1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Want to read legit manga from Mangahelpers?! Get in here!
  3. The new season of the Anime League is here! Tell us which new Anime of this season you liked the most so far!
  4. Submissions for Landmark Photography Contest has begun. Capture a picture of a landmark!

Voting has begun for the Musical Cover Contest. Pick your favorite piece!

Congratulations to Ustegius for winning the Illustrated Children Book Drawing contest!
  5. The MangaHelpers Manga Awards 2018 have reached their climax! Crown the winners now!
  6. Starting from mid-February or so we'll be going through the media gallery and sorting through the submissions there to ensure they match with our recent changes listed in the Media Gallery Guide.
    As such some media files will be removed, so please be sure to look through your media and ensure it is up to requirements If you have any questions, contact a global/admin.
Though artists in particular, everyone please do check out the [MEDIA GUIDE] , as there are information relevant for you all. Thanks!

Spoiler DGM Chapter 228 Spoiler Thread -Next Chapter Out in April-

Discussion in 'D. Gray Man' started by riki, Jan 19, 2018.

1. Lomahongva

Lomahongva Registered User

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

Spain
    Oh my bad!!! I was commuting while typing that post and it didn't save all what I wrote. In fact, I wanted to say if she wanted to change her current avi for a new one for that CP on HQ. IMO, it'd be a wonderful avi.

So that piece of wood that changed Tim into ashes belonged to Marian. :O

Erinyes likes this.
  2. fuff

fuff Registered User

Canada
    11pages and nothing...really happened.....
    i guess another 3months of waiting for the next dgray chapter >.<

3. Vizard

Vizard Registered User

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member

Genosha
  4. Calbalacrab

Calbalacrab Registered User

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member

Italy
    ssoo... we've waited this long for a chapter about Timcampy?

5. Dlanor_A.Knox

Dlanor_A.Knox Registered User

Netherlands
    Damn, Cross just looks so.. sad.

Erinyes likes this.
  6. MSofAofCOCA

MSofAofCOCA Registered User

United States
    You must be new here...

Gonna wait for english scans this time.
    Kinda stopped caring about individual chapter length, but now I'm realizing that it's going to take ages for volume release at this rate lol - my volume-only friends are going to suffer.

Erinyes and Chloesong like this.
  7. Zibi234

Zibi234 Registered User

Poland
    So next full volume will get out in like 3-5years with such material speed... kinda hoped this chapter to have at least more data in those 11pages...too bad... hoped that Hoshino would resolve the stuff around Tim more in this chapter which would speed up the plot progress a bit more... yet now I can expect in the next chapter will be about allens breakdown/depression/crying...no real story progression. So some story development will happen mostly in 6months from now on, since with this huge-panel and low pages account there is just no way to progress like how it was in past.

In each forum I saw its the same thing... lots lots of complainig about the amount of pages for 3months of waiting, they mostly agree that the art is great...but think that quality over quantity isnt really a great idea for a series that comes 1chapter per 3months. 90days (3months) is like 12weeks... which would look like 1page per week was drawn...thats a bit harsh for fans.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018 at 9:03 PM
  8. Silverwolf442

Silverwolf442 Registered User

United States
    Saw some translations on tumblr. If they'e accurate, it's nice to finally see Cross confirm that he created Tim. It's been said twice, but people are still saying Nea was the creator, Idk what some fans needed. But now Cross has said it. lol IN addition to Komui and Apocryphos.

This chapter also seems to put a dark insight on Cross & Tim.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018 at 10:07 PM
  9. Chloesong

Chloesong Registered User

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member

United States
    Link to the tumblr trans, Silverwolf? I tried searching tumblr but couldn't find it.

In the meantime, I'll give this a shot to anyone who is impatient like me. :p Very literal translation from the Korean scans posted above by Vizard. May contain conceptual errors!
    // to indicate a different bubble or panel
    / for alternate translation
    [] for my notes

Pg. 1
    Cross: This is Timcampy
    //
    Cross: A golem that I made. Do you know what a golem is? Probably not?
    Allen: Ah... I know. In a fairytale that I often heard from Mana... there was always a golem... ...
    Cross: Ho oh. [small text: What sort of fairytale../What the hell kind of fairytale..]

Pg. 2/Title Page
    The Existence Entrusted To the Person Left Behind
    To A:W, Say Farewell - Poison and Guide/ Saying Farewell to A:W - Poison and Navigator

Pg. 3
    Allen: This is a golem... There really is a person who could make friends with a golem./There really exists a person who could be friends with a golem.
    //
    Cross: Friend...
    Allen: Waaa
    //
    Cross: Friend... You're kidding/That's a joke?

Pg. 3
    Cross: I'll lend that to you, quickly grow up, kid.
    Allen: Ah
    Cross: From now on, whether it's crying or wetting yourself at night, I'm telling you to stop. / From now on, at night, stop crying or wetting the bed. [Lost in translation is Cross's tender/talking down to a little kid tone.]
    Allen: There/Over there [Addressing Cross without using his name]
    Cross: AH?
    //
    Allen: I too... Is it okay if I become friends with Timcampy? [Note, Allen's using polite formal language, while Cross is not]
    Cross: I don't care, Sleep!/ I dunno, sleep!

Pg. 4
    Cross: Che/Sheesh
    //
    Cross: That guy/it from long ago was your colleague [nakama]/ From the beginning, wasn't that guy your nakama/colleague/friend.
    Cross: To me, it's not. I wouldn't call something I want to kill so badly a friend. [T/N: ?!! Tim's not friends with Cross?? Maybe this part is wrong? Currently double checking]

Pg. 5
    Mother/Maza: Tim is the last remaining keepsake/ Tim is the only remaining keepsake [T/N: Not familiar with the word.]
    //
    Mother: I can't even imagine how much of a disgusting/sickening existence it is to you, however
    //
    Mother: You have crossed the path of a man who touched the truth. [T/N: google trans says: "You have reached the truth and crossed the path of man["]
    Mother: Even if you use that wood piece to crack Tim, you don't know if you'll be liberated/ there may not be freedom.

Pg. 6
    Mother: However it seems to me that even having the mindset/position of 'I could destroy/crack it whenever' will provide a small support/crutch to your mind.
    Mother: I'm saying you should keep the wood piece like this with that kind of mindset.
    'Cornelia's wood piece'
    To complete your mission, it will probably become your poison amulet.
    //
    Whether that place exists, or doesn't
    I don't know even if I can arrive there/if it is a place where I can arrive

Pg. 7
    Only this symbol/keepsake is here. [T/N: google back to japanese: akashi 証, which is an object that symbolizes/ proves the existence of something else, often intangible such as love, .]

Pg. 8
    N/A

Pg. 9
    N/A

Pg. 10
    Probably-Cross: Timcampy
    Cross: I'm telling you to reach/ arrive at the destination, Tim.

Pg. 11.
    Cross: No matter what happens, you
    Cross: Until the end, follow/stay with those two people.

Pg. 12
    Cross: As you did to me, become a guide to Nea. [T/N: Spelling error here? Korean scans say Mee-A, which I assume should be Nea.]
    /SPOILER]

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018 at 2:14 AM
    Dlanor_A.Knox and mahsanaru like this.
  10. Silverwolf442

Silverwolf442 Registered User

United States
  11. Chloesong

Chloesong Registered User

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member

United States
    I'm surprised that Cross doesn't consider Tim a friend. :(

Same. Personally I'd rather get 11 pages consistently every three months rather than an undefined hiatus, followed by 30+ pages for a "return announcement chapter ", then followed again by another indeterminate hiatus. Obviously, it'd be better to a full chapter every time, but I'd rather get something rather than nothing. I'm hoping that eventually her health will improve. Some people mentioned that it might be better if she switched to a light novel format, but personally I don't mind waiting for the rest of DGM because I've resigned myself to the fact it might take decades.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018 at 2:42 AM
  12. Erinyes

Erinyes Intl Translator

The Wall
    Yeah its a wonderful cover,will check if i can find a cleaned version, in any case will add it to my pics collection [​IMG]

13. Skylent

Skylent Registered User

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member

France
    Where is the translated chapteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerr