Character - Complete Tier List | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Character Complete Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jyten

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I figured we had a fan league and I was curious how everyone thinks all players stack up in the tier list...

I already know we already have a tier list but I don't know if that one will continue...and it's a bit of an old thread...either way, I included the main info from Antres...I just want to continue it to F. Also, slightly changed their titles...since we have so many more tiers.

Rank of God (SSS)

I put two people on the list because even though Ryoma seems overwhelming Yukimura at the end of the first PoT series, Yukimura eventually could fight back (he at last could see Ryoma's suped-up ball movement and even once returned Ryoma's Samurai Drive).

And Yukimura, as the last boss, with his "Child of God" yips skill could dominate anyone else, even Tezuka, Sanada and Atobe. If you think this is wrong, please give reasonable argument.

Echizen Ryoma

His strongest skills are cool drive (no-bounce drive), Muga no Kiyouchi (ability to instinctively copy other player's skills, although there are skills of a certain level that couldn't be copied yet such as Tezuka Phantom or Rai Attack), Hyakuren Jitoku No Kiwami (Pinnacle of Hardwork: an aura which gives ability to return opponent's techniques with multiple power and speed. Ryoma can also move this aura to his legs as necessary), and Ten'imuhou No Kiwami (Pinnacle of Perfection: The ability to play tennis purely to play, and at the same time allows the body to unleash its full potential of incomprehensible power, immeasurable speed, create-your-own technique, and mental integrity that can even overcome any kind of fear, while still enjoying the tennis itself).

Yukimura Seiichi

His strongest skills are perfect tennis (always truly efficient and effective in playing and knowing seemingly every opponent's technique's weakness, that no matter whose techniques will be presented before him, Yukimura will always return it perfectly at the opponent with relative ease in his composure, pragmatism, and matter-of-fact demeanor), and the "Child of God" (ability, by his action and presence, to overwhelm the opponent mentally at such level that the opponent loses one's five senses). At the Shin Prince of Tennis U-17, it wasn't explained whether Sanada attacked him with another series of "Black Aura"s or not. It just showed that Yukimura won dominatingly.

Rank of Emperor (SS)

I put two people on the list: Sanada and Tezuka. This is still open for input, because i'm not sure whether Fuji and Atobe reach this level already or not.

Genichirou Sanada

His strongest skills are "Earth" (Immovable like a mountain, defensive move) , "Forest" (dims any kind of ball rotation and annihilate the opponent's ball "effect") , "Fire" (destructive offense and smash that is so powerful it can't be stopped without making holes in the racket or breaking the opponent's arm), "Wind" (ball-hitting skill that is so fast it's invisible to the naked eye), "Lightning" (movements so fast it seems like a teleport and ball course so free and powerful Renji describe it at "speed of light", faster than Wind, and stronger than Fire), Shadow (multiple behavioral pattern which cause the opponent to confuse and unable to predict Sanada's movement), "Black Aura" (Pinnacle of Destruction as Fayte said. Unknown yet seemingly more powerful than any other techniques of Sanada's, it got pass Yukimura once in U-17 with such immeasurable speed and power, although Yukimura still beaten Sanada in the end).

Kunimitsu Tezuka

His strongest skills are perfect tennis (always truly efficient and effective in playing and knowing seemingly every opponent's technique's weakness. But it seems to me that Tezuka's perfect tennis are a tad bit weaker than that of Yukimura's), Tezuka Zone (Tezuka spins the ball in such a way that the returned ball will always come back to his direction), Tezuka Phantom (Tezuka spins the ball in such a way that the returned ball will always go outside the court), Hyakuren Jitoku No Kiwami (Pinnacle of Hardwork: an aura which gives ability to return opponent's techniques with multiple power and speed), Saiki Kanpatsu No Kiwami (Pinnacle of Wisdom: an aura which gives the ability to predict the opponent's movement and the match's continuation).

Rank of King (S)

Atobe Keigo
Echizen Ryoma - 6-7 (119-117)
Tezuka Kunimitsu - 7-6 (37-35)
Sanada - L, 0-4 (retire)

Fuji Shususke
Nioh Masaharu - 7-5
Shiraishi Kuronosuke - 6-7 (8-6 i think)
Kirihara Akaya - 7-5
Jiroh Akutagawa - 6-1
Echizen Ryoma - 4-3 Tie
Hajime Mizuke - 7-5
Tezuka Kunimitsu - 6-0 (kids)

Chitose Senri
Tezuka Kunimitsu (Inui) - 1-6
Tachibana Kippei - 7-5

Kuronosuke Shiraishi
Fuji Shusuke - 7-6 (8-6)

Tooyama Kintaroh (he did go toe to toe with echizen for 40 minutes and he's unanimously considered the strongest in SHitenhouji)
Echizen Ryoma - 1-1 (tie)
Ibu Shinji - 1-0 (retire)

Rank of Prince(A)

Renji Yanagi
Inui Sadaharu - 6-7 (31-29)
Genichiroh Sanada - 4-6
Inui Sadaharu - 5-4 (when they were kids)

Kirihara Akaya
Lilaiden Krauser - 7-5
Fuji Shusuke - 5-7
Echizen Ryoma - 4-6

Tachibana Kippei
Chitose Senri - 5-7
Saeki- 6-2
Kirihara Akaya - 2-6

Eishiro Kite
Tezuka Kunimitsu 4-6

Nioh Masaharu
Fuji Shusuke 5-7
Hiroshi Yagyu 6-8

Hiroshi Yagyuu
Nioh Masaharu - 8-6
(no other singles matches but we know he's a very capable singles player)

Rank of Nobel(B)
Gin
Akutsu
Bunta
Oshitari
Zaizen
Jiro

Rank of Captain(C)
Kabaji
Inui
Jackal
Rin
Sengoku

Rank of Knight (D)
Koharu
Hitouji
Kenya
Momoshiro
Kaidoh
Hiyoshi

Rank of Footman (E)
Oishi
Shishido
Kai
Ootori
Kikumaru
Shinji
Kamio
Takashi
Amane

Rank of Militia(F)
Chinen
Saeki
Kurobane
Tanishi

Rank of Trainee(G)
Aoi
Yuuta

Rank of AHAHAH (H)
Richard
Kadowaki

Rank of Fodder (I)
Gakuto

Rank of Horio(J)
Horio
Sakura
Dan

New B-Tier, tell me what you guys think. I also added values to show the difference between Tiers. Also, I am debating on adding Atobe to the S tier.

Last edited:

javimgol

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
99% perfect, for me, congratulations

Only I would change Sengoku and Kaidoh place. Sengoku is a loser and Final's Kaidoh deserve being at Inui's level (for me, they compete to be the fourth of Seigaku).

Jiro, Rank B?I'd love it, but being objective Rank C is good for him.

I think you forget poor Kawamura, he'd be Rank C (yes, not D) for me.

Last edited:

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I think you're right about Kaidoh, but when giving him B-Tier you almost had to give it to Momo as well. I think as rivals they are supposed to be around the same level.

Sengoku is fine in B-Tier, I would even give him A, maybe. He is the strongest player in Yamabuki besides Akutsu and seems to be quite a bit higher in the Nationals (at least he didn't lose to XY random opponent who needs developement).

Jiro, I'm not sure about him. He seems to be boosted in Shin as well, so maybe B-Tier is right after all.

KuwabaraTheMan

Reaction score
Country
United States
Good work overall, but there are some things I would change about your list.

My thoughts:

Oshitari should be Rank A and Momoshiro and Kaidoh should be Rank B.

Also, you've got Sengoku in B while Shinji and Kamio are in D. Kamio beat Sengoku, so I think all three of them should be in the same rank. Probably C.

You have Amane in a lower tier than Hiyoshi and Yuuta in a lower tier than Saeki, but both of those should be reversed (since Amane beat Hiyoshi and Yuuta beat Saeki).

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Just a thought of mine but I think we're missing some characters (in the league as well), namely Kisarazu Brothers and the members from Midoriyama.
I think we should add them (and I'm sure there are some more).

Also, shouldn't Richard be Gakuto's level. I mean he lost to Sengoku but it was 4-6, so...

Jyten

Reaction score
Country
United States
Just a thought of mine but I think we're missing some characters (in the league as well), namely Kisarazu Brothers and the members from Midoriyama.
I think we should add them (and I'm sure there are some more).

Also, shouldn't Richard be Gakuto's level. I mean he lost to Sengoku but it was 4-6, so...
Yeah, more just Richard seems like a pointless character. So, I put him in a low tier just for the heck of it.

Its hard to say where Sengoku fits. Just because he lost to Kamio and Momo in Kanto doesn't necessarily make him weak in U-17.

Oshtari change I definitely agree that he should be higher than Momo/Kaidoh but lower than Nioh and Yagyuu. I just need to split that tier again....ah...cry...I'll do it when I get home.

voicA

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
- Sanada's movement >> Wind (Fuu)

- Yuushi should be rank A, Momo-Kaidoh rank B, Kamio-Shinji... rank C?

- You misspelled 'Masaharu' in Yagyuu's part

- You forget Taka and Kabaji (poor them)

- I think it's Sakuno...?

Jyten

Reaction score
Country
United States
- Sanada's movement >> Wind (Fuu)

- Yuushi should be rank A, Momo-Kaidoh rank B, Kamio-Shinji... rank C?

- You misspelled 'Masaharu' in Yagyuu's part

- You forget Taka and Kabaji (poor them)

- I think it's Sakuno...?

I don't understand what you mean by Sanada's movement? I think it is a really fast swing, so fast a normal person cannot see the moment of impact.

Nioh fixed.

Yuushi I have a hard time believing is as good as Yagyuu, Nioh, Renji or Kite. He is very good though.

Added Taka and Kabaji. Their just hard to place.

Thanks for the Sakuno misspelling your right.

Last edited:

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Seems good so far Jyten..haven't looked it all over yet...semester's almost over so it's crunch time.

voicA

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
I don't understand what you mean by Sanada's movement? I think it is a really fast swing, so fast a normal person cannot see the moment of impact.

Nioh fixed.

Yuushi I have a hard time believing is as good as Yagyuu, Nioh, Renji or Kite. He is very good though.

Added Taka and Kabaji. Their just hard to place.

Thanks for the Sakuno misspelling your right.
Ah, I mean what you point by 'Earth'? maybe "Mountain'?

Sanada has Fuu (Wind) Rin (Forest) Ka (Fire) In (Shadow) Zan (Mountain) Rai (Lightning)

Because Yuushi lost in most of his double match with Gakuto, and he played plothax Momo in singles :p

Jyten

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ah, I mean what you point by 'Earth'? maybe "Mountain'?

Sanada has Fuu (Wind) Rin (Forest) Ka (Fire) In (Shadow) Zan (Mountain) Rai (Lightning)

Because Yuushi lost in most of his double match with Gakuto, and he played plothax Momo in singles :p
Ah, makes sense now with Sanada. Mountain has been updated. Also, as far as SS - about A is concerned I took it from Antres' post. So....if there are errors...I really didn't see them. :p

True, he did only lose doubles matches with Gakuto and we all know that who ever plays doubles with Cancer is going to lose. :p However, he only beat Momo. While Momo does have some degree of plothax, its not that much to really. Only Momo's singles win against Sengoku, I thought that was plothax.

So, its still hard to see him at Renji, Kirihara, or Tachibana level.

Bowser

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I though Zan (Mountain) was a position, net defence whilst he spams Ka (Fire) from there :O or use Rin (Forest)...

Sengoku isn't that weak - defo plot hax.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Well, since this list is lacking a few characters and the first few tiers are rather old, I made up another one which implements them. I'm too lazy to post the changes I made, so I'll just post the complete list:

SSS Tier
• Ryoga
• Kazuya
• Irie
• Oni
• Echizen

SS Tier
• Yukimura
• Sanada
• Tezuka
• Atobe

S Tier
• Renji
- Shiraishi
• Kintarou
• Fuji
• Tachibana
• Chitose
• Akutsu
• Kite
• Yagyuu

A Tier
• Kirihara
• Marui
• Krauser
• Niou
• Rin
• Inui

B Tier
• Jirou
• Gin
• Kaidoh
• Jackal
• Momoshiro
• Kenya
• Oshitari
• Sengoku
• Zaizen

C Tier
• Akazawa
- Mizuki
• Amane
• Yuuji
• Hiyoshi
• Ibu
• Kabaji
• Kamio
• Koharu

D Tier
• Higashitaka
• Kai
• Kaneda
• Kawamura
• Kikumaru
• Minami
• Oishi
• Ootori
• Shishido

E Tier
• Itsuki
• Kiraku (Midoriyama)
• Atsushi
• Ryou
• Kurobane
• Saeki
• Richard

F Tier
• Aoi
• Chinen
• Yuuta
• Ishida
• Tanishi

G Tier
• Kadowaki
• Gakuto

Last edited:

Bowser

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Shiraishi above Fuji? Definately not now...I'm unsure whether Renji is better than Fuji actually..

My list:

SSS Tier:
Kazuya
Irie
Oni
Echizen

SS Tier:
Yukimura
Sanada
Tezuka
Atobe

S Tier:
Fuji
Shiraishi
Renji
Tachibana
Chitose
Kintarou

A Tier:
Akutsu
Kite
Yagyuu
Niou
Kirihara
Gin
Krauser
Marui

B Tier
Kaidoh
Rin
Momoshiro
Inui
Oshitari
Sengoku
Jirou
Zaizen
Kenya

C Tier
Mizuki
Hiyoshi (I'm gonna say he's better now)
Akazawa
Amane
Kamio
Ibu
Kai
Koharu
Hitouji

D Tier
Kikumaru
Kawamura
Ootori
Shishido
Oishi
Tanishi
Chinen
Aoi
Yuuta
Gakuto
Ishida
Kurobane
Saeki

E Tier
Itsuki
Richard (I'm willing to bet he's probably better than Minami or Higashitaka
Jimmies (both of them)
Kaneda

F Tier
Kadowaki

Sherlock Holmes

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Shiraishi above Fuji? Definately not now...I'm unsure whether Renji is better than Fuji actually..
Renji, Inui, Niou and Mizuki's position all depend on one simple question:

Do they have any time to prepare?

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Renji, Inui, Niou and Mizuki's position all depend on one simple question:

Do they have any time to prepare?
Assume they do then. To be placed in a tier list correctly, you have to assume that character is playing at his best. If they need time, they get time.

Also, I was thinking it might make sense to use the same number of tiers when anyone of us posts a list and also that it's clearly visible where high tier ends and mid tier starts and so on. I think we would agree more with each other that way.

javimgol

Reaction score
Country
Spain
I won't make an entire list.
Only that for me, this people are in the same level.

Super Saiyan
Ryoma-Kazuya-Oni-Irie-Ryoga

They are the best, and they know it
Atobe-Sanada-Tezuka-Atobe-Fuji-Kintaroh

They just need more screen time
Chitose-Shiraishi-Tachibana

Oh-la-la-Mind raper masters
Renji-Yagyyu-Nioh

Best of the rest
Kite-Oshitari-Inui-Kaidoh-Kirihara-Bunta-Jackal-Gin-Krauser

We are waiting for you to show us your true awesomeness
Hiyoshi-Jiro-Zaizen

The rest are fodder, who cares?

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Jyten

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm only guessing, but probably everyone who made a complete list.
True, but the only person that sadly actually matters is Konomi and the thousands of yaoi fan girls that will kill Konomi if he does anything to hurt their favorite character. :p

I think I'll try and standardize my list to a set number of tiers. Just there is so many!

Gin versus Hyoshi are they on the same tier? I donno or like Kaidoh and Kirihara or Inui and Renji or Gin and Atksu. I mean its just plain hard.

We need a Arena like the other forums in mangahelpers...only because I <3 arenas. :)

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Well, I'd propose to have the classical diversion in High Tier, Mid Tier and Low Tier. In those players can be divided further, maybe in High+, High, High- etc.
For me it makes the most sense that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.