to end it before situation will be too serious but there they comes: Vegeta and his ego and Goku and his "giving senzu to the villains because he is soo sure that he win". Well sure, in the end good guy always win but as I love epic wins and big battles wasted chances still makes me angry. We already have dead guy who needs literal miracle to not make it permanent and death of another hero as sacrefice to revive him and there is no dragon balls to fix everything when things will become really bad. Plus after everything Aizawa gone through I wish he could be part of this victory even if he only lend his quirk to Monoma. In my opinion this man need to get some justice and AfO need devastating defeated as last lesson. At least if ereasure will be ended it should be actually in Izukus favor not AfO. You know, like to let him enter AfOs vestige world to make it easier to save Tenko.
I guess it's a matter of perspective. To me, it would be a real waste for ShigarAFO to just go down like this.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Chapter looks interesting for a chance. I am expecting a twist at this point, things are way too heavily stacked against midoriya. It's impossible for him to face AFO and shigaraki after all, that much is clear. He might even need some time to recover and be able to fight again. I suppose allmight is due an appearance. from a story perspective it'd be quite uninteresting if he doesn't meet AFO soon-ish. I maintain my theory that eri will restore allmight's body and he will make an appearance.

What is really surprising, shocking even, is that dabi is able to output this much power. In a way its annoying because in context the powerup makes zero sense. For shoto circulating his powers through his body resulted in the unification of his two halves. That's the point of the technique. Dabi doesn't have halves, there is no reason we have been told that copying shoto's technique would be any different from what he normally does. That said, I can't believe that dabi can simply endlessly burn away his body and not die. He was basically dying when the fight started. And yet he easily outputs far more power than endeavor ever did at this point. endeavor doesn't have nearly as much freedom flying as dabi just showed. I suppose it will be interesting to see what happens if endeavor also circulates his fire around his body at least though that doesn't seem like a likey development. I think this chapter is further evidence that dabi's quirk has more going on than merely insanely strong fire. He just shouldn't be alive but isn't. His quirk having some other mutation is a better explanation to this than will to live at least.

avietar

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
I think this chapter is further evidence that dabi's quirk has more going on than merely insanely strong fire. He just shouldn't be alive but isn't. His quirk having some other mutation is a better explanation to this than will to live at least.
There is definitely more going on here and I can't wait to find out what it is!

Of course my personal thoughts are Hellfire Rebirth...aka Phoenix fire theory 🔥

cracker

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
There is definitely more going on here and I can't wait to find out what it is!

Of course my personal thoughts are Hellfire Rebirth...aka Phoenix fire theory 🔥
I just want a satisfactory end to Todoroki family drama

nefariousbakugo

Reaction score
Country
Japan
im just glad he didnt end the series this year like he originally planned. but im curious if bakugo is gonna wake tf up soon.

AmyRose

Reaction score
Country
Poland
im just glad he didnt end the series this year like he originally planned. but im curious if bakugo is gonna wake tf up soon.
I think so, mayby when things will starts to look really gloomy. Mayby even patched up by Edgeshot he won't be able to do much but his revival would still be major morale boost. And yup, it's great Horikoshi won't end the manga this year. Endings made in hurry are worst, I'm still recovering from KnY ending.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
I maintain my theory that eri will restore allmight's body and he will make an appearance.
You know it wouldn't help, yes?

animeangryfan4

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
(frustrated sigh) and once again the villians get an edge. When oh when will they suffer the humilating defeat they deserve? Are we to belive the small victories so far actually hidden moments that will help in the grand scheme of things? For teh love of Detroit smash, give us a hero miracle already that everyone (cept me) will feel is an asspull.

noahreniva.lbss

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Yeah, but hes one of the strongest in the series lol. He shouldve utilized him more.

JazzMazz

Reaction score
Country
Australia
(frustrated sigh) and once again the villians get an edge. When oh when will they suffer the humilating defeat they deserve? Are we to belive the small victories so far actually hidden moments that will help in the grand scheme of things? For teh love of Detroit smash, give us a hero miracle already that everyone (cept me) will feel is an asspull.
They will suffer a humiliating defeat after they look on the cusp of victory.

It would not be at all satisfying if the villains were struggling the entire time.

cracker

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
They will suffer a humiliating defeat after they look on the cusp of victory.

It would not be at all satisfying if the villains were struggling the entire time.
Not to mention Deku is already stronger than everyone on the villain side. AFO had to turn Shiggy into an inhumane monster to have a chance, just a chance at defeating OFA.

The villains need all the help they can muster.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Not to mention Deku is already stronger than everyone on the villain side. AFO had to turn Shiggy into an inhumane monster to have a chance, just a chance at defeating OFA.

The villains need all the help they can muster.
It's pretty unlikely that deku is stronger than everyone on the villain side. Deku has been fighting shigaraki who thanks to eraserhead has no quirks and even then shigaraki is still going strong. Deku at his full capacity still has not finished shigaraki of. And then AFO... he is more of a wildcard in a sense because his power is conditioned on many things but overall I would still argue he is the most dangerous person in the war, specially now that he has at least temporarily regained his full power. AFO is easily the most skilled fighter in the war and this absolutely matters. Everyone else in the war is but a child compared to AFO in this regard. The only one alive who actually matched AFO skill in combat was allmight in his prime. Shigaraki has a BS body but he doesn't have nearly as much experience as AFO in using multiple quirks. Even during the war against the PLF when AFO took over shigaraki it was clear that it made a pretty huge difference who was in charge. Deku as of now probably does not stand a chance against any version of AFO and maybe can hold up a candle to mutated shigaraki for a bit. Also, shigaraki wasn't turned into an inhuman monster to have a chance against deku, he was turned into this to hold the AFO quirk and also to break the protective barrier around OFA. Even from a plot angle it's just not the case that shigaraki was turned to defeat deku. Defeating deku isn't the priority after all, it's stealing OFA.

Griffithpt

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
I know that Hori has to make tension happen but I always get the sense that when the pendulum swings for the villain's direction it always swings excessively hard, so much so that it feels like an asspull and while I was expecting Toga to use Twice's blood to avenge him at some point I'm a bit disappointed that it's being used at a moment where it feels like yet another cheap excuse for Shigaraki to avoid dealing with any sort of consequence for his actions.

I don't think there's any other character in the series who's gotten as many "get out of jail free cards" as Shigaraki which is why his development, or lackthereof, is so underwhelming.