Anime - D.Gray-man Season 1 (Episodes 1-51) Discussion | Page 26 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Anime D.Gray-man Season 1 (Episodes 1-51) Discussion

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Last edited by a moderator:

Tomodachi69

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: DGM episode 41

-sigh- I've kinda given up on the D.Grayman anime. If it's only 52 eps, then there's no chance of it sucessfully going back to the manga plot.

Kojiro Ganryu Sasaki

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden

-sigh- I've kinda given up on the D.Grayman anime. If it's only 52 eps, then there's no chance of it sucessfully going back to the manga plot.
There's not enough space to make up a bs "Allen beats the earl" ending either, which means they're going to cut off and leave it open for more later on.

Digital_Eon

Proofreader
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada

There's not enough space to make up a bs "Allen beats the earl" ending either, which means they're going to cut off and leave it open for more later on.
Well, that's not too bad. It'd be depressing if they did change the ending entirely, but having a cut-off ending at least will inspire some people to read the manga... and others to complain about what a crappy ending that was.

Tomodachi69

Reaction score
Country
United States

That's true. 11 more episodes left and they still have to find Cross and beat the Earl. Not to mention this filler crap they have going on right now.

See, what I'm hoping for is another season or something, one that will be able to take over the manga plot again. Maybe the last 11 episodes will lead up to the beginning or end of the Suman arc somehow and another season or something of D.Grayman will start, sorta like Naruto Shippuden. Unlikely, but that's what I hope for.. I really want to see the Suman and Edo arcs animated. ;___;

Crude

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Portugal

So is the episode all filler?

Magical Poof

Reaction score
Country
United States

Week after week we have this filler crap. I wanted to see the Crown Clown! Damnit all!

Where's Tyki sticking his hand in Allen's chest? Where's Bak and everyone at the Asia branch? Where's armless!Allen and mist!Innocence? Where's my friggin' Crown Clown?! -cries-

Koen

Celestial Belgian
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
DGM episode 42

torrent:

Torrent

screenshots:

ScreeniesA

ScreeniesB

ScreeniesC

Okay another fillerish episode. Imo this is only a setting to the suman dark arc. There must be a reason to introduce that character and his dissapearance. So the suman arc prolly woul be the end of a 1st, 2nd season (how you call it, like the krory events could have end the 1st season maybe?)

But as I never believed, and never will and as many are starting to doubt -> d.gray-man certainly will be more then 52 episodes long

[mod=magier] episode subbed by shinsen-subs: HERE[/mod]

Raijatsu

Reaction score
Country
Germany

I don't know
somehow I like this filler arc or at least how it begins
Lulubelle is a very interesting character imho and she is a Noah so it there might be a few good fight scenes
so I'm going to give the next episodes a chance it might be better than the last 10

Koen

Celestial Belgian
Reaction score
Country
Belgium

Tomodachi69

Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: DGM episode 43

9 eps left and still this filler stuff. It'll probably drag out for 2 or 3 more eps and then... who knows. Hopefully 52 will be the "end" of some season and the studio takes a break to catch up with the manga? Maybe re-intro the series with the Suman Dark stuff? At least, that's why I hope will happen...

BTW... Yoruichi!? Oh wait, wrong series.

Magical Poof

Reaction score
Country
United States

Only nine episodes left? Crown Clown...? Wh-where's the Crown Clown? -curls up into a little ball and cries-

I hope they do the Suman stuff. It was probably my favorite part of the arc. D:

Digital_Eon

Proofreader
Reaction score
Country
Canada

I started crying when I was looking at the seiyuu info on ANN and realized there was a Noah called "Lulubell". Now that they've kind of screwed up Boric (having two Noah from the southern US, otherwise?), is there ANY hope left.

And WHAT is that awful little thing that looks like a demented Allen/Lenalee lovechild?

RainyFrog

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Noooooo. Seriously, enough with this made-up Noah and the stereotypical girl sidekick. I'm kind of wishing Hoshino-sensei had never drawn her (even as tiny and unimportant as she was in the picture), because then maybe all these episodes would be very different. IE, good. :/

I would like to see them get the exorcist group back together and do the Suman thing, but it's not looking likely.

Tomodachi69

Reaction score
Country
United States

I'm wondering, what's the deal with the anime? Is it really just 52 eps, the end? Is there any talk among anyone whose talk matters that the D.gray-Man anime won't be completely over at 52?

I'm starting to fear that this will be like Kenshin; great manga adaption, then veering way off track to end series on a terrible note.

I really hope 52 eps isn't the absolute end of the anime. There's so much good stuff starting with Suman Dark.

Digital_Eon

Proofreader
Reaction score
Country
Canada

I wouldn't care if it was the end of the anime. The GOOD thing about ending it at 52 episodes is that they'll probably end it
with Allen getting killed by Tiki,
which means that it ends up following the manga storyline, and will inspire people to read the manga. It doesn't look like they'll have the time or desire to change the ending at this point... but if they do...

Last edited:

Magical Poof

Reaction score
Country
United States

Good lord. I just wanted to Crown Clown animated. Was that too much to ask?! Apparently! (Plus we're probably never see Anita or the people at the Asia Branch...)

I would be mildly appeased if it ended with Tyki killing Allen... But the "anime-only" watchers (if there even are any for this show) will be like, "WTF? The main character died."

SPOILERS FOR DEATH NOTE: (Like when I was reading the manga and L died, I was all "Why are there more chapters?!", but it just turns out he got replaced by far-less-cool Near.)

rhapsody blue

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States

ummm... could we please put the future manga chapter storylines under spoiler tags because my friends who only watch the anime read these posts too and they don't want to get spoiled...