Hangout - Boku no Hero Academia Hangout Thread | Page 54 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

KennyKuro

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Venezuela
Changing the subject a bit, we can assume that we will have the results of the Viz Media popularity poll this Monday, right?

Also, I have several doubts.
-How exactly did the voting system work? Was it online? mail? letters?
-With the 200 foreign votes, how is that possible? This popularity poll is not exclusively for Japan?
-Why is All Might in such a low place? He deserves more love :emocat

Jko

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Why are y'all surprised Jirou wasn't in the top 10? She looks like a clown and hasn't done crud.

Yaoyorozu is the only female in this pole to make top 10 lol. Not really surprise since the females really don't do anything in this manga.

Last edited:

SkyJockey

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Changing the subject a bit, we can assume that we will have the results of the Viz Media popularity poll this Monday, right?

Also, I have several doubts.
-With the 200 foreign votes, how is that possible? This popularity poll is not exclusively for Japan?
It’s actually impressive All Might managed to stay in the rankings. Eraserhead got kicked out and he’s been ranked higher than All Might in most of the polls.

ChocoBar9

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
You bought a ballot via Jump or you could buy one online. Since they ran for cheap people bought many at a time in groups to vote for their favorites because there were no restrictions on how many times you could vote for a character.
2000. And yeah since votes from outside Asia was so high they winded up being counted alongside it which is cool.
These polls really have no bearings on anything anymore given the extend the fandom has shown to keep their favorites on top.

seizzoverow

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
while i think jeanist is a good heroes, i didn't think him highly to be on the vote option.
well anyway it was a nice change of pace having hawk,endevaour, and jeanist to the top 10 newcomer.

Jko

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
while i think jeanist is a good heroes, i didn't think him highly to be on the vote option.
well anyway it was a nice change of pace having hawk,endevaour, and jeanist to the top 10 newcomer.
Do you know who the previous top ten were?

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Surprised Hawks and Momo made the top 10. They're two of my favorite characters. Pro-Hero was such a refreshing arc.

Damon blevins

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Did deku really only place 3rd in the latest popularity contest in his own manga?

Meliodaf

Reaction score
Country
United States
Did deku really only place 3rd in the latest popularity contest in his own manga?
I’m more upset at how low Mirio is. Where’s the love for Remillion?

Negbomb DB

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm astonished that Hawks got 4th on the popularity poll. He was literally introduced in the last arc.

Infinity Edge

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
Dude, I searched "boku no hero academia" on tumblr to look for last chapter reactions and I regret it...

More than half of posts are about Bakugou, Krishima and/or Midoriya being a homosexual, people are shipping Jirou x Momo and Toga x Shinsou ......just what the f*ck

Stuff that's not even close to being real. I hate to say it, but at this point it seems to me people are appropriating the characters to illustrate their own lifestyle and interests. It seems to become a trend to take the characters and do whatever you want with them instead of actually shipping and providing an adhere argumentation behind it. This state of things is corrupted and bad. They are not minding the manga at all, I'm not sure those people even read it.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine

Husbando Wars 2018 have begun! Nominate your husbando now!​

ShenGao

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Dude, I searched "boku no hero academia" on tumblr to look for last chapter reactions and I regret it...

More than half of posts are about Bakugou, Krishima and/or Midoriya being a homosexual, people are shipping Jirou x Momo and Toga x Shinsou ......just what the f*ck

Stuff that's not even close to being real. I hate to say it, but at this point it seems to me people are appropriating the characters to illustrate their own lifestyle and interests. It seems to become a trend to take the characters and do whatever you want with them instead of actually shipping and providing an adhere argumentation behind it. This state of things is corrupted and bad. They are not minding the manga at all, I'm not sure those people even read it.
Your first mistake was to go to tumblr. Your second mistake was expecting to find any rationality there.

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Don't know if it was ever shared here, but this gave me a good laughter.

This should also put the Todoroki vs. Bakugo powerlevel discussion ad acta. This gif proves that Ochako is/will be the real deal.

SkyJockey

Reaction score
Country
United States
I’m more upset at how low Mirio is. Where’s the love for Remillion?
Japanese readers don’t care for Mirio for some reason.

Kocksmaw

Reaction score
Country
United States

Press F for our scarred comrade here.

F

In all seriousness, it sucks that those Tumblr people are like that but it's best to just leave them be.

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
@Infinity Edge my nigga I 100% agree it's fucked on there, I even brought it up before in some thread I can't remember. I used to check weekly for reactions after episodes and chapters whenever something interesting happens or even funny fanart of some characters but couldn't do it anymore. I've never been or ever will be gay but I stopped being a big homophobic since entering college but just.... no. It's an absolute dumpster fire filled with fujos. The coolass Akitamochi girl has alot of that stuff on her twitter but that's her twitter and she does so much for the fandom can't even be mad, tumblr however is just way, way different energy. I'll stop there.

Also hope people can get along in the discussion threads. Too much fanboying, emojis, new users capping are derailing the threads. Let's not turn this into FT or Bleach section. Lol

iceemperor

Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
Its only going to get worse once we learn about whatever happened to Touya. I feel like at that point, the fandom will basically explode, in both good and bad ways. The Endeavor hate will be at its peak then and the backlash against Horikoshi for portraying him as someone who is now trying to make things right will be even worse than it was earlier this year.

xAsum0x

Reaction score
Country
United States
Im just happy this is a western thing and its not affecting him in the slightest. Wouldnt be surprised if he didnt even know people were reacting this way. Imagine if he changed his writing style to fit the needs of these sjws and fujos lol