Shounen - BOZEBEATS by Ryoji Hirano | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen BOZEBEATS by Ryoji Hirano

Mankichi Togawa

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Spain
BOZEBEATS

Original Publisher: Shueisha
Serialised in : Weekly Shonen Jump
Genre : Action, Adventures
Premise:
BOZEBEATS is a "priest expelling demons action" story that centers on a priest (bōzu) who lives alone on a strange mountain, when he meets a young man who was raised by wolves.

OfficialHxH

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
3 people have said this is good. I'm looking forward to reading this

Obitooooo

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Colombia
Good luck !!! I'm very impressed with the color page.

Last edited:

Mankichi Togawa

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Spain
I'm surprised. Tbh was waiting for some crappy art after these previews, but this looks AMAZING (and reminds me heavily to Gackt by the way).

If entire first chapter is like that, the bar would be set very high. This could be bad for Ryoji, but let's wait to see.

cody

Reaction score
Country
Joker
I've had my eyes on this author for a while and because I thought his Boze one-shot from 2016 looked cool, then I checked out his twitter and he had a bunch of cool art sketches posted there, so I knew he was working hard to improve and I knew he would eventually get a chance in the magazine with a serialization. My initial hype for his Bozebeats serialization announcement was a bit flattened out when I saw his drastic art chance, and the Preview shot for the manga looked pretty bad.

I'll throw away my worries about the art away for now, since those color pages look very promising. Now, the only thing that's left is for the manga to actually be good, hopefully it is, it would be cute to see this author I've known about for a while to take off, that would be a first for me.

EDIT:
If the manga is good, then it has a good chance of surviving, let me elaborate further.

There are 4 slots in WSJ that are up for the grabs right now, which is a huge chance. Gintama, Spring Weapon No. 1, Golem Hearts and Full Drive are all going to end sooner or later and they all provide a precious slot in the magazine.

I copied this from the WSJ thread.

Gintama - Will end this year for sure, that means a guaranteed free extra spot in the magazine, which is huge.
Spring Weapon No. 1 - Very unstable, could finish at any moment, which would free up another spot.
Golem Hearts is already dead to me, so that would be another slot up for the grabs.
Full Drive is also dead to me, so another slot is available.
Cross Account and Shuudan both finished so Bozebeats and Actage will replace them, Actage in theory is another unstable spot until we further know more about it.

Last edited:

xAsum0x

Reaction score
Country
United States
I see chapter 1 is getting talk on Twitter since the it's Monday however I can't understand Japanese to interpret xD I would assume they're positive though, I've seen some fanart drawn of the first chap that the mangaka retweeted

cody

Reaction score
Country
Joker
LH translations? Their translations are atrocious from what I've seen so I recommend waiting for some better alternative.

Soralied

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Yeah, there's spelling and grammatical errors. I didn't notice anything too atrocious though. Viz will be out in a couple of hours anyway.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Well, the translations seem a little rough, but you can make out what is being said mostly. The art was good as were the designs (the suicide evil spirit monster was my top pick). The premise - it was enough to keep my attention. 50-50 about the final part of the chapter where there was a 6-month timeskip, could be good or bad, I'll judge that later on.

OfficialHxH

Reaction score
Country
United States
English cover for Bozebeats:

xAsum0x

Reaction score
Country
United States
man the lh translation was so bad, It shaped my view of the chapter itself lol, when I read viz I thought it was great, and the art is really good as well. Cliches are fine as long as done properly.

OfficialHxH

Reaction score
Country
United States
So apparently Mangastream did chapter 1 of Bozebeats. It seems stupid to do it after Viz releases. Viz is always the way to go but if Mangastream decides to pick it up and publishes the same day then I'll read it. I always read Viz afterwards anyway to get the full grasp of it all.

xAsum0x

Reaction score
Country
United States
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Amount of fanart being posted is a good sign right? Really don't want another canceled battle shonen.

costicla

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Romania
Well, that was a pretty good start. I`m curios to see more of these high-tech battle priests. As usual with Jump, hope it manages to survive.

Admiral Teach

Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
Your hopes will kill it! Stop! Don't hope for anything. Expectation is the bati by which the SJ fiends lure you into a series they already intend to consign to the deepest void.