Chapter Dr. Stone Chapter 225 Spoilers & Discussion

Demonspeed

The Blessed User of Dragon Pokémon
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Dr. Stone.

Posting Rules
  • Spoiler threads may be locked until confirmed spoilers are available.
  • Anyone who has found spoilers may PM a Local Moderator for that forum or a Global Moderator/Administrator to unlock the Spoiler Pics & Summaries thread.
  • When posting spoilers, please include said spoiler, link to the source and credit them whenever possible(see Formatting Spoilers below); we understand that some spoilers may be posted anonymously.

24 Hour Spoiler Rule
  • MangaHelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters outside of chapter threads. This blockade ends 24 hours after an english Edited Manga is publicly released.
  • With consideration for your fellow members, posting discussion regarding a recently released chapter must be kept within [SPOILER][/SPOILER] tags until 24 hours have passed after the chapter's release.
  • Please also be considerate when creating discussion threads during this spoiler time. We ask that any posts made within this period be spoiler tagged and that the thread title not be a dead give away to chapter events. The staff team will adjust these threads if and when needed.
  • For series with no forum, [SPOILER][/SPOILER] tags must be used while the 24 hour rule is enforced.
  • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
  • Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters on the forum.
  • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released. We've eased up on the rule to allow discussion within spoiler tags, but please be adhere to these. Failure to do so may result in the removal of your post.

Spoiler Pics and Translations
  • Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries. Check the thread before posting. Redundant posts will be removed.
  • Please keep in mind that some members have a slow connection or on mobile quota, so if there're several large images, enclose them in spoiler tags for faster rendering of the page.
  • Videos are not a valid form of chapter/ spoilers, please avoid posting those.
  • Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.
  • Under no circumstance is it acceptable to post or link to full chapters of official scans (Viz, Kondasha, etc) on the forum.

Formatting SpoilersWe ask that proper format is followed, to provide the maximum amount of information and best reading experience. Ensure you are always providing a link to the source for your spoilers, as well as crediting the original poster where possible.

Example One ( Spoiler Pics):

Source:
Mangahelpers
Credits: Ohana

Example Two (Spoiler Text):

Source:
Mangahelpers
Credits: Ohana

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque pretium nunc et ante condimentum eget fermentum velit posuere.
Proin sollicitudin mollis augue sed semper.
Aenean eget lectus eget risus laoreet convallis id non massa. Cras non urna vitae neque imperdiet rhoncus.
Quisque luctus felis ultricies eros mollis pulvinar.

In the case of series that do not have sub-forum please follow the same format, adding [SPOILER][/SPOILER] tags:

Source: Mangahelpers
Credit: Ohana

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Cote DIvoire
Medusa seems to have fried some of the circuits on the rocket?
Ryusui heads up there (?)- This bit is hard to tell. Otherwise they'd lose the third bit of the docked rocket.

Buulord

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Very little margin for error in space. Definitely reminiscent of the Apollo program. Im curious that the Medusa was able to ness with the circuit's like that, it’s the first time we’ve seen that to my knowledge.

Midak

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
To me Ryusui's outfit seems a clear homage to another space pirate: Captain Harlock.

Waiting for the translation to understand more.

im.me

Reaction score
Country
United States
I didn't know they had to rockets, or how did Ryusui got to space?

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Cote DIvoire
Hmm, that's interesting.
Basically, a strand of hair from Yo was in the rocket, so when they petrified the gang before heading to orbit, the hair got petrified as well. Then it caused the electrical signals to short circuit.
That means that anything that contains DNA in it can get petrified, right? Be it hair, nails etc. It doesn't have to be attached to the body necessarily to turn to stone.
Plants and animals contain DNA (Correct me if I am wrong about this). Since we saw that swallows were petrified at the start of the series, a malicious person can basically petrify every other living thing on the planet, other than humans. Like, turn all the animals and plants to stone. You'd effectively starve out the entire globe, and drive them to the point of extinction.
That device has so many uses it's pretty incredible. I really wonder what the initial purpose of creating it was for.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
So like, they could just send a 4th person regardless? Even unknowingly? That's kinda nuts.

Midak

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Hmm, that's interesting.
Basically, a strand of hair from Yo was in the rocket, so when they petrified the gang before heading to orbit, the hair got petrified as well. Then it caused the electrical signals to short circuit.
That means that anything that contains DNA in it can get petrified, right? Be it hair, nails etc. It doesn't have to be attached to the body necessarily to turn to stone.
Plants and animals contain DNA (Correct me if I am wrong about this). Since we saw that swallows were petrified at the start of the series, a malicious person can basically petrify every other living thing on the planet, other than humans. Like, turn all the animals and plants to stone. You'd effectively starve out the entire globe, and drive them to the point of extinction.
That device has so many uses it's pretty incredible. I really wonder what the initial purpose of creating it was for.
DNA is a very good idea, since it seems its working principle is selective. I guess it needs to be programmed to decide which species, even though it could also be that in principle, without a programmed restriction, it could work on anything.

I knew Ryusui was not going to remain a secondary character in the arc.

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Cote DIvoire
DNA is a very good idea, since it seems its working principle is selective. I guess it needs to be programmed to decide which species, even though it could also be that in principle, without a programmed restriction, it could work on anything.
Yes, I actually used to wonder whether they would find a way of including the device in modern medicine by the end of the manga? But maybe its too powerful for that to happen. So the logical conclusion is that the story will end with the petri device being destroyed/eliminated from history.

I knew Ryusui was not going to remain a secondary character in the arc.
I expected a second moon crew to be sent later on in the arc, which would have Ryusui and Chrome in it (I think it would be waste if he doesn't land on the moon at least once this arc). But I didn't expect him to be sent in this early :XD

So like, they could just send a 4th person regardless? Even unknowingly? That's kinda nuts.
From the translated chapter, it seems like Senku is saying that they won't be able to fix the capacitor (?) without any supplies in space. So either Ryusui came with some equipment they can use to fix the first pod, or the last two will also be manually piloted by other people.
More people in space means they will use up more oxygen though :hmm Doesn't seem like a smart idea.

Seraph

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Finland
What the fu-...so Ryusui joined anyways? Despite his emotional tear up moment before? Despite choosing Stanley over himself? Well, as much as i like the guy i kind of dislike this development. I wanted him to stay on earth and unravel whoever triggered the Medusa before while Senku and Co. take on Why-man.

But oh well, what can you do about it? Right, nothing. Guess he'll make this even more interesting eventually depending on what his role will be from here on.
He made a hilarious entrance though.

I liked the amount of teamwork and decent interaction with Stanley, he really does a swell job as their pilot and bodyguard, i'm impressed. Even fist bumped Kohaku, cool guy move? check!.

Let's see where this goes next...:grumble

Sanity Check

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I didn't know they had to rockets, or how did Ryusui got to space?

Making a single large rocket capable of making a round trip to the moon and back was unfeasible with their existing technology.

They took a divide and conquer approach by breaking the large rocket up into multiple stages and launching them independently with the intent to reassemble the different stages in orbit.

Rather than using a small rocket which would only be capable of a 1 way trip to the moon.

Ryusui was hiding in one of the rocket stages as a stowaway.

Kind of like those people who hide in the wheel wells of passenger jets.

Hrathgrath

Reaction score
Country
United States
How long until they find the bad ass space station already up there, do you think? 🤓
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Making a single large rocket capable of making a round trip to the moon and back was unfeasible with their existing technology.

They took a divide and conquer approach by breaking the large rocket up into multiple stages and launching them independently with the intent to reassemble the different stages in orbit.

Rather than using a small rocket which would only be capable of a 1 way trip to the moon.

Ryusui was hiding in one of the rocket stages as a stowaway.

Kind of like those people who hide in the wheel wells of passenger jets.
My knowledge of rocket science is extremely limited, but wouldn’t Ryusui’s weight throw off a LOT of flight calculations? Or was it implied that Xeno knew he was in there, and planned for it?
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Ryuusui the GOAT
He’d be the guy in One Piece that figured out a way to have EVERY devil fruit ability 🤪

*you see a monstrously large multicolored Akira-esque monster flowing across the ocean* “Ryuuusuuuuuii is thee greaaaateesstt EVEEAHHH!!”

Sanity Check

Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
o

My knowledge of rocket science is extremely limited, but wouldn’t Ryusui’s weight throw off a LOT of flight calculations? Or was it implied that Xeno knew he was in there, and planned for it?

Ryusui's unplanned arrival shouldn't make a difference.

Spacecraft are built with redundancy in mind and systems are designed to fulfill mission requirements even operating at sub optimal efficiency.

Space X rockets have 9 engines.

Theoretically it can still reach orbit if 3 engines fail.

Life support and other systems likely overproduce oxygen and CO2 scrubbing. They would likely have redundancies and safeguards built in so they could fulfill mission requirements even operating at 50% efficiency.