1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Want to try an epicly kawaii RPG? Check this out!
  3. Time for a new Photography Art Contest! Submissions for Bad Weather Photography Contest has begun. Enjoying those beautiful weathers, show off your photography skill!

Also, you may vote for your favorite piece in the Summer Art Contest Manga Helpers Flag !
  4. The Manga League is finally here!
  5. The MangaHelpers Waifu Wars 2018 have entered its fourth round! Fight for your Waifu now!
  6. The new season of the Anime League is here!
  7. The Tokyo Ghoul Awards have begun! Nominate your favorite moments and characters now!
  8. Want to read legit manga from Mangahelpers?! Get in here!

Could other family heads be using blood to strengthen their children?

Discussion in 'Tower of God' started by kkck, Jul 6, 2018.

1. kkck

kkck Waifu Slayer

神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike

Fire Nation
    This is something that crossed my mind...

Is it possible that the family heads could be using their own blood in their family members to make stronger kids? I am not talking about them merely having kids though. I am talking about a similar process to making princesses. Of course, the result wouldn't necessarily be the same as with princesses. Princesses get bullshit strong bodies from zahard's blood because that is a trait zahard has, a bullshit strong body. And that bullshit strong body is given to people on top of whatever other attribute they already have. So you have a koon or an eurasia with the physical might one could expect to inherit from zahard himself....

Anyways, the family heads would have little motivation to just give their blood to random people like zahard would as they already have families of their own but taking their own children and further strengthening them with their blood seems like something they have little reason to not do, unless the process does not work on people you are related with.

2. Huo Yuhao

Huo Yuhao Registered User

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member

Gotei 13
    I don't think that's how it works though.

Like, hypothetically, if Jahad had a girl/boy he can't just give them blood again to empower them. They're already born with that SAME blood. Which is why the direct descendants are so powerful and the only threat is a Jahad Princess in their journey. But if you were to give like Gustang's blood to Khun Ran, I guess he would get stronger.

Jammin likes this.
  3. Jack Van Burace

Jack Van Burace MH Senpai

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

Brazil
    It was said that this is exactly what gave Baragav his imense physical Powers. So yes, people on the Tower do experiment on this. To what extent tho is yet undisclosed.

4. Ripcord

Ripcord Registered User

United States
    Right but Baragav is not blood related to Mad Dog. The point is you can’t augment with blood from the same family.

5. Jack Van Burace

Brazil
    Ok, now I get what kkck is trying to say: making one stronger using its own family's blood? Well, I guess people born into a family already have that blood benefit to 100%, like Kun's body strength and inteligence. If he adds more blood from Kun family, imo, he gains nothing cause that 'race bonus' (and people who played dice RPGs know what I'm saying) is already in him since birth. Using D&D and Merp as references (wow, so old!) one would have a halfling bonus to agility, but if they were half-elves, or half-orcs, they had a chance to inherit racial bonuses from both races they belong to. My take on this is that each of 10 families is now like an old RPG racial feature in itself. I.E.: if you're a Ha, you get "physical constitution" bonus, your body gets a lot sturdier and physical strength is naturally high, and if you're a Koon, you get a reasonable phy bonus and some intelligence bonus as well. By being born from both you would get both bonuses, meaning you would have an even sturdier body, and some intelligence bonus. Hence, Eurasia Anne Jahad is the beast she is because she benefits from both families bonuses to 100%, and same for Bam.

If you treat yourself another family's blood, such as Jahad's blood in case of the princesses, this would be IMO an artificial way of adding part of that family's 'bonus attributes'. But probably not the same as being born into that family, since even among family members there is a difference between direct descendants and branches. Even having Arie's blood, Inieta wasn't as strong as a direct descendant, and that should apply to a person taking blood not originally theirs. The "racial bonus" they would get extra would be smaller than a person being born into that family. And as I write this I'm actually thinking again: perhaps it IS possible to gain extra 'bonuses' by doing so if you are from a family branch, and wants to equal yourself to a direct descendant. Perhaps Kun would be able to get more strength by doing something similar, yes, I agree with the OP.

Namchan likes this.
  6. Ripcord

Ripcord Registered User

United States
    Pretty sure it was confirmed that AA is a direct descendant of Eduan and a part of the main family. Otherwise I agree with you.

7. Demonspeed

Demonspeed Bon

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member

Global Moderator

France
    No, I don't think they do and the way you said it, I don't think it would have an effect. Blood Fusion exists but it's practiced by FUG. I don't see them doing this at all.

No, we don't know if A.A is a direct descendant.

8. Ripcord

Ripcord Registered User

United States
    Wasn’t there some statement of Koon being the son of Eduan’s favorite wife? Not to mention he’s got a rare attribute of ice.
    Wasn’t it that Koon’s sister that was going to be a princes was from Eduan’s favorite wife?

Also in Koon’s conversation with Maria we see Koon mention that they have the same father. Not to mention that Koon inherited the rare ice ability. Pretty sure he’s a direct descendant.

9. kkck

kkck Waifu Slayer

Fire Nation
    What I had in mind with actual descendants from the family heads was that not all of them ended up necessarily getting the family's main attributes. The koon family is the best example of this. They have shown a variety of traits so far. Physical strength, lightining, shinsoo qualities, spearbearing... But if you look at kiseia she fought with a knife and had very high physical abilities. But where is the spear bearing or lightning? In koon's case he has ice over lightning. And there are varying degrees of talents across the family as well. So what I had in mind was that a kid that didn't excel at anything special or perhaps was just exceptional at the one thing could be given a boost this way, at least in regards to what he lacks.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 8, 2018, Original Post Date: Jul 8, 2018 ---
    Of course, if this is more or less what is happening with the mad dogs then there are interesting possibilities... The series seems to say the mad dogs aren't as strong as princesses which is perhaps due to having superior blood to making princesses along with princesses selected from elite people to begin with and even 10 family members who are stronger to begin with... But this sort of opens up the possibility that the superior mad dogs around could be matches to a princess.

10. Demonspeed

Demonspeed Bon

Global Moderator

France
    They all have the same father. Direct descent is different in the Tower. About AA's wife, I don't remember saying that, but I know you can raise your status through fights in their family. I just checked the wiki and it says his mother's lineage is "not impressive".

He having the ice attribute makes me think he is not a direct descendant actually. Because electricity is the main attribute of the Koon's family. It would be different if he had both electricity and ice, but he doesn't have the electricity attribute.

11. kkck

kkck Waifu Slayer

Fire Nation
    Ice spear is a rare trait though and add to that that aguero is the koon chile we have seen that looks the most like eduan... And even eduan acknowledged agueros talent. That doesn't really sound like a non direct descendant.

12. Demonspeed

Demonspeed Bon

Global Moderator

France
    Yes, it is rare. But he doesn't have the main attribute of the family. Eduan has several attributes but his main one and the one he is most powerful with is obviously electricity. You don't need to be a direct descendant to be talented, he is a Koon, of course he is talented. And I don't think being direct descendant is that important overall, SIU himself said that being a direct doesn't always makes you better than the others. We have seen people like Elaine and Inieta.

13. Jack Van Burace

Brazil
    Guys, I get the feeling there's a clear distinction between direct and branch families in the name.

Eurasia Anne
    Eurasia Phonsecal Laurie

Kun Ran
    Kun Aguero Agnis
    Kun Marco Ascensio

2 names: direct descendant
    3 names: branch from that main family

Marco Ascensio is the head of its own branch so its confirmed he isnt main. Phonsecal has the specific trait of sleeping all the time, which I doubt the Eurasia family will have as a whole.

The only hole I see in this is that we don't know Elaine's supposed 3rd name, If the rule does work like this. Any thought?

14. Demonspeed

Demonspeed Bon

Global Moderator

France
    Interesting theory. Maybe it applies to the Koon family but not the others, Laure is called Phonsekal Laure, not Eurasia Phonsekal Laure. Same for Irure, and as you said there is Elaine.

15. Ripcord

Ripcord Registered User

United States
    That would be pretty irrefutable evidence.
    Seems it’s only a Koon thing. We know Nobic is in a branch of the Ha family but he has a different surname.

16. Jammin

Jammin Androssi Worshiper

九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!

Mangahelper

United States
    I like the theory but there is another problem. That it was heavily hinted that Koon is a direct descendant. Though he could easily be putting his mothers maiden name there just to confuse the issue.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 12, 2018, Original Post Date: Jul 12, 2018 ---
    Though to the core question of using blood like Zahard uses his on the princesses. I doubt it. The reason being the same reason there are so many rules to being a princess. Their children would also carry that power. Can't imagine they'd like the idea of that any more than he does, but unlike Zahard they don't actually need to do it.

I agree that it would likely have no effect on their own descendants because they share the same blood/ But it might work for like adopted outsiders. Probably. Though I bet there is more to what Zahard does than just give them a little blood in order to make princesses. I doubt it's that straightforward.

The greater question to me is whether or not Baam is going to be able to do it too. We've seen his powerlevel isn't that far off of Zahard himself and yet we know Zahard had already created princesses even before he'd reached the top of the tower. Can Baam do something similar?

17. Jack Van Burace

Brazil
    I think each Shinsoo type Will have its own perks. Like Bam's talk with Kun on Hell Train about his true Power and How that has a relationship to the fact he learns skills used on him, and How he gulps entities with his Orb. Making princesses would be Jahad's. Each of 13 adventurers Will have its perks.

18. kkck

kkck Waifu Slayer

Fire Nation
    I guess it depends on what traits exactly can be passed down through blood. When it comes to princesses it seems like a fairly straightforward process. Zahard is insanely talented in all aspects of combat but his main feature is his astonishingly strong body. And princesses are strengthened exactly in that regard, they are given bodies immensely stronger than pretty much everyone else. And... that is it. They do not seem to inherit zahard's talent for shinsoo control for instance. So if it comes to bam the question would be whether non physical traits can be passed on... When it comes to physical strength bam is currently bellow average, and IMO the most he can aspire to is average for the 10 families, but he excels at shinsoo control. So bam passing on his physical strength would yield mediocre results but in turn passing on his shinsoo control would be remarkable. I guess there is at least a non zero chance that non physical skills can't be passed through this process... Of course, in this scenario the entire idea of the 10 families using their blood to strengthen others would be mostly void.