1. We Never Learn, U19, Demon Prince Poro's Diaries, Hungry Marie, Dr. Stone, Robot x Laserbeam. Tell us what you think of the newest additions to the WSJ line-up HERE!
  2. The new season of the Anime League is here! Tell us which new Anime of this season you liked the most so far!
  3. We are looking for new moderators and News Writers. If you are interested, apply here.
  4. Thank you for participating in this years FT Awards. The winners of each category have been decided, please check them out!
  5. The Waifu Wars 2017 are over. Time for applause!
  6. This web comic needs more readers. So what are you waiting for? Read :D.

7. Congratulations Seraph for winning the Dystopia short story contest!, and well done to the other participants!.
    New Week, New Contest!
    Freestyle time!. The theme is Manhwa.

Voting has begun for the Color & Black and white photography contest contest!.
  8. Starting from mid-February or so we'll be going through the media gallery and sorting through the submissions there to ensure they match with our recent changes listed in the Media Gallery Guide.
    As such some media files will be removed, so please be sure to look through your media and ensure it is up to requirements If you have any questions, contact a global/admin.
In case you've missed it, Mangahelpers is recruiting new Moderators/News Writers. If you're interested, please read HERE for more information.
Though artists in particular, everyone please do check out the [MEDIA GUIDE] , as there are information relevant for you all. Thanks!

Shounen Boruto by Ukyō Karachi and Mikio Ikemoto

Discussion in 'Manga # - H' started by WithYouInSpirit, Oct 20, 2016.

1. Tonix

Tonix Registered User

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

United States
    Why do you think Sarada is being portrayed as a whore/being sexualized? She was in her private room, late at night, do you all wear super concealing clothing when you are in private? When I get home, and am in private, I don't feel the need to cover my body either.

There were no booty shot panels, or sexy posses, I think you are just being over-sensitive.

2. Doughboy

Doughboy Registered User

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity

United States
    Naw, you didn't read the convo fully. The indoor clothes is fine but her ninja gear is trash and thot-like. Makes no sense why Ikemoto is sexualizing her when he clearly has a template of her outfit with both the manga, anime, and movie for him available.

Styx likes this.
  3. Tonix

Tonix Registered User

United States
    Well, I went back as far as Mangastream goes (ch4) and it doesn't seem like her ninja outfit has changed at all? So that's at least 9 months of the same outfit, why all the sudden misguided outrage?

4. Styx

Styx Registered User

Holy Britannian Empire
    The problem is with Ikemoto's changes to the original Sarada by Kishimoto. People angry over it have always been angry over it, it is just super annoying and disgusting to see it happening more and more (new things being made to sexualize her) as each new chapter comes out. Clothes, poses and attitude, for example. You cannot find one instance in the original manga in which Sarada acts like she does in Ikemoto's work, or dresses the same or poses the same. You can't because she's been changed completely.

Doughboy likes this.
  5. Tonix

Tonix Registered User

United States
    I guess we have to agree to disagree then, since I don't see anything sexual about Sarada in the least bit.

I would also like to mention that someone with an established symbol of racism and intolerance in their signature has a lot of nerve to be outraged over how a fictional manga character is drawn. (something about glasshouses and stones or whatever)

6. Styx

Styx Registered User

Holy Britannian Empire
    I guess we do have to agree to disagree. I never came here to force you to change your thinking, anyways. You asked a question, I answered. I'm allowed to have my opinions on the matter and I happen to think making a twelve year old girl dress like a prostitute and act sexual is disgusting.

Good thing I don't care what you "think" about my sig or the flags, but please try to keep to the discussion and the point of the thread. :)

Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
  7. Junior

Junior Registered User

The Wall
    Sarada is definitely being oversexualized. It's distracting and unneeded. But hey, people like what they like I guess? I just ignore it for the most part.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2017
    Styx and Doughboy like this.
  8. eefrit

eefrit Who Dat Boy?

Mangahelper

United States
    Next chapter is out for those who are interested.

Nothing much I can say about it. Ending was expected.

9. Styx

Styx Registered User

Holy Britannian Empire
    It wasn't a bad chapter, it was just...boring. I'm just glad to be over the hostage situation. Hopefully something big will come of this.

10. Doughboy

Doughboy Registered User

United States
    This chapter just made me "lol". Waste of time, Boruto is a prodigy. Next up is the B rank mission but after these "villains" I have no faith it'll be entertaining.

Styx likes this.
  11. KiSwordsman

KiSwordsman Registered User

United States
    I like how the goal is apparently to make Bolt different from his father. However, the only differences I saw so far this chapter was his use of lightning techniques and Uchiha related shuriken techniques (I'm not really sure how taking out shuriken's counts as Uchiha shuriken techniques but whatever). Most of that was textbook Naruto. I will say it's a bit unfortunate that he doesn't know the fire techniques. Ultimate shield my ass.

12. Styx

Styx Registered User

Holy Britannian Empire
    Anime version of Boruto is far more different than manga version. He really just seems like a more intelligent version of Naruto.

13. nichendrix

nichendrix Registered User

Brazil
    I don't know how much of the Anime will be canon in the Manga, but it seems that another Ootsutsuki will be coming, if so, we already have a hint about how Konoha was destroyed and how Kawaki got his power ups. Also it seems that Naruto's perfect sage mode gives him some measure of ability to see chakra/natural energy.

14. Styx

Styx Registered User

Holy Britannian Empire
    The anime and manga are perfect canon, according to Kishi at least. It was hard to see where it exactly sat on a timeline within the universe, but the up and coming Sarada arc at least makes it easier. We know now its a few months at the most before the Boruto movie.

15. Ice King

Ice King Registered User

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member

Italy
    Nope.

Ita Toneri
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 12, 2017, Original Post Date: Aug 12, 2017 ---
    As if.

16. Styx

Styx Registered User

Holy Britannian Empire
    You don't think the manga is canon despite Kishimoto stating it is? Why?

17. Ice King

Ice King Registered User

Italy
    Because the original manga is ended.

18. Doughboy

Doughboy Registered User

United States
    Huh? What are you talking about? Boruto manga is 100% canon, it's the continuation of the Naruto manga.

19. Ice King

Ice King Registered User

Italy
    Only the manga is canon. Boruto is a spin off, nothing more. Other actors, other story.

Hanzō likes this.
  20. Styx

Styx Registered User

Holy Britannian Empire
    Even if Kishi said it is canon? I can understand denying it, honestly. I really want to considering how they've ruined Sarada.... :(