Shounen - Boku to Majo no Jikan by ARAKAWA Shin | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Boku to Majo no Jikan by ARAKAWA Shin

vintagemistakes

Vintage Reboot
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Boku to Majo no Jikan (ボクと魔女の時間)
By ARAKAWA Shin

Demographic:
Shounen
Genre: Comedy Action Supernatural
Status in Japan: 0 volumes (Ongoing)
Serialized in: Jump Square (Shueisha)
Manga Details Page: Here

Summary:

It was supposed to be his most lucky day ever right? so how did he end up dying? And if he's dead why did he wake up in a lab with a strange girl who says she wants to examine him? Not only has his hair turned white and his eyes red, but he can't seem to be wounded by anything. So much for a lucky day huh? [MU]

After reading the first chapter, I don't exactly know where this story is going. That isn't a bad thing... it just seems like it could go in so many directions. Though, even with that said, it is pretty obvious that Hakuu is going to be the star of the series. The mystery behind her and sarcastic sense of humor definitely stands apart from the rest of the story / characters.

Galactic Tomahawk

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Really liked the first chapter, found it totally out of nowhere and pretty much went in blind because I liked the cover art. The two main characters have a great dynamic, and I'm really looking forward to seeing how things develop in the future.

Negative Syndicate

The first chapter was really good. I want to see which direction that this series will lead people into.

Also on color page, it seems male protagonist has drawn like skeleton. So, is that means Tsuzuri, male character, can turn into skeleton?

Last edited by a moderator:

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Re: [NEW] Boku to Majo no Jikan by ARAKAWA Shin

I liked the first chapter too but this happens more often with new series. I also agree with the people who are saying that not knowing where this plot is heading to, might be a good thing. It at least gives you the hunch to read more. I am certainly interested because I want to know more about Hakuu. The comedy was definitely okay

vintagemistakes

Vintage Reboot
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
^^I certainly do agree that more often than not, first chapters are usually really good. This one however, I thought was really well done and the pace was just perfect - never once felt like it was a 60 page chapter.

Also on color page, it seems male protagonist has drawn like skeleton. So, is that means Tsuzuri, male character, can turn into skeleton?
Hakuu did say that he now has super human strength, amazing regenerative powers, and other superhuman abilities so who knows... Though I think it is more likely that he was drawn as a skeleton to just help represent the idea that he is "dead" and that Hakuu plays around with dead people, maybe?

Negative Syndicate

Hakuu did say that he now has super human strength, amazing regenerative powers, and other superhuman abilities so who knows... Though I think it is more likely that he was drawn as a skeleton to just help represent the idea that he is "dead" and that Hakuu plays around with dead people, maybe?
Maybe your right, but it would be really cool if he does change into skeleton.

Also, since there are numerous directions for this series, which direction do people think this series should take, action or comedy or other?

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
^^I certainly do agree that more often than not, first chapters are usually really good. This one however, I thought was really well done and the pace was just perfect - never once felt like it was a 60 page chapter.
Yeah, it was definitely a very good start. Just like you say, the pace was very great. It didn't feel as rushed as some other starts are

Maybe your right, but it would be really cool if he does change into skeleton.

Also, since there are numerous directions for this series, which direction do people think this series should take, action or comedy or other?
First of all, you never know with Shounen. I think that both of them work out. The skeleton is probably some puppet/model which was used by Hakuu to transfer his test subject in it. I think that a skeleton change would be too generic but oh well let's wait and see

Oh, and why do you say or? Action and comedy can perfectly fit the concept of this story.

Finestela

RAW Provider
Reaction score
Country
United States

It feels more like a 1-shot than the first chapter of a series :/
While I had fun reading it, I'm a little bit iffy about the lack of focus. I'm on the fence at the moment.

ibra87

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Indeed. The lack of focus completely removes it worth as a story, but then again that can be changed around in just one chapter. Otherwise it could do like Gintama and have no story just small arcs and hope to captivate its readers that way (which is hard, and Gintama is helluva funny).

Although, Kuroshitsuji (from what few chapters I've read...) seems to be that way and it's doing fine.

Finestela

RAW Provider
Reaction score
Country
United States

I'll just have to wait until the second chapter comes out to form a more decisive opinion of it (which is another month away...)

Negative Syndicate

I happened to see the preview of Jump SQ May/June Issue in Shonen Jump; in this preview page, Tsuzuri is also drawn in skeleton form. So, I think there is more possibility that Tsuzuri might change into skeletion.

Negative Syndicate

Based on chapter 2, I think there is high possibility that this series can turn into action.

dbgohan08

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Where can I see ch2 raw?

Hangedman

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy

Where can I see ch2 raw?
I found only the Chinese scan... HERE

---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

and Here the chapter 3

---------- Post added August 12, 2011 at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was July 27, 2011 at 09:27 PM ----------

Chapter 4 chinese scan (with color page) here

Negative Syndicate

It is confirmed that Boku to Majo no Jikan will be getting vomic.

Hangedman

Reaction score
Country
Italy
chapter 5 chinese scan here

Negative Syndicate

Cast for vomic adpatation of Boku to Majo no Jikan has released:

Tsuzuri Enji - Kaji Yuuki
Hakuu - Saitou Chiwa

Hangedman

Reaction score
Country
Italy
chapter 06 chinese scan here

---------- Post added November 21, 2011 at 11:22 AM ---------- Previous post was November 02, 2011 at 01:22 PM ----------

chapter 07 chinese scan here

helperalpar

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Chapter 4 has missing pages... Where can i find them?