Do we have any idea on the ages of the main cast? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Do we have any idea on the ages of the main cast?

Darkus

Banned
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Like how old are the 4 main humans? I mean, Shiki and Rebecca are drawn the same as Natsu and Lucy, who are in the late teens, 19 at most, so I would assume Shiki is around 17/18, Rebecca is 18, Weisz is 20 and Homura is 19. Any other possible/accurate guess? I see some people say Rebecca looks younger than Lucy, but I don't see it as shown in the HEROES manga

Jean Grey

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
I'll give Shiki 16/17.

15 years ago, Hermit met humans and wanted to help them

when Ziggy released the Shining Stars, Shiki was a baby

we'll give it a benefit of doubt and say that it took Hermit a year or two to find humans so Shiki would be 16 or 17 because 15 is too young.

Rebecca activated her Cat Leaper 10 years ago in a car accident that "killed" Happy and she looked like she was 6 or 7 (typical Shounen years look) so she is 16 or 17.

5 years ago, Valkyrie disappeared and Homura looked like she was in mid puberty so she was around 13 or 14 years old so she is around 18 or 19.

as for Weisz, he is around 20.

Darkus

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I'll give Shiki 16/17.

we'll give it a benefit of doubt and say that it took Hermit a year or two to find humans so Shiki would be 16 or 17 because 15 is too young.

Rebecca activated her Cat Leaper 10 years ago in a car accident that "killed" Happy and she looked like she was 6 or 7 (typical Shounen years look) so she is 16 or 17.

5 years ago, Valkyrie disappeared and Homura looked like she was in mid puberty so she was around 13 or 14 years old so she is around 18 or 19.

How about 18 for Rebecca/Shiki

Also, does Rebecca look younger than Lucy from Fairy Tail? I heard people say this but they look the same to me age wise

Jean Grey

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
How about 18 for Rebecca/Shiki
maybe but based on timeline, 16/17 is more likely (at least for Shiki) but I think 18 is possible cause I don't see old Weisz giving Rebecca ship until she is a grown up.

Also, does Rebecca look younger than Lucy from Fairy Tail? I heard people say this but they look the same to me age wise
based on Heros, they look around the same.

Darkus

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Canada
maybe but based on timeline, 16/17 is more likely (at least for Shiki) but I think 18 is possible cause I don't see old Weisz giving Rebecca ship until she is a grown up.

based on Heros, they look around the same.
I saw some people say Rebecca looks younger

CrZFullb

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I'll give Shiki 16/17.

I'll give Shiki 16/17.

That could be right. What is "bothering" me is that Elsie was with Ziggy and the others 10 years ago, and it was just for a few weeks.
She said Shiki was just a baby at that time.

Shiki could be a "baby" until 4 or 5 years at max. That said, now he would be around 15.

Something isn't right in this..
Hope isn't a plothole. Going by how Mashima is dealing with EZ, I think it's not. It's just that for now it's strange. I've looked the chapters again, and it seems exactly what I understand.

Maybe in the RAWs I can understand better. Could be something about translation too.

Edit*
Yeah.. The japanese RAW says the same. "Juusunen" (Ten long years).

Last edited:

Jean Grey

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
That could be right. What is "bothering" me is that Elsie was with Ziggy and the others 10 years ago, and it was just for a few weeks.
She said Shiki was just a baby at that time.

Shiki could be a "baby" until 4 or 5 years at max. That said, now he would be around 15.

Something isn't right in this..
Hope isn't a plothole. Going by how Mashima is dealing with EZ, I think it's not. It's just that for now it's strange. I've looked the chapters again, and it seems exactly what I understand.

Maybe in the RAWs I can understand better. Could be something about translation too.
technically, Elsie never said when she met them, only that she met Shiki 10 years after she was alone on EZ ship.

however, the 10 year thing would go along with Chapter 1

Which doesn't make sense since Ziggy left for Granbell when he released the Shining Stars and Elsie while Shiki was still a baby

Hermit met with humans 15 years ago

so technically it's a plot hole unless baby Shiki is 5 years old which doesn't makes sense as you can see.

my guess is that bots on Granbell said 10 years ago as in approximately rather than a fact but it didn't really sound like that.

Last edited:

CrZFullb

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
technically, Elsie never said when she met them, only that she met Shiki 10 years after she was alone on EZ ship.

however, the 10 year thing would go along with Chapter 1

Which doesn't make sense since Ziggy left for Granbell when he released the Shining Stars and Elsie while Shiki was still a baby

Hermit met with humans 15 years ago

so technically it's a plot hole unless baby Shiki is 5 years old which doesn't makes sense as you can see.

my guess is that bots on Granbell said 10 years ago as in approximately rather than a fact but it didn't really sound like that.
Yeah, that's it. It seems like a plothole.