Anime DGM Theater Hang Out Thread

Azurel

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
I just found out d-grayman had an anime :XD and just started watching it.. it's really nice ^^ the introduction is clearer than the manga and the opening song is good! :woo

just wondering if the anime so far is following the manga story.. or has it strayed?

rhapsody blue

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
According to this Japanese blog, the 33rd episode will be...

The Village Where the Witch Lives

In other words, Kanda's chapter from the Reverse Novel

Last edited:

Schwindelmagier

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
So, as it seems, they will put a lot (maybe everything) of the reverse novels into the Anime, or at least parts of it before they will hopefully come to the Edo arc.

RainyFrog

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I only read some of the first Reverse novel, so I'm looking forward to the Witch episode, but if there are going to be 52 episodes in the series and the Edo thing hasn't really started yet, they better get on it kind of soon if they mean to follow the manga closely. That battle in the middle of the ocean part was pretty long...
I wonder at what point the series is going to end? I would love to see the current chapters animated! (More Tyki...XD)

Schwindelmagier

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
That's exactly what I am thinking, too...RainyFrog-san :3. More animated Tyki, pleaaaaaaaaaaaaase >.<.

rhapsody blue

Reaction score
Country
United States
picaaa from lj has posted some magazine scans of the seiyuu.

Episode 32 from TMS Entertainment:
Mysterious Ghost Ship

Babelfish translation of synopsis, which is confusing:
Searching the cross marshal, the allene which continues traveling. When it goes to the port in order to cross the sea, unless the liner of the expectation which everyday is operated is sunk in the pirate boat, is tomorrow you say that it cannot start on a voyage. When you stay in the inn without manner, ティムキャンピー is caught in only son arch of that inn. Arch if we want returning ティムキャンピー to allene, inserting required to the pirate group where by his has done the leader. Allene is astringent astringently in associating to the children. On the one hand, the weird shadow had wriggled in the sea...!

My interpretation:
A son of an innkeeper named Arch? wants Allen to fight against the leader of the pirates to get ティムキャンピー (Timcanpy?) back...and I bet that weird shadow is an Akuma. I guess they are anticipating POTC.

Last edited:

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
okay for me it is obvious that second part of d.gray-man will be a filler or reverse novel part anime. So the 52th episode must be the end of what they will call the first or second season.

Why those storylines? It is like reborn!, both have been animated soon and with both the animators are trying this method to not catch up to soon

rhapsody blue

Reaction score
Country
United States
Episode 34 Title:

The Village Where the Witch Lives (Part 2)

Schwindelmagier

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
So, the second part of Kanda's reverse novel story. Wonder if they continue to follow the manga then. How many times did i say this now? xD

Akatsuki_DraGoN_

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Re: The D. Gray-man RAW Thread

I couldn't post my question at the d.gray-man index, so I hope I won't get banned for this:d here goes:

I checked some sites and all of them say the same thing that there are 52 episodes of D.gray-man. It isn't possible that it'll end so quickly is it? But the guys who read the manga maybe know a little bit more?

rhapsody blue

Reaction score
Country
United States
Found out episode 35 title and summary from TMS Entertianment

風をまとうエクソシスト
The Exorcist Who Probably Will Wait for the Wind

Summary
リナリーは、再びアレンと合流するために、スペインへと向かうことになった。

そのためには、シュバルツバルトという森を抜けなければならない。
「黒い森」と名付けられたそこは狼による犠牲者が後を絶たないことで知られていた。

ゴズと共に森を抜けようとするリナリー。

やがて、ふたりの前に狼の群れを逃れてきた一団の姿が…。その一団によると「ジェシカ」という少女が行方不明だという。すると間もなく、少女の悲鳴が森の奥から聞こえてくる!

救出に向かうリナリーだが、とても間に合いそうにない。

そのとき一陣の風が狼の群れを蹴散らす。
やがて、姿を現した男は…スーマン・ダーク、黒の教団エクソシストだった。

babelfish Translation
Lenalee, in order again to go together with Allen, came to the point of arriving in Spain.

For that, the forest, シュバルツバルト must be passed through.
There where it is named the "black forest" was known by the fact that the victim by the wolf does not cut off after.

Lenalee, who is with ゴズ, tries to pass through the forest.

Eventually, the crowd of the wolf escapes before the cover り the form of one group which....According to the one group you say that the girl, "ジェシカ" is the whereabouts unclear. When it does, it is prompt, scream of the girl is audible from the inner part of the forest!

It is Lenalee who faces to rescue, but it may be in time it is not very.

That time the gust of wind 蹴 scatters the crowd of the wolf. Eventually, the man who displays the form... sou man darkness (Suman Dark!?), was the teaching group exorcist of black.

Thoughts
Another filler, but hopefully 36 will follow the manga chapters again.

Wait a minute! Is Suman being introduced in this episode?

Last edited:

Schwindelmagier

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hm~~~ Suman Dark. Let's hope he is it.

rhapsody blue

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hm~~~ Suman Dark. Let's hope he is it.
Yep, he is; I just confirmed it. Suman's name in Kanji (スーマン・ダーク) is mentioned in the Japanese synopsis.

そのとき一陣の風が狼の群れを蹴散らす。
やがて、姿を現した男は…スーマン・ダーク、黒の教団エクソシストだった。

I guess this episode will explain how Lenalee got to know Suman before the whole incident, and may be we can see what his power is (I think it may deal with wind since the summary mentioned a "gust of wind" attacking the wolves).

Next week episode information:

Japanese text:
【第36夜】闇の帳(とばり)

クロス元帥探索のため、スペインへ向かう列車に乗り合わせるアレンとリナリー。

しかし、その列車が大量のアクマに襲われてしまう!

列車を離れアクマとの死闘におよぶ二人。
闘いにこそ勝利したものの、周りを見回すとそこは広大なオリーブ畑の中だった。

夜になり空腹を抱えて途方にくれている二人は偶然、デボン率いる移動中のファインダー部隊に出くわす。

予期せぬ出会いに親交を深める一行だが、やがて彼らの前に現れるのは…。

< 36th Night > Register of Darkness (with Beam)

For Cross Marshal search, Allen and Lenalee which it makes the train ride together which faces to Spain.

But, that train is attacked in mass アクマ (Akuma)!

Two people who reach to the dead fighting of アクマ (Akuma) from the train separated. To very fighting to be, although victory it did, when it looks around around, there was in the immense olive field.

It is night and holds hunger and two people who have been given to the way come across to the finder unit which is on the move which accidentally Devonian is led.

It is one line which deepens friendship in the encounter which you expect, but as for appearing eventually before them....

Allen and Lenalee are reunited in Spain and head out to continue their search for Cross. On the way, their train got attacked by Akuma, which they defeated. However, I guess they found themselve in an olive field after the battle (probably because they left the train to fight).

Hungry, the two exorcists found a Finder unit that was on the move. I don't know who or what Devonian is (he may be the leader of the finder group); all the information I found about Devonian is that it is "geologic period of the Paleozoic era spanning from roughly 415 to 360 million years ago. It is named after Devon, England, where rocks from this period were first studied" (wikipedia).

Anyway, Lenalee and Allen's friendship deepens based on one line during the encounter (Akuma fight?), but something or someone eventually appears before them (I would laugh if the things that were Lavi and company to ruin the moment).

In other words, it is a AllenxLenalee episode. A filler, but the writers has to explain how the group is going to head off to China. Maybe Lavi and co. will appear at the end so that the manga story will finally begin again.

According to ANN, Episode 39 is called
Silent Casket

Episode 37 information courtesy of TV Tokyo:

Japanese text:
第37話 「隣人の鐘 ~チャリティベル~」

ティエドール元帥を捜してバルセロナへと向かう神田とデイシャ。途中、辿り着いたのは見晴らしの良い高台。そこから見えるのは、広がる青い海と空。デイシャはやがて、故郷である海辺の街での日々を思い出す。少年時代、デイシャは、平穏でのんびりとした何もない毎日に苛立っていた。そんな時、街に突然見たこともないような怪物が現れる。その怪物の出現がデイシャの運命を大きく変えたのだった…。エクソシスト・デイシャの誕生ストーリー!

Neighbor's Bell ~???~ <-Does anyone know what チャリティベル mean?

Searching the ティエドール (Tiedoll) marshal, Kanda and the day plain gauze (Daisya Barry) which face to Barcelona. The middle, as for arriving the hillock whose having a view is good. The blue sea and sky where what it is visible from there spreads. The day plain gauze (Daisya Barry) eventually remembers the everyday life in the town of the seashore where it is the home. Boyhood, the day plain gauze (Daisya Barry), being calm, was irritated in every day there is no at all it does freely and easily. Such a time, the kind of monster either you have not seen suddenly in the town appears. It meant that appearance of that monster changed the destiny of the day plain gauze largely.... Birth story of exorcist day plain gauze (Daisya Barry)!

So next week is about Daisya Barry's past and how he became an exorcist.

Last edited:

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Nice reasearch snooge - thanks a lot

I still can't believe d.gray-man being only 52 episode long

Digital_Eon

Proofreader
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Nice reasearch snooge - thanks a lot

I still can't believe d.gray-man being only 52 episode long
Has it been confirmed that the anime will completely end there, instead of making a third season to be aired in the fall or next spring? If so... that ending is going to be really messed-up. >_>

rose

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Episode 37 information courtesy of TV Tokyo:

Japanese text:
第37話 「隣人の鐘 ~チャリティベル~」

ティエドール元帥を捜してバルセロナへと向かう神田とデイシャ。途中、辿り着いたのは見晴らしの良い高台。そこから見えるのは、広がる青い海と空。デイシャはやがて、故郷である海辺の街での日々を思い出す。少年時代、デイシャは、平穏でのんびりとした何もない毎日に苛立っていた。そんな時、街に突然見たこともないような怪物が現れる。その怪物の出現がデイシャの運命を大きく変えたのだった…。エクソシスト・デイシャの誕生ストーリー!

Neighbor's Bell ~???~ <-Does anyone know what チャリティベル mean?

Searching the ティエドール (Tiedoll) marshal, Kanda and the day plain gauze (Daisya Barry) which face to Barcelona. The middle, as for arriving the hillock whose having a view is good. The blue sea and sky where what it is visible from there spreads. The day plain gauze (Daisya Barry) eventually remembers the everyday life in the town of the seashore where it is the home. Boyhood, the day plain gauze (Daisya Barry), being calm, was irritated in every day there is no at all it does freely and easily. Such a time, the kind of monster either you have not seen suddenly in the town appears. It meant that appearance of that monster changed the destiny of the day plain gauze largely.... Birth story of exorcist day plain gauze (Daisya Barry)!

So next week is about Daisya Barry's past and how he became an exorcist.

That "neighbor's bell", from what I've made out from the katakana, it says "Charity Bell" ie- Daisya's weapon.

rhapsody blue

Reaction score
Country
United States
Episode 37 Information

【第38夜】フロワ・ティエドール

バルセロナ。ティエドール元帥がいるとされる街は、最大の危機を迎えていた。

元帥を狙ってアクマたちが大挙して襲いかかってきたのだ。

バルセロナの街に詰めていたファインダーたちは、結界装置を用いてアクマたちの侵攻を食い止めようとするが、数、強さ共に圧倒的なアクマ達に押され街への侵入を阻止できない。

総力戦になり、ファインダーたちは次々に命を落としていく。
このままでは全滅も間近・・・その時、白刃をふるう、頼れるあの男が戦場と化したバルセロナに降り立った!

< 38th night > Froi Tiedoll

Barcelona. The town which assumes that the ティエドール marshal is, had received largest crisis.

Aiming for the marshal, アクマ en masse, it attacked.

The finders who have been stuffed to Barcelona town try to stop the invasion of アクマ making use of the joining boundary device, but both number and strength it is pushed in the preponderant ア bear and invasion to the town cannot be obstructed.

It becomes all out warfare, the finders keep dropping life one after another.
That man who this way also total destruction the nearness... that time, thrives the naked sword, can depend the battlefield got off in Barcelona which is converted and stood!

A mass attack from the Akuma brings crisis in Barcelona where it is thought General Tiedoll is staying. The Finders try to protect the city by using the barrier devices (like the one used during The Ghost of Mateel Arc but one by one, they die. I guess in the end, Kanda is approaching the city, and I have a feeling that Daisya is dead in this week's episode. :( I hope that Noise Marie will show up soon.

Found this on 2ch; I think this is the rating for each episode since April 3rd.

パンジャヌ Dグレ
4/3  2.0%  3.5%(+1.5%)「終末への幕明け」アレン
4/10. 2.7% .. 3.0%(+0.3%)「わが師、クロス元帥」アレン、リナリー
4/17. 1.4%  2.8%(+1.4%)「エクソシスト・クロウリー」ラビ、クロ、ブックマン
4/24. 1.5%  2.0%(+0.5%)「魂を売る者・前編」アレン、リナリー
5/1  1.5%  3.1%(+1.6%)「魂を売る者・後編」アレン、リナリー
5/8  1.2%  1.4%(+0.2%)「迷子のミランダ」ミランダ
5/15. 1.5%  2.6%(+1.1%)「なぞの幽霊船」アレン
5/22. 1.2%   2.5%(+1.3%)「魔女の棲む村・前編」神田
5/29. 1.4%  1.8%(+0.4%)「魔女の棲む村・後編」神田
6/5  0.9%  2.0%(+1.1%)「風をまとうエクソシスト」リナリー
6/12. 1.4%  2.6%(+1.2%)「闇の帳(とばり)」アレン、リナリー
6/19. *.*%  *.*%(+*.*%)「隣人の鐘~チャリティベル~」神田、デイシャ

Last edited:

Schwindelmagier

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Ehm, is this rating good or bad?

rhapsody blue

Reaction score
Country
United States
I think they are decent; Naruto Shippuuden usually have around 5.0 rating.

The anime that usually do the best are mostly family-friendly (e.g. Doraemon) based on this and this

Episode 40 info from TV Tokyo:

Japanese text:
第40話 「鎮魂の薔薇」

バルセロナでの大戦闘から数日後、アレンとリナリーはローズドリナという街に辿り着き、ラビとクロウリーと合流する。ローズドリナの街はちょうどバラ祭りと呼ばれる祭典の期間で、活気に満ちていた。しかしアレンたちはそんな街の雰囲気になじめない。多くの仲間が犠牲になった先の戦闘がどうしても頭から離れないのだ。自分の無力さを痛感し落ち込むアレンたち。しかしそんな彼らの前に再びアクマが現れる。

babelfish translation:
40th Story: "Rose of the repose of souls"

Several days later, it arrives to the town, allene and as for リナリー ローズドリナ from the large battle in Barcelona, flows together with rabbi and クロウリー. The town of ローズドリナ at period of the festival model which is called the rose celebration exactly, was full in vigor. But it cannot adapt to the atmosphere of such a town allene. Battle ahead many companions have become sacrifice by any means does not leave from the head. Your own helplessness the allene which it feels keenly and falls. But アクマ appears again before such them.

Summary:
So Allen and Lenalee are reunited with Lavi and Krory in a town which will not translate (ローズドリナ). Apparently, there is a festival going on celebrating roses. Because of the loss of allies, Allen does not feel like celebrating. While feeling helpless, he meets Suman.

Last edited:

Schwindelmagier

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Great, once you think they finally found the way back to the original storyline, they have to air fillers again >_<