Registered User英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
- Apr 5, 2006
- Reaction score
okie...had some free time last night and erm...did some tinkering around photostudio and 'tried' to follow the cleaning tut. Now, this is my very 1st attempt (heck, its the 1st time i even use photostudio!). just 1 panel. as you can see, i've only gotten to making black well, black and so forth for white. its no where near Rush's work...but its easier for me to ask questions & 'understand' your answers by showing it to you. (and yes, i'm actually quite proud that i even got this far )Fnuckale said:You might wanna learn the basics of photoshop first, might save you a lot of trouble.
I filled in the b & w with de-speckle filter, then paintbucket, finally manually with brush. The levelling (nice graph in the tut btw) is just beyond me. my questions (my apologies in advance if the questions are painful): -
1. Is the method i used ok?
2. I'm using a touch pad mouse on my laptop. I find it really really hard to colour/draw around curves/lines. (Note the smudges) My attempts with the Pen tool were DISASTROUS! Is it just a matter of practice or are there more accurate hardwares?
3. Is there a way to bring out the outlines w/o manually drawing over them?3
(I haven't gotten very far with the tut. So if the answer is in there, just direct me back there...)
4. Is the 'lasso' like a free hand select tool?
5. Do i need to make cut outs and make layers (u have no idea how long it took me to understand what a 'layer' is) for better cleaning effect?
6. How do i select and cut out accurately? So far, all my attempts at free hand cutting comes with an uneven edge/halo around the cut out image.
In short, am i even heading in the right direction?