Shounen - Buster Keel! by Sakamoto Kenshirou | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Buster Keel! by Sakamoto Kenshirou

Ju-da-su

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Thailand
The new manga, Buster Keel! by Sakamoto Kenshirou, is serialized in November 2008 issue of Monthly Shounen Rival. Discuss about it~ X3

Summary:
"Adventurers" are the group of people who set off on the adventure to defeat monsters of different ranks. The adventurers are divided into many categories according to their fighting style, eg. Monster Users or Fighters. One young Adventurer, Keel, set off for his journey to find the adventurer, Shiva the Monster User, who is called as the world's best for defeating the fearsome S-ranked monster known as Dragon Ape and who he claimed to have taken something very important away from him. He met with Ravi, another adventurer who is a Monster User, with her monster, Mippy, and decide to stick with her because he was told by the person in the town that Ravi might know where Shiva is . . .

PS. I suck at summary . . . as well as choosing good preview pictures, sorry . . . >_<"

Dragon04

Reaction score
Country
United States
Sound like it might just have some promise. I'll have to check it out if it gets a scan which I hope it does.

EL_manana

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
I don't like the art, but the girl's powers are cool. And I love pierced ears^^
Well, the whole rock style is good, but other than that it seems typical shonen.

Queenofmuffins

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Re: [NEWCOMER] Buster Keel! by Sakamoto Kenshirou

There's a chance JAC scans will pick it up. ^^

EL_manana

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation

COOL! +^__^+

Queenofmuffins

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Australia

Summary:
"Adventurers" are the group of people who set off on the adventure to defeat monsters of different ranks. The adventurers are divided into many categories according to their fighting style, eg. Monster Users or Fighters. One young Adventurer, Keel, set off for his journey to find the adventurer, Shiva the Monster User, who is called as the world's best for defeating the fearsome S-ranked monster known as Dragon Ape and who he claimed to have taken something very important away from him. He met with Ravi, another adventurer who is a Monster User, with her monster, Mippy, and decide to stick with her because he was told by the person in the town that Ravi might know where Shiva is . . .
Okay, I've finished translating it.

My only problem is that I've translated some things differently to what you have in the summary- for example, I translated his name as "Shiba" not "Shiva" because his name is written as Shiba in Japanese, "Monster User" as "Monster/Demon Trainer"... so I was wondering, which is correct? Are those the official names and terms? Should I change mine or can I keep them? :s

Ju-da-su

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Thailand

Okay, I've finished translating it.

My only problem is that I've translated some things differently to what you have in the summary- for example, I translated his name as "Shiba" not "Shiva" because his name is written as Shiba in Japanese, "Monster User" as "Monster/Demon Trainer"... so I was wondering, which is correct? Are those the official names and terms? Should I change mine or can I keep them? :s
About official name . . . it's actually Siva . . . *point to page 1 under the statue*

As for monster user thing . . . nope, there is no official term, so I just translate it as "Monster User" because she uses monster in battle (not to mention 魔獣使い just literally means someone who use monster/demon/etc. >_<"). So, I don't think there's one correct term for it . . . at least from what I looked in the first chapter, so guess there is actually no need in changing it. >_<"

Shurou

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States

"Trainer" makes good sense, but I'd say it's safer to translate it as "User"... but that's not the real reason for my own recommendation (well, I do lean towards "User" since I'm a more literal-translation-when-I-can-help-it type of translator).

"Trainer" reminds me of Pokemon too much. And that's no good.