1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Want to read legit manga from Mangahelpers?! Get in here!
  3. The new season of the Anime League is here! Tell us which new Anime of this season you liked the most so far!
  4. Submissions for Retro Banner Contest has begun. Bring back your old memories!

Voting has begun for the Magic Short Story Contest. Pick your favorite piece!

Congratulations to Valhalla777 for winning the Landmark Photography Art Contest !
  5. Starting from mid-February or so we'll be going through the media gallery and sorting through the submissions there to ensure they match with our recent changes listed in the Media Gallery Guide.
    As such some media files will be removed, so please be sure to look through your media and ensure it is up to requirements If you have any questions, contact a global/admin.
Though artists in particular, everyone please do check out the [MEDIA GUIDE] , as there are information relevant for you all. Thanks!

Chapter Dr. Stone Chapter 58 Discussion/59 Predictions

Discussion in 'Dr. Stone' started by eefrit, May 11, 2018.

1. eefrit

eefrit I Ain't Gotta be Nothin' for You, but Me

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity

Mangahelper

United States
    This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Dr. Stone.

Posting Rules
    • Spoiler threads may be locked until confirmed spoilers are available.
    • Anyone who has found spoilers may PM a Local Moderator for that forum or a Global Moderator/Administrator to unlock the Spoiler Pics & Summaries thread.
    • When posting spoilers, please include said spoiler, link to the source and credit them whenever possible(see Formatting Spoilers below); we understand that some spoilers may be posted anonymously.

24 Hour Spoiler Rule
    • MangaHelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters outside of chapter threads. This blockade ends 24 hours after an english scanlation is publicly released.
    • With consideration for your fellow members, posting discussion regarding a recently released chapter must be kept within [SPOILER][/SPOILER] tags until 24 hours have passed after the chapter's release.
    • Please also be considerate when creating discussion threads during this spoiler time. We ask that any posts made within this period be spoiler tagged and that the thread title not be a dead give away to chapter events. The staff team will adjust these threads if and when needed.
    • For series with no forum, [SPOILER][/SPOILER] tags must be used while the 24 hour rule is enforced.
    • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
    • Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters on the forum.
    • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released. We've eased up on the rule to allow discussion within spoiler tags, but please be adhere to these. Failure to do so may result in the removal of your post.

Spoiler Pics and Translations
    • Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries. Check the thread before posting. Redundant posts will be removed.
    • Please keep in mind that some members have a slow connection or on mobile quota, so if there're several large images, enclose them in spoiler tags for faster rendering of the page.
    • Videos are not a valid form of chapter/ spoilers, please avoid posting those.
    • Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.
    • Under no circumstance is it acceptable to post or link to full chapters of official scans (Viz, Kondasha, etc) on the forum.

Formatting SpoilersWe ask that proper format is followed, to provide the maximum amount of information and best reading experience. Ensure you are always providing a link to the source for your spoilers, as well as crediting the original poster where possible.

Example One ( Spoiler Pics):

Source:Mangahelpers
    Credits: Ohana

[​IMG]

Example Two (Spoiler Text):

Credits: Ohana

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque pretium nunc et ante condimentum eget fermentum velit posuere.
    Proin sollicitudin mollis augue sed semper.
    Aenean eget lectus eget risus laoreet convallis id non massa. Cras non urna vitae neque imperdiet rhoncus.
    Quisque luctus felis ultricies eros mollis pulvinar.

In the case of series that do not have sub-forum please follow the same format, adding [SPOILER][/SPOILER] tags:

Credit: Ohana

[​IMG]

2. Vizard

Vizard Registered User

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

Genosha
  3. Koi Kage

Koi Kage Registered User

United States
    The chapter was okay this week. Since they have radio waves now the idea of having a walky talky is sounding better and better then the cellphone plan in my opinion. It probably take less resources to make and probably be quite abit faster to make.

4. Tatsumaki

Tatsumaki Registered User

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member

France
    Nice chapter !
    Main part is done so the pacing is good.
    I love old man Kaseki more and more with each chapter :pout

Emperor Spriggan and Demonspeed like this.
  5. kkck

kkck MH Senpai

神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike

Fire Nation
    I liked the chapter. It is kinda amazing that the village has the resources to work on senku's stuff and also everything else.

And finally a radio.... Still way short of a cell phone though. Still surprised senku hasnt focused on a gun but then again that would basically end the tsukasa arc. I still feel there are better things senku could be working on than a cell phone though. A phone is insanely useful of course but it'd be better if he tried getting the village to at least a pre industrial revolution level of advancement first. Something victorian perhaps? They already have light bulbs and stoves so perhaps they are drawing closer to that though...

Something else that stuck out to me was the implications the radio could have. Senku is going to turn it on of course... and logically he should be the only one listening in. But.... what if he isn't? What if he picks up someone else's communications?

Emperor Spriggan likes this.
  6. Koi Kage

Koi Kage Registered User

United States
    I don't much care for the "importance" of guns this series seems to have but in a situation like this it probably would be better to work on defense and offense rather then communication as the winter season is starting soon and once that starts they probably won't be able to do anything science related until the start of spring. Adding onto that we have no idea how long winter is in this world now it could last for a month or 5 months, a little over sight on the writers part not to give the readers a scope of time for this but its whatever. In my honest opinion there are better things to work on then communication currently, and even if the get communications working how the heck does Senkuu think he's going to get Taiju the god for saken phone?

7. kkck

kkck MH Senpai

Fire Nation
    Senku just invented heating which is going to keep the village all warm and fuzzy through the winter. I doubt the winter would seriously hinder him. The worst that could happen is the river freezing and his battery charger not working. Knowing senku he probably already has a few things in mind he can do in the cold anyways. On the other hand, tsukasa does not have internal heating... He will rely on fires and horny teenager friction for warmth through the winter.

Senku's phone is likely to be rather large so the plan is likely to be to hide it somewhere around tsukasa's base where taiju can go and report back to senku.

8. Demonspeed

Demonspeed Global Moderator

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member

Global Moderator

France
    Good to see everyone trying to help Senku like that. Pacing is better like this.

With the recent focus on Kaseki I have been thinking that he might die soon. And then, while reading this chapter I wondered "But he is their best craftsman, who would replace him if he were to die?" when suddenly Ginrou?(:XD) then suddenly I got to that page with Gen and Chrome's commentary. If Kaseki dies later Gen will probably replace him as craftsman.

9. Kurisubestwaifu

Kurisubestwaifu Registered User

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member

Portugal
    Quite a good chapter. It has been consistent from many chapters ago which i really like. I am surprised Senku managed to get an hold of all the materials he has needed so far, but i am supposing there will be a time where they face some serious hardships to get some of it (yeah i know they have faced once with the "lake" where he needed to create the gas mask).
    Loved the moment with old man Kaseki, so priceless. It's cool to see everyone helping out, and everytime they are acquiring more and more autonomy

10. Emperor Spriggan

Emperor Spriggan Registered User

Kenya
    The chapter was LIT :hee Glad to see more progress on the cellphone making, my bet is that the device will be complete by Chapter 60, after which we'll kick off into a new arc, which will be the Ice Age (Winter arc). I'm a little worried about one thing though :hmm We've seen Tsukasa's camp preparing for winter, but in Senkuu's camp, all the villagers are being involved in the cellphone making process. Meaning no one is being assigned to winter duty? Like gathering supplies or stuff like that? :blink Unless they gathered stock beforehand, which I guess would be possible.
    Kaseki though :hip Continues to prove why he's the MVP of the current mini arc, this panel here is just glorious:
    [​IMG]
    I just hope all this focus on Kaseki doesn't mean he's really been set up for a death soon :?bunny His death would really cripple the village's scientific progress since there's no one else like him in the village. Unless Gen really does become his apprentice? Which would be a....weird development, I just cant see him as anything other than Senkuu's right hand man plus the straight man of the series :XD

11. kkck

kkck MH Senpai

Fire Nation
    I've been wondering about how much they rely on kaseki.... His age is a really troubling situation and it doesn't seem like there is anyone in the village who is up for taking his mantle.

12. Emperor Spriggan

Emperor Spriggan Registered User

Kenya
    This is what makes me think with all the focus on Kaseki, he's being set up for death soon. In the upcoming war with Tsukasa I'm expecting at least one of the villagers to die, and it obviously isn't Gen. Homura is as good as defected, so we know Senkuu's camp will at least suffer one loss. Preferrably a death so that the impact will be felt more. The perfect character to bite the dust would be Kaseki.