Discussion - Cell Foods: The ultimate alkaline guide | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Cell Foods: The ultimate alkaline guide

Final_Boss

Banned
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
My brother introduced me to a man named Dr. Sebi. According to him, he managed to cure all sorts of diseases from people including Aids. In 1987, he was taken to the supreme court for fraud, but surprisingly he won his case. However, they took his visa since he wasn't a real doctor (in fact, he never went to school). This seemed surreal or like some bad joke, so I did research before I jumped to any conclusions. However, most of the things I gathered so far seemed to be positive, with the exception of a website claiming he's a fraud (Testimonial from an actual patient who went to his village for treatment. Her experience seemed like a nightmare).

[Note: Shortly after writing this, Dr. Sebi died due to being imprisoned under terrible conditions. Because he was 80, he immediately fell ill due to what they were feeding him in jail. He probably would've lived longer if he kept up his lifestyle undisturbed. ]

Dr. Sebi's One Disease theory:

Based on Dr.Sebi's research, he's come to the conclusion that there is only one true disease, and the build up of mucus in the body is the cause of that disease. Most of the things we eat are actually harmful to the body and make us vulnerable to diseases. On his website, he made a list of all the things we should be eating and makes a claim that if the foods you're eating aren't on the list, then it has no nutritional value.

Recommended Food list: [Note: This is an outdated list, some things have been omitted due to various reasons such as the un natural tampering of the product reducing its nutritional value.]

Vegetables

Dr. Sebi says, "Avoid using a microwave. It will kill your food."

-Amaranth greens – same as Callaloo, a variety of Spinach
-Avocado
-Bell Peppers
-Chayote (Mexican Squash)
-Cucumber
-Dandelion greens
-Garbanzo beans
-Green banana
-Izote – cactus flower/ cactus leaf – grows naturally in California
-Kale
-Lettuce (all, except Iceberg)
-Mushrooms (all, except Shitake)
-Nopales – Mexican Cactus
-Okra
-Olives
-Onions
-Poke salad – greens
-Sea Vegetables (wakame/dulse/arame/hijiki/nori)
-Squash
-Tomato – cherry and plum only
-Tomatillo
-Turnip greens
-Zucchini
-Watercress
-Purslane (Verdolaga)

Fruits

Dr. Sebi says, "No canned or seedless fruits."

-Apples
-Bananas – the smallest one or the Burro/mid-size (original banana)
-Berries – all varieties- Elderberries in any form – no cranberries
-Cantaloupe
-Cherries
-Currants
-Dates
-Figs
-Grapes- seeded
-Limes (key limes preferred with seeds)
-Mango
-Melons- seeded
-Orange (Seville or sour preferred, difficult to find)
-Papayas
-Peaches
-Pear
-Plums
-Prickly Pear (Cactus Fruit)
-Prunes
-Raisins –seeded
-Soft Jelly Coconuts
-Soursops – (Latin or West Indian markets)
-Tamarind

Herbal Teas

-Allspice
-Anise
-Burdock
-Chamomile
-Elderberry
-Fennel
-Ginger
-Raspberry
-Tila

Spices and Seasonings

Mild Flavors

-Basil
-Bay leaf
-Cloves
-Dill
-Oregano
-Parsley
-Savory
-Sweet Basil

Pungent and Spicy Flavors

-Achiote
-Cayenne/ African Bird Pepper
-Coriander (Cilantro)
-Onion Powder
-Habanero
-Sage

Salty Flavors

-Pure Sea Salt
-Powdered Granulated Seaweed (Kelp/Dulce/Nori – has "sea taste")

Sweet Flavors

-100% Pure Agave Syrup – (from cactus)
-Date Sugar

Grains

-Amaranth
-Fonio
-Kamut
-Quinoa
-Rye
-Spelt
-Tef
-Wild Rice

Nuts and Seeds – (includes Nut and Seed Butters)

-Hemp Seed
-Raw Sesame Seeds
-Raw Sesame Tahini Butter
-Walnuts
-Brazil Nuts
-Pine Nuts

Oils

-Coconut Oil (Do not cook)
-Grapeseed Oil
-Sesame Oil
-Hempseed Oil
-Avocado Oil

---------------

In addition to the recommended food list, he also has therapeutic medicines that specialize in areas ranging from helping regulate the resperitory system to basic hygiene. I was alittle overweight before discovering this diet, so I chose to do a 30 day fast back in January (2016) by drinking nothing but approved spring water and Bromide plus capsules (4 count). The results were pretty good once the 30 days were up. I managed to lose 20 pounds and my energy was twice as good as before. Once the fast was over, I started cooking using solely alkaline based ingredients.

---------------

Sources:

-Interview with Dr.Sebi
-Dr.Sebi's website
-Recipes
-Ripoff Report: Dr. Sebi is a fraud

z.5

Only Half Psychic
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Unfortunately, even though eating fresh fruit and veg is good for you - his 'research' is 100% genuine unadulterated quackery

But if it makes you feel good to follow his teachings, more power to you

Final_Boss

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
Unfortunately, even though eating fresh fruit and veg is good for you - his 'research' is 100% genuine unadulterated quackery

But if it makes you feel good to follow his teachings, more power to you

Mind explaining your skepticism? And its not really his teachings, he just made the theory and lifestyle more publicly known.

z.5

Only Half Psychic
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Mind explaining your skepticism? And its not really his teachings, he just made the theory and lifestyle more publicly known.
Sure
He claimed to have cured blindness, AIDS, lupus, epilepsy and cancer through dietary means alone - sure, it is possible to alleviate the symptoms of type 2 diabetes through diet (controling glucose levels), but to claim to cure any of the diseases/conditions above?

... it shows a substantial lack of fundamental knowledge of biology.

Added to the fact that he claims there is only one true disease... and it is caused by a buildup of mucus?!?
That's some pure medieval shit right there!

If only there really was only one 'true disease' (whatever he means by that), it would be super easy to cure everyone.

That said - it would make my job a hell of a lot less interesting

Final_Boss

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
Sure
He claimed to have cured blindness, AIDS, lupus, epilepsy and cancer through dietary means alone - sure, it is possible to alleviate the symptoms of type 2 diabetes through diet (controling glucose levels), but to claim to cure any of the diseases/conditions above?

... it shows a substantial lack of fundamental knowledge of biology.

Added to the fact that he claims there is only one true disease... and it is caused by a buildup of mucus?!?
That's some pure medieval shit right there!

If only there really was only one 'true disease' (whatever he means by that), it would be super easy to cure everyone.

That said - it would make my job a hell of a lot less interesting
You're skepticism is founded, however, you're missing the fact that he beat his court case because he could provide evidence that he did indeed cure his patience of the diseases you mentioned. The only thing they did was take away his visa since he wasn't practicing legally. You say there is no one true disease, but that assumes that we already know what are the root causes of most or some diseases. I don't know about you, but I go by results. My brother has fully taken on this lifestyle and I can already see positive results on his side.

As an example, here's a case study of a 70 year old woman who pretty much follows this lifestyle. Compare her to her husband, who follows a typical American diet:

I was skeptical too, but in order to clear doubts, you have to research and experiment.

z.5

Only Half Psychic
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
You're skepticism is founded, however, you're missing the fact that he beat his court case because he could provide evidence that he did indeed cure his patience of the diseases you mentioned. The only thing they did was take away his visa since he wasn't practicing legally.
I haven't the time/effort to search up his court proceedings - but just because he didn't get prosecuted doesn't mean his findings are valid (nor that his evidence was accurate/useful).

I was skeptical too, but in order to clear doubts, you have to research and experiment.
This exactly

And the fact that no one has managed to replicate his results, in a scientifically controlled study, doesn't speak strongly to their validity.
In fact, I'd imagine that if true, many different scientific groups would be trying - as his findings would be contrary to all we know in the field.

That's all we know based on thousands and thousands of different scientifically controlled experiments and case studies.
Experiments which have been stringently criticised and evaluated based on the data they provide and the conclusions which the researchers have drawn.

You say there is no one true disease
Not once did I say this

but that assumes that we already know what are the root causes of most or some diseases.
But we do know the root causes of 'some diseases'
Unfortunately, just because we know the root cause of a disease, doesn't mean we can necessarily cure them.

That's where science comes in to save the day

I don't know about you, but I go by results. My brother has fully taken on this lifestyle and I can already see positive results on his side.
As I said - if it works for you, do it.

I am not going to get in the way of you eating healthily...

But the placebo effect can also have measurable outcomes.

Just promise me - if you ever end up having epileptic seizures, please go to a doctor and don't try to cure it by eating quinoa.

Final_Boss

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
I haven't the time/effort to search up his court proceedings - but just because he didn't get prosecuted doesn't mean his findings are valid (nor that his evidence was accurate/useful).
Then what does it mean then?

And the fact that no one has managed to replicate his results, in a scientifically controlled study, doesn't speak strongly to their validity.
In fact, I'd imagine that if true, many different scientific groups would be trying - as his findings would be contrary to all we know in the field.
That's assuming there isn't a conspiracy within the scientific/governent community to silence people like Dr.Sebi. You would think the scientific community would jump all over his findings after he beat his court case. However, that clearly didn't happen. Instead, they stripped him of his visa. I'm sure you're unaware that thousands of nutritionalists like him are getting killed because their disciplines are spreading. My guess is that the government doesn't want to prolong the life of their people due to the issue of over population. You say no one has managed to replicate the results, in a scientifcially controlled study. Has any studies ever been tried based on the Alkaline diet? Sauce? Also keep in mind that these methods don't work overnight, its a gradual transition which takes years, so I doubt any kind of scientific experiment would be able to replicate the process due to lack of funds. Many of Dr.Sebi's patients have failed because they strayed from the Alkaline diet.

Not once did I say this
You didn't say it, you implied it. "If only there really was only one 'true disease' (whatever he means by that), it would be super easy to cure everyone."

But we do know the root causes of 'some diseases'
Unfortunately, just because we know the root cause of a disease, doesn't mean we can necessarily cure them.
There's a difference between a cause and a correlation. What scientists may be finding in some of those diseases aren't root causes, but actually a correlation between a effect and a result. You're educated, so you should know that correlation does not equal causation.

As I said - if it works for you, do it.

I am not going to get in the way of you eating healthily...

But the placebo effect can also have measurable outcomes.
Yes, I'll definitely keep it up because I know that the lifestyle works. I don't think the placeabo effect is strong enough to cure aids.

z.5

Only Half Psychic
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Then what does it mean then?
Probably nothing more than a wonderful quirk in the American justice system...

That's assuming there isn't a conspiracy within the scientific/governent community to silence people like Dr.Sebi. You would think the scientific community would jump all over his findings after he beat his court case.
Why should I assume there would be a conspiracy?

Any more than I should assume a conspiracy against any other quack medicines/treatments...

And no, because the scientific community probably understand how little his legal victory means in the grand scheme of things.

I'm sure you're unaware that thousands of nutritionalists like him are getting killed because their disciplines are spreading.
Guilty as charged. I am completely unaware.

... probably because it isn't happening.

But who knows - maybe there is a huge conspiracy and, as a scientist, I am also part of the evil group trying to suppress knowledge (as that's what us scientists do)...

Has any studies ever been tried based on the Alkaline diet? Sauce?
Yes
Many

Even for the effect vs cancer (tldr: there is no effect on cancer [for or against])

And although dietary control of acid/alkaline foods has shown promise for some conditions - it has nowhere near the effects which the good doctor has suggested.

Also keep in mind that these methods don't work overnight, its a gradual transition which takes years, so I doubt any kind of scientific experiment would be able to replicate the process due to lack of funds.
I feel that you underestimate how long some studies run for...

Many of Dr.Sebi's patients have failed because they strayed from the Alkaline diet.
How convenient

You didn't say it, you implied it. "If only there really was only one 'true disease' (whatever he means by that), it would be super easy to cure everyone."
That isn't implying it
It implies the opposite - that there is no one, single (read: not plural/many/numerous), 'true', disease - but rather many different unrelated ones.

There's a difference between a cause and a correlation. What scientists may be finding in some of those diseases aren't root causes, but actually a correlation between a effect and a result. You're educated, so you should know that correlation does not equal causation.
Ah, this old chestnut.

Yes, I do know that correlation doesn't equal causation - but if you are suggesting that we don't know how a mutation in the CFTR gene can cause cystic fibrosis, or how the human immunodeficiency virus causes AIDS, then I am afraid you are very, very, wrong.

Do you also know that there may have been numerous reasons, other than his magic diet, which could have led to a health improvement in any of his 'cured' patients (one of the numerous issues with these uncontrolled case studies)?

I don't think the placeabo effect is strong enough to cure aids.
Me neither.

Also, I hope you don't have AIDS

Last edited:

Final_Boss

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
Probably nothing more than a wonderful quirk in the American justice system...
Wishful thinking at best.

Why should I assume there would be a conspiracy?

Any more than I should assume a conspiracy against any other quack medicines/treatments...
And no, because the scientific community probably understand how little his legal victory means in the grand scheme of things.
You're pretty trusting of authority figures, I'm not sure if that's a good thing, or just plain naive. I don't want to trust any type of system that would suppress good will and progress. Tesla had his work taken and locked up after his death. Free energy could've been a thing years ago, but the government along with fossil fuel companies suppressed it and continue to do so today. With that said, there is plenty of information being skewed or suppressed in order to make a profit. The medical field is certainly no different. While on surface, they aim to help those who have ailments, underneath it all, they want you to keep coming back to them.

Guilty as charged. I am completely unaware.

... probably because it isn't happening.

But who knows - maybe there is a huge conspiracy and, as a scientist, I am also part of the evil group trying to suppress knowledge (as that's what us scientists do)...
I understand your skepticism, especially so since you're a scientist. I'm not saying all scientists are bad, but I will say there is a higher order that is leading scientists like you astray. Ever since gradeschool we were horsefed an agenda.
Unless you replicate the experiments you read in documents or use yourself as a guinea pig, you'll never know the truth. Me and my brother are living the lifestyle, have experienced the differences in how we were before and how we are now, and as a result, our doubts are eliminated. That's all I can really say.

Yes
Many

Even for the effect vs cancer (tldr: there is no effect on cancer [for or against])

And although dietary control of acid/alkaline foods has shown promise for some conditions - it has nowhere near the effects which the good doctor has suggested.
Thank you for the sauce. Now while you say an alkaline lifestyle has little to no effect on some conditions based on studies done, the most logical explanation would be that the people partaking of an alkaline lifestyle during the studies weren't 100% committed. This may seem like no big deal, but based on what I heard from testimonials and people who follow the lifestyle, it really is necessary to fully take on the diet and not stray from it. Case and point, I had an ulcer before taking on the lifestyle. After fasting and cooking based on an alkaline menu, the ulcer went away. When I cheated for a month, the ulcer immediately came back.

How convenient
How patronizing, I said it because its important to note. You can't stop eating the foods on the list, or mix it with other foods that aren't on the list. That would be counter productive.

That isn't implying it
It implies the opposite - that there is no one, single (read: not plural/many/numerous), 'true', disease - but rather many different unrelated ones.
Again, my blunder.

Ah, this old chestnut.

Yes, I do know that correlation doesn't equal causation - but if you are suggesting that we don't know how a mutation in the CFTR gene can cause cystic fibrosis, or how the human immunodeficiency virus causes AIDS, then I am afraid you are very, very, wrong.

Do you also know that there may have been numerous reasons, other than his magic diet, which could have led to a health improvement in any of his 'cured' patients (one of the numerous issues with these uncontrolled case studies)?
Genes that cause certain diseases originated where humans first started straying from the natural Alkaline diet they're supposed to have. When humans started eating foods they weren't supposed to eat, they gradually started undergoing a change (a negative one at that). Because of this change in diet, mucus started building up due to high acidity levels. As the mucus started to manifest throughout the body, diseases started taking form. Over time as humans ate a variety of foods, new diseases sprung up over countless generations.

Now, even if what you say is true, and there are numerous reasons besides an alkaline diet in which dr.sebi's clients were cured; The theory fails to explain how aids could be cured under normal circumstances whereas modern science has failed even under their best conditions. It doesn't make sense.

z.5

Only Half Psychic
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
You're pretty trusting of authority figures, I'm not sure if that's a good thing, or just plain naive.
Do you believe the earth is round?

What about the fact that taking hydrogen cyanide will kill you?

How about the fact that you shouldn't climb into the lion's cage at the zoo as it will bite you?

You also are pretty trusting of authority figures.
And it's a good thing – hardly naïve.

Fact is, that when you stop trusting the 'experts' (without good reason to do so), the consequences can be disastrous...

I don't want to trust any type of system that would suppress good will and progress.
But that isn't what science does. If anything, it is the most likely method to lead to progress.

Free energy could've been a thing years ago, but the government along with fossil fuel companies suppressed it and continue to do so today.
I am afraid that either you are misunderstanding his research, or you have some serious misunderstandings with the physics behind Tesla's inventions.

Now I am not going to get into this discussion, as I am also not a physicist and am worried about being drawn into a never-ending cycle of physics questions (which I may not be able to adequately answer), but Tesla's patents are in the public domain – someone would have made a working model if it really could generate unlimited energy for nothing.

With that said, there is plenty of information being skewed or suppressed in order to make a profit. The medical field is certainly no different. While on surface, they aim to help those who have ailments, underneath it all, they want you to keep coming back to them.
The science is rarely skewed, as scientists who are found to have made up results are often out of a job – the results may often be misinterpreted, however, but I don't think that is what you are suggesting here.

Now the pharmaceutical industry does certainly strive to make a profit, but I really don't believe that they are evil moustache-twirling cat-stroking science-denying monsters, as it would appear you believe them to be.

I'm not saying all scientists are bad, but I will say there is a higher order that is leading scientists like you astray.
And who, may I ask, are the 'higher order' who are leading the poor naïve scientists astray?

The illuminati perhaps?

Quick question: do you know how research grants work, or how research is funded/conducted?

Do you understand that not all grants are offered by pharmaceutical companies/big business which may have a vested interest in the findings?

Ever since gradeschool we were horsefed an agenda.
What is this agenda exactly?

As far as I remember, I was just taught pretty basic science during my compulsory education.
Nothing overly complicated (C6H12O6 + 6O2 → 6CO2 + 6H20/F=MA/Acid-Base reactions/etc... If ever I have to do a titration ever again, it will be 100 years to soon...), but nothing overtly skewed towards any particular agenda (other than providing a basic scientific education).

use yourself as a guinea pig, you'll never know the truth.
Self study is a notoriously bad way at finding truths. It is often affected by personal bias and results are often easily to misinterpreted.

Me and my brother are living the lifestyle, have experienced the differences in how we were before and how we are now, and as a result, our doubts are eliminated. That's all I can really say.
And you don't have to say any more. I am not trying to stop you both eating whatever you like.

All I resent is sham 'science' being advertised as real science.

In my mind, as long as they aren't harming anyone else, people are free to do what they like.

The problem comes when people allow BS like this to go unchallenged.
People like Mr. Sebi prey on the weak and vulnerable – offering them false hope.

For example, if you wanted to stay at his healing resort (which boasts the “water located in the village contains the highest form of alkaline”), then you need to pay $1,500 per person for 7 days.

Genuinely sick people will pay such fees if they believe that they will be cured.
However, they won't.
They are just as likely, if not more so, to be cured staying at home and spending the $1,500 on a proper doctor/proper medicine to treat their ailments.

It's like yoga therapy, or cupping. There are instructors who can also 'cure AIDS' or 'cure schizophrenia' or 'cure cancer' with their yoga techniques. It's BS. Expensive, vindictive, BS. Anyone who preys on the weak to make a profit/become famous is an arsehole.

They aren't worth the dirt on my shoes.

the most logical explanation would be that the people partaking of an alkaline lifestyle during the studies weren't 100% committed.
Why is that the most logical explanation?
Is it not more/equally logical that it just plain doesn't work?

What about the people who were 100% committed but didn't get better?

How patronizing, I said it because its important to note.
Please forgive me. I didn't mean it as a personal slight.
I just mean that it is a nice excuse for when a person's symptoms don't improve following the diet.

A nice, convenient, common, excuse which people like Mr. Sebi often use when their quack science is called out.

Genes that cause certain diseases originated where humans first started straying from the natural Alkaline diet they're supposed to have. When humans started eating foods they weren't supposed to eat, they gradually started undergoing a change (a negative one at that). Because of this change in diet, mucus started building up due to high acidity levels. As the mucus started to manifest throughout the body, diseases started taking form. Over time as humans ate a variety of foods, new diseases sprung up over countless generations.
I am not even going to get started on how wrong that all is.

If mucus really is such an issue, there are many over-the-counter treatments for you – such as decongestants, for example.

Now, even if what you say is true, and there are numerous reasons besides an alkaline diet in which dr.sebi's clients were cured; The theory fails to explain how aids could be cured under normal circumstances whereas modern science has failed even under their best conditions. It doesn't make sense.
No, you are right, it doesn't.

Unless it never was cured.
Either that, or perhaps it was a misdiagnosis and they didn't have AIDS to begin with.

Maybe the patient had a Delta32 mutation, so it was very difficult for the HIV virus to infect their cells.

There are many reasons why the disease may have been 'cured' – but people have made miraculous recoveries before (and not due to the alkaline diet).
One interesting (and well known) example would be that of Timothy Ray Brown.

Last edited:

Final_Boss

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
Do you believe the earth is round?

What about the fact that taking hydrogen cyanide will kill you?

How about the fact that you shouldn't climb into the lion's cage at the zoo as it will bite you?

You also are pretty trusting of authority figures.
And it's a good thing – hardly naïve.

Fact is, that when you stop trusting the 'experts' (without good reason to do so), the consequences can be disastrous...
I didn't mean to come off as saying all knowledge from 'experts' is bad. What I was trying to say is a little skepticism is healthy no matter who is feeding you information.

But that isn't what science does. If anything, it is the most likely method to lead to progress.
That may not be what science is founded on, but there are definitely experts out there who exploit it negatively. While the main focus is progress, the underlying focus is control and manipulation.

I am afraid that either you are misunderstanding his research, or you have some serious misunderstandings with the physics behind Tesla's inventions.

Now I am not going to get into this discussion, as I am also not a physicist and am worried about being drawn into a never-ending cycle of physics questions (which I may not be able to adequately answer), but Tesla's patents are in the public domain – someone would have made a working model if it really could generate unlimited energy for nothing.
The patents displayed online (if you're talking about the ones in wiki) are just sample illustrations. They don't really go into detail as to what is being used and the procedure as to how to make them work. Tesla did produce a working machine that could capture energy particles from the air, but investors turned him down because they wouldn't make any money.

The science is rarely skewed, as scientists who are found to have made up results are often out of a job – the results may often be misinterpreted, however, but I don't think that is what you are suggesting here.

Now the pharmaceutical industry does certainly strive to make a profit, but I really don't believe that they are evil moustache-twirling cat-stroking science-denying monsters, as it would appear you believe them to be.
There's no profit in the cure. That's all I can say about their motivation towards providing actual cures.

And who, may I ask, are the 'higher order' who are leading the poor naïve scientists astray?

The illuminati perhaps?

Quick question: do you know how research grants work, or how research is funded/conducted?

Do you understand that not all grants are offered by pharmaceutical companies/big business which may have a vested interest in the findings?
I don't believe in the illuminati, but I do think there is a connection between businesses, government and the technology departments in which they control what information gets released and what doesnt. As well as what experiments are granted precedence over others. Like I said before, I won't fully trust a system that would go so far as to dump flouride into drinking water.

What is this agenda exactly?

As far as I remember, I was just taught pretty basic science during my compulsory education.
Nothing overly complicated (C6H12O6 + 6O2 → 6CO2 + 6H20/F=MA/Acid-Base reactions/etc... If ever I have to do a titration ever again, it will be 100 years to soon...), but nothing overtly skewed towards any particular agenda (other than providing a basic scientific education).
The agenda would of course be population control. Back when I was a gradeschooler, I was taught that Christopher Columbus discovered America. After I graduated, I watched a documentary where that wasn't the case. The question is, who am I to believe? My old history lessons or a documentary? Who is providing such information and how are they getting it? Here's another one. In school it was assumed that people back in the middle ages believed the Earth was flat. Later on, I learned that a great majority of people at that time believed that the Earth was indeed round. I'm aware that knowledge isn't 100% consistent or accurate, and that it can change at any moment. However, the process in which information is shared is flawed. The scientific method is the best procedure for collecting information, but who gets to present new found information to the public is the problem.

Self study is a notoriously bad way at finding truths. It is often affected by personal bias and results are often easily to misinterpreted.
Not so much if the aim is to reproduce results found in other testimonies. So long as its safe, why not become a guinea pig? Some things can only be proven once you try them yourself.

And you don't have to say any more. I am not trying to stop you both eating whatever you like.

All I resent is sham 'science' being advertised as real science.

In my mind, as long as they aren't harming anyone else, people are free to do what they like.

The problem comes when people allow BS like this to go unchallenged.
People like Mr. Sebi prey on the weak and vulnerable – offering them false hope.

For example, if you wanted to stay at his healing resort (which boasts the “water located in the village contains the highest form of alkaline”), then you need to pay $1,500 per person for 7 days.

Genuinely sick people will pay such fees if they believe that they will be cured.
However, they won't.
They are just as likely, if not more so, to be cured staying at home and spending the $1,500 on a proper doctor/proper medicine to treat their ailments.

It's like yoga therapy, or cupping. There are instructors who can also 'cure AIDS' or 'cure schizophrenia' or 'cure cancer' with their yoga techniques. It's BS. Expensive, vindictive, BS. Anyone who preys on the weak to make a profit/become famous is an arsehole.

They aren't worth the dirt on my shoes.
Well, the man (Dr.Sebi) is dead due to being in jail (for possessing large amounts of money at an airport) under harsh conditions. He definitely would've lived longer had he not been in those circumstances. As for the $1,500 trip for treatment, I honestly don't think its that bad of a price. You have to consider that while the team is doing a good service, its not a charity, they have to make a living somehow. It costs money to house people (Hell, my 7 day stay at a regular hospital amounted up to $23,000. So $1,500 seems like nothing at all compared to that.), let alone treat them from a severe illness.

Why is that the most logical explanation?
Is it not more/equally logical that it just plain doesn't work?

What about the people who were 100% committed but didn't get better?
Are there such people who committed 100% but didn't get better? If so, how long did they do it for until they decided it wasn't working?

Please forgive me. I didn't mean it as a personal slight.
I just mean that it is a nice excuse for when a person's symptoms don't improve following the diet.

A nice, convenient, common, excuse which people like Mr. Sebi often use when their quack science is called out.
There's a difference between a reason and an excuse.

I am not even going to get started on how wrong that all is.

If mucus really is such an issue, there are many over-the-counter treatments for you – such as decongestants, for example.
Why risk taking decongestants which are unatural and could possibly cause other negative symptoms when you could simply fast and eat foods that naturally cleanses the body?

No, you are right, it doesn't.

Unless it never was cured.
Either that, or perhaps it was a misdiagnosis and they didn't have AIDS to begin with.

Maybe the patient had a Delta32 mutation, so it was very difficult for the HIV virus to infect their cells.

There are many reasons why the disease may have been 'cured' – but people have made miraculous recoveries before (and not due to the alkaline diet).
One interesting (and well known) example would be that of Timothy Ray Brown.
Yeah, but to be cured while transitioning from a diet of acidity to alkaline? That seems a bit far fetched. And there were 70+ patients who claimed to have been cured of severe illnesses. Surely they all couldn't have been cured due to 'some other factor'. That's way too big of a coincidence.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
So.... Eating healthy can make you healthy? That's about as much as i'm willing to take out of this honestly..
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
\

Yeah, but to be cured while transitioning from a diet of acidity to alkaline? That seems a bit far fetched. And there were 70+ patients who claimed to have been cured of severe illnesses. Surely they all couldn't have been cured due to 'some other factor'. That's way too big of a coincidence.
You know that saying? "Money talks"? They were more than likely paid off to say that. It's the sad reality of scientific study in some cases these days.

z.5

Only Half Psychic
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I didn't mean to come off as saying all knowledge from 'experts' is bad. What I was trying to say is a little skepticism is healthy no matter who is feeding you information.
That depends on both the information and also your level of expertise in the field.

Science is built on correcting past misunderstandings, after all.

Problem is, if you are sceptical of everything, you end up believing things like we didn't land on the moon, or that vaccines lead to autism...

That may not be what science is founded on, but there are definitely experts out there who exploit it negatively. While the main focus is progress, the underlying focus is control and manipulation.
I am not denying that there aren't some people who will abuse the findings of a paper for their own good/plain make up data and claim it is true.

Luckily, these people are far less common than you'd have us believe.

The patents displayed online (if you're talking about the ones in wiki) are just sample illustrations. They don't really go into detail as to what is being used and the procedure as to how to make them work.
Here are a few for you.

Though, I believe this is the one you are probably after.

Tesla did produce a working machine that could capture energy particles from the air, but investors turned him down because they wouldn't make any money.
Tesla was, for sure, a genius – and I hate to speak badly of the Serbian God of Lightning – but he was not infallible (unfortunately, he wasn't born today, when he may have avoided such mistaken ideas).

As well as what experiments are granted precedence over others. Like I said before, I won't fully trust a system that would go so far as to dump flouride into drinking water.
But water fluoridation isn't done without reason - it literally improves people's health - 1, 2, 3

The agenda would of course be population control.
With what aim in mind?

Surely there are far better ways to control the population than teaching them incorrect history in schools?

In school it was assumed that people back in the middle ages believed the Earth was flat. Later on, I learned that a great majority of people at that time believed that the Earth was indeed round. I'm aware that knowledge isn't 100% consistent or accurate, and that it can change at any moment.
Unfortunately, this says more about the school you went to than the idea of a global conspiracy to hide the truth.

The scientific method is the best procedure for collecting information, but who gets to present new found information to the public is the problem.
And this is exactly why it is important for scientists to practice presenting their data – so that they can get their message across correctly, without confusion.

A lot of research is now published online for free, by people like the PLOS journals – the main issue is that many people lack the underlying background knowledge to understand the implications of the research presented. This means that it is far to easy for people to misinterpret/completely misunderstand the results.

There's also the huge issue that, if you aren't an expert in the particular field, it is often difficult/impossible to determine which article is reliable and which isn't.

There are also pages and pages of text, and innumerable videos, online for people to read/watch to try and understand basic/complex scientific ideas/concepts – but many people just don't have the time/don't care.

Now sure, there are probably many improvements to the system, to help fix problems like this – but people can't be expected to know about everything.

So long as its safe, why not become a guinea pig? Some things can only be proven once you try them yourself.
Because when people conduct experiments on themselves they often see the results which they desire to see.

For example, if I was taking a new diet, which I had been told would make me feel good, then it is not uncommon for me to suddenly feel much better after taking this diet.

There are many reasons why I may feel better (maybe I am also exercising more, maybe I am less stressed, maybe my previous diet was shit, or maybe it is my good friend the placebo effect rearing his ugly head again), but I will attribute all the benefits solely to my new diet.

It's not anything sinister, it's just human nature.

As for the $1,500 trip for treatment, I honestly don't think its that bad of a price. You have to consider that while the team is doing a good service, its not a charity, they have to make a living somehow. It costs money to house people (Hell, my 7 day stay at a regular hospital amounted up to $23,000. So $1,500 seems like nothing at all compared to that.), let alone treat them from a severe illness.
This is in Honduras, not the USA. Medical care in public hospitals is free in Honduras (supposedly, I haven't ever been to [or been sick in] Honduras).

But even if it were 100 dollars. They are literally targetting the most vulnerable members of society.

… and sure, to cure a severe illness it would be less terrible. But the likelihood is that they won't cure shit.

Are there such people who committed 100% but didn't get better? If so, how long did they do it for until they decided it wasn't working?
How long is required?
10 years? 20? 50?

What if it never works – maybe they just weren't eating the correct alkaline foods?

Nah, it was probably something else they were also doing – maybe they didn't wash enough/wore the wrong clothes/recited the wrong prayers/performed the wrong rituals...

There's a difference between a reason and an excuse.
Yeah, and when people say “my foolproof plan didn't work only because you didn't try hard enough/believe in it enough/skipped a single day to eat a burger...” then they are making excuses as the 'reason' it didn't work is because 'it doesn't work'.

Why risk taking decongestants which are unatural and could possibly cause other negative symptoms
Then use a natural decongestant (now this one is homeopathic, so is also quite magical in nature, but still - it shouldn't do you any harm/cause any negative symptoms).

Is it really?

Do you know how many people are cured by faith healing, or yoga therapy, or crystal healing?

If you want to waste your time, it isn't difficult to find examples of people claiming miraculous cures having been obtained through other snake-oil treatments/therapies.

Maybe I am wrong though - I should stock up on some quartz, just in case.
I mean, as long as I don't trip up and fall face first into the huge crystal, what's the worse that can happen?

So.... Eating healthy can make you healthy? That's about as much as i'm willing to take out of this honestly..
Aye, that pretty much seems to be the majority of it.

You know that saying? "Money talks"? They were more than likely paid off to say that. It's the sad reality of scientific study in some cases these days.
In some - but not enough to hide such a magical cure-all - a veritable Philosopher's stone.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
In some - but not enough to hide such a magical cure-all - a veritable Philosopher's stone.
Yes, and that's why I'm saying that it's pretty much just either one of two things:
1. These patients really somehow believe that doctor, though I don't think these reviews are credible in any way
2. He's paid them off to say these kinds of things

Reactions: z.5

Final_Boss

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
Most of those clients were used as evidence in court to support the fact that Dr.Sebi did indeed cure their illness. They provided the medical documentation needed to first show that they had the disease, and were given physical exams to make sure that the disease was no longer in their systems. With that significant amount of evidence, he won his case. I don't think quacks have the ability to fool the justice system at that degree by making false medical documents.

Anyways, I no longer trust most feel better quick medicines. As a matter of fact, ever since I took on this lifestyle I no longer have colds, headaches, ulcers, pink eye, etc. Call it the placeabo effect if you want, but one thing is for certain: It's better to take on this lifestyle than to eat unhealthy foods like meat, dairy and GMO fruits/vegetables. I just wanted to share foods that we have been eating since the dawn of humanity and should go back to eating for their awesome health benefits. If you found it uninteresting or not to your liking, then to each their own. I already provided a video about a 70 year old woman who follows the lifestyle. If that wasn't enough to convince some people that the lifestyle is safe and beneficial, then I honestly don't know what evidence to provide.

Last edited:

z.5

Only Half Psychic
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Most of those clients were used as evidence in court to support the fact that Dr.Sebi did indeed cure their illness. They provided the medical documentation needed to first show that they had the disease, and were given physical exams to make sure that the disease was no longer in their systems. With that significant amount of evidence, he won his case. I don't think quacks have the ability to fool the justice system at that degree by making false medical documents.
I actually took the time to try and look up the court transcripts - and it is super hard (why you make it so difficult USA?!?)

But I did find this
If correct, it suggests that he got off the hook as the jury was not persuaded that he was making medical diagnoses or prescribing medicinal substances - not that his treatment was successfully curing anyone.

More interesting, perhaps, is this case, where there was a successful civil case against his company - the outcome being that his company can no longer make therapeutic claims for any of its products.
It also barred him from claiming that his products or services could "cure, mitigate, or in any way relieve or alter the course of AIDS, herpes, leukemia, sickle cell anemia, lupus or any other human disease, pain, injury, deformity or physical condition".
It forbade him from claiming as such either in writing or orally, directly or through implication.
It forbade him from printing or distributing any media related to such cures/treatments.
Also from diagnosing, treating or prescribing for any human disease, pain injury, deformity or physical condition without a valid license to practice medicine or other lawful authorization to practice medicine issued by the New York State Department of Education.
He was forbiden from selling or otherwise distributing any products which are labelled or otherwise advertised with claims regarding to the product's availability, either alone, or in combination with other products or procedures, to aid in the diagnosis, cure, mitigation, treatment or prevention of disease in humans or other animals.
He was also forbidden from selling or otherwise distributing any products which are labelled or advertised with claims regarding to the products ability to affect the structure or any function of the body of humans or other animals.

Seems that the American legal system also didn't buy his cure-all...

Anyways, I no longer trust most feel better quick medicines. As a matter of fact, ever since I took on this lifestyle I no longer have colds, headaches, ulcers, pink eye, etc.
And I wish you continued good health!
:verily

Sorry if I came across as a bit of an arse here - but this kind of thing really gets under my skin...

Knight of Stalwart Heart

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I got ninja'd.Before it is argued that the civil suit against his company was not successful and that the sources are not credible,take a look at Sibi's own e-store.

WE ARE NOT MEDICAL DOCTORS: therefore, we do not diagnose illness or prescribe pharmaceuticals. We are nutritional consultants and make suggestions relating to nutrition. None of the information offered here is intended to replace any program that your medical doctor has prescribed for you, nor does it conflict with any pharmaceutical medication you are taking. It is recommended that you take your products at least one hour prior to taking your medication so that the minerals offered can be fully assimilated.

The State of New York Supreme Court classified our products as “natural vegetation cell food” in 1988. As a result, when you take them you will have fed your cells and will not have much of an appetite.
It's evident that the case against his company was infact successful.What is here is consistent with what has been provided by courtesy of casewatch.

Riku

Dirty Blonde
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
Well, to give my 2 cents on the matter - eating healthy is good for you. Anybody can say that and it is all good. But when you give yourself the title of "Doctor" and start selling a diet program and extra nutrients as a cure to cancer, without any education, scientific research or proof, that is just bullshit. A diet doesn't work like that, like a medicine. Some stuff might have medicinal attributes and that kind of thing is researched on all the time but this Sebi guy is clearly hocus pocus.

I'd be completly fine, if this was only sold us a life-style that is good for you in the long-term, but pretending to be a certified doctor and claiming a life-style change being a cure to pretty much all decease, is simply not okay.

Final_Boss

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
The therapeutic packages that are used in the website aren't "manufactured" or artificial. They are a mixture of ancient nartural herbs, spices, fruits and vegetation that can be found mainly in Africa. Practically anyone can make them which would be actually cheaper than spending money on anything that was pre made.

It also barred him from claiming that his products or services could "cure, mitigate, or in any way relieve or alter the course of AIDS, herpes, leukemia, sickle cell anemia, lupus or any other human disease, pain, injury, deformity or physical condition".
It forbade him from claiming as such either in writing or orally, directly or through implication.
It forbade him from printing or distributing any media related to such cures/treatments.
Also from diagnosing, treating or prescribing for any human disease, pain injury, deformity or physical condition without a valid license to practice medicine or other lawful authorization to practice medicine issued by the New York State Department of Education.
He was forbiden from selling or otherwise distributing any products which are labelled or otherwise advertised with claims regarding to the product's availability, either alone, or in combination with other products or procedures, to aid in the diagnosis, cure, mitigation, treatment or prevention of disease in humans or other animals.
He was also forbidden from selling or otherwise distributing any products which are labelled or advertised with claims regarding to the products ability to affect the structure or any function of the body of humans or other animals.
That's because he was not a licensed doctor. That could've been easily solved if they gave him a chance to present his theory to the scientific community. Instead they took his visa and ran him out the country. Ever since then, more and more things that should be on the list of safe foods to eat have been omitted because they have been tampered with in the States. There are more produce on the OP list that is safe to consume in Africa and even Europe.

If correct, it suggests that he got off the hook as the jury was not persuaded that he was making medical diagnoses or prescribing medicinal substances - not that his treatment was successfully curing anyone.
Okay, then what was the point of having all of those clients come in and provide medical documentation showing that they no longer carry the disease?

Last edited:

z.5

Only Half Psychic
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
That's because he was not a licensed doctor. That could've been easily solved if they gave him a chance to present his theory to the scientific community.
It's not all that difficult to 'present you theories to the scientific community'. I have done it - and I am hardly promising a cure to blindness or AIDS...

Instead they took his visa and ran him out the country.
I dunno why they took his visa (as I haven't the effort to look it up), but it is more likely related to his allegations of money laundering than them trying to suppress his miracle cure.

Okay, then what was the point of having all of those clients come in and provide medical documentation showing that they no longer carry the disease?
Well, I couldn't find the court summaries/anything.

However, seeing as the case brought against him seems to be one related to making medical diagnoses and/or prescribing medicinal substances [he was tried on 2 counts of practising medicine without a licence], rather than one of publishing falsehoods - I believe it is more likely that they were brought in to ask what treatments/diets/regimens he recommended to them. Once they realised he was just prescribing 'a healthy diet', rather than a medical cure, they probably dismissed the allegations and let him off the hook.

The fact that he was later tried, and convicted (having to sign an agreement not to prescribe therapies/claim to be a doctor/claim to cure any of the diseases he did/etc.) suggests that the results from his cures were not all that reliable/valid.