[Bonus Round] Doubles 1 | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Who is the strongest?

• Marui Bunta/Kite Eishirou

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shiraishi Kuranosuke/Kirihara Akaya

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Taira Yoshiyuki/Momoshiro Takeshi

• Akutsu Jin/Kawamura Takashi

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Yagyuu Hiroshi/Liliadent Krauser

• Shishido Ryou/Tanishi Kei

• Inui Sadaharu/Yanagi Renji

• Date Danji/Ishida Gin

• Oishi Shuuichirou/Kikumaru Eiji

• Oshitari Yuushi/Kaidou Kaoru

• Hakamada Izou/Mitsuya Akuto

• Tachibana Kippei/Chitose Senri

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Akutsu is better than Inui and Yanagi.
But Inui and Yanagi are much better than Kawamura.

That's my issue too. He broke a spot light. Like he sent it crashing. That's insane.
Don't think it would be an easy win.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Akutsu is better than Inui and Yanagi.
But Inui and Yanagi are much better than Kawamura.

That's my issue too. He broke a spot light. Like he sent it crashing. That's insane.
Don't think it would be an easy win.
Yeah. I know about tech=power. But how much tech=power? Spotlight is harder than bone. I hope no one will say that is an assumption.

Fayte

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Akutsu has 5 at once.
I'll be honest, I don't care. I have yet to see any reason to believe how many balls you can hit will in any way effect your overall ability. I don't know if Konomi forgot about this thing he was trying to do with it or what, but we have yet to see anything about that thus far. It has yet to be implemented. There has not been a single match that ever told us, the reader, "they can't win because he hits too many balls at once." It is non-existent. So until Konomi makes an effort to make the reader care about who can hit how many balls "practically?" I'm going with "It doesn't matter" on this one. Irrelevant to tier. Hitting more balls does not make you better than someone who can't hit as many. I think perhaps hitting more balls could raise your tier a couple of degrees, but that does not mean there will not be people in that same tier who do not hit that many balls. Again, I think it comes down to overall ability.

Airgrimes said:
And I don't know what makes you think Yanagi has Fuji's technique. Fuji has Closed Eyes. His technique and abilities lift. Unless you meant Base Stats which I agree with.
The context of my post shows that I am in fact referring to base stats, because I went on to say Inui has "power" as well.

Airgrimes said:
Inui in terms of Power shouldn't be able to compete with the current Kawamura however.
In terms of power, I agree. However, my point was not Inui's power going head to head with Kawamura's power. My point was, Inui has enough technique to counter it, and on top of that, he has power to stack with it (Inui as a character is implied to have decent power/physical strength, but we have not seen any literary leads to point the same for Renji). That means overall, Inui will not have much of an issue with "returning" shots from either of them.

Airgrimes said:
Definetely no shut-out here. Although Inui and Yanagi could win this.
I'm definitely not saying it would be. What I am saying is, you people need to wake up to how absurd this pair really is. They have never lost. They, on that mountain, did what Echizen, Sanada, Kintarou, and every other MSer could not, and that is pretty freaking ridiculous. Until I see otherwise, I find no reason to believe they shouldn't be top seed in doubles.

Last edited:

ashore

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
all i know if data pair achieves synchro it could be lights out for most doubles pairs

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
@Fayte,
I agree that 5 at once isn't enough to suggest Top tier level at all. Since it's pretty bland next to the Top guys.

But I reckon 10 at once means something. Otherwise Mifune wouldn't have basically ignored 5 at once and mentioned 10 at once.

Fayte

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
@Fayte,
I agree that 5 at once isn't enough to suggest Top tier level at all. Since it's pretty bland next to the Top guys.

But I reckon 10 at once means something. Otherwise Mifune wouldn't have basically ignored 5 at once and mentioned 10 at once.
I really don't know because like I said, hitting a lot of balls has yet to mean anything to the story. You still only play with one lol. For example, nowhere does it suggest Tezuka can hit more than one ball, yet he has PoP. Because Tezuka's tier is absurdly high, I believe he could beat Kazuya without having to hit 10 balls, which destroys the whole argument of "more balls = better player." So really, I think Konomi just tried to add something stupid to the story that he is finding out doesn't actually work in the end.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I think the whole x at once thing was only added to give us an idea of the overall level of the guys that didn't actually have matches, nothing more. I doubt we'll ever see an actual application of it.

LetalHawk

Reaction score
Country
Spain
I really don't know because like I said, hitting a lot of balls has yet to mean anything to the story. You still only play with one lol. For example, nowhere does it suggest Tezuka can hit more than one ball, yet he has PoP. Because Tezuka's tier is absurdly high, I believe he could beat Kazuya without having to hit 10 balls, which destroys the whole argument of "more balls = better player." So really, I think Konomi just tried to add something stupid to the story that he is finding out doesn't actually work in the end.
Is just a way to show a players skills, but in terms of strength, it doesn't matter that a player can hit 10 balls or the balls he wants, players who hit less balls can win.

For example, Sanada. We know he can hit 5 balls at the same time, but he would destroy most players of the G10. It doesn't matter, in the case of Shuuji, he is a player who can hit 10 balls for sure, so what? He can lose to players like Yukimura or Sanada, rank doesn't matter, the overall strength is what matters.

I believe Tezuka, would beat Oni, Irie, Kazuya, Duke... it's not assumption, he is ithe top of the MS, his base stats are strong plus he has Hyakuren, Saiki and POP. So there are people who say, Oh, POP it's nothing to the top of the first string, they'll be able to deal with it even if is Tezuka who's using it, wrong. It just depends on the player that's using it. Tezuka was really strong before activating it, with it, he can be the No.1 of the first string perfectly. Just the fact that he can't hit 10 balls doesn't prevent him from being the best, because after all, the number of balls you hit it doesn't matter, is the overall strength. Also, probably Konomi made him go to Germany because if he stayed in Japan, he probably would have become the No.1 in no time, really quick, so it was pointless that happened without giving other players any chances to do that and show their improvements.

Konomi just wants to say to us, "hey, these dudes can hit 10 balls, so watch out because they're really strong", but a player like Tezuka with POP who hitting 10 balls at the same time isn't a matter for him, it doesn't make a difference.

Last edited:

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Marui Bunta/Kite Eishirou: 0 votes
Shiraishi Kuranosuke/Kirihara Akaya: 1 vote
Taira Yoshiyuki/Momoshiro Takeshi: 0 votes
Akutsu Jin/Kawamura Takashi: 2 votes
Yagyuu Hiroshi/Liliadent Krauser: 0 votes
Shishido Ryou/Tanishi Kei: 0 votes
Inui Sadaharu/Yanagi Renji: 2 votes
Date Danji/Ishida Gin: 0 votes