Conditional - Brandish vs TO Sherria | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Conditional Brandish vs TO Sherria

Who wins?

• Brandish

• TO Sherria

Results are only viewable after voting.

Kiki

S-Slave
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Battle of self-healer: @Brandish vs TO Sherria

Conditions:
  • Brandish can't burst TO Sherria's organs
  • No time limit for TO Sherria
Who wins?

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Brandish should take this

Dunno about the difficulty.

Eclopse

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
I'd normally say Brandish because no slayer advantage but TO Sherria did slay Dimaria pretty hard, and Dimaria herself oneshotted Brandish. I guess it depends on whether Brandish can OHKO hax with organs shrinking or not.

Star Frost

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I would say Brandish. Besides TO, Sherria’s slayer advantage did help her win against Dimaria. So there’s no telling if TO would help beat Brandish

MangerDan

Reaction score
Country
United States
Brandish wins hard to say what difficulty since we don’t know how strong TO Sherria was. Hell she could’ve been spriggan tier for all we know.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Any reason Brandish can't just shrink Chelia down to size? If not, I don't see why Brandish doesn't stomp.

Chelia had a slayer advantage against Dimaria and still had Wendy's help. She also can't beat Brandish the same way Dimaria did.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Also, even without a time limit, Chelia can't use any more attacks than what she did against Dimaria. 3rd Origin is literally all the magic she would have accumulated in her lifetime. What she showed against Dimaria with her secret art. That was it. Chelia actually collapsed in exhaustion after that spell, which is basically what happens everytime we see people exhaust their magical power.

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Any reason Brandish can't just shrink Chelia down to size? If not, I don't see why Brandish doesn't stomp.

Chelia had a slayer advantage against Dimaria and still had Wendy's help. She also can't beat Brandish the same way Dimaria did.

Also, even without a time limit, Chelia can't use any more attacks than what she did against Dimaria. 3rd Origin is literally all the magic she would have accumulated in her lifetime. What she showed against Dimaria with her secret art. That was it. Chelia actually collapsed in exhaustion after that spell, which is basically what happens everytime we see people exhaust their magical power.
Pretty sure Ultear said Cheria would get the strength she developed in the future, not all the MP she'd accumulate in her life. TO put Cheria in her prime, it even made her body grow into her mid 20s.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Pretty sure Ultear said Cheria would get the strength she developed in the future, not all the MP she'd accumulate in her life. TO put Cheria in her prime, it even made her body grow into her mid 20s.
Third origin gives her all the power they have the potential to possess in the future.
But in any case, the point still stands. Chelia collapsed from exhaustion after using her secret art. That's a hard cap on what she can do. If we assume that Chelia can use 3rd origin beyond that point, we're giving her more magic power than she has canonically shown. It'd be kind of like asking what would it be like if Natsu could just spam his dragon force finishers that should exhaust him.

atlantisreturns

Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
For Brandish , it's never any difficulty battle. Either she stomps , or she gets stomped. Either she busts apart their organs , or she doesn't.( because of more MP of opponent ).
And in this case , I'm sure Brandish is going to stomp.

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Third origin gives her all the power they have the potential to possess in the future.
But in any case, the point still stands. Chelia collapsed from exhaustion after using her secret art. That's a hard cap on what she can do. If we assume that Chelia can use 3rd origin beyond that point, we're giving her more magic power than she has canonically shown. It'd be kind of like asking what would it be like if Natsu could just spam his dragon force finishers that should exhaust him.
But why would Cheria's body mature if she was just using her accumulated MP, rather than the power she'd have in her prime? That doesn't make any sense. "All the power you have the potential to possess" sounds to me like Cheria will be fulfilling her potential completely, rather than just getting all the accumulated MP of her lifetime.

Pretty sure TO wore off before she collapsed.

Reactions: Jko

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
But why would Cheria's body mature if she was just using her accumulated MP, rather than the power she'd have in her prime? That doesn't make any sense. "All the power you have the potential to possess" sounds to me like Cheria will be fulfilling her potential completely, rather than just getting all the accumulated MP of her lifetime.

Pretty sure TO wore off before she collapsed.
I honestly think it's because Mashima wanted to draw Chelia with boobs. If Chelia were to go to age where she had the highest amount of magical power in her life, why didn't she become an old woman? Unless we are to say Chelia peaked in her 20s and never became stronger after that.

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I honestly think it's because Mashima wanted to draw Chelia with boobs. If Chelia were to go to age where she had the highest amount of magical power in her life, why didn't she become an old woman? Unless we are to say Chelia peaked in her 20s and never became stronger after that.
Oof, can't deny that.
Though her peaking at her 20s seems likely, given that the future looks decently bright in the FT world. I don't think old man Natsu will be that much stronger than he is now.

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States
Prime age would be 20s. Prime power can be reached and maintained throughout the years however, no matter the age. Makes sense that Sherria would be in her prime body rather than one in an older age, but that doesn't mean she didn't have her peak power. Look at Makarov, his power and body in it's prime would make him much more formidable than just having his peak power.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
I am not sure about prime age being 20 only,look at Gildarts for example,he is far stronger now compared to what he was in Tenrou.

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I am not sure about prime age being 20 only,look at Gildarts for example,he is far stronger now compared to what he was in Tenrou.
True, but he started old in the story. We also don't really know how powerful Gildarts was in his prime. On Tenrou he had just recently had his organs gouged out and lost an arm and a leg. I think his fight with Acno was maybe a month before? In any case he still needed to be bandaged up. While in Alvarez he had a new weaponized arm and presumably had completely recovered from his fight with Acno.

I'd buy that Gildarts has trained to the point where he's stronger now than he was before his injuries, he's the kind of character that values strength as more than just a means to protect people. But I'd say he was still at least on the level of God Serena back before his encounter with Acnologia, probably still stronger.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Okay. Say I agree with the intrepretation that Chelia was warped to her prime as opposed to using all the magic power she would have in her lifetime....

There still isn't any reason to believe that Chelia can do more than what she showed against Dimaria. It's not like we've ever seen her use a stronger attack than her secret art, and how can we know she had magic power left over after that attack? It seems like to me we need to assign an arbitrary level of magic power to Chelia.

To bring this discussion back in full circle, wouldn't it just be whether or not we believe 20 year old Chelia can put up a decent fight against Brandish? In which case, is there any reason to believe that 20 year old Chelia would do better than Gray against Brandish? If not, then what are Gray's chances against Brandish? It would seem like to me that Brandish stomps either way.

Livinbreathineatin

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'd normally say Brandish because no slayer advantage but TO Sherria did slay Dimaria pretty hard, and Dimaria herself oneshotted Brandish. I guess it depends on whether Brandish can OHKO hax with organs shrinking or not.
Chelia never slayed Dimaria hard at all.Dimaria was tanking her attacks and was only defeated by her finisher. Dimaria one shotted Brandish because she stopped time. She would’ve done the exact same thing to Chelia if Ultear wasn’t there so what a way to ignore context.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Since Brandish is nerfed I'll give Sherria a mid diff chance against her.

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States
Brandish drops an island size pebble on her face. Her powers are not only limited to the size of people.