E3 2006 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

E3 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hermie

vs. The World.
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Norway
Alright, the annual E3 (Electronic Entertainment Expo) has started, and your friendly neighborhood Hermie is here to bring you the latest news!

First up: Sony's giant press conference.

For the most part, it was unveiling of different games for the PS3, including a ninja game that caught my eye

Then, it is unveiled that it will cost a whopping 499$ for 20GB version and 599 for 60GB!

Next, the most shocking event of them all.

The controller features motion sensoring, Wii style.

Read a summary of the press conference here

njt

Last Boss ♪~( ̄。 ̄)
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Japan
Hermie said:
Then, it is unveiled that it will cost a whopping 499$ for 20GB version and 599 for 60GB!
That's not all :p (taken from joystiq)
if you choose not to upgrade...

* You lose 40GB (20GB base vs. 60GB)
* You lose HDMI output
* You lose MemoryStick / SD / CompactFlash slots
* You lose 802.11 b/g wireless

But yeah :) I like the "yugiou" style card game thingy as well as how the controller is motion sensored. The new FF has caught my eye as well.... but other than that not really that interesting :p. I'm looking forward to the wii though...

Hermie

vs. The World.
Reaction score
Country
Norway
Final Fantasy XIII!

Final Fantasy XIII isn't actually one game, but three! The main game on the PS3, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, also on PS3, developed by the Kingdom Hearts team, and Final Fantasy XIII Agito for mobile phones.

First impressions

Screenshots

The trailer shown at E3

njt

Last Boss ♪~( ̄。 ̄)
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Japan
Hermie said:
Final Fantasy XIII!

Final Fantasy XIII isn't actually one game, but three! The main game on the PS3, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, also on PS3, developed by the Kingdom Hearts team, and Final Fantasy XIII Agito for mobile phones.

First impressions

Screenshots

The trailer shown at E3
I can't wait!!! It looks MUCH funner than FFXII... and that game has already taken 100 hours of my life... :p

destinator

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany
well i never expected that sony would copy nintendo this fast....its a little bit sad i can hear all the sony fanboys already "sony is so genius they made a motion sensetive controller"...eh look out for the the warhawk trailer if you want to see then motion sensoring of a ps3 trailer...

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?type=mov&id=10420 its under the ff13 trailer

destinator

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
heavenly swords reminds me a lot of god of war but with less blood and a female hero xD

Snake1786

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Austria
Man Metal Gear Solid 4 is the best of them all.

Hermie

vs. The World.
Reaction score
Country
Norway
Nintendo's press conference has started, updates will come as soon as they reach me. ;) (even though I should be studying for my math test)

Galth

Puella Magi
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
destinator said:
"sony is so genius they made a motion sensetive controller"
Couldn't they wait until Nintendo's "oh so brilliant" innovation had at least passed the "play three hours without stop without tiring your arm" test? I wonder if this "future of gaming" will prove to be entertaining enough... ( on this aspect that is ).

Hermie

vs. The World.
Reaction score
Country
Norway
"As for date and price, we think its best to keep those details quiet a little longer. You will play Wii in the fourth quarter of 2006."[br]Posted at: May 10, 2006, 12:48:30 AM_________________________________________________Twilight Princess--"It is by far the best Zelda game we have ever made, also the most beautiful." Zelda will launch alongside Wii. First look coming right now. Nate and Bill from NOA going to play Zelda on the Wii. Movement on Nunchuk. Weapons, items are mapped to d-pad on remote.
[br]Posted at: May 10, 2006, 12:53:54 AM_________________________________________________ When you shoot an arrow, you'll hear the bowstring twang at your ear from the speaker in the remote. Other developers also have a lot of ideas for how to use this speaker. There's a built-in rumble feature. Sony gave this up for their six-axis motion detection.

[note]it was announced a little while ago that the 'mote will have a speaker for gun shots, whip cracks, and such effects.[br]Posted at: May 10, 2006, 12:57:01 AM_________________________________________________Link's iron boots return too, this time used in combination with magnets. They show Link using the iron boots and a magnetic ceiling to travel around a room.

Galth

Puella Magi
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
As for the PS3's new motion-sensitive controller? "We tried that five or six years ago with the Freestyle Pro," he said. "It worked well for a few games, but it wasn't a general purpose controller. It seems as though they were taking a page from Nintendo's book [in reference to the Wii's controller], but Nintendo is more innovative."
Thanks for the compliment, mr microsoft representative ^^, you are very right
( though that first part is exactly the point where i am not that happy about the Wiiiiiiiiiiiiii's controller... )

Hermie

vs. The World.
Reaction score
Country
Norway
"But can the system truly be new if all the names are the same? That's why we're working on new franchises," he says. ExciteTruck, Project H.A.M.M.E.R. (a beat-'em up), and Disaster, which looks like an action game. [looks like Nintendo is taking the turn towards more bad-ass][br]Posted at: May 10, 2006, 01:06:44 AM_________________________________________________Announced games for DS:

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Blue Team Rscue and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red Rescue Team.

Star Fox DS!

Yoshi's Island.

Big Brain Academy

Mario vs. DK: March of the Minis

Diddy Kong Racing.

TONY Hawk's Downhill Jam for DS. Has chat ofe Voice-over-IP in gameplay.

Zelda Phantom Hourglass. Picks up where Wind Waker left off. Use DS stylus to direct sailing and even the path of your boomerang.[br]Posted at: May 10, 2006, 01:19:46 AM_________________________________________________The Wii will feature it's own version of the Opera browser.[br]Posted at: May 10, 2006, 01:24:03 AM_________________________________________________Now he's talking about something called WiiConnect24. The console can be connected 24/7, allowing developers to push content to consoles even "while you are sleeping." Networking software is included in the hardware.[br]Posted at: May 10, 2006, 01:26:12 AM_________________________________________________Wii Sports -- Includs tennis, baseball and golf in one package. Will be available on launch day.[br]Posted at: May 10, 2006, 01:27:49 AM_________________________________________________Conference over.

Note that there will be no more than 27 playable Wii games on E3 tomorrow, so look forward to news on that.[br]Posted at: May 10, 2006, 01:42:37 AM_________________________________________________And here's the official trailer of Red Steel[br]Posted at: May 10, 2006, 01:47:03 AM_________________________________________________Microsoft press conference started[br]Posted at: May 10, 2006, 02:36:50 AM_________________________________________________New XBOX LIVE games:

Contra
Frogger
Pac-Man
Sonic
Time Pilot from Konomi
Ultimate Mortal Kombat
Rootbeer Tapper

Moore also announced that Lumines Live is coming to Xbox Live in a deal that includes Warner Brothers to bring live music videos behind the action. The example they showed was Madonna singing in the background.

Next-Gen games displayed included:

Lost Planet
Table Tennis
Mass Effect
NHL 2K7
F.E.A.R.
Too Human
Viva Pinata
Moto GP 06
Battle for Middle Earth 2
Sonic Next-Gen
Madden
World Series Poker
Saint's Row
Smackdown[br]Posted at: May 10, 2006, 03:02:11 AM_________________________________________________Gotta run, more updates later. ;)

destinator

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Battle for Middle Earth 2 ? is there a keyboard/mouse for xbox ?

Galth

Puella Magi
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
destinator said:
Battle for Middle Earth 2 ? is there a keyboard/mouse for xbox ?
Why would you need a keyboard/mouse for RTS games? Other consoles never had any problem with using only a controller... :)

Hermie said:
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Blue Team Rscue and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red Rescue Team.

Star Fox DS!

Yoshi's Island.

Big Brain Academy

Mario vs. DK: March of the Minis

Diddy Kong Racing.

TONY Hawk's Downhill Jam for DS. Has chat ofe Voice-over-IP in gameplay.

Zelda Phantom Hourglass. Picks up where Wind Waker left off. Use DS stylus to direct sailing and even the path of your boomerang.
Of which most were announced a long time ago ^^[br]Posted at: May 09, 2006, 09:14:55 PM_________________________________________________Small correction, i believe the game was Yoshi's Island 2... but i could be mistaken ( i've watched a part of the conference )

RED STEEL looks just AWESOME... and i must admit the Wii tennis game looked quite nice, even though i was a bit skeptical at first. I wonder if people have enough space to multiplayer though... ( without breaking things in their livingroom )

destinator

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
well rts with controller is jsut a no no :) :P

NRZero

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Damn E3 makes my choice of next gen even harder. I must admit that I wanted a Revolution, then Nintendo went and gave it a "unique" (stupid) name which didn't sit too well at first. But now i'm like f-it its just a name. Metal Gear Solid 4 is looking good to me also. I just don't want spend $400-500 on a game system at the moment when I have to pay for tuition for school.

Galth

Puella Magi
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Rumour has it Nintendo plans to release the Wii for a mere 200 euro/dolllar :o That would be awesome, miracles DO happen... Anyway, the Wii will be most likely be less expensive then the PS3.

Zelda: Twilight Princess will be released on the same day as the Wii... Damnit, now i have to spend money on a console and two games all in a single day... urgh... i don't have that kind of money...

WiiSports ( new console using baseball/tennis/another sport game ) will be released as a launchgame too...[br]Posted at: May 09, 2006, 10:06:36 PM_________________________________________________EDIT: It was golf

Saiga no Ueki

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Well, they are also releasing Zelda: Twilight Princess on the Gamecube (on Wii release day). So, for those of you who already have the Gamecube, you don't need to buy a new system just to play this game.

I'm also looking forward to Super Mario Galaxy. It looked so cool~

Hermie

vs. The World.
Reaction score
Country
Norway
Highlights from Microsoft conference:

Xbox 360 Camera, Xbox Vision, announced.

An odd game about collection and breeding.... Piñatas?

Grand Theft Auto IV! it will feature episodic content, downloaded via Live.

Halo 3!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.