Shounen - Boruto by Ukyō Karachi and Mikio Ikemoto | Page 20 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Boruto by Ukyō Karachi and Mikio Ikemoto

1337 haxor

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Well...
I like Jigen's ability. Simple, but still somewhat unique. Wish we got more on that ability before jumping straight to the Jinchuriki? Thing? I guess?
I heard it's based on a folk tale called Issun-Boshi or something and makes Jigen basically antman.

He will likely use this ability more but it's too much of a gimmick to be his main arsenal.

My guess is that Jigen is slightly above Momoshiki in terms of power as his Otstsuki should be rougly on Momoshiki's post absorbing Kinshiki's in terms of power.

I think Naruto and Sasuke will push Jigen to his limit but before they have a chance to defeat him they will be attacked by Jigen's mastermind and possibly left in critical condition with Naruto possibly dying.

Jigen must have had help from someone extremely powerful in order to kill his Otsutsuki and that someone is certainly still lurking around influencing his moves and his ultimate plan.

Doughboy

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
probably the first time in awhile everything I've read this week was pretty good. MHA > 100YQ > DBS > Boruto in that order. This tweet sums up the chapter:

Rikudou King

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm a Sasuke fanboy, so any chapter where he gets to show off in combat is gonna win me over. Jigen's ability is pretty cool, especially with how simple it is, and I liked his intended plan of teleporting Nartuto to another dimension and just leaving him there. Despite the missteps earlier in this arc, Jigen is growing on me as the big bad. Glad to see Naruto remembering his clones too.

1337 haxor

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Well...
Sasuke and Naruto jobbed lol!

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Ridicoulous.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

The same plot of the movie-first arc of the spin off.

jaymizzo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Man, what even is this...

I really don't understand why they wrote this in an age where Naruto and Sasuke are still alive. Its not just that I don't like the authors understanding of the Naruto world but most of the things happening seem forced even for fans of the Manga. Having a character say "you're going all out" without actually showing those characters going all out is just lip service and dumb.

The previous chapter Jigen praises Sasuke for his tactical brilliance and the very next chapter we have these two experienced ninjas choosing to use constructs against an enemy who can shrink... This whole fight was a mess. It felt like the author just wanted to shove some known Naruto and Sasuke powers, call it them going all out and just use them as a hype tool for his villain.

Such an anti-climactic fight to an otherwise good idea to getting rid of Naruto from the story for a while. I mean Jigen says trying to kill Naruto is basically redundant exercise and thats with only the 9 tails factored in. Did the author really know what he was writing? Throughout this fight Naruto has not shown any sensing abilities, battlefield awareness or sharpness (yeah yeah the Author conveniently paid lip service to him being out of shape) and its just ridiculous. Jigen is also a telepath? What is going on?

The idea was great to seal away Naruto who is admittedly a waste of time to try and kill while allowing Sasuke to train Boruto while revealing a long time question as to how Kawaki ends up turning evil. The plot moved forward but the understanding of these characters is lacking.

This fight was incredibly stupid and glad the author will not have a chance to touch Naruto for a long time. Reading reddit is agonising. People bringing up the fact that Kaguya was merely sealed but they conveniently forget that a 16 year old Naruto and Sasuke were able to outmanoeuvre and out-think her and seal her away. Could have at least made it a fucking fight.

Last edited:

Hometown

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Germany
People bringing up the fact that Kaguya was merely sealed but they conveniently forget that a 16 year old Naruto and Sasuke were able to outmanoeuvre and out-think her and seal her away. Could have at least made it a fucking fight.
Naruto and Sasuke didn't outmaneuver shit vs Kaguya, she was made too stupid because she was too overpowered. Sure, N/S were nerfed against Jigen but let's not act as if their fight vs. Kaguya was better than this. Jigen deciding to leave Naruto in his dimension to die in ch. 37 was already more intelligent than anything Kaguya did, especially because she was capable of doing the same damn thing with her spacetime abilities.

jaymizzo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Naruto and Sasuke didn't outmaneuver shit vs Kaguya, she was made too stupid because she was too overpowered. Sure, N/S were nerfed against Jigen but let's not act as if their fight vs. Kaguya was better than this. Jigen deciding to leave Naruto in his dimension to die in ch. 37 was already more intelligent than anything Kaguya did, especially because she was capable of doing the same damn thing with her spacetime abilities.
The only time Kaguya was a major problem for them was when they entered the magnetic world IIRC. Her space time abilities were OP compared to what Jigen is showing and these guys were keeping up (without being able to actually overpower her)and managing to seal her at 16...

Hometown

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Her space time abilities were OP compared to what Jigen is showing and these guys were keeping up (without being able to actually overpower her)and managing to seal her at 16...
Well duh, because she was nerfed like I already said. The only thing she needed to do was teleport N/S to one of her dimensions and leave them there to die. Not to mention all the asspulls it took for them to seal her, such as Obito coming back from the dead or Sakura's punch etc...

They can't keep up with Jigen because he's faster and stronger than Kaguya, by authorial intent and by feats. Kishimoto also made it a point to show us that adult Naruto and Sasuke have become rusty, e.g vs. Shin Uchiha or Momoshiki. The only reason people don't think N/S were nerfed vs. Momoshiki is that they actually won.

jaymizzo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well duh, because she was nerfed like I already said. The only thing she needed to do was teleport N/S to one of her dimensions and leave them there to die. Not to mention all the asspulls it took for them to seal her, such as Obito coming back from the dead or Sakura's punch etc...

They can't keep up with Jigen because he's faster and stronger than Kaguya, by authorial intent and by feats. Kishimoto also made it a point to show us that adult Naruto and Sasuke have become rusty, e.g vs. Shin Uchiha or Momoshiki. The only reason people don't think N/S were nerfed vs. Momoshiki is that they actually won.
How was she nerfed when that was her first introduction? You had absolutely no idea what she was capable of in that time as she was literally a new villain. She dimensioned hopped so much and realised how futile it would be to try and kill Naruto and Sasuke at the same time (or was it Zetsu?).

How were they rusty against Shin, they barely even tried. Vs Momoshiki, they actually stomped him so hard (an actual Alien like Kaguya) who ended up absorbing his partner to get stronger only to get stomped there too. It makes absolutely no sense to bring up Kaguya yet forget these guys in their adult form were able to beat Momoshiki rather easily. And they were nerfed in that fight as well. Its kind of hard to argue with established powers in the manga. We have seen them do a lot more before.

In this fight like I said, Naruto barely used anything in his repertoire aside from those you could get from asking people what Narutos most powerful Jutsu are. The author did not do enough research or have enough respect for the source material. I mean he used a Rasengan, ineffective usage of clones and a chakra construct... a fucking chakra construct against an enemy who can shrink... Im still triggered by that.

Its like the author was just planning to simply show how OP his new villain is so we can look forward to Borutos growth... I seriously wish they did not do this in Naruto/Sasuke era.

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Lol even the comments in Manga+ are mixed, usually every comment be like "BORUTO > NARUTO, BORUTO BEST ALL TIME, FUCK OP". Weebs will weeb

jaymizzo basically said what I was feeling, but I'm guessing yall noticed that Isshiki was the one who we saw overtake Kawaki in the first chapter when he was about to fight Boruto? Tbh this is the part where I think this series will be speeding towards rock bottom, all the mysteries where Naruto went was revealed so there's nothing too interesting to look forward to. The manga hasn't been truly abysmal since Kawaki arc started but that time has ended..

Hometown

Reaction score
Country
Germany
How was she nerfed when that was her first introduction? You had absolutely no idea what she was capable of in that time as she was literally a new villain.
Madara's body turned into Kaguya. Kaguya is basically Madara's power + chakra from everyone trapped in Infinite Tsukuyomi + Black Zetsu's intelligence + Byakugan. The feats she displayed put her well above N/S and Madara, e.g speed blitzing Naruto, shattering Susano'o with ease, not being affected by extreme gravity etc... The Sage of 6 Paths himself needed several months and his brother's help to seal her away. Not to mention that she is the final villain, Madara's superior, who was Obito's superior, who was Pain's superior etc... She is supposed to be the strongest character by authorial intent. So, yes, when someone relatively weak and slow like Sakura can manage to punch her, I dare say she was nerfed. And that is not the only instance of her being nerfed.
How were they rusty against Shin, they barely even tried.
Check Gaiden chapter 6, page 15. Naruto and Kurama themselves admit that Naruto has become rusty. I don't know why you would argue that they didn't even try when
- Naruto used his chakra shroud and Sasuke his eye powers, kenjutsu and ninjutsu
- that'd make them look even worse because it means they needlessly put the children's lives at risk.

You're fine with a nobody whose main schtick is a shit tier Mangekyou Sharingan, a power level that was left in the dust 200+ chapters ago, stabbing Naruto and Sasuke?
Vs Momoshiki, they actually stomped him so hard (an actual Alien like Kaguya) who ended up absorbing his partner to get stronger only to get stomped there too.
In the Boruto anime maybe. In the movie, Sasuke lost in kenjutsu and got his Susano'o and face burned. He was pretty much used as a tool to help Boruto deliver the Rasengan. And when Momoshiki destroyed the arena it didn't even cross his mind to absorb the jutsu using his Rinnegan?
It makes absolutely no sense to bring up Kaguya yet forget these guys in their adult form were able to beat Momoshiki rather easily.
You mean Boruto beat him rather easily. The truth is that the fights and power scaling stopped making sense a long, long time ago but people didn't give a F because their favorite characters ended up winning and/or the animation was great in Momoshiki's case.
In this fight like I said, Naruto barely used anything in his repertoire aside from those you could get from asking people what Narutos most powerful Jutsu are.
He did more than in the Shin Uchiha or Momoshiki fight.

vs Jigen
Naruto: Kurama Sage Mode, Taijutsu, Rasengan, Shadow Clones, Kurama Avatar
Sasuke: Taijutsu, Kenjutsu, Susano'o, Sharingan's Kinetic Vision, Amaterasu, Teleportation

vs Shin Uchiha
Naruto: Kurama Sage Mode
Sasuke: Kenjutsu, Susano'o, Teleportation, Fireball Jutsu

vs Momoshiki
Naruto: Kurama Sage Mode, Taijutsu, Kurama Avatar
Sasuke: Taijutsu, Kenjutsu, Susano'o, Teleportation

Yet you are arguing those fights were better. So let's be honest for a second and think about what exactly is it that made those fights better for you. Is it the flashy animation? Is it the fact that N/S won? It clearly cannot be the variety or number of jutsu used by N/S.

Rikudou King

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, this chapter... was a chapter. Honestly, I feel like the battle took a turn for the worst too fast, and I don't understand why Naruto and Sasuke changed their fighting styles when they had the edge. This should have been the multi-chapter battle, instead of the fight with Delta. I did like the Jigen's plan was just to seal them away, that's a reasonable tactic we didn't really see used all that much towards the Jinchuuriki. Not sure why Sasuke would be incapable of returning though... Still, curious about where we go from here.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
This was the most boringly choreographed fight I've seen in this series. It's such a shame. I really hate how Naruto and Sasuke can't seem to do anything else other than Taijutsu/Rasengan and Teleportation/Sword Swing respectively. While I'm happy the series has somewhat returned to it's low key nature of fights, it sucks that it's all done so plainly.

jaymizzo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Madara's body turned into Kaguya. Kaguya is basically Madara's power + chakra from everyone trapped in Infinite Tsukuyomi + Black Zetsu's intelligence + Byakugan. The feats she displayed put her well above N/S and Madara, e.g speed blitzing Naruto, shattering Susano'o with ease, not being affected by extreme gravity etc... The Sage of 6 Paths himself needed several months and his brother's help to seal her away. Not to mention that she is the final villain, Madara's superior, who was Obito's superior, who was Pain's superior etc... She is supposed to be the strongest character by authorial intent. So, yes, when someone relatively weak and slow like Sakura can manage to punch her, I dare say she was nerfed. And that is not the only instance of her being nerfed.
Once Naruto and Sasuke had access to So6P techniques and chakra, Madara really stood no chance against them. He did not blitz a single one and IIRC it was Naruto who blitzed Madara. Also, where is this information of Kaguya being an a combination of what you just stated? Was her plan not to create Zetsu armies using the Shinobi and not simply to absorb their chakra? Isn't she some form of 10 tail bunny thing?

Madara shattered whoses Susano'o with ease? One of us is confusing the fights here.

Also, Naruto and Sasuke (while inexperienced in So6P), with the help of Sakura and Kakashi sealed her off in less than a day. What took the So6P and his brother months, took these guys a day or less.

Check Gaiden chapter 6, page 15. Naruto and Kurama themselves admit that Naruto has become rusty. I don't know why you would argue that they didn't even try when
- Naruto used his chakra shroud and Sasuke his eye powers, kenjutsu and ninjutsu
- that'd make them look even worse because it means they needlessly put the children's lives at risk.
Naruto was an inexperienced knucklehead fighting against experienced and stronger ninjas and managed to come out on top multiple times. That argument doesn't fly.

Its inline with Jigen saying "so you're going all out"... It means nothing if we actually don't see the action

You're fine with a nobody whose main schtick is a shit tier Mangekyou Sharingan, a power level that was left in the dust 200+ chapters ago, stabbing Naruto and Sasuke?
Im sure if I took time to reread the chapter there would be some reasonable context behind what happened.

In the Boruto anime maybe. In the movie, Sasuke lost in kenjutsu and got his Susano'o and face burned. He was pretty much used as a tool to help Boruto deliver the Rasengan. And when Momoshiki destroyed the arena it didn't even cross his mind to absorb the jutsu using his Rinnegan?
I need to reread this/rewatch this, not taking your word for it.

You mean Boruto beat him rather easily. The truth is that the fights and power scaling stopped making sense a long, long time ago but people didn't give a F because their favorite characters ended up winning and/or the animation was great in Momoshiki's case.
Boruto did what now?

He did more than in the Shin Uchiha or Momoshiki fight.

Naruto: Kurama Sage Mode, Taijutsu, Rasengan, Shadow Clones, Kurama Avatar
Sasuke: Taijutsu, Kenjutsu, Susano'o, Sharingan's Kinetic Vision, Amaterasu, Teleportation

vs Shin Uchiha
Naruto: Kurama Sage Mode
Sasuke: Kenjutsu, Susano'o, Teleportation, Fireball Jutsu

vs Momoshiki
Naruto: Kurama Sage Mode, Taijutsu, Kurama Avatar
Sasuke: Taijutsu, Kenjutsu, Susano'o, Teleportation

Fight choreography matters. Strategy also plays a huge role in why these two are considered to be so dangerous. Against Momoshiki, they didn't just start using constructs from the get go, Naruto used a chakra shield to take on the first attack (logical), the second time we see a construct is when its fighting another construct... Not Naruto and Sasuke using Kurama and Susano'o respectively to attack such a small target. The reason people were happy with that fight was because it was well choreographed. You could see how they got an edge and why they fought the way they did.

Against Jigen its literally
Show Naruto and Sasuke iconic jutsu​
Call it "going all out"​
???​
Profit​

The fight had no logic or strategy behind it.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Lol even the comments in Manga+ are mixed, usually every comment be like "BORUTO > NARUTO, BORUTO BEST ALL TIME, FUCK OP". Weebs will weeb

jaymizzo basically said what I was feeling, but I'm guessing yall noticed that Isshiki was the one who we saw overtake Kawaki in the first chapter when he was about to fight Boruto? Tbh this is the part where I think this series will be speeding towards rock bottom, all the mysteries where Naruto went was revealed so there's nothing too interesting to look forward to. The manga hasn't been truly abysmal since Kawaki arc started but that time has ended..
The author is banking on people being invested in how strong Boruto will become if Naruto and Sasuke lost so easily. Still wants to cash in on Naruto and Sasuke nostalgia by keeping them about and feeding that hope that maybe they'll have their revenge.

Man, imagine someone like Oda having the right to write a Naruto sequel.

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
This really should of been multiple chapters, last chapter had me kinda *gulp* hyped thinking that Naruto/Sasuke team up vs. Juubi Isshiki-Jigen. I'll be honest the best thing that came out of Naruto vs. Delta was Naruto winning and Delta's color scheme kinda made her hot, that's about it. I would of took multiple chapters with Jigen confrontation over a 4 month battle that all that came from it was we learned she has multiple Dr. Gero backup bodies in their base.

I really don't know where the story is going to go now, Jigen will clearly die from not being a viable vessel so I guess more on Karma or Otsukisukis before the timeskip fight.... to this day I wish we stayed in the blank period arc for more time before Boruto, you guys need really need to watch Shippuden episodes 480-500 to see what I mean, make Naruto great again :/

Hometown

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Once Naruto and Sasuke had access to So6P techniques and chakra, Madara really stood no chance against them.
Not true as they didn't even fight him after he acquired the second Rinnegan and became significantly stronger (he could create double the amount of Limbo clones afterwards).

Madara "kills" N/S > N/S get So6P chakra > N/S go toe to toe with Madara > Madara steals 2nd Rinnegan > Madara launches Infinite Tsukuyomi and is betrayed by Black Zetsu before he gets a chance to fight N/S seriously
Also, where is this information of Kaguya being an a combination of what you just stated?
What is it that made Madara so strong?

It's the Ten-Tails of which he became the Jinchuuriki. Ten-Tails is the combination of the God Tree (which Madara absorbed after Naruto got his So6P buff) and Kaguya herself.

This is why Black Zetsu could revive Kaguya from Madara's body in the first place.

He also awakened the Rinnegan by mixing Indra's and Ashura's chakra, Kaguya's grandchildren.

Kaguya is stronger than Madara because she has everything Madara had and more, e.g Byakugan, more broken abilities (space-time hax and Ash Bones), automatic chakra absorption, greater physical prowess etc. Unlike Madara, she has all the chakra in the world --bar Naruto's, Sasuke's, Kakashi's, Obito's and Sakura's-- because of Infinite Tsukuyomi's ability to sap its victims' chakra.

Was her plan not to create Zetsu armies using the Shinobi and not simply to absorb their chakra?
It's both. The Rinnegan drove her crazy and she became power-obsessed. "All chakra belongs to me" is something she said multiple times after her revival.
Madara shattered whoses Susano'o with ease? One of us is confusing the fights here
Yeah, I was talking about Kaguya.
Also, Naruto and Sasuke (while inexperienced in So6P), with the help of Sakura and Kakashi sealed her off in less than a day. What took the So6P and his brother months, took these guys a day or less.
Which just shows how bad the powerscaling had become. It was only after Sasuke put all of the Bijuu into Susanoo and became a pseudo Ten-Tail's Jinchuuriki that he rivalled Hagoromo's strength.
And that's after the Kaguya fight. During the Kaguya fight he was nowhere near as powerful.
Naruto was an inexperienced knucklehead fighting against experienced and stronger ninjas and managed to come out on top multiple times. That argument doesn't fly.

Its inline with Jigen saying "so you're going all out"... It means nothing if we actually don't see the action
Why not? It's outright told that he's become rusty. All he's done is paperwork after he fought Sasuke. Lol.
Im sure if I took time to reread the chapter there would be some reasonable context behind what happened.

I need to reread this/rewatch this, not taking your word for it.
Do so and let me know your thoughts.
Boruto did what now?
Boruto landed the final Rasengan that killed Momoshiki. People say "but it was Naruto's chakra in the Rasengan!" but they forget that it requires masterful chakra control to maintain a jutsu that size and pushing it through Momoshiki's own Rasengan-like jutsu.
Fight choreography matters. Strategy also plays a huge role in why these two are considered to be so dangerous. Against Momoshiki, they didn't just start using constructs from the get go, Naruto used a chakra shield to take on the first attack (logical), the second time we see a construct is when its fighting another construct... Not Naruto and Sasuke using Kurama and Susano'o respectively to attack such a small target. The reason people were happy with that fight was because it was well choreographed. You could see how they got an edge and why they fought the way they did.

Against Jigen its literally
Show Naruto and Sasuke iconic jutsuCall it "going all out"???Profit
But your original argument was about variety and number of jutsu, not strategy and choreography.

I suggest you to rewatch the movie fight. Now don't get me wrong, I love that fight because it's beautifully animated but there wasn't much strategy. It's just cool looking taijutsu with a megazord fight. Momoshiki used his chakra construct in reaction to Naruto's and not the other way around. Had the Kage not saved Naruto from Momoshiki's Chibaku Tensei, Sasuke would likely be dead. What chakra shield are you talking about?

Against Jigen they used the teleportation trick and while it's overused it's more strategical than what I've seen in the movie version of N/S vs Momoshiki.

Last edited:

smokeesid

Reaction score
Country
India
After giving a little thought to the recent fight. Naruto is almost can not be defeated. But here he needs Sasuke to analyze and understand and intervene. There are inconsistency here as well. Because of sage chakra, even if you evade Naruto's punch, the natural energy surrounding it will certainly hit you doesn't matter you are small or big. Here it clearly didn't happen as it was given in the picture. Along with that, there are repercussion of absorbing senjutsu chakra, as it was shown in Nagato and Naruto's fight.

If these inconsistencies are appearing so quickly, I am dropping this manga

Last edited:

Sachsenhesse

Reaction score
Country
Germany
So... will we now see Kawaki fixing a pictureframe for the next 30 chapters?