Does Resizing Make My Edit/Cleans Not HQ?? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Does Resizing Make My Edit/Cleans Not HQ??

BlackSword

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Vato Loco!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yes it does, but it's not because you're re-sizing, it's the way you're re-sizing. You should always re-size a page by height. If you want to specifically have 800px with then you should un-check the constrain proportions this way height isn't affected as well. Generally it's a good idea to have an even height; with 1200 and 1100 being the most common.

Since it seems that you're using tank raws it'll be less noticeable to a less experienced cleaner, but if you compare the patterns of the original grays to the ones on the finished page you'll notice that there are spots where the pattern's been smudged. This happens any time a page is re-sized, rotated, or moved in any way. It's not really preventable but you want to lose as little pattern as you can so you have to take care and notice any proportional change to any page.

BlackSword

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States
Ok, thanks alot ^^

Silver_Sea

Translator
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Hi, I'm also a beginner Manga Editor, and I tested out your method.

You should always re-size a page by height.
And I agree that resizing by height DOES make a small but perceptible difference, lol...why, though, wth?!?

If you want to specifically have 800px with then you should un-check the constrain proportions this way height isn't affected as well.
Um... that's not really possible cuz when I did that, the height did not change so I ended up with an elongated page...:sweat.

Thanks for helping me. I appreciate it~ :)

Last edited:

Vato Loco!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi, I'm also a beginner Manga Editor, and I tested out your method.

And I agree that resizing by height DOES make a small but perceptible difference, lol...why, though, wth?!?

Um... that's not really possible cuz when I did that, the height did not change so I ended up with an elongated page...:sweat.

Thanks for helping me. I appreciate it~ :)
1. To tell you the truth I can't explain it either. It's just something that I've noticed while re-sizing stuff with photoshop. But it is better to re-size by height, especially concerning patterns.

2. Un-checking that box really only serves a good purpose if you want your pages to be a certain width and height. For instance, TMI will be releasing some stuff in the future and we want the pages to stay 769x1200. But after rotating and cropping it's impossible to get them back to that size without un-checking the constrain proportions box. In your case, if you want to have the width be 800 you'd have to un-check constrain proportions in order to keep the page height at 1200px.

Silver_Sea

Translator
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
1. To tell you the truth I can't explain it either. It's just something that I've noticed while re-sizing stuff with photoshop. But it is better to re-size by height, especially concerning patterns.
Hehe, I guess the most important thing is that it works,lol. Thanks for sharing.

2. Un-checking that box really only serves a good purpose if you want your pages to be a certain width and height.
Ahh... I understand completely what you mean now. Cool! Thanks. :)