1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Want to try an epicly kawaii RPG? Check this out!
  3. The new season of the Anime League is here! Tell us which new Anime of this season you liked the most so far!
  4. Submissions for Adventure Coloring Contest has begun. Time to show off your coloring skills!

Voting has begun for the Retro Banner Contest. Pick your favorite piece!

Congratulations to riki for winning the Magic Short Story Contest !
  5. World Cup 2018 has begun. Come discuss everything about the tournament HERE!
  6. Coming Soon...
  7. Dear members of the Fairy Tail section, please keep in mind that according to our rules spamming as well as bashing are forbidden. Violation will be dealt with accordingly.
  8. Want to read legit manga from Mangahelpers?! Get in here!

Discussion Earth Land Mages-ULTIMATE MAGIC RANKING (FINALE)

Discussion in 'Fairy Tail' started by Emperor Spriggan, Jan 12, 2018.

?

Favorite rating so far?

1. Spriggan 12

39.3%
  2. Ishgar

7.1%
  3. Dark Mages

7.1%
  4. Earthland Mages

53.6%
  5. Fights/Battle

25.0%
  6. Shipping

3.6%
  7. Magic

25.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Crescent Jinx

Crescent Jinx Registered User

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

Kingdom of Fiore
    It’s still in. I can promise you that if you saw the post, you would remember it.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 12, 2018, Original Post Date: Feb 12, 2018 ---
    Cuz @MLG Bradman likes the paralysis, but I find roar/bellow/rage breath attacks to be redundant and overused. Star Wars fan tho.... :derp
    [​IMG]

And really I said Red lightning was the worst spell
    :celebrate

Seven777, Ebony Maw and Tirl like this.
  2. Ebony Maw

Ebony Maw Registered User

Sunspear
    That, plus you can't really do an in-depth look at his magic since... well, he's resistant to all magic and has no named spells bar Eternal Flare. He's just too broken, so broken you can't analyse his powers properly IMO.
    "MLG Bradman"

Can't kill someone if they're already dead.
    [​IMG]
    Like Jinx said, paralysis is a favourite of mine. Too bad Hiro never used it in the later arcs...

Tirl and Crescent Jinx like this.
  3. Tirl

Tirl Registered User

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member

Russian Federation
    No doubt, it is the shitest thing in the vers :teach:celebrate

Elusia, Crescent Jinx and Ebony Maw like this.
  4. DiMaria Yesta

DiMaria Yesta Semi-hiatus

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity

Mangahelper

Indonesia
    Oh wow oh wow this is such a plot twist lol. I thought it would be top 5 or top 3

Seven777, Jko, Ebony Maw and 2 others like this.
  5. Cat Sidhe26

Cat Sidhe26 Registered User

United States
    Now now lets not start a shit storm over the Red Lightning because at this point it's getting old just to keep getting salty about it.
    Well I'm actually happy Dragon Slayer Magic is out since it doesn't need to go any farther in this ranking, it should have been out along time ago.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
    Miralicious akuma and Tirl like this.
  6. Jko

Jko Registered User

United States
    What the actual F is this?

DS magic consisted of several Slayers and I don't get why Acno and Irene were even excluded from it since they are DS as well. You can't pick and choose DS magic which is why included all of them in my vote.

Anyhow this is the only magic in the series that can pierce a Dragon Scales. It's the only slayer magic that had the need and purpose throughout the story. You can take a God down without GS Magic, and you can take out a Demon without DeS Magic, but you needed Dragon Slaying Magic to actually beat a Dragon.

Dragons were an unstoppable and unbeatable force for mankind to try and beat. Mankind was at the brim of extinction as they were losing the war to save humanity until one day a woman came up with an idea to help the friendly Dragons win the the war. She wanted her best friend, who was a Dragon, to enchant her with the power to slay Dragons. She, Irene Belserion, led to creation of Dragon Slaying Magic and that idea led to the strongest being in the entire Fairy Tail verse. His name was recorded in the history as the Dragon who brought upon the apocalypse. Seeing his jet black wings and his ability to destroy countries at a whim shook everyone to the core. This being was not even counted amongst a being he was a phenomenon that could not be stop. He was the sole winner of the Dragon War 400 years ago, and he made the Dragons go extinct. That Dragon Slayer turned Dragon was Acnologia who was the most badass character in the series.

Now that the awesome history of DS magic is over lets get to the modes.

Drive a mode that gives a minimal amp. It's Dragon Force lite which I thought had potential if Hiro didn't just seemingly forget about it for the rest of his manga.

Dual Mode was so fudging hype during Tenrou. I don't give a F if it was BS asspull the design of the elements combining and the executions of the dual elements was clean af. That mode was so hype every time I saw it I knew some big shit was gonna happen.

Dragon Force was the transformation of epic proportions. The ability not only gives you the characteristics of a Dragon while you stay in a humanoid form but also increases all stats by at least three times your maximum. It was the Super Saiyan transformation of Fairy Tail and it was that force that gave you chills because you know the hero is about to lay the beat down.

The spells that set them apart were a Dragon Slayers Secret Art which were their best spells. Secret Arts were a treat to always see. Crimson Lotus Phoenix Edge Blade, and Shattering Light Sky Drill were my favorite.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Combined techs like the Twins Holy Shadow Fang were awesome as well.

Fire DS had the ability to incinerate anything in its path. A super powerful magic that utilizes the depths of Fire Magic. This magic has another named which is the Flames of Emotion which uses emotions to fuel the power of his Fire Magic. This guy is basically the Hulk of the FTverse as the more emotions (typically anger) the more powerful he becomes. The Flames of Emotions you can say is the reverse of the Curse of Contradictions. Be it Magic, Nothingness, Death, or even Space-time it would be burned away by the ferocious flames. It was given a King Class Title among Dragons as well. I love the element of Fire and it even is my top 3 elements.

White DS had the ability to encompass anything that is White be it Light or Holy anything that is White will be eaten by him. He had some dazzling spells in his arsenal and unlike the roar of a regular Dragon which is focused on widespread destruction, his is a laser that focuses on piercing damage to land a lethal blow. Sting demonstrates his magic is meant for lethal and fast attacks which is what you expect of a guy with ability to use light. But he does have some cool abilities like Holy Stigmata which traps the target in paralysis. I wish we saw him use it more but you know Hiro he was forgetting practically everything everyone has done the past few arcs.

Shadow DS had the ability to manipulate and become the shadows itself. A magic that is stellar for it's maneuverability, and sneaky ability to move in and out of the world of Shadows. Though this magic unlike the other Dragon Slaying magic has a major downside and that is the magic feeds on your insecurities and doubts. Your shadow will try to take over you and tempt you into the darkness. Even Rogue who was more on the lines of nice Saber even under the rule of Jeimma was tempted throughout the series by his own shadow. The Shadow does come with a big increase in power, but is power worth losing everything of yourself? Something about using a double edge magic is always fun to think of as it makes you reflect on the choices you'd choose. This magic is pretty awesome and can be super powerful.

Sky DS is so cool as well. The ability to harness wind itself and perform miraclous feats with it. It not only has a good arsenal of offensive moves but it really shines with it support abilities. Wendy has the ability to heal and relieve fatigue by using her Sky DS magic. Her Sky DS also gives her great enchanting feats as well. She can greatly increase the stats of herself or others with her Sky enchantments. Sky DS also has the ability to fly without the use of an exceed, and it seems to be one of the more speedy type magics in the manga as well. Wendy also read air currents and sense the changes in the weather with her DS ability. Wind is my other top 3 favorite element. it has so many applications and who wouldn't want to create big tornadoes?

Sage DS was not really expanded upon but it seems to heighten magic tremendously and is very align with enchantment magic.

Magic DS is just bonkers lol. He can eat and learn any magic with this magic. It's unknown how the heck he learn this ability but dang the ability to use any type of magic is crazy.

Iron DS is boring lol. Maybe if it was Magnetic DS or Mineral DS but Iron alone is just boring.

Lightning DS; the ability to use Lightning. It could've been utilize so much more than shown and it's the last of my fave 3 element lol.

Poison just never utilize effectively either.

8 Dragon DS was pure epicness. He can utilize wind, earth, fire, and water, but somehow Mashima forgot to include his other four elements. But man it was so cool how he combining his elements. That was epic. Also I wanted to see the power of an Earth and Water Dragon since we never really got to see them.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Natsu is the only one who didn't combine with the shadows lmao.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I am just wow this magic was not included into the top 5. This is just an atrocity.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 13, 2018, Original Post Date: Feb 13, 2018 ---
    @MLG Bradman such a great post man. This is your best one yet!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  7. Crescent Jinx

Crescent Jinx Registered User

Kingdom of Fiore
    This is good post too @Jko

I never thought of this.

Well her enchantment magic is getting its own elimination plus her enchantment magic was shown more than her slaying ability. Actually it was the only thing shown unless she was the enchanting dragon. But what would you eat with that?

[​IMG]

Ebony Maw and Jko like this.
  8. Arjuna

Arjuna Registered User

九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!

India
    Wow i really though it will be in top 5 at least.But any way my personal favourite will be Acnologia's.Next Natsu,Laxus,Rogue and Sting.

Ebony Maw likes this.
  9. Jammiin

Jammiin Registered User

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner

Mexico
    It's ridiculous how celestial Spirit Magic is still in ihe game :notrust

10. Gut's is the man

Gut's is the man Registered User

United States
    especially for a magic that never really went anywhere or used to it's fullest.

11. Jko

Jko Registered User

United States
    Thank you for your kind words, Crescent. :blush:hug

She can eat nature
    [​IMG]
    :fan:fan:fan

[​IMG]

12. Ebony Maw

Ebony Maw Registered User

Sunspear
    Though I'm ok with DS magic going out at 7, I feel like labeling this as the second part of the write up, fantastic analysis! Especially in regards to Shadow DS Magic and Dual Modes.
    Thanks my man! :hi

Jko likes this.
  13. Elusia

Elusia Registered User

Philippines
    Ouch, so close to the top 5 :shakefist
    But you did well, DS, even stomping God and Devil Slaying Magic. :clap

14. Emperor Spriggan

Emperor Spriggan Registered User

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity

Kenya
    "But first, which of you can tell me how many Unforgivable Curses there are?"

"Three sir."

"And they are so named?"

1.The Imperius Curse
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2.The Cruciatus Curse
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3.The Killing Curse
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

"Together, they are known as:"
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Dark Arts
    Score-8.467

Highest Score: 12 x 1(@Emperor Spriggan) 11 x 4(@Valhalla777, @Arjuna, @Belserion, @BluePegasus)

Lowest Score: 1 x 1(@Seven777)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My 12 [​IMG] I wonder if you guys remembered this was still in the running [​IMG] Words cannot express how happy I am to see it make this far :XD I have to admit, a small part of me wanted it to make it to the top 5, but seeing it fall just a place short makes me happy since I think it's well deserved. And of course, words alone aren't enough to describe how much I love this magic ;)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My favorite aspects about this magic are easily two, and it's one of the parts about Fairy Tail I find truly outstanding.
    (a)The Etherious:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    In one of my favorite info dumps in the story titled "All for My Demise," we learn that Zeref wanted to die, so he went as far as creating living demons to kill him.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Some of these demons banded together and formed the guild we know as Tartaros,
    [​IMG]
    while a few others went about roaming freely such as Deliora and Lullaby. One of them managed to find its way back to its creator, and served under him as one of his 12 Shields, Larcade Dragneel.
    [​IMG]
    Zeref has been shown to possess absolute control over his Etherious, to the extent of being able to revert them back into books, and destroy said books just as easily as he made them. A good example of this would be Mard Geer, who he killed since he gained too much freedom.
    [​IMG]
    He was also able to summon the Book of E.N.D from Gray FullBuster's hands, reclaiming it in his possession.
    [​IMG]
    Therefore, the power to give and take away life :pleased
    [​IMG]

b)Anksheram's Curse
    [​IMG]
    This Magic is uncontrollable at times, causing it to burst out randomly, killing anything within a certain radius of the caster. However, if the user forgets the value of life, they can fully control the Magic.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This Magic cannot be learnt, but instead, true to its name as a curse, is brought upon someone by Anksherum, who may do so to a person making light of the connections between life and death.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Zeref explained to Mavis that the more regard the cursed individual holds for life then the more they will end up killing inadvertently and only when they no longer have any regards to life will they stop killing at all which led this Magic to be known as the "The Contradictory Curse." The main side effect of this curse is near-absolute immortality, with Zeref remarking that he couldn't kill Mavis and vice versa, even if their heads were separated from their bodies. Additionally, after some time of being afflicted with the curse, the person in question's mental state becomes warped to the point where even their own thoughts, feelings and actions become contradictory as well.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Dark Arts can also be applied in battle:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And have also been shown to be capable of Immobilization, a Black Art of Zeref's that allows him to freeze time for all except those he specifically chooses to remain mobile. After casting this Magic, the surrounding area and all those affected by the Magic appear inverted in color, whilst those unaffected remain as they are.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Destroying material objects:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This magic has shown to be capable of being blocked via two methods:
    a)Natsu's scarf, which is made of dragon scales
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And of course, the unconventional:

b) Defense Against the Dark Arts
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    :derp

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    Jko, Vici, Belserion and 12 others like this.
  15. Valhalla777

Valhalla777 Registered User

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member

Winterfell
    Awesome analysis, nice. :verily
    I was giving my score based on the seven DS and God Serena, since they are the ones that are fleshed out and actually showed us DS skills, unlike Irene and Acnologia (well Acno did show hax magic resistence whic is part of his DS abilities, but other than that it was pure dragon business and raw physical power, and Irene didnt show anything).
    Being a Sage dragon slayer sounds awesome but, what she can actually do with it is in the end just speculation. Since Irene didnt show anything i didnt consider her in my scoring. But her enchantments were at least on point.
    Acnologia being able to learn any magic is a bit iffy my friend, as is being able to use any type, since he showed none of that. He is able to eat and absorb any type, but as far as i understood his power output was always pure magic ( at least of what he showed us i guess, which was miniscule, mainly the roar and a hand wave). In the end im specualting too i guess, so there is that too.

Vici, Linali, Jko and 3 others like this.
  16. Arjuna

Arjuna Registered User

India
    Are you kidding me?For the first time in the ranking i am salty.

It should have been top 5 at least,and much more versatile than nearly every magic in the series.

It's sad that Hiro could not expand on it in the final fight between Natsu and Zeref.

I imagined a fight where Zeref was using all kinds of dark magics and creating Demons and END also making Demons and also using Curses.A devastating battle.Sadly Hiro didn't give it.

17. Linali

Linali Registered User

Poland
    So first five of top ten in my eyes:
    #10 Fairy Magic - Powerfull offensive spell, strong defensive spell and Fairy Law, spell that targets only the enemies of the caster - great idea and execution. It wasn't overused imo and it wasn't an always-succesful ultimate spell too. But tbh, if I knew, that Fairy Heart counts in here, I'd have given FM lower score. I still don't know what was the purpose of its existance in the story except for giving power burst and its execution was kinda lame :(

#9 Take Over - I wish I could give this magic higher score... but I had to count Lisanna, Elfman and Wolfheim in :errr Well, Elfman's maybe not so bad, he showed few Beasts Souls in the series, but Wolfheim is just more powerful version of him imo (and was rather disappointing in the end). As for Lisanna... well, the only useful form of her is probably Bird Soul, because it allows her to fly, all other forms are just useless in my eyes.

#8 Lightning Magic - So hard to be objective, because it's Laxus separate Lightning DS magic from Lightning Magic. If I had to point out my favourite spell, then it's Thunder Palace - Laxus threatened the city, was able to keep the spell active for so long and fight with Mystogan, Erza, Natsu and Gajeel in the meantime. As expected of him :hip

#7 Dragon Slaying Magic - isn't it the first magic in this rate with no 1s? :blink Magic which has the most of the users in the series I think (despite being lost magic), 9 elements (and God Serena still had 4 unknown lacrimas), each giving its user other abilities and posibilities, dual modes, DF, secret arts, permanent changes of user's body. And as I said in earlier posts, one don't need to be Demon/God Slayer to kill the demon/god, but if one's not a Dragon Slayer, they can't even scratch a dragon, so arguably the most useful Slaying Magic (yeah yeah, Erza and her rain of swords; actually I'm trying to forget about it she didn't scratch Acnologia, she just pushed him down).
    I thought DSM will be eliminated earlier, because it's the most used type of magic (how it couldn't be, if MC and secondary MC are using it), so I thought many fans might get bored of it. My favourite is White DSM, because it utilizes not only light and whiteness, but also holiness, which fits perfectly to the other two elements. I wish Hiro went into that direction and let Sting make use of this holy property of WDSM more.

#6 Dark Arts - magic, that made Zeref a legend, not in the positive mean, but still a legend. It would be nice, if Hiro portrayed Zeref more like a villain and less like a victim of the terrible curse, because moments, when he uses his magic intentionally, are simply cool. And bit terrifying too :zomg

18. Nemispelled

Nemispelled Registered User

United States

This is gonna be a fairly late reply, but anyways, I can actually understand why Mard Geer wouldn't have a problem keeping a demon slayer like Silver among their ranks.

I don't think it was simply because of "plot" or "Mashima" or anything of that sort.

First of all, the obvious reason for keeping Silver would be that he was an extremely powerful wizard and probably one of the strongest 9 DG. Not to mention, his DeS magic would be very useful against any demon that opposes Tartaros in the future (imagine Larcade or Bloodman challenging them).

Mard Geer was likely aware of that advantage, so he saw no reason to discard a useful "tool" like that.

Second, Mard Geer was probably certain that Keyes had complete control over Silver. After all, Keyes was Silver's creator and could have "killed" Silver at any given moment.

And in the unlikely event that Keyes would betray Tartaros, Mard Geer always had the option of killing Keyes himself, disintegrating Silver in the process.

With that said, there was a big miscalculation on Mard Geer's part. What he failed to anticipate was that Silver could transfer his magic to another ice wizard - Gray, for example.

That ended up being Mard Geer's downfall, because even if Keyes and Silver both died, there was no way of defeating Gray indirectly...

Which meant that Mard Geer would be forced to kill Gray directly in combat, which he failed to do obviously.

Overall
    , I personally thought that it was pretty clever of Mard Geer to keep a weapon like Silver among them. He made a minor error by not anticipating the transfer of magic, but that's what makes a storyline good, in my opinion.

At least back then, the plot twists actually made sense.

19. Seven777

Seven777 Registered User

Australia
    Dark Arts was garbage, the only good thing about it was the creation of demons, and that all happened off panel.

Asorx and Takuan like this.
  20. Arjuna

Arjuna Registered User

India
    Hmmm Hades created it on panel.Remember he created Nemesis from dirt against Team Natsu and Laxus in Tenrou.

Asorx and Tirl like this.