1. The new season of the Anime League is here! Tell us which new Anime of this season you liked the most so far!
  2. The Waifu Wars 2017 are over. Time for applause!
  3. This web comic needs more readers. So what are you waiting for? Read :D.
  4. Congratulations Jammin & Purity of Magi for winning the Manhwa Freestyle contest!, and well done to the other participants!.

New Week, New Contest!
    Time to get coloring! The theme is Pets Coloring.

Voting has begun for the Flower Banner contest!.
  5. The very first Manga Wars have begun! Nominate your Manga now!
  6. Starting from mid-February or so we'll be going through the media gallery and sorting through the submissions there to ensure they match with our recent changes listed in the Media Gallery Guide.
    As such some media files will be removed, so please be sure to look through your media and ensure it is up to requirements If you have any questions, contact a global/admin.
In case you've missed it, Mangahelpers is recruiting new Moderators/News Writers. If you're interested, please read HERE for more information.
Though artists in particular, everyone please do check out the [MEDIA GUIDE] , as there are information relevant for you all. Thanks!

Shounen Douluo Dalu (Soul Land) By Tang Jia San Shao & Mu Feng Chun

Discussion in 'Manhua' started by Jammin, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Jammin

Jammin MH's Best Reviewer

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted

Mangahelper

United States
    Douluo Dalu (aka Soul Land)

[​IMG]

Genre: Action, Adventure, Shounen
    Author: Tang Jia San Shao
    Artist: Mu Feng Chun
    Description: Tang Sect, the most famous martial arts sect of all. By stealing its most secret teachings to fulfill his dreams, Tang San committed an unforgivable crime. With his ambition attained, he hands his legacy to the sect and throws himself from the fearsome “Hell’s Peak.”

But he could have never imagined that this would take him to another world, one without magic, martial arts, and grudges. A land where only the mystical souls of battle lay.

The continent of Douro.

How will Tang San survive in this unknown environment? With a new road to follow, a new legend begins…

[Taken from Baka-Updates]

My thoughts: Solid and entertaining action adventure shounen with a sense of humor. The spirit based power system works well and the characters are pretty good overall.

It doesn't quite do enough with the the main character being reincarnated, leaving that aspect feeling like something of a dead end, but even with that this is a really good series for those looking for a solid shounen action adventure bordering on battlemanga.

scav likes this.
  2. scav

scav MH's Most Passionate Member

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member

The Wall
    definitely a must read, started reading the novel a while ago ( the chapters that were translated), i enjoyed the novel lot more than the manhua but the manhua remain epic. my favorite manhua after BTTH

3. Impossibility

Impossibility MH Senpai

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity

Bahamas
    I've been reading this for a while. It started off pretty well, then at some point it had some rather annoying pacing issues with a time-skip. At times it isn't particularly clear, although that might just be some translation issues. Overall, it's been a pretty entertaining read so far.

4. Jammin

Mangahelper

United States
    It transitioned from a protagonist focused series into more of an ensemble thing that's always a bit of an awkward transition. That being said though I feel like Soul Land's cast managed it better than most.

They are a bunch of genuinely interesting characters, so that's enough to keep me onboard.

5. scav

The Wall
    they rushed and pampered lot of thing, adding couple of filer in the mix from the novel to the manhua past a certain point. i got frustrated with the manhua because of it, they've been trying to add childish-like comedy everywhere ( like fatty and his pheonix like transformation that's not even in the novel) while in the novel the tone of the story is really more serious and intense.

6. Impossibility

Impossibility MH Senpai

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity

Bahamas
    It's taken a few months, but we have a couple more chapters. They are a definitely a step in the right direction, everything's been a bit underwhelming since the timeskip.

7. Tweezers

Tweezers Registered User

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner

United States
    Loved this! I started reading it back when it was being updated rapidly, which made me a even bigger fan. However, I did not like how it suddenly dropped off and reappeared with a second season type thing, with a new main character that resembles our original lead. I may just be way out of date, or missed some chapters but if not, what happened? I haven't read the original web story but from what I heard, the second season manhua is way down the road from where the first season left off. I'm so confused. This was a big reason why I turned to Dou Po Cang Qiong instead. Honestly, I only read one chapter of Douluo Dalu 2 and stopped. It just sort of pissed me off. Maybe one day I will read the second season, I still have hope the continuation of the first series will be converted to Manhua as a complete story.

8. scav

The Wall
    Duolo Dalu 1 and Duolo Dalu 2 aren't the same. there is also a DD 3. each are from 3 different novels and 3 different storyline, its just that the manhua for DD1 and DD2 are being released at the same time. DD1 is being translated slowly, and DD2 is a different manhua thus you're making a mistake by thinking DD2 is the continuation of DD1. that being said the manhua doesn't make justice to the epicness of the novel. you can read the novel that's translated at a faster pace https://bluesilvertranslations.wordpress.com/chapter-list/ than the manhua. if you want spoilers of the whole story, check the timeline doc in that folder https://drive.google.com/folderview...ive_web&tid=0B7PIRwu9hTEFODllMFFRemljMGc#list

Jammin likes this.
  9. Jammin

Mangahelper

United States
    I did not know that. Pretty confusing way to title the series.

Wonder why they decided to do that?

10. alisdfd

alisdfd Registered User

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

England
  11. Jammin

Mangahelper

United States
    Not about the manhua per say but if your looking for more of that story than was serialized in the chapters you can find that in the source material. Which is the Chinese Webnovel the comic is adapted from.

Which you can find an English translation of here.
    http://www.novelupdates.com/series/douluo-dalu/

Hope that helps.:^_^