CopyNinjaKakashi's 356 Review | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

CopyNinjaKakashi's 356 Review

CopyNinjaKakashi

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I figured I would add another perspective on events in Naruto by starting my own reviews.

Thanks to:

Kylara for finding the RAW,
HisshouBuraiKen for his translation,
and the Edited Manga by kokotas, from which I pulled the images.

Thanks also to sahugani who gave me some pointers on getting the images.

Without further ado:

Naruto 356: Collision!

Color me bad!

Well we got another color spread, which is always nice. I know a lot of people aren't happy with Karin's hair color. It doesn't bother me too much. What really freaks me out in this image are her eyes. Juugo is freakin' huge, which I guess we should expect since he is older than the rest of them (You know he ate all his vegetables and drank his milk!).

If Kishi keeps doings these spreads with Naruto and toads, I would like to see some amphibian action from Naruto.

Passing in a Crowd

So Sakura and her nin-dogs followed Sasuke's scent into a crowded marketplace/town setting. Turns out they were actually tracking Karin. One would think that Karin would have noticed or heard Sakura talking to the dogs, but meh. I think the dog should be able to pinpoint Sasuke's scent, but maybe all the different odors in the town make it more difficult to locate the source of the scent. It seems these two may be destined to fight. I smell a cat fight in the future.

No surprises here

It was nice to see that Yamato, Naruto, and Hinata knew they weren't alone. Otherwise Hinata needs to work on her Byakugan. I just liked the art here, and how the cloaks add for effect.

He's back!

This was a nice surprise. I was hoping Kishi would bring Kabuto back. If he didn't do it soon, we would all wonder what happened to him. The last we saw of Kabuto was when he saw the remains of Orochimaru and Sasuke left him. We get to know what he was feeling a bit later and I will get to that. Interestingly, Kabuto has a nice cloak that only reveals half of his face....

Comic Relief

I just like how Tobi approached Sasuke and then retreated immediately. It was a humorous scene that didn't take up too much of the manga. Tobi also was a good distraction for Deidara.

The big bang!

Deidara attacks from above with both birds, causing a huge explosion. This was good teamwork by the Akatsuki. Hopefully, in the coming chapters, they will keep that teamwork up.

Little Black Book

So Kabuto's gift to Naruto is a book with all the information that he has gathered on Akatski. I don't think there is much info in there, since Kabuto himself said this wasn't a very good tool for leverage. Hopefully we will get to see what it contains. I would be ecstatic if if contained the identities of the last two members we don't know, but I know that would be getting my hopes up.

Identity Crisis

Without Orochimaru, Kabuto is like a lost little puppy. He had always wandered about, acting as a spy until he moved on to another village, until he met Orochimaru. He thanks Naruto for helping him realize who he was and what he can do... Another example of how Naruto changes people, but this time may not be ina good way. More on that shortly.

Where's Samuel L. Jackson when you need him?

So looks like Sasuke is pretty good at summoning serpents. And he is not in the mood for games, judging by his eyes. This scene just makes me yearn for Naruto to summon some toads.

This is one serious case of pinkeye!

Now we see why Kabuto's face was hidden. He incorporated part of Orochimaru into him so he could surpass Orochimaru. Alone Kabuto, would never be able to surpass Orochimaru, but now he is pretty freakin crazy and willing to do whatever it takes to gain strength. This confuses me though since I thought Orochimaru was buried in Sasuke's subconcious. I guess Kabuto took some remains of the white snake and experimented with the remains on himself.

CHAPTER GRADE: A-

This was an exciting chapter and we got to see several developments on both Konoha's side as well as Hebi's side. The plot is thickening at an incredible rate. In the coming chapters I would like to see Tobi and Deidara push Sasuke around a little. I don't want Sasuke to easily defeat two S-class shinobi. That would just make him even more god-like than he already appears. So Akatsuki pushes Sasuke around for a bit until someone from Konoha or Hebi shows up. This is where I'd like Kakashi to show up. It would definitely make sense with his connection to Deidara, and "possible" connection to Tobi.

I wonder if Yamato and company will try and stop Kabuto since he is to be apprehended on sight, or if he escapes. They definitely have valuable information that needs to get to Tsunade. I have a feeling there may be some more battles betwen Hebi and Konoha. We'll see why Juugo was activating his curse seal and what Kiba, Shino, and Sai are up to.

Well there's my first review, so I know the images are smaller than I wanted, so hopefully I will work the bugs out in the coming weeks. I hope you enjoyed the review and I look forward to some meaningful, fun discussion stemming from this.

sahugani

Now 20% Cooler
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Please register to see the content of this post.

qwan3356

Reaction score
Country
United States

kenpachi23

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

kiddo7

Reaction score
Country
Austria

Last edited:

Gio

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Greece

ornis

Reaction score
Country
United States

lordHokage

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Bahamas

lordHokage

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Bahamas

ANBU4U

Reaction score
Country
United States

Mendes

Reaction score
Country
Portugal