Can Baam defeat a hight ranker commander now?

Discussion in 'Tower of God' started by projectX, Oct 11, 2018.

1. projectX

projectX Registered User

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner

Bulgaria
    I just read that Baam is weak and cant stand against hight rankers like Chunlee,Kallavan and Sharon....but he is speacial a fighting prodigy with great potential and skill.Gustang and Evanknell cant hold all the hight rankers so we need for the main hero to step right into the fire and to show who he is the son of V and Arlene the child that will destroy the system in the Tower and will became the light in the dark tower.

2. King Dryst

King Dryst Registered User

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member

United States
    No. If he can take on one or two of the normal Rankers in the force, then that's all that can reasonably be expected of him right now. You mentioned Gustang, but I think you meant Jinsung. If Gustang does show, he can pretty much obliterate Kallavan and his forces on his own.

Namchan and projectX like this.
  3. Asako

Asako Registered User

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

Tunisia
    No I don't think baam can take a high ranker and especially a commander, at least not now, he may be able to hold on for awhile but I definitely don't think he can defeat a high ranker.

4. kkck

kkck Waifu Slayer

神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike

Fire Nation
    Quite frankly, I'd think bam would struggle against even an average ranker right now. If it comes to any of the high rankers we have seen so far I'd think the scenario would be the following:

Bam summons as many orbs as he can. Last we saw it was 3.

Activates his thorn.

Bam activates his admin powers.

Bam uses all of that to make his triple orb boosted fourth orb.

Fires his blast that matched zahard's needle attack at chunhee's completely unprotected face. Not even shinsoo reinforcement. And chunhee will proceed to not feel a god damn thing. She will wonder which worthless ranker she has to fire for leaving a window which allowed an unnecessary draft into her presence.

That said, there is a caveat here. Bam from the point he fought zahard will only grow in strength even faster than before. He is actually on his way to catching up the family heads. And he has to do that at around the time he finishes climbing the tower, not after he finishes climbing. We have also seen that good old urek is capable of defeating powerful rankers with a mere finger. Which is.... 1% of urek's strength? So if bam wants to defeat zahard he needs to grow say... 1%-ish of urek's strength every floor until he reaches the 134th floor. And of course, it has been a month or so since the fight with data zahard. So its a real possibility that bam's strength has increased an important portion of that 1% he needs per floor. Normally climbing a floor takes well over a month after all. Urek climbed the tower in 50 years iirc. Meaning it took him around 4-5 months per floor. Anyways, I'd say its plausible the growth bam went through over the past month is enough to give him a comfortable advantage over a normal ranker. Still a far cry from a high ranker though.

5. Sakashi

Sakashi Registered User

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member

Sweden
    Well, I'd have to go and say that Baam can take out a ranker depending on which perspective you see it from. The fight between him and Jahad looked like a fight between high rankers to be honest but the question still remains. Is Baam ranker/high ranker material? I'd say that instead of putting our energy on this question, we should put it on: Is Data Jahad ranker/high ranker lvl? From the looks of Data Jahad's attacks, It looked like Data Jahad was atleast slightly higher than a ranker. He was more like a advanced ranker in my opinion. And Baam using both of his thorns combined managed to one shot his arm which proves to us that Baam may be ranker lvl or close to a advanced ranker. Furthermore, there is a advanced ranker on the station and I think that SIU put that guy there for Baam to fight him and show us that he's atleast ranker or advanced ranker material right now but of course not high ranker lvl. For Baam to be high ranker lvl right now at floor 40+ would be too early and it would also be bad writing but I can see him being atleast ''ranker'' lvl. I also think that Baam and the advanced ranker guy is going to fight because I think SIU put him there for a reason and Data Jahad didn't look like a ordinary ranker and not a high ranker.

Namchan likes this.
  6. AAM1232

AAM1232 Registered User

India
    No way, I doubt that he could even beat Quant or Mule as he is right now.

7. Sakashi

Sakashi Registered User

Sweden
    He made a whole floor shake by releasing both of the thorn fragments. Find a ranker who can do that.

8. shaheer

shaheer Registered User

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity

Singapore
    Really? I would think he is stronger than both at the moment.

9. AAM1232

AAM1232 Registered User

India
    He doesn't make the floor shake at all, so your point is moot.
    Fact is that we haven't seen an actual Ranker actually fight Baam and lose. Data Zahard is iffy because we don't know how he compares to people like Quant, and both Quant and Mule were handicapped/holding back. Flashy moves don't mean much when the other party has little showings. Until then, I'm not betting on Baam in any fight against a Ranker.

Vitala and Sakashi like this.
  10. Sakashi

Sakashi Registered User

Sweden
    Look carefully at what Data Jahad said when Baam released both of the fragments. He said ''He has the power to shake a whole world/floor''?

11. kkck

kkck Waifu Slayer

Fire Nation
    IIRC what zahard said was something along the lines of bam making the shinsoo tremble. But there was no reference to him shaking an entire floor. Not that the hidden floor is actually an entire floor. And it is worth noting that that amount of power would have caused further damage to the hidden floor considering even urek's presence somehow damaged it.

12. shaheer

shaheer Registered User

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity

Singapore
    Well Given HR are kind of diverse where you have weak folks like Evan in top 200 there 'maybe' some who Bam can beat some how i guess. If the persons arsenal is mainly spells and it seems spells dont work on Bam he can just beat the crap out that person as the person will have nothing to thrash Bam but honestly speaking, nah i doubt he can beat one now.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
  13. Sakashi

Sakashi Registered User

Sweden
    Cmon now, Don't make me post the picture here? Jahad says it in a panel...

https://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-2-ep-304/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=385

14. kkck

kkck Waifu Slayer

Fire Nation
    I took that to mean something different tbh. Something more... metaphorical. If he meant floor then he would have said floor unless that specific part of the translation is bullshit. Which to be fair is not impossible. And even then, we would have to know if he meant floors in general or just the rather fragile hidden floor which we know urek somehow broke.

Sakashi likes this.
  15. Sakashi

Sakashi Registered User

Sweden
    I understand what you mean but still.

16. AAM1232

AAM1232 Registered User

India
    But the floor doesn't shake. If it did, we would have seen the others feeling it when they don't. So the point is again moot. Hype from the enemy =/= reference to actual power level in this case.

Sakashi likes this.
  17. Namchan

Namchan Registered User

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member

Ghana
    Bam is at the very least lower ranker level right now as is . He is an irregular fighting the data of an in irregular, this was a high level fight even though of course zahard had not climbed the tower yet. Think about how Bam shut down levi. Though he is a regular , he has the power of a high ranker . And Bam not only shrugged his spells off , he did damage to him only in passing . I think the most dangerous rankers on the field right now , are Evankhell and she would be on Bam side ! The only thing is Bam has such low battle exp, a very smart opponent, or one with tricks would be a problem .

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.