Shoujo Coelacanth by Shimotsuki Kayoko

Discussion in 'Manga # - H' started by chiresakura, Feb 27, 2009.

1. chiresakura

chiresakura Scanlator

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member

United States
    I found a new favorite manga-ka: Shimotsuki Kayoko.

I first read Coelacanth, which is a mystery/drama type shoujo. Not my usual genre, but I really liked it. Here's the summary by Storm in Heaven:

Ten years ago, there was an explosion at Hisano's apartment building. She would have been there, but she'd been hit by a bike ridden by a boy in blood-stained clothes. He dropped a toy scale when it happened, and she's been hanging on to it as a good-luck charm ever since. Now Hisano's in high school. One of her teachers was murdered, and the police are investigating. A young man suddenly appears carrying the toy that the scale belonged to. And perhaps... can he also see the hallucinations Hisano has always been plagued with? Everything is connected as the pattern slowly rises to the surface.

I think the art is extremely clean and attractive, and I feel like she gives her characters a lot of depth despite only being two volumes long.

I also read the first couple chapters of Mayonaka no Ariadone and C-Blossom, and so far I like both of them as well, but neither are finished.

You can read these series online here:
    Coelacanth
    C-Blossom - Case 729
    Mayonaka no Ariadone

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.